gun shop defense . stone

Let's Share! has (finally) launched! Our first article is a World of Tanks Guide by Enderclaw!
  • ❝ YOU CAN PRETEND YOU DON'T WANNA KNOW ❞

There wasn't much a cripple like herself could do. Not that she was a permanent cripple by any means. No, Carla had just had a rather unfortunate accident which led to her coming to the Ruins. Rather on a whim, really. She had never been one to stick around in Clans all that much, probably because the loner lifestyle was more for her. She had been on her own for only a little bit, but already she was running into problems which was problematic in its own right. But it sucked even more because she could barely do anything to assist. It felt like she was dead weight, and some people were making her feel like less than that. Carla wanted to wring their heads for those actions, but she was holding herself well in that sense. Still, the tigress was bored, and so she was back to doing what she was always doing. Laying around the infirmary and picking at ice from the walls.

STONE.

❝ BUT I READ THE SIGNS FROM YOUR HEAD TO YOUR TOES ❞

GOD IS A WOMAN ————

carla + ada wong in disguise + played by: soleanna

• //I just realized that the lyrics in her fancy are from body talks and yo I just GEEKED

The Ruins were the first place where he felt like he had a home. No, not even the Tribe had really felt like one to him. He was still too much of an outsider then.

He knew that when he stepped up he was going to have people who weren't into it. But without having Always there to confirm her statement about her selecting him to lead, he figured that there was going to be little way of convincing them to join his side. He had now reached the point where he didn't care what they thought. If they were still living here, then clearly it wasn't so much of an issue that they couldn't bear to see him on the throne. How many of them really put it past him to do something to the former Queen just to take power for himself, anyways? Did that actually cross people's minds?

But being a leader also meant a lot of stress. A lot of exhaustion. A lot of wear and tear on the body at a level he hadn't experienced before. He didn't frequent the infirmary, not by any means, but when he did show up, it was likely so that he could get some traveling herbs to keep his strength up. No, rest was never an option. Not when he had work to do. Usually there was someone else there when he showed up, most likely being tended to by Yuuki or Crownpaw (most likely the latter these days), and he'd try to start a conversation, but it was all small talk. He was there to get what he needed, and they weren't there for chatter. But every time, he at least tried. So when he spotted Carla looking bored when he stepped in, his exhausted expression softened slightly. "Is your leg doing any better lately?" he asked with a polite tip of his head.

"speech."

feel the faith go and drain out from the tub ——tags.

THIS IS HELL

THIS IS EVERYTHING I LOVE

&& SUCH A GOOD JAM + THE STRUTS ARE GR8

Carla had no home. Not officially anyway. Sure the Sanguine Ruins were her current base but Carla, as she existed in this current moment, had no official home to herself. She was a wanderer, called upon when absolutely necessary and left to her own devices when she was off-duty. The young tiger was usually in much better shape than this, which was why she was constantly grudging over the fact that she could do barely anything at the current moment. Besides, it wasn't like anyone was coming to visit or seeking her company. She had 'friends' she supposed, but Carla didn't really do friends. She certainly did enemies though, and Untamedpaw was right up on that list. But someone she certainly wasn't expecting to run into on their own was Stone. The leader. The big bad. Or...not really bad from what she could tell. He was always looking tired, but that was about it. "Not really, at least not since it got bandaged. Yuuki says I'll probably be here for at least the next few weeks until it's fixed."

GOD IS A WOMAN ————

• Stone didn't really seem to do friends either. He had a few Clanmates with whom he was close, and then everyone else just felt like acquaintances. It was an odd feeling. He could probably count on one paw the amount of real friends he had. Violeta, Petra, maybe Jace? Definitely not Kukiko or Yuuki, since the two of them seemed to feel varying degrees of annoyance at his existence. But he thought it was a shame. He thought he had plenty of friends until it turned out that they either didn't like him or were intimidated by him. He nodded along slowly to Carla's words, letting out a little hum of disappointment at the prognosis from Yuuki. "Shame. I'd get hay fever if I were stuck in this place for that long," he said. "Sucks that no one around here has those fancy healing powers. That could at least speed up the process."

"speech."

THIS IS HELL

"You're telling me," Carla said, sitting up fully and glancing at the bandage and stint to make sure that nothing had come unraveled or misplaced. Looking back to Stone, she regarded him curiously. Here he was the leader of a place once known as BloodClan and he seemed like a giant teddy bear at best. At least compared to the rest of his clanmates. The memory of him explaining his origin still confused her. Why on earth would someone who appeared to have some sense and morals pick a place like this to settle down. "Don't take this the wrong way," Carla said, "But you really don't belong in a place like this." She took a paw and swiped at the underside of her nose. Rebellious teenager. Curious child. Any one of those two personas would work in this moment. Besides, she had heard plenty of other undesirable things come out of the mouths of people her age in this place.

GOD IS A WOMAN ————

• Stone was surprised by Carla's next comment, but in the next moment he supposed that h probably shouldn't be. After a moment of silence fell between them and the King processed her words, a rumble of a chuckle escaped him. "You'd be surprised how often I get that," he mused. It certainly wasn't the first time that someone had considered his calm and god-forbid compassionate demeanor quite odd in a place that prided itself on being brutal and worshipped a god that demanded nothing but blood and violence. "It's a long story," he added with a shrug of his powerful shoulders. "Though you don't seem to be going anywhere fast."

"speech."

THIS IS HELL

She'd caught him off-guard, or at least surprised him. That was a bonus. It piqued her interest, and kept her going. At his comment, she raised an eyebrow and frowned. "Ha, ha, very funny." The tiger said, sarcasm dripping from her tongue, but that didn't stop her from sitting down so that she could settle in for the story. A very personal story, mind you. Who knew how personal this would get. "You said you were part of another group. Were you born there?"

GOD IS A WOMAN ————

• When Carla sat down, Stone figured that it would be acceptable for him to do the same. he was no longer bothered by telling people the story of his life, even if it wasn't the prettiest. He just knew when it was a bad time to bring it up or even mention it casually. This, though, seemed like a good enough time to tell it. He hadn't gotten the chance to tell it in a while, anyways. "Before I lived here full-time, I also lived in the Tribe of Storms and Stars, but it's not where I was born," he explained. "Before the world shifted, I was born in a place called RadicalClan. I don't know if you've heard of it. Seems like it's becoming less and less familiar to people the older I get."

"speech."

THIS IS HELL

Carla was sitting there, laser-focused on the words being relayed to her. She drank in every single word that Stone said, though probably not for the reasons that he thought. Not for the reasons anyone thought. So far, slipping in was easy. Practically obtainable for even the stupidest animal in Agrelos. But she digressed. Stone was not from here. He was from the world of old; before Agrelos. Carla, in this form, had never known a world besides Agrelos, and so hearing things of the old world was fascinating. It was something that she couldn't touch or know with her own two paws, something relegated to stories and oral histories. Good thing Stone was still around to tell them. RadicalClan. She would be lying if she said she knew of it. Shaking her head, her eyes narrowed. "What made it so radical?" On the last word, Carla would make a large movement, likely referencing the fact that younger people liked to say the word radical as though it was something cool. It wasn't.

GOD IS A WOMAN ————

• Carla was doing a hell of a job of blending in, that was for sure. The King had had no interaction with the Dark Dynasty since the time of the severing of their alliance-- he knew not that the creature named Ada Wong even existed, let alone the fact that she was skilled in going undercover. Maybe it was his compassionate side turning him a bit naïve. He saw her being neglected somewhat by some of his Clan, he he had done his damnedest to try and help her feel more comfortable. Little did he know that this was probably going to come back and bite him in the ass someday. "Some people thought of it to be more radical than others. Essentially, it was a matriarchy. And they didn't look too kindly upon males and male children." He motioned to himself with a paw. "Which, as you can imagine, didn't go well for me."

"speech."

THIS IS HELL

Some people thought of it to be more radical than others.

Well if that wasn't the most boring answer that she had ever heard. Anyone could have told her that. However the information regarding the social status differences between males and females was way more fascinating to her. Hmm... So he had come from a place where males were not considered the same as females? A difference, surely, compared to other groups where men held all of the cards. "Sheesh, no wonder you left. Did they make you guys do all the slave labor or something?"

GOD IS A WOMAN ————