Crumpled paper // p. Fayina

Let's Share! has (finally) launched! Our first article is a World of Tanks Guide by Enderclaw!
Check out this announcement about a new Power Reset item being added to the Inventory Store!
  • She couldn’t tell if their Shaderunner hated her or tolerated her. It was a fine like and Ver reckoned she pushed it way to much. While she found it amusing to watch the woman’s fur prickle at her brash words she doubted it was a good idea to get on her bad side. Especially now that they had to work together temporarily while Bast was gone. She wanted to learn more about her, wanted to actually learn to get along and figure out what made the woman tic. All while hopefully not pissing her off.

The shepherd would search the area, she knew it was hard to miss the strange looking feline but she’d call out her name anyway. ”Hey Fayina! Are you around I want to talk” she tried to force an edge of confidence into her tone. Not wanting to be outright refused.

// FAYINA

”speech”tags

THANK GOD FOR BUSINESS THEY LET ME TAKE THE FLOOR

I STOOD SO PROUDLY LIKE I WAS GOING TO WAR

BHR/SHADOW VEIL/SOLARIS LARGE MUTATED GERMAN SHEPHERD W/RED EYES MERCENARY

Storage played by Kedamono IC Opinions/Actions

• Perhaps Ver didn't know this, but Fayina was a very conflicted individual. An individual whose quirks were riddled with irony in the sense that though her name indicated she was as free as the birds that flew among the pines she felt trapped. Though she was a creature that could see deep within those around her she couldn't even see what lie in front of her without squinting. Fayina felt like a one-note being on the outside, a religious and spiritual woman devoted to the clergy in a world where non-religiousness was the general consensus. And though at times she lost faith in her beliefs she always found herself crawling back to her roots. Maybe at times she was even so bland in how disciplined she carried herself, but creatures like Ver could crawl under her skin like vermin. Their disregard for order and manners could pin her ears back, perhaps even make her raise her voice. And worst of all - the way they always seemed to be attracted to her like moths to a flame, they approached her and asked her questions about her life. Though Fayina humoured them to her best extent her work was devoted to others, that was her purpose. Talking about herself - that was not.

It seemed that Ver was particularily persistent, finding her way to her in the oddest instances, while she prayed, meditated, while she was pondering, sad. But luckily the feline had happened to catch the veteran in a particularily good mood. The prey was back and the Buddhist spent her time eagerly filling her tummy with her own catches while providing for her clan like the good citizen she aimed to be. Though she was fairly talented in healing and could hold her own using mind games on the battle field, the blind feline turned out to be an excellent hunter using invisibility and teleporation as a means of quickly locating and trapping prey, though she often missed kills narrowly the larger, slower animals did not get away so easily. She felt like, for now, she had found something she could do other than sit and give readings.

So when the woman, fresh out of the forest hears her name in the Ruins, the Shaderunner would attempt to let her tensions out. Bland, feminine voice full of disinterest. "Small talk bores me. Do you need something? A reading? Are you interested in discussing the terms of our temporary leadership together? I have no problem working with you, if that is what you are wondering." Asks the shadowy feline, always assuming they expected something of her. It was only natural due to the way she was raised, there were few that understood that.

◯◯◯

• She'd make her way over when Fayina's response rose in the air. She wasn't inept to the disinterest, she knew her very presence alone disturbed the woman. She could've woofed a simple never mind or took her answer as what she needed and forgot all about her games and curiosity. But she hadn't, Ver was a stubborn fool to hardheaded to ever give up on something she wanted. Some labeled it as persistence and bravery, a positive trait while others like the Russian blue likely felt she was out of her depth and an invasive asshole. Which was only made worse by the sheer fact she sparingly spoke on her past. ”Nah, i'm going to waste your time with something other than small talk” she'd remark smoothly with a casual tone to her voice as she sat on her haunches so she didn't stand over the smaller co-leader.

”I'm glad you're accepting, it means a lot” she'd say hastily before moving on to other things taking a moment to roll her shoulder blades; one of many nervous tics she had. ”I do want you to help me out though. If you can make the time” she wouldn't put it past her to shoo her away but Ver wouldn't relent ”I just wanted to get a few things off my chest about the past and what I should do going forward. You are adept at talking about these kind of things right Fay?” she'd gesture as she spoke, she'd prefer this be kept in private even if most the information she would be sharing would be useless and simple. She just wanted Fayina alone, she wanted to know her one on one. Regardless if the woman wanted to be looked at like that or not.

”speech”tags

The post was edited 1 time, last by Ver Million ().

• Fayina was also very stubborn, it seemed that she and Ver were fairly similar, but their wants were vastly different. When Ver mentions wasting her time Fayina huffs gruffly, swishing her tail around her back legs in defeat, she was much too tired to move and she doubted, though swift and stealthy with invisibility and teleporation powers, that she could outrun the canine. "Great." Fayina states, sarcasm thick in her tone that shows a tad bit of annoyance in her voice. Great, her time would be wasted. As co-leaders, they could be doing practically anything but instead Ver wanted to waste her time. Fayina rolled her cloudy eyes, her head turning away from the woman, feeling cornered. "I am a prophet, so I suppose." The woman wasn't exactly eager about being a target for Ver's vents, and she would likely get a little more angry when she figured out the intentions behind it, but that would be for later. "I suppose you can humour me for a bit."

◯◯◯

• There was a twinge of satisfaction seeing her relent so easily, as if she'd just won a battle. Though her annoyance was clear as day Fayina still allowed her company instead of spitting at her and swatting her away. Maybe she was saving that for later. She'd watch her mannerisms head bobbing from side to side as she smirked widely, in an almost overly smug fashion before she decided to speak ”Aww thanks Fayina i'm glad you'll hear me out” she'd return the sarcasm except lacing it with her blatant enthusiasm. She'd begin to pad forward before woofing at the Shaderunner again ”Mind if we uh.. find somewhere more private? Don't want to get disturbed now, do we?” she'd wink regardless of the fact Fayina wouldn't see it.

”speech”tags

• Did Ver always have to seem like she knew something that others didn't? The smugness made Fayina think for a moment, and quickly did the female see that something was not right. Her understanding of social cues was little and she didn't have the intuition to follow her gut and back down, she was in too deep to not go along with Ver's little scheme and the co-leader reluctantly trailed after Ver at her suggestion. Now, Fayina could see this three ways: either Ver was propositioning her, which was of course - ludicrous, or Ver was going to kill her, another preposterous idea. Lastly perhaps Ver just wanted to get to know the native woman a little better, that idea was a little odd considering their past interactions had been nothing but business and work, maybe the Midnightbringer was interested in taking their non-existent kinship from professional to personal. "Okay." The statement was blunt, as if her tail was being pulled by a child and she simply had to accept it. Ver had her in her clutches, now, Fayina was subtly interested in seeing this situation through, even if it annoyed her.

◯◯◯

• She continued to get what she wanted which in itself was a rarity. She couldn’t help but wag her tail slowly as she led Fayina to a quieter area of camp before slinking towards the outskirts towards the pines to a place she was sure no one would walk in on them. If she could’ve known Fayina’s suspicions she would’ve laughed, murder was the last thing on her mind it truly was out of the question no matter how many riches were offered. She wouldn’t lay a paw on any member of the veil in that way. Though the first wasn’t too out of the question, Ver took her chances to her women were easily to flirt with to come into with ease. This had winded up getting her in horrible situations, her impulsivity towards them being one of her greatest downfalls. Fayina was sure to kill her if one wry little comment went to far away from her normal teasing, she just knew. But would that stop her; likely not.

The third was reasonable as it was the truth. She wasn’t strictly business, she absolutely hated keeping things under the guise of professionalism. It was uncomfortable to her and she’d rather deal with the awkwardness of “accidentally” sleeping with her boss than never knowing her personally whatsoever. She’d turn on her heel to await Fayina same shiteating grin on her face ”Guess I have you alone now” she’d coo vaguely adding onto it with a wink before settling into her haunches. ”Do you want me to start talking or do you want to go over your rules dear co-leader? she’d woof as she made herself more comfortable in the grass.

”speech”tags

• Knowing that she had been giving Ver what she wanted was infuriated, but in truth the feline was so tired on this day that really it was all she could do. Running away from Ver would take more effort than simply staying still and listening to the hellish canines woes. In a way they were quite opposites yet very similar. Though, Fayina wouldn't admit that the exchange of lightly humourous words could bring joy if someone could match her in wit. "It appears so." The woman added, noting how isolated they were from everyone else. Then she was faced with a choice. Either she could go over her rules of the trade of let Ver talk. The sunset-eyed woman pondered. She didn't really have rules with her whole "counseling" business. "Just start talking. So we can get this over with."

◯◯◯

• She'd stick out her tongue for a second as she slopped on her side on the grass making herself comfortable as well as allowing Fayina to be eye level with her. ”You're no fun” she'd chide with the same amused smirk, her head slightly shaking as she shifted. She was determined to break the ice eventually, all it took was some prodding and a little allowance and vulnerability on her end. She'd strike gold eventually, Ver knew what she was doing and she so badly wanted to see who Fayina truly was. She was to stubborn to give up. She'd clear her throat, a guttural somber sound before going forward with her request.

”You know this is the first time I've ever vented to someone. Guess you'll be my first time huh?” she'd laugh loudly before hushing ”Sorry bad joke” that it was, but it was a joke that served a better purpose. She'd reluctantly truly begin ”I suppose i'll just jump into this. I mean I've wasted enough of your time and will happily waste more but... Well anyways- should i start from the beginning like from when i joined or do you want me to tell you about my past?” her childhood and adolescence would likely remain under wraps for all of time. She'd say little about it just as she had told Saturnring's all those months ago.

”speech”tags

• When Ver settled herself the air seemed to lighten up a bit. Fayina felt less like a piece of prey being cornered and more in control. She liked control, being able to have power over a situation - that was her forte. But Ver was all too well at annoying her until she relinquished control, like right now, and Fayina did not settle herself right away, she remained seated until Ver began talking all too well again, and the blind woman rolled her tangerine eyes. Perhaps she was a little offended that Ver believed she was no fun. She was tons of fun, just, she wasn't exactly in her prime that was all.

At her joke, Fayina nearly choked on her own air, not expecting that but then again - what was she expecting? Coughing to compose herself, Fayina raised a metaphorical eyebrow. Then she began talking again and Fayina already interrupted her before she could get to the word 'past'. "Goodness Ver just start talking." The woman would say, giving an exasperated sigh. "I do not care where you start."

◯◯◯

• She almost thought the woman was choking and had tensed up suddenly as she watched her posture and expression morph. But would relax realizing it was harmless, her chest puffing out and her fangs biting her "lip" as she tried to bite back a pleased grin. She hadn't expected such an unillicit joke to ruffle Fayina's feathers. It was good to know how easy she was to catch off guard. This was probably horrible information for her to possess.

She didn't comment on her interruption just smiled devilishly ”If you insist she'd woof in little more than a purr before obeying. Her paws would curl against each other ”I'll start in my so called glory days. I was a loner before I dumped myself here in these pines, i lived the wild life with plent of gold and food, pretty women at my side...” she'd wink subtly but would continue on without much of a pause ”and the entire world to explore. But it wasn't rewarding for me, as great as i felt with some stranger curled against me it didn't sate my mind. Didn't really make me happy whatsoever... I wouldn't call myself lonely but I feel-felt so hollow as if something integral was missing.” she'd lick the outside of her maw uncomfortably not realizing how awkward she felt talking about seemingly unserious things. ”Not much has really changed but having responsibility and friends I think has filled that hollowness a little... And hey not like i'm missing out on much anyways..” she'd think over her words for a moment before saying fuck it and going for the kill all for that sweet reaction. She'd shift making sure it was loud enough so that Fayina could atleast tell she was looking directly at her ”I still have plent of goods, and there's more than a few pretty ladies surrounding me”

”speech”tags