I SHOULD HAVE PRACTICED MY SCALES | JUNIPERTHORN'S STORAGE

• ( OPINIONS ARE IC \ "SPEECH" \ BUMP THREADS AFTER 2 DAYS )

GENERAL .

JUNIPERKIT \ JUNIPERPAW \ JUNIPERTHORN

— male

— 14 moons \ ages semi-real-time

— heterosexual + heteroromantic \ taken - ½ of juniperwind

— traditional skyclan \ senior warrior

— lavenderstar x butterflydawn

PHYSICALITY .

✧ CINNAMON TABBY TOM WITH GREY-GREEN EYES AND A SCAR RUNNING ALONG HIS SPINE

— juniperthorn is sleek and lithe, a rather handsome looking tom with a sheen to his pelt- well, as handsome as a cat with his personality could look. a scowl is often etched upon his face, echoing his general annoyance at many of his clanmates, and his eyes carry fatigue due to his lack of sleep. his fur is cinnamon with the typical tabby markings, and his often tired-looking eyes are a grey-green, resembling unripe juniper berries. a long scar runs along his back, from between his shoulder blades to where his tail begins. his left ear is slightly nicked and a small, jagged scar is slashed across the bridge of his nose.

PERSONALITY .

✧ BITTER, SARCASTIC, LOYAL, PERFECTIONIST, INTELLIGENT, UNEMPATHETIC, PERSISTENT, RUDE, SLIGHTLY ENTITLED, CONFIDENT

—juniperthorn is bitter, sarcastic and prefers alone time- he is undeniably a staunch introvert, often preferring to focus on what is best in the big picture, rather than enjoying every little moment. though, this doesn't make him unconfident- he is bold, a natural-born leader, and is very logical and intelligent. his oversensitive bitterness often stems from the fact that he's very sleep deprived as he oftentimes has vivid nightmares which interrupt his sleep and prevent him from falling back into a slumber. he is fiercely loyal to his clan, and cares deeply for the few people he does trust and hold close to him. though he is battle-wise and clever, he's not socially clever, and often doesn't think about feelings before he speaks- he enjoys being sarcastic and oftentimes believes he is in the right, which means he often doesn't apologise for his actions unless specifically told to. juniperthorn is a fierce and difficult-to-down warrior, as his love for strategy and battle motivates him to be ready for any move. though, he isn't too talented at hunting- he is rather bad at balancing when stalking prey and often tries to avoid it. a perfectionist, any task juniperthorn is asked to do will be done at a high standard, even if he had slightly unorthodox ways of going about these tasks.

INTERACTION .

✧ PHYSICALLY HARD \ MENTALLY HARD

— will start fights \ will end fights \ will give mercy (under most circumstances)

— will confront violence \ will not run away from a fight

MISCELLANEOUS .

✧ IF URGENTLY NEEDED IN A THREAD, MENTION JUNIPERTHORN

— penned by waluigipinball

image0.png

BUT THE SKY'S GONNA HURT WHEN IT FALLS

SO YOU BETTER START BUILDING SOME WALLS

SKYCLAN — SENIOR WARRIOR — TAGS, PENNED BY WALUIGIPINBALL

The post was edited 23 times, last by JUNIPERTHORN ().

• ☆ JUNIPERTHORN'S TIMELINE ☆

SKYCLAN KIT 

☆ on february 24th 2019, juniperkit was born to lavenderskies and butterflydawn (BREATH OF LIFE [o] kitting). juniperkit wasn't a kit who enjoyed playing games or make-believe; no, he passed the time by closely observing his clanmates and their movements, and also by listening to political conversations, heightening his interest in politics.

☆ one day he became restless, and attempted to leave camp only to be caught red-handed by his mother and scolded (OSCILLATE YOURSELF TONIGHT | LAVENDERSKIES).

☆ he saw his first dead body at a young age, witnessing dottie giving birth to stillborn kits (you are my sunshine -open, birthing). this planted seeds of doubt about starclan's kindness into his mind.

☆ suffering from chronic nightmares, juniperkit passed out into his food from lack of sleep (LIFE ITSELF | OPEN) and later opened up to his mother about said nightmares (DON'T YOU NEED ME, BABY BOY | LAVENDERSKIES).

☆ soon after, juniperkit was made an apprentice and given his uncle basilwisp as a mentor (Look at All Those Chickens//APRIL MEETING).

SKYCLAN APPRENTICE

☆ in his early apprenticeship, juniperpaw cemented a friendship with mothpaw, a cat he considers to be his first and best friend (FLASHBULB EYES | MOTHPAW).

☆ he was also shunned by some other apprentices, leading him to reflect on some of his actions, and perhaps think more about how he spoke to others (I WANT YOU ALL THE TIME | OPEN).

☆ his reckless streak had not faded, however; soon after, at seven moons old, juniperpaw decided it would be a good idea to wind up a riverclanner, who attacked him, giving him a wound that measured the length of his entire spine (COCOA HOOVES | DOGTOOTH).

☆ after this happened he returned to camp, having lost a lot of blood and memories of the attack (IT'S RAINING SOMEWHERE | OPEN + INJURED).

☆ soon, the boy would remember it was a riverclanner who wronged him, because of how the riverclan scent tended to set something off within him, and his distinct memory of having to cross a river to escape, but did not openly admit this to anyone until an argument he had with his mother (CAN'T LOOK ME IN THE EYE || after the gathering). left with intense paranoia after his attack, juniperpaw sided with bloodclan because he was scared that skyclan would get attacked if they were to drop their alliance.

☆ after a long break from his nightmares, juniperpaw had an extremely vivid one, one which scared him so much it pushed him to truly go and get help (GRAPEFRUIT SKY | open + night terror).

☆ soon he went to see brookfur, who instructed him to have two doses of poppy seeds a week to help him sleep, something he abided by at first (SHE'S MY COLLAR | brookfur).

☆ seeing heronswoop give birth to another litter of dead kits, his faith in starclan dwindled (a new dawn // [o, kitting]).

☆ shortly after this, he and mothpaw were humiliated by minnowstar, who claimed they didn't know anything because they were apprentices and should keep their mouths shut (Snakes and Stones Never Broke My Bones||ANNOUNCEMENT). this caused him to develop an intense irritation whenever someone disrespected him.

☆ badgers invaded skyclan territory and juniperpaw, alongside mothpaw fought them; juniperpaw left this battle with a chunk taken out of one of his ears and a jagged scar across the bridge of his nose (HEROES || fighting badgers). this was considered the time where mothpaw and juniperpaw proved themselves.

☆ soon he was made a warrior alongside mothpaw, hurricanepaw and boapaw; juniperpaw gained his new alias, one which he adored- juniperthorn (I SEE COLOR || [meeting 7/25/19]).

SKYCLAN WARRIOR

☆ on the night of their vigil, mothshine opened up to juniperthorn and told him about the relationship she had with one of riverclan's medicine cats, finchblossom (time ticking on me | p. juniper).

☆ soon after this, a cat by the name of arcticwind joined skyclan, and she piqued his interest with her appearance and peculiar backstory (EVERY MOMENT / JOINING, OPEN).

☆ his mother left to the moonstone to receive her nine lives, and despite his skepticism about starclan he wished her farewell in a small and rare moment of tenderness (homeward bound | leaving to moonstone).

☆ arcticwind soon approached juni, claiming she wanted to know him- this baffled juniperthorn to a ridiculous extent but left him feeling rather flattered afterwards (AUGMENTING ALL MY IMPERFECTIONS \ arcticwind).

☆ twolegs then invaded skyclan's camp, destroying their old camp and forcing skyclan to seek refuge with riverclan. ("LET THEM EAT CAKE" SHE SAYS - [twoleg invasion]).

☆ after their return, juniperthorn was sparring with an npc and accidentally injured them after a move they performed reminded him of when he'd received his spinal scar (MY BODY IS A CAGE \ open, npc injury)

☆ lavenderstar stated she was going to attack bloodclan, something that brought back up juniperthorn's terror of being hurt; he advised against attacking, at first (TRUTH HURTS [meeting 8/19/19]).

☆ skyclan and riverclan both boycotted the gathering because of bloodclan's presence there, and held a gathering of their own, in which juniperthorn finally met finchblossom (CAN'T REWIND | riverclan & skyclan gathering).

☆ after two apprentices, bluepaw and cloudedpaw, had been harmed by bloodclanners, juniperthorn's mind soon changed- he didn't want nothing to be done about their injuries the same way that nothing had been done about his. he attended skyclan's raid of bloodclan due to this (PERSONAL JESUS [☆] RAID).

☆ in the raid, juniperthorn received a scar; three claw marks on one side of his face. he examined this scar in a bout of solemnity after the raid (THE SUMMER SLEEPS IN TIME FOR AUTUMN \ open).

☆ he then had a nightmare about arcticwind dying, and ran into the other when he was crying, both of them tearful messes. he felt himself falling for her (DOWN BY THE SHORE \ arcticwind)

☆ in september 2019's gathering lavenderstar tried to justify skyclan's action against bloodclan and was met with bitter contempt. this evoked intense rage within juniperthorn and he exploded when they got back to camp from frustration, especially toward lizardstar for publicly severing the alliance and eaglestar for making things worse by fainting, believing she shouldn't have even been attending (MAKE ME YOUR QUEEN \ open, after gathering).

☆ as vengeance for the raid, bloodclan slaughtered skyclan's prey in cold blood- juniperthorn discovered this alongside many others (LIKE A RAT OUT OF THE WATER | slaughtered prey

☆ in a rush to tell mothshine he believed he was falling in love with arcticwind, juniperthorn approached her, only to notice something was off- he learnt then that she and finchblossom had called things off. he postponed his planned conversation, opting to comfort her instead of being selfish (EARTH IS A PRISON \ mothshine)

☆ frustrated and kept up at night by his anger and nightmares, juniperthorn began to develop an addiction to poppy seeds, sneaking them into the warriors den and ingesting them at night to sedate himself (NO SILVER BULLET FOR A MEMORY \ oneshot, development)

☆ arcticwind saw right through juniperthorn and confronted him about him possibly having feelings for her. he admitted this and the two began something resembling a relationship (INVISIBLE BONDS / JUNIPERTHORN)

☆ is promoted to senior warrior, much to his own surprise. he receives support for this, which further surprises him. (YOU TAKE MY BREATH || MEETING [10/5])

☆ juniperthorn out-loud admits that arcticwind confuses him, and that frustrates him (LA BALLADE / OPEN, INJURED)

☆ lavenderstar, juniperthorn's mother, dies after her health had been gradually declining. this absolutely destroys juniperthorn, as his mother died whilst pressed up against him (in heavenly skies [☆] death)

☆ lavenderstar's burial. in a place filled with poetic speakers, juniperthorn worries whether what he's saying really makes sense. he struggles to remember lavenderstar's last words to him (ashes to ashes - o, lavenderstar's burial)

☆ heronswoop leaves for the moonstone. juniperthorn expects to find himself bitter and hateful that she is taking his mother's place. but instead finds himself proud and hopeful despite the grief he feels (she walks in starlight - open, leaving for moonstone)

image0.png

The post was edited 13 times, last by JUNIPERTHORN ().

• ART:

image0.png

The post was edited 4 times, last by JUNIPERTHORN ().

• CHOICE AWARD WINS

SKYCLAN MARCH 2019
    ☆ favourite kit
    ☆ angriest

SKYCLAN SUMMER 2019

☆ worst lifeguard

☆ most likely to knock down a sandcastle
    ☆ most likely to complain about the heat

image0.png

• LYRICS -- ☆

"they say let go, let go, you must learn to let go / if i hear that fucking phrase again, this baby's gonna blow"

☆ grey tickles black pressure, john grant

"i sit in the car and listen to static / she said i look fat but i look fantastic"

☆ life itself, glass animals

"lay still, restless / losing sleep while i lose my mind"

☆ my ordinary life, the living tombstone

"i am the greatest motherfucker that you're ever gonna meet"

☆ gmf, john grant

"she gave me sleeping powder / i was gone"

☆ sleeping powder, gorillaz

"so go ahead and love me while it's still a crime"

☆ gmf, john grant

"pain pills, nice clothes / if i fall i think i'll fly"

☆ my ordinary life, the living tombstone

"global warming is ruining my fair complexion / augmenting all my imperfections"

☆ global warming, john grant

"pineapples are in my head / i've got nobody 'cos i'm brain dead"

☆ pork soda, glass animals

image0.png

The post was edited 1 time, last by JUNIPERTHORN ().