Inertia Is A Property Of Matter | o, Twoleg attack/mild injury

Let's Share! has (finally) launched! Our first article is a World of Tanks Guide by Enderclaw!
  • Smokestride slid down rough bark of an oak and landed on the snowy ground with a solid thump, a mourning dove clutched in his jaws and a satisfied expression on his face. The burly tom always relished his solo afternoon hunts and how they allowed him to enjoy the sights. sounds and smells of the forest in peace so he could de-stress and organize his thoughts. Just when he was about to turn tail and walk back to camp to deposit his catch, the jarring sound of crunching snow and snapping twigs accompanied with the acrid chemical scent of Twoleg caused him to whip around in shock, dropping the limp bird on to the forest floor. There, barely a fox length or so in front of him was a juvenile Twoleg stepping out from behind a tree with its strange naked skin topped by a shock of curly red fur on its head and strange skin coverings that somehow resembled the white on brown and green canvas of the trees and snow of the forest on most of its body.

What was a Twoleg doing so deep in the forest? Before Smokestride could even react, the gangly creature crowed unintelligibly and lifted up a shiny brown and black stick up with both hands, pointing it at Smokestride with glint in its eyes. He first registered a loud pop that made his ears ring and even as he flinched from the ear piercing sound, the Maine Coon felt shooting pain in his left hind leg and he yowled in pain. Now in pain and his blood boiling from a combination of adrenaline, anger and fear, the warrior instinctively turned and half-ran, half-limped towards camp, his ears plastered flat against his skull with the Twoleg running close behind as it yelled and its strange stick giving more sounds that cracked through the forest in rapid succession. After only a few steps Smokestride realized that if he continued to run towards camp, the Twoleg would follow him and possibly hurt his clanmates. He would have to take a stand to defend himself and at least distract it or drive it away outright. Spinning around on one back leg in an attempt to keep most of his weight off his injured leg, he let out a deep snarl and swiped with a heavy paw, a flash of satisfaction appearing as he felt his claws tear through the multi-colored coverings and into the Twoleg's flesh while his head leaned in to sink his fangs into its lower leg. "Leave you filthy piece of crowfood!" The Twoleg shrieked and flailed its pained supporting limb and dropped its stick as its naked paws grasped his scruff roughly and yanked, bruising his skin and tearing him away and flinging him on to the snowy ground. Smokestride wheezed as he felt all of the air whoosh out of his lungs and he struggled to suck in a breath as he scrabbled to his feet while the Twoleg scooped up its weapon and turned tail and hobbled towards the Twoleg place. For a moment Smokestride could only lay there on his side panting to catch his breath. Trembling from adrenaline he attempted to stand, his hind leg screeching in pain and the warm feeling of sticky blood dribbling down the smoky fur of his injured limb. What was that?

/ brookfur - TDLR; Smokestride got shot by a nasty ass Twoleg with an airsoft gun.

I was listening to the ocean, I saw a face in the sand

: : : :

Maine Coon |Warrior | Male | 36 Moons | Skyclan | Bisexual | Thoughts In Yellow Italics | Tags

But when I picked it up, it vanished away from my hand

• Pop! The sound rang out throughout the trees, sailing through the air and reaching the velvety ears belonging to the cream and white feline. Then a mesh of sounds started to bombard her but one rose above all of them; the sound of Smokestride. It was a pained yowl that pierced her right in the center of her chest and she immediately felt a rush of worrisome energy spike through her. "Smokestride!" Dottie called out before she even knew what she was doing, her hurried paws thudding against the ground as she rushed towards the collage of sounds.

She didn't arrive in time to see the commotion that had just occurred, just the aftermath, and her wide eyes scanned over the gray body of the Maine Coon searching for the sight of the injury. "Oh my!" She gasped before rushing to his wide, crouching down lower so that she could get a good look at his bloody wound, concern written all over her face."Are you okay? What happened? Can you stand? I'll help you." Her words came out like a blubbering brook as she frantically glanced around, wondering if what had attacked him was nearby or for someone to go get help from Brookfur. Her attention snapped back towards Smokestride in an instant, her face softening until it was completely tender.

//rushedddd </3

what a time, what a time, what a time.

ex-kittypet - 25 moons - tags

• Smokestride turned his head in the direction of Dottie's voice to see the pale she-cat hurrying over, the concern in her voice making his heart skip a beat even as he swayed in an effort to keep his balance on three legs. "I- I'm okay I can stand... some dumb Twoleg jumped out from behind a tree and pointed this stick at me and then I got this leg wound. I think it's gone now since I bit a good chunk out its leg." He panted, trying to get out words while trying to catch his breath, his own expression softening in Dottie's presence though stress was still sharp in his yellow gaze from his recent experience. "I just hope it won't come back." He finished, the tremble in his limbs now more evident as the last dregs of adrenaline left his veins and the pain of his injury and the reality of the situation began to sink in and he winced as the pain lanced up his leg. "I might not be able to walk back to camp though, could I lean on you?" He asked tentatively.

Maine Coon |Warrior | Male | 36 Moons | Skyclan | Bisexual | Thoughts In Yellow Italics | Tags

•         tags

EDIT; I was ninjad but Im pretty sure it still works so I'm leaving it lmao.

/sorry but huge rushed post I forgot to reply to this and I'm literally walking out the door rn.

Lavenderskies jumped as her ears began to ring at the sound of the loud noise, the sound of the thing was enough to put any cat into agony... By the stars what was that? Fear usually didn't easily creep inside the she-cat... but the unfamiliar loud noise managed to do just that. Immediately upon hearing a few loud calls and cries Lavenderskies was on her paws and she raced over to the scene.

Her eyes were quick to land on Dottie and Smokestride, and it didn't take long for her to see the blood oozing from his wound. Alarmed she quickly padded over to the two of them, panic evident in her eyes.

"Oh dear- Dottie, put... put pressure on his wound. I think that'll help but I'm not sure what else to do. Stay here! I'll go get Brookfur." She told the both of them, her voice was a little shaky as she was still in shock from... whatever that noise was. With that she rushed off in the direction of camp hoping to fetch Brookfur as quickly as possible.

//wont tag again since she's already been tagged but :0

dd0t4xr-d80b4558-c473-45a3-88b1-ab72835ef05f.png

WELL MY HEART IS GOLD

BUT MY HANDS ARE COLD

FEMALE SKYCLAN DEPUTY & QUEEN 47 MOONS BIOGRAPHY PENNED BY myth

• Flàmeheart had been sitting in camp when he heard a sound he knew all to well. Twolegs?! Again?! Unlike a foolish Warrior or apprentice, Flameheart just stalked over to the entrance to camp and poked his head out. There was no way he was just going to stroll over to where the Twolegs were, not after the seven moons he spent imprisoned by them. If a cat was hurt, he would know when they got to camp.

• Rushing to the scene, having been fetched by Lavenderskies, the little Chartreux sucked in a quiet breath when she realized that Smokestride was bleeding from a small wound that looked remarkably painful and odd. Catching the faint scent of Twoleg, Brookfur understood the situation enough and shook her head with slightly exasperation at how destructive Twolegs were. Gesturing to Dottie, Brookfur got on Smokestride's other side and offered her shoulder for the warrior to lean on as well. "We need to get him back to camp, quickly. Lavenderskies, can you clear the way for us as we go?" They needed to get back quickly before Smokestride lost too much blood, so having another cat able to move branches or other obstacles would help that process immensely.

"speakingthoughts"

skyclan medicine cat ✿ 16 moons ✿ she-cat ✿ bella x unknown

penned by hanakosong - TAGS

•         tags

Ultimately the gray molly was heavily relieved she was able to fetch Brookfur quickly, she wasn't sure exactly what had happened but the gray molly didn't want her friend to be in anymore pain then he had to. She just hoped it hadn't taken them... too long. But with Brookfur now here and being able to take care of him things should be able to clear up soon.

"You won't have to ask me twice Brookfur." She said with a small nod, with that the feline turned around and would get to work, hoping to move branches, twigs, rocks big enough to cause a rushing cat to trip over out of the way as fast as possible. She couldn't help but feel... scared... Her ears still seemed to be ringing from that awful noise, and what were twolegs doing in SkyClan territory? This might not be good... not at all.

dd0t4xr-d80b4558-c473-45a3-88b1-ab72835ef05f.png

WELL MY HEART IS GOLD

BUT MY HANDS ARE COLD

FEMALE SKYCLAN DEPUTY & QUEEN 47 MOONS BIOGRAPHY PENNED BY myth

• Smokestride grimaced as his ears still rang from the popping sound and his leg throbbed in time with his pulse and took the opportunity to lean some of his significant weight on to Brookfur. He went to nod in agreement at Brookfur's statement but was briefly overcome with a wave of dizziness and he swayed on his remaining three feet, cursing under his breath as he regained his unsteady balance. Maybe he was losing more blood than he thought. The smoky tom couldn't help but look over his shoulder one more time, afraid that the Twoleg would somehow still be standing behind him pointing that awful stick at him, but he saw nothing but forest and undergrowth. "Yeah, it's probably best since I'm not sure how much longer I will be able to walk or stand." Smokestride panted, waiting for the others to start walking back to camp.