Picking Daisies [Capture thread]

Let's Share! has (finally) launched! Our first article is a World of Tanks Guide by Enderclaw!
  • [This thread will be open after the fight.]

Gleampaw Let's go find medicine lol

Bracks They'll be out of the forest in a few posts. :)

They didn't have as many herbs as was needed with how many cats were being injured recently. Polysong had taken time to organize and count their stores each day and seeming each day they had less and less. It was always an apprentice who had something to prove and gets hurt or a rogue attack. The suffering seemed to be endless this time of year and even with Nightstar's advisory to abstain from pregnancies they'd still had many kittings this season. It confounded her to understand what might drive so many she-cats to become pregnant when herbs and prey were as scarce as possible. It frustrated her to no end but instead of standing around and complaining she decided she'd borrow an apprentice and go look for more herbs.

There weren't many cats around given the awful weather and her eyes landed on an apprentice she wasn't very familiar with. That was perfect, she'd get to meet a clanmate she hadn't met before and hopefully find plenty of herbs.

"Gleampaw, right? You don't seem to busy, would you mind coming with me while I collect some herbs?"

"Speaks"

Her bio

• "Something... something...

Greatest There Ever Was...

something...something...

— Gleampaw

bioplottingmain

Small ears twitched at the sound of the ginger medicine cat's gentle voice. Lifting her head up off her paws she turned to face Polysong. Although she never spent much time with the medics she still greatly respected them, so if Polysong wanted her company she had no desire to decline or sass it. She simply rose to her paws, a neutral expression on her face and she padded over to Polysong, offering only a respectful dip of her head as a greeting.

As they made their way into the forest, Gleampaw stalked confidently beside Polysong wondering why she had asked her to join. Maybe she should make the effort and talk to her? Shaking her head she kept her maw shut but instead starting to wear a smile. They weren't saying much but Gleampaw was quickly beginning to enjoy being in the presence of Polysong. Maybe she could say something? Opening her maw no words came out but a squeak and her eyes widened in embarrassment. Her pelt heated up rapidly and she quickened her pace starting to lose track of where they were and ignoring the strong murky scent from the Bloddclan border. "SPEECH!"

// sorry ifor late post but lets go!!

"Is what I've done too much to take
    Or are you scared of being nothing."

Gleampaw - Trad. Riverclan - She-cat - 7moons - Apprentice - Penned By Dia'Kendi

- Mentored by Onyxpool - Shimmerpool X Shreikheart

Plot: Coming Soon

• As Gleampaw rose to her paws and approached her, she nodded back to the apprentice. She doesn't mind that the apprentice offers her no words, Polysong assumes that the apprentice likely tired from training earlier in the morning. The ginger she-cat breathes in the frosty air of evening as they enter the forest. It wasn't too long ago that she'd searched the areas nearest to camp and so she decided to check under the twoleg bridge.

"Let's follow the river up to the twoleg bridge. Herbs sometimes grow in the rocky area under it." She suggests, breaking the silent with her soft but focused mew. She'd never really been the type of cat to enjoy silence but something about the snow melting as the evening light dawns makes it pleasurable.

Fluffy orange paws would stop as she hears Gleampaw's squeak. She almost smiles in amusement but doesn't so as to avoid hurting Gleampaw's feelings.
    "Hey wait, you're crossing the border." The medicine cat calls as quietly as she can, heart-rate quickening with dread.

(Sounds good.)

"Speaks"

Her bio

• Large hues like vast oceans of encapsulating blue gazed out past that was the bloodclan border. Broad daylight wasn't the ideal time for what planned in his intricate mind, but there was never really a good time for a kidnapping. It did go to say that no one may expect such a thing to occur in the light of day, so maybe this would go just as smoothly as he would hope. Flanked beside his pristine wheat and earthen marked pelt was the bodies of a fellow bloodclanner like himself, a kit of course, but it was never too early to learn how things went in life. on his other side was the young child he had discovered sometime ago, fascinated by his remorseless killing an general handiwork. Bracks gave Datura the go ahead for violence if he felt like it, not keen on getting his hands bloody if it didn't entirely suit his needs.

Just so it happens, his paw emerged over that harshly scented border only to trigger the hushed sounds of voices drawing near. So his treat was coming to him now? Well this was quite the delight. A silvery tabby pelt emerged first, followed more hesitantly by a russet and white princess that seemed just as alarmed as that small heart that thumped so loudly the whole forest might hear it. "Good morning ladies. Such a beautiful day for hunting, the prey seems to just run right into your paws!" A smile curled on his maw as he gazed down at the two young children, long plume swaying behind him with satisfaction.

Hylcynth   datura //capture thread i mentioned c:

information "speech"

—MADNESS SWALLOWS ME WHOLE

loner +bio + cashmere marbled bengal + penned by tamsen

• a killing spree in white

Slinking lazily from the dry reeds bordering part of the river, Datura's pointed ears flicked once to free some clinging debris from the plants. Narrowed blue eyes tracked calmly up and down the two she-cats, assessing their threat levels. Datura sighed shortly, her gaze flicking towards Bracks as the tom cat spoke. "I thought you said this would be worth my while," Datura drawled with boredom dripping from her tone. "They don't look like much to play with."

//short post i apologize i'm a bit rushed right now

speaking thoughts

shadowclan ☆ warrior ☆ 13 moons ☆ genderfluid ☆ percy x liz

penned by hanakosong - TAGS

something...something...

— Gleampaw

bioplottingmain

Cursed words swirled around in Gleampaw's mind, each louder than the next. They blocked Polysong's warnings and the hot headed she-cat mindlessly stalked over the border but it wasn't long before she was confronted. Smooth vocals interrupted her muttering mind and Gleampaw was finally brought back into reality to be faced with the creamy hues of a devilishly handsome Bloodclanner. Electric eyes widened at the sight of him and the normally composed feisty girl was frozen in awe.

The tiny apprentice puffed her chest out and did her best to hold strong as her legs trembled beneath her. In an attempt to avoid similar embarrassment, Gleampaw cleared her throat before responding, "You're mistaken...Sir." It wasn't like her to treat Blooderclanners with respect, she barely did a good job being kind towards her own clanmates but there was something about the suave demeanor that got Gleampaw to behave. "Now, I would never make the conscious choice of even taking one pawstep on a dump like yours, so we're going to leave..." She continued as she took cautious steps backwards to get closer to Polysong. She could see the Bloodclanner's gaze locked onto her medicine cat and although she was small they would have to put up a fight if they wanted her.

// quick note: minor powerplay is okay with me :3 just know that despite her size and age she's a bit more experienced than one would expect. Oh, and i am happy for Bracks to knock my girl out!!

Gleampaw - Trad. Riverclan - She-cat - 7moons - Apprentice - Penned By Dia'Kendi

• Polysong froze in fear as one tom appeared from the reeds, flanked by two females. "Gleampaw, get back!" The medicine cat ordered, her fluffy winter coat standing on end. Her back arched defensively and she bristled as Gleampaw insulted them on their own territory. She may not have learned much of BloodClan during her time within the city as a kitten but she knew that insulting any cat on their own territory was foolhardy. This was a bad situation and she instantly regretted asking for Gleampaw to accompany her.

As the she-cat spoke Polysong shivered. It wasn't exactly clear to her what the BloodClan cat meant by them 'not being much to play with' but she wasn't keen on finding out. "It was an accident. She's young and careless, didn't mean anything by it." The healer almost pleaded.

"Speaks"

Her bio

• C-crossing the border? Those forest clanners! The little ginger tabby would let out an unthreatening hiss, her legs short yet filled with the energy needed to fill in the gaps of the older cat's steps. Her odd eyes gleamed in slight excitement- the talk of catscrossing over borders and the dissing of their wonderful territory, that filled the already shivering with anticipation kit to the brim with joy. Her first skirmish! Just like she'd rehearsed- it wasn't her wonderful clanmates that did the trespassing, the forest clanners fell over their paws in a fumbling mess, crossing into their territory.

How lucky Hyl was to witness this- the conversation running back and forth between the older cats made her move her head back and forth between the speakers. Though Bracks sarcasm didn't register in her, Datura's diss almost made her jump in joy! Almost. Not that any forest clanners would see her embarrass herself!

At the healer's tone, Hylcynth would cock her head curiously, wondering what she was so scared of. Well, Bloodclan, of course! Her clanmates were the best! " Hey... I'm here and I haven't crossed over yet! Maybe you need to raise your kits better!"

something...something...

— Gleampaw

bioplottingmain

Although the apprentice wasn't happy about the way her medicine cat spoke about her, she knew to keep her mouth shut. They were in the mess because of her and all Gleampaw wanted was to leave without taking a fight. However, in case there was a fight she started assessing the opponents. It may have been cheap but it looked like their best chance was for her to injure one of the kits and whilst Bracks was distracted leave as quickly as possible. She briefly glanced to the two other kittens, making sure not to take her eyes of Bracks for too long. The small silver tabby was aware she had to wait before making the first move, otherwise it could cause an uninvited war with Bloodclan. "SPEECH!"

// Hylcynth is so cuuttee!!

• His lengthy feathered plume flicked in dismissal of Daturas words, a glance sent his way that seemed to hold a sinister glint on the otherwise blank expression. "Make do with what is offered. If you can kill mercilessly with reason, then lets see you harm another for no reason." Honeyed words carried behind the venom that fell from his maw, bright oceanic hues staring in question. Perhaps he wasted his time with the young murderer, maybe he'd need to be more thorough next time he saw some potential. "You may leave if this isnt suited for you, i wouldn't want your morals and abilities questioned." And with that, he glanced down to the kit looming beside him, a wink following a gentle smile. Children were so impressionable, she could learn a few things if she didn't cower away for what may come in a few moments.

"Now, dear children. For such a careleas mistake on your end, I'll only take one of you back to the city as punishment. You may choose whom that will be, or you can leave that up to me so we play fair. How does that sound?"

//sorry, tad bit rushed!

information "speech"

Snorting hard enough for it to slightly hurt at Bracks' words, Datura couldn't help the immediate scoff that followed. "Morals? C'mon, Bracks. Don't start sounding like my old man on me. You know I'll tear up anything that moves, I'm just saying it's going to be rather boring with these ones. They're so puny." The cinnamon tabby fell silent as Bracks doled out the deal with the forest cats, blue eyes glinting with slight craze at the thought of losing the chance to rough up some cats. Her lips peeled back slightly in a scowl, but Datura remained in place, eyes tracking any and all movement from the she-cats sharply. She had no will or want to impress Bracks and his stupid ego, but the cinnamon tabby wasn't about to miss even the slightest twitch that could indicate she could leap at the forest cats and rip them to pieces.

speaking thoughts

• Polysong felt her heart skip at the entire situation. She wanted to swear at the BloodClan tom and tell him that she was no child but this wasn't the place for wannabe heroics. The wrong word choice could get them both killed. She wasn't stupid enough to invite the rogues into deciding that she and her accomplice should die here. Clearing her throat, she stepped forward.

"Fine, I'll go with you then. I'm sure taking a healer would be more impressive to whoever is leading BloodClan than an apprentice." She mewed shakily, not feeling as confident as she'd wanted to. The healer had wanted to put on a brave face for Gleampaw but it was something that she couldn't muster under the circumstances.

"Gleampaw, get out of here."

"Speaks"

Her bio

• That toothy smile the man trademarked curled on his maw, ivory thorns breaking up his earthen cashmere pelt alike dried, stark white bones in a dry desert. "A healer it is then!" His long tail beckoned her forth, round optics pausing shortly on the ginger and white child to quickly rest on the apprentice Gleampaw. "But before you scurry off-" that gaze merged back to Datura with expectation falling across the blue pools. "Datura came here for a reason as well, I wouldn't want to deprive him of getting a bit of blood between his claws. I like to keep to my word, so if he wishes to give you a lesson about crossing borders, then I apologize in advanced for what damage he causes."

Was he sorry? Of course not, but one thing was true: he kept to his word as best as necessary. And with that, he gave a gentle nod in farewell- but not before a few more words tumbled from his vocals. "Leave her some life to get back to her camp, I won't be blamed for a child falling to your claws on my order." A final look was cast toward his accomplice before it was drawn back to his prisoner. "Don't worry, little dove, you're as safe as can be expected with me in bloodclan. I don't particularly like killing children, but don't push your luck on that note either."

information "speech"

• O.. oh! Well, that was over quickly, right? Not that Hylcynth would know, but... " Hey um... that's all?" was Datura enough to prove to those Riverclanners who's boss? Also... was it even exciting if she left with them willingly? Ugh! Her head spun with impossible amounts of confusion.

Oh well, maybe one Bloodclan would be enough- not any of them could lose to some Riverclan apprentice anyways! SHe'd stare blankly at Polysong for a moment, taking in the cat's fishy scent- ew!

ooc: rushed and THANKS OMg

• Stiffly Polysong moved over to the menacing tom, afraid that he might hurt her at any second. What he had to say for Gleampaw sent her into a panic all over again. "That wasn't the deal." The healer protests unsheathing her claws unconsciously. She didn't doubt that the apprentice could handle two BloodClan kits but if she was wrong and Gleampaw got hurt she wouldn't forgive herself.

"G-lea-" Her mew is cutoff when the lead rogue addresses her directly. "I'm not a child." Anger built inside her and she couldn't stop herself from scoffing at this adult leading around a gang of feral-children.

"A good clan doesn't send kittens to fight its battles. Not like BloodClan..." She uttered defiantly to him, fury blinding her senses for a moment.

"Speaks"

Her bio

• // before i respond, two things: one, Datura is genderfluid and in this thread using she/her pronouns!! two, is it okay for Datura to attack Gleampaw? i don't want to attack and wound without knowing that Gleampaw's writer is okay with that happening

something...something...

— Gleampaw

bioplottingmain

Gleampaw's short legs trembled beneath her weight. She stared hopelessly at her medic offering herself as tribute for the foolish mistake she had made. "P-P-Poly..." she stammered as she watched the fawn bloodclanner talk down to her. They were going to break her if she let them take her! A fire ignited in Gleampaw's piercing yellow orbs and she starred daggers into the older of the three but he merely turned away with Polysong by his side, sending the cinnamon tabby to do his dirty work. "You can't take her!" Gleampaw roared, bunching her muscles and launching herself into combat with the group. Like she had calculated, she aimed for the youngest hoping it would distract the others long enough to make the escape with Polysong. Leaping at the Bloodclan kit, Hylcynth, Gleampaw would push her to the ground and attempt to draw blood from her by using her back legs to scratch her side.

// Lets brawl!! :D although Gleam did jump on Hylcynth, Datura can push her off and fight her. I don't mind a lil powerplay :3 oh and it probably should end with her getting knocked out

Watching lazily as Gleampaw launched towards the other little BloodClanner that had been with Bracks, the cinnamon tabby grunted in annoyance and took a few quick steps towards the two younger cats. Swiping her paw through the air, claws gleaming and sharp, Datura aimed to slash at Gleampaw's back, uncaring of how deep or violent her blow would be. She just knew that the apprentice needed to be engaged in combat with Datura so Bracks and the kit could leave. Plus, this would at least be somewhat interesting since Gleampaw was all fired up.

speaking thoughts