Chenoa Bay, Oregon: population 12,853. A quaint but relaxed college town that's known for its serene aesthetics and flourishing nightlife; a renowned hot spot for photographers, vacationers, and bad decisions alike. It was first established as a traveler's outpost in Oregon almost two hundred and twenty years ago. The legend goes that the first settlers of Chenoa Bay were wanderers, constantly moving from place to place. They had been stigmatized for their ability to slip into the skins of wolves and were thrown from their previous settlement. In short they decided to make their new home in Chenoa…
Of course that's just a silly legend. The citizens of Chenoa Bay are pretty sure that the town was founded by normal human settlers, but the wolf legend makes for a good tourist trap. Plenty of people turn up year-round to enjoy the city and its supposed history; it rakes in the money and keeps everything running. There's absolutely no chance of finding any real werewolf packs.
After all, it's only a myth.
Werewolves are a rare and aloof species, mostly unknown to man and for good reason. The fear of exposure is still very much alive, forcing most into hiding; blending in with society is key in order to avoid both hunters and humans.
There's something odd about Chenoa Bay, but it has maintained its reputation as a safe haven for over two centuries now. The pack it houses is well-accustomed to modern society, and has mastered the tactic of hiding in plain sight. After all, it's a bit hard to accuse someone of being a werewolf, isn't it?
‣ Werewolves can be either born or bitten. However, only pureblood werewolves can turn humans into weres. Bitten werewolves have less control over their abilities and tend to struggle more. Born werewolves will always be slightly stronger than bitten werewolves.
‣ In comparison to humans, werewolves have enhanced strength and speed; they also heal at an accelerated rate. Their sense of smell and hearing are greatly heightened. In their wolf form, they are much faster and stronger, and all of their senses are amplified. They are strongest under the full moon and weakest under the waning moon, although the lunar cycle does not control their ability to shift at will.
‣ Their appearance in full shift mimics that of a typical grey wolf. However, there are some differences. Although their fur always comes in natural hues, their eyes maintain their human color. Werewolves also tend to be larger and taller than standard grey wolves.
‣ They are usually in good control of their shifts, but when overcome by negative emotions they can struggle to stay human.
‣ Silver burns them via contact, and Wolfsbane is incredibly poisonous when ingested.
‣ Werewolves generally only require between five and six hours of sleep to function perfectly.
‣ The pack doesn't focus much on ranks. There is no true hierarchy, and the Alpha doesn't directly refer to themselves as being 'in charge,' unless there's an absolute crisis, or someone demands to speak with the 'leader.'
THE CHENOA PACK.
On the outskirts of Chenoa Bay, towards the forest line, you'll find a circle of cabins. This small neighborhood looks almost like a gated community, but upon closer inspection, there's something off about this seemingly exclusive subdivision.
The werewolves of Chenoa are benevolent and have existed within the city since its founding. For the most part, they mind their own business, and even if the locals are a bit weary of their presence, their secret remains just that: a secret. With the title of 'sanctuary' tied to their name, the Chenoa Pack has a habit of taking in whoever shows up at their doorstep; they also have some influence over the town, with most maintaining careers or even picking up time as students at the local university.
ALPHA; The leader of the pack; generally tasked with keeping tabs on everyone and providing guidance. They are the deciding factor in any major decisions or crises that affect the pack. (1/1)
- dominic foster
GAMMA; Generally the mate of the alpha, though not always. They play the role of 'peace keeper' and keep the pack as stable as possible. They are usually very gentle souls with endless amounts of patience. (0/1)
BETA; Second in command, or the one who oversees the pack while the Alpha is busy or away. They work very closely with the Alpha as their right hand and concern themselves with the pack's safety on a regular basis. (1/1)
- elijah wilder
HEALER; Traditional role is outdated; a title given to someone who is generally very wise and understanding. They also have a tendency to be studying or practicing medicine, and may patch others up from time to time. (0/1)
MEMBERS; Regular pack members, like the name suggests. (0/∞)
OMEGAS; Newcomers who've only recently joined; not necessarily "lower", just haven't assimilated to the pack yet. (1/3)
- catherine walters
i. This will be semi advanced, but quality matters more to me than quantity. However, I expect a solid paragraph or so with every reply.
ii. I have the right to deny forms.
iii. Realistic face claims only, please.
iv. Activity is somewhat crucial. I don't expect you to post every thirty minutes, but once every few days would be nice.
v. Reservations will last 24 hours--after that, the spot will be re-opened.
vi. Message me if you have any questions! Also if you have any major plots ideas, make sure to run them by the group first.
LINKS & FORM.
plotting/discussion - [x]
roleplay - [x]
this is just a skeleton! you can edit this form to your liking.
- [align=center]image here[/align]
- [fancypost='width: 45%;margin:auto;text-align:justify;font-family:arial; font-size: 8px; color: black;'][b]full name[/b] →
- [b]nicknames[/b] →
- [b]age[/b] → + date of birth!
- [b]gender[/b] → + pronouns!
- [b]sexuality[/b] → + romantic orientation (if you want)!
- [b]rank[/b] →
- [b]relationships[/b] →
- [b]appearance[/b] → doesn't have to be extensive or detailed. just list out the important things--you could also put a reference of their wolf form here
- [b]body modifications[/b] → tattoos, scars, etc.
- [b]face claim[/b] →
- [b]personality[/b] → again, doesn't have to be extensive! can literally just be traits
- [b]aesthetics[/b] → optional
- [b]headcanons / additional[/b] → optional. can include anything from bits about your character's history, fun facts, quirks, etc.
- [b]future plots[/b] → optional
- [b]other[/b] → if you have anything else to add, put it here! otherwise, this can be deleted