★ THE BACK ALLEY ★ [MID’S FREE ART, CLOSED]

• 6TKe5Ut.png

When you reach the farthest depths of the darkened alleyway, orange eyes stare back at yours through the gloom.

Hey guys! Taking art requests is really motivating for me and helps me practice, plus I'd love to help you get some art of your characters! I mostly draw cats, but I'm open to giving most other creatures a try, so don't be afraid to ask if you want something unconventional drawn.

Want to commission me? Message me on dA!

I also have a PayPal tip jar here! Anything is greatly appreciated but also completely optional!! The practice I get from doing these is payment enough :)

★ ALL FINISHED REQUESTS CAN BE FOUND HERE!!

*QUICK NOTE: most people ask for my usual style of character art so that's what the form is generally for. however! you can also request: pixel art (full-size characters or mini icons) or 32x32 badges/accolades for your clan or group (example here)

FORM

Character name:

Character appearance + description: *try to include one picture reference, prefer point-form descriptions

Headshot or fullbody?:

Pose + expression:
    Transparent?:
    Border around character?:

Music recommendation (optional):

Other notes:

RULES

• You can submit an order when I’m closed to quote for later, but only requests made when I’m open will be added to my list - so keep an eye out for when the name of this thread changes to “re-opening soon” if you’re looking to request!
    • One piece of art per slot only please!
    • If you want to make more than one request, wait for 10 slots to clear between your orders so different people all have a chance to get art <3
    • Don't claim my work as your own - please credit me with @/midsummer if my art is in your tags
    • Be accommodating! Since I’m doing these for free, fulfilling requests won’t always be my top priority. But if there will be delays I’ll try to keep people updated!
    • Thank you so much to everyone who has sent a request, it makes me super happy to draw for you!!

heart speaks a foreign tongue

13 moons | riverclan warrior | played by midsummer

The post was edited 80 times, last by SWANFEATHER- ().

• le gasp your art is beautiful

Character name: branchfur

Character appearance/description (please try to include at least one picture reference, real life or art): x (exactly how he looks from the bottom) x (face ref)

Pose: sitting or laying down in a relaxed pose, maybe like he's laying over a tree branch with his forelegs just freefalling

Style (pick a sample number you like best, or leave it up to me): sample 1, but if you think it'll look better with another sample, by all means try it out. im not picky

Transparent?: yes

Square? (ie do you want this to be an icon): no

Border around character? (eg see white border in the samples): yes

Any song I should listen to? <3: i dont have a song that reminds me of him, if i find some i'll post again

Other notes: branchfur's really regal so his pose especially sitting down is v straight. he's also v emotionless and standoff-ish if that gives you some ideas to work with. thank yooou <3

• UHHH BEAUTIFUL ART I SPY??? THIS IS SO GOOD WTF??

Character name: Fangkit (though i'd appreciate if you drew him as if he's at least apprentice aged <3)

Character appearance/description (please try to include at least one picture reference, real life or art):

here is a photo ref of what his markings are like, here are some SUPER CRAPPY sketches of him! it's probably better to read the written appearance though hhh

Pose: Just kinda standing like in sample 1, with his teeth showing in a smile

Style (pick a sample number you like best, or leave it up to me): sample 1 please!!

Transparent?: yes, please

Square? (ie do you want this to be an icon): no, thanks

Border around character? (eg see white border in the samples): no, thanks

Any song I should listen to? <3: black mirror by arcade fire (creepy and dark, like him!)

Other notes: his tags are below if you want to give them a quick skim-through to try and get to know him a bit! also, please make sure he's smiling!

BYGHqaH.png

I SAW SOME TERRIBLE THINGS ON THAT NIGHT

I'VE DONE A LOT OF BAD THINGS IN MY LIFE

WINDCLAN WARRIOR — TAGS — PENNED BY WALUIGIPINBALL

• oof that is gorgeous art,,, can you by any chance do lions or is that outside your expertise? ;u; I'll post a form just in case you can but if you cant then feel free to disregard this!

Character name: Jericho

Character appearance/description (please try to include at least one picture reference, real life or art): In his tags

Pose: any!

Style (pick a sample number you like best, or leave it up to me): any!

Transparent?: yes please

Square? (ie do you want this to be an icon): if it makes it easier, sure, but preferably no

Border around character? (eg see white border in the samples): yes

Any song I should listen to? <3: apashe majesty is his main theme song, but also FML by kanye west

Other notes: his tags also have his info if that makes anything better for drawing ;u;

「 heck 」

The post was edited 1 time, last by HECK ! ().

• Okay, I added everybody to the list and I'll get started soon. Thanks everybody for your requests!! <3 :3

I think I'm okay with doing a lion so jericho's on there too :)

• OMG your art is literally gorgeous!!!!!!!!! <3

Character name: Sunpaw

Character appearance/description: Solid white domestic cat with amber eyes. Reference 1, Ref 2, Ref 3

Pose: Just sitting and smiling cheerfully would be good!

Style: Up to you! <3

Transparent?: If you want, sure! Any orange/yellow background is fine too since I want to use this for an avatar!

Headshot or fullbody?: Headshot please!

Border around character?: Sure!

Any song I should listen to? <3: Let's Go Surfing - The Drums (or like any Cheerful Upbeat song lol)

Other notes: nope! Your art is lovely btw <3 thank you!

EDIT: oh i forgot to mention - he is a character in the extended game not traditional, just to let you know! he's just a Normal Cat tho lol

• Character n ame: Alexithymia

Character appearance/description: High white child, dilute (blue and cream) tabby. Blue eyes. She has a purple collar, and wears purple-white flowers. Have this ref! Click

Pose: Maybe sitting, looking coldly?

Style: I love the Sample 1 style! (I cannot currently see Sample 3, so if that would look better then...?)

Transparent?: Yes

Headshot or fullbody?: FULLbody plz

Border around character?:white border please!

Any song I should listen to? <3: Three by Sleeping at Last, Naive by Sleeping at Last, Five by Sleeping at Last, and Jupiter by Sleeping at Last

Other notes:

• Added Alexithymia and Sunpaw!! I'll try to get everyone's done by next week.

didn't expect the slots to fill up so fast (๑•́ ω •̀๑) so if anyone still wants to place an order I added a waiting list for up to five more people :)

• This is amazing! Its so beautiful

Character name: Pearlpaw

Character appearance/description: A heavily scarred siamese she-cat with blue eyes Ref 1   Quick scar ref

Pose: Something like this A

Style: 1 please

Transparent?: yes please

Headshot or full body?: full body

Border around character?: sure!

Any song I should listen to? <3: You can pick whatever you like! I usually throw on an hour version of my favorite songs

Other notes: Thank you!

☾*: I LOST EVERYTHING BUT GAINED THE THINGS I NEVER HAD

PEARLGAZE / TRAD RC WARRIOR / SHE-CAT / 14 MOONS / TAGS / PINNED BY Cacti.

Art by -SWANFEATHER-

Kh0qgdB.png?1

• Character name: Lizardstar

Character appearance/description: solid black tomcat with yellow eyes, and faint tabby markings on his legs. he is also missing his back right leg

Pose: maybe laying down and looking up

Style: 1

Transparent?: yes

Headshot or fullbody?: full

Border around character?: yes

Any song I should listen to? <3: castle on the hill by Ed Sheeran is currently stuck in my head xD

Other notes:

2Bo11lB.png?1

I found my heart and broke it here

MADE FRIENDS AND LOST THEM THROUGH THE YEARS

LIZARDBOUNCE | FORMER WC LEADER | HEAVILY INJURED | TAGS (9/8) | PENNED BY ICEY

• oohhh tracking until I get on pc! this is such cute art<33

17Z0JTw.png

sharing evenings cool and quiet

WHO WOULD TRADE THAT HUM AT NIGHT FOR SUNLIGHT?

WREN | 19 | THEY/THEM | AUSTRALIAN | GLOBAL MOD | CHARACTERS

15/17 OF + SITE MARRIED TO THE OH SHIT A RAT™ SQUAD

• FLUXGRIN  

he's done <3 i hope you like him :)

fangkit was so fun to brainstorm for! i thought i'd share an extra sketch i did while warming up and getting the feel for his character. i mean, i don't know what you'd do with it, but i thought you might like it :)

• SCREECHES I LOVE IT SO MUCH!!!!! i’m putting it in his signature as soon as I get home AAHH it’s lovely!!! thank you SM!!!!!!

BYGHqaH.png

I SAW SOME TERRIBLE THINGS ON THAT NIGHT

I'VE DONE A LOT OF BAD THINGS IN MY LIFE

WINDCLAN WARRIOR — TAGS — PENNED BY WALUIGIPINBALL

• tracking!! omfff ur art is lovely !!

one kiss was supposed to be so sweet,
    but i found grapefruit in your teeth