always on the hunt for a little more time / o, joining

Let's Share! has (finally) launched! Our first article is a World of Tanks Guide by Enderclaw!
Check out this announcement about a new Power Reset item being added to the Inventory Store!
  • AND YOU'LL SMILE, ON YOUR KNEES —

They glanced, for a moment, at the bones that littered the barren landscape as grisly trophies. A smoky black paw lifted forward to brush almost reverently against the nearest skull. For some reason, the angular jaw and prominent cheekbones felt familiar to them.

Upon hearing a soft footstep, they looked up. The transparent form of a calico cat stared back at them, from shining baby-blue eyes.

Their voice roughened from dehydration, they snapped, "What do you want? Haven't you haunted me enough?"

Beleg smiled gently. 'I am afraid not, Turin,' he murmured, caressing the name on his tongue like a love song. The pretty calico nodded at Turin's paws, where the skull still lay under their uncharacteristically tender touch. '...who does it remind you of?' The inquiry was barely audible, even in the stagnant, frigid air.

Turin thought for a moment, regarding their 'least favorite' apparition with a deep copper stare. After a moment, they answered, slowly. "It looks like you."

The ghost nodded, and he wasn't smiling anymore. He moved forward, lifting a dainty white paw to pass over Turin's face, as if trying to memorize their features with the approximation of touch. The taller feline shivered, but not from the cold. Something about Beleg confused them, made their heart beat with these unwanted emotions, clouding their judgement - a tumultuous mix of affection, lust, and anguish. They wanted to shower the other feline in gifts and compliments, then to touch and take for themselves, but all the while, they also wanted to cling tearfully to Beleg and never let go.

Beleg watched their expression as they battled back these feelings. 'What do you remember, my love?' He asked softly, bringing his paw down to hover over Turin's neck. They met the ghost's sky-colored gaze, then whispered, "Everything... and nothing."

They didn't know what was real and what was an illusion, from the new memories that seemed to be invading their brain. As if reading their thoughts, Beleg nodded in understanding.

'Turin,' he said, 'I must leave you now.'

Already? "You've only just started to follow me everywhere!" Turin protested, feeling as if their world were falling to pieces, even if they didn't know why. "I... I need you, I think."

The calico's expression showed fathomless amounts of fear, anguish, and guilt. 'Don't keep me,' he begged, 'Don't make this harder than it needs to be! I'll wait for you, I promise. I love you so much...' With that, a gust of wind blew his image away, and Turin bit back a sob.

They wouldn't let themself cry. They couldn't.

Breathing shakily, Turin continued on, trudging across the boneyard territory and hoping someone would find them, before the lack of water killed their hope and laid waste to their mortal body, just as it had done to Beleg.

//hey look, i found a way to kill off one old character while rebooting another :)

"speaking"

'ghost' 

— THE HUNTER BECOMES THE H U N T E D

• Death was a stranger to the lithe serval, to the point where she's convinced very little wrong can actually befall her or her friends. How else could they have survived so many wild nights drinking and taking drugs? They put their bodies through hell and back and returned with a wild grin on their faces. The seeming immortality of adolescence combined with her own destructive nature had made Nadine into quite a daredevil, among other things, but death never darkened her door.

Walking along the gritty sand of the Sanguine Ruins, the third tier kicks a skull from her path. She's too young to die, anyway, so was just about everyone she knew. Maybe it was a herd mentality of dumbness that had placed her in so many scrapes; maybe she was just hopeful. Either way, Incarnadine knew no afterlife that'd take her.

Thankfully, her home was a bitch of reality that'd take anyone in.

"Hey! Hey, you! You alright, hot stuff?" She calls, picking up the pace as she makes her way over. There'd been an increase in people rocking up in bad shape and she doesn't want him to die on her. It'd be a total drag, and ruin her walk. Oh, and sad. Definitely sad. "I get that it's, like, rude and all, but can I grab a name and business?"

"speech"

I KNOW I'VE GOT A BIG EGO

( i really don't know why it's such a big deal though! )

♥ ——— ♥ ——— ♥ ——— ♥

• ♥ ― Death was not a stranger to Jace, unlike Nadine. Jace had died and come back more times than he could count, and honestly, it was tiring. His soul just wandered aimlessly to be reborn again or take over some body. Compared to his birth body, a little white serval, Jace wasn't even remotely close to that anymore.

As Jace could hear Nadine calling, he got nosy and interested in what she was calling about, or rather to who. When he bounded over, he was eager to bump Nadine's shoulder in a playful greeting before he turned his eyes to see Turin. He didn't say anything because Nadine already did, he just smiled brightly.

sanguine ruins regent (vice-leader).

known as jace b. ecuador-vires (periodically as tate challa)

loyalist/lifesaver/legend/socialite/taskmaster

ex Ascended Leader, ex BloodClan scholar, ex BloodClan deputy

current body: black panther w/ glowing green eyes

accessories: tooth necklace + brown satchel

a softie but also lowkey murderer

They winced at the loud voice that assailed their ears, and raised their head. A leggy serval greeted their exhausted gaze, and they responded, "...not rude..." Turin blinked several times, trying to stay awake. "Well, name's Turin, and I think maybe, I'd like to join? Don't have anywhere else to go - not that I'd survive the trip if I did." Their vision started to spin and go dark, and they clung futilely to awareness.

"I'm so fucked," they mumbled, and collapsed forward, nearly falling onto Jace.

"speaking"

• ♥ ― Ah! Jace was just about to respond with, why yes, of course you can join when Turin collapsed. In fact, nearly into Jace, which startled him. He immediately moved forward, trying to break Turin's fall so he wouldn't slam his head on the ground. And perfect, they didn't have a strict title medic. "Shit, uh, uh, should we get Haruka?" asked Jace as he glanced quickly to Nadine. He looked down at Turin, bumping him gently with his nose. "Yo, are you okay? Can you hear me?" God, the last thing Jace wanted was for this poor guy to knock out on the border and they'd have to lug his body back.

• "For fuck's sake," Comes Haruka's exasperated exclamation as he arrives on scene, hot pink eyes settling on the disoriented Turin Break with thinly veiled curiosity and slight intrigue. He wondered what happened to the guy if he ended up in this sort of shape. The kitsune clicked his tongue and moved over to Turin's side, hoping to get the serval to stand up on all four's before promptly attempting to nip the guy on the face to make sure he stayed awake. "Hey, stay awake," He commands but his tone is soft, encouraging but nonetheless firm. "We can't have you passing out here. It'd be hell trying to get you to wake up again." He glances over to Incarnadine, and tells her swiftly, "Go and get him some water. This guy looks like he needs it pretty badly. Me n' Jace'll try to keep the guy awake long enough to get him to camp and into some shade."

HOLY WATER CANNOT SAVE YOU NOW

haruka himura baskerville walker + penned by yakan + tags + plot

they jumped, having been nipped rudely in the face, and on top of that, this annoying bastard wouldn't misgendering him. "my pronouns are they/them, you moron," they croak, opening their coppery eyes to with unhappiness and death upon haruka and all his family. "call me a 'he' again and you'll lose your balls." honestly, not the best thing to say, but they're a jerk anyways. an exhausted, dehydrated jerk at that.

nonetheless, they stand, still trying to murder the kitsune with their angry stare.

//ic opinions, but seriously, pronouns are important (irl mostly)

"speaking"

• [ Ah, sorry! I skimmed the first couple of posts, bad habit. IC opinions also, Haru's not very nice ]

Haruka rolled his eyes as Turin jumped from his simple nip. He hadn't even nipped them that hard— it was like a pinch if anything. They were acting as if they'd bit them in the face. The Himura was not very happy himself when the asshole started insulting him. Everyone knew how far they'd get with insulting Haruka. "I don't know why you're getting so angry at me over something I had no clue about. Seems like you're the real moron here." He snaps back without much remorse, whatever sympathy he had for this stranger gone in an instant as he curls his lips at Turin. Oh yeah, Haruka was not having any of this when he was trying to be nice to the bastard. "I was just trying to help but I can let you die here and I won't give a fuck if you're gonna threaten me." They'd be shit out of luck too, because even if Jace and Nadine tried to help they wouldn't get far, he reckoned. They had no medics in the Sanguine Ruins and he was the best they got currently.

turin smiled wryly at haruka's attempts at intimidation. "letting me die? that'd be fine with me," they murmured, and lay back down as if to prove their point. "just so i can sell my soul to satan in my dying moments, in return that, wherever you put a paw down, you step on a thumbtack. those little bastards fuckin' suck. imagine having to step om them everywhere you walk for the rest of your life." turin closed their eyes, sighing dramatically. "have fun dousing your widdle sore feeties in rubbing alcohol, jackass." they let out a theatrical groan. "ooohh, everything's going dark... satan's on his jolly way down for my soul... you'd better hurry up with that water, my dude..."

//it's ok :')

and as a peace offering, i present to you: a showcase of turin's special brand of humor

"speaking"

• The serval blinked in shock at Turin’s brief fainting spell, genuinely surprised. Well, that was something she hadn’t seen in a while. She worries her lip at Jace talks about what they should do, not keen on getting Haruka. They hadn’t exactly had the best introduction, and even if the red guy was sticking around, her pride had stopped her from apologising or even trying to make amends.

Speak of the devil. Nadine scowls as the little bastard tells her to go get water for their newest joiner, one paw stomping the ground in annoyance before she turned to go. The verbal scuffle the two were getting into made her stop and sigh in exasperation. She wanted to complaining about boys being boys, but it isn’t quite applicable to the situation, is it?

"With all due offence, Haruka, we can’t exactly let them die," Nadine huffs and shakes her head, stalking over to stand closer to Turin. She didn’t know them yet, but they didn’t get along with Haruka and that is more than enough for her. "They’re a Ruiner now, dipshit. I’ll get water if you promise to play nice, m’kay?"

"speech"

♥ ——— ♥ ——— ♥ ——— ♥

• Ah, so they thought that they were funny? Haruka could only watch with an mildly unfazed expression as Turin puts on a dramatic display and waited until it all ended to say, "Okay, fine. I won't help. I don't really care, anyways." He states this simply without much thought and he genuinely seemed uncaring as he lifts his shoulders to offer the universal gesture of "I don't really give a fuck." However, he glared at Incarnadine briefly when she spoke to him. "I didn't say we now did I? Now try helping them without me, because I'm not going to offer my help only to get threatened in my fucking home." He returns, stepping away from Turin with a roll of his eyes. He thinks contemptuously to himself as he begins strolling away, holding his head high with his mood embittered.

[ out! ]

The post was edited 1 time, last by HARUKA HIMURA ().

• The serval watches the cherry red male storm off with a scowl on her face and her lip twitching in annoyance. "Fine! Be like that, pussy!" She calls after him in frustration, pacing and kicking sand for a moment. Nadine curses colourfully under her breath in a stream that isn't particularly directed at anyone. She can totally do this, right? It isn't like she's completely along, since Jace seems to have stuck around through that little fiasco. The third tier drags in some deep breaths to calm herself before turning back to Turin with a strangely large grin. "Welcome to the Ruins, fucker - can you walk back, or should we get Jace to carry you? He's got real strong muscles, don't you worry." Her language is at ends with the smile on her face, determination holding her together.

What a way to get into a group, am I right?

"speech"

♥ ——— ♥ ——— ♥ ——— ♥

• ♥ ― Jace huffed and groaned, not irritated but simply exhausted by the bickering. It is what it is, he thought. "Guess you're gonna have to last till we get there. I know basic aid, but I ain't got no herbs on me. I'll carry you, don't wanna stress you out more." Rumbled the panther, going to lift Turin from the ground. Nadine wasn't wrong, he was quite strong and he wouldn't mind carrying Turin, it was just tedious - unless Turin didn't want to be carried.

they snickered weakly as the annoying red kitsune left in a huff. "he seems charming," turin commented dryly. "and i, uhhhn, no qualms against being carried. so long as i ... don't die..." their consciousness started to fail again, as they were hoisted onto the black panther's back.

"speaking"

• "Yeah, he's peachy," she replied, her voice dropping to a more annoyed tone and the smile slipping from her face. Nadine, certain that Jace can handle carrying their newest member, turns and signals him to follow her with a flick of her tail. Her stride is long and her shoulders are stiff, muscles coiled beneath her fur. She'd just wanted to go on a nice walk, none of this life saving bullshit. It was such an annoyance, and a necessity, which was probably why the medical field had never called to her.

"So, Turin, anything else wrong with you besides your dehydration and fucked up humor?" Nadine calls over her shoulder, rosy eyes briefly meeting Jace's in a kind of, I don't know what I'm doing, but it's boring, way. Greeting strangers was nice and all, but treating them wasn't.

"speech"

♥ ——— ♥ ——— ♥ ——— ♥

• FIREFLYPAW DARLING-KILLJOY

A small huff would escape the young Third Tier as he approached, pale gaze briefly watching Haruka's exit before twitching back to the newcomer. "Sorry about all that," hummed Firefly, tail twitching slightly as he spoke, "It's nice to meet you Turin." If they needed him, Abbi would certainly be able to help in the other's place.

golden tiger | has peacock feather tied to tail | 7 moons | "speech"