New Journey ~ Wandering Trainer ~ New Friends ~ Open, Jump In!

Let's Share! has (finally) launched! Our first article is a World of Tanks Guide by Enderclaw!
  • "Oh, thank you, Weiss!" the Professor said, taking the envelope. "I'll open it after I get you all on your way." Nodding, he motioned to a small box with a bag next to it. "I'll be starting you off with a Pokedex, to register any Pokemon you capture, five PokeBalls, and five Potions. Wouldn't want you to be without any healing items!"

"Oh, thanks, Professor!" Luna chirped, Pika and Joy smiling in gratitude. "We really appreciate it!" With that, she went up to the box, taking out the small handheld device, and then to the bag to get her beginning supplies.

"And before I forget, actually, you'll need your starter's PokeBall." the Professor reminded them, handing them each the PokeBalls that their new partners had emerged from. "You'll need them, but it's your choice whether to use it or not."

• "Th-thanks for understanding, Weiss." Hickory bowed her head in gratitude. "We really could use some time to bond." Sage, on the other hand, caught some of Ignis's fire in her eyes. "Chika! (Indeed~!)" She snorted, a competitive smile gracing her little green face. "Taaaa-aa! Chiko, chiko, Ritachik! (You just wait until I level up and become a Bayleef, because we're gonna be the best team ever!)" While caught up in fantasies about her very own pile of defeated Pokemon to stand on, her sharp little claws dug deep into Hickory's arms, and Hickory began to wriggle, trying to make the claws slide off. When her very own Pokeballs and trainer equipment were held in front of her, and Sage's claws were still stuck in her skin, she was at a loss. "Um, Sage? You're kind of...oh, ow.." She looked around at the others for advice. What was vastly comfortable for Hickory seemed to be very comfortable for Sage, and she didn't want to seem rude when the two had just met.

God, am I sorry I ever considered myself an artist.

• "Of course." Weiss responded, helping Hickory up and standing before turning back to the professor. Setting Ignis down on the lab floor, she went up to the box after Luna moved to the bag and took out a silver and black Pokédex. After pocketing the Pokédex in her back pocket, she moved to the bag after Luna had gone, where she got her beginner's supplies. Unzipping her jacket reveled a white and red multicolored piebald patterned shirt with a strap connecting to a small bag on the side, the bag concealed over the Ocean City jacket. Putting the Potions and Pokéballs in her bag, she zipped her jacket back up and stepped out of the way, grabbing Ignis' Pokéball as well from Professor Elm and clipping the Pokéball to her belt, so that Hickory could get her stuff...

Except that Hickory was having a bit of trouble caring Sage, as Weiss could see that the trainer was vastly uncomfortably with the Chikorita's claws digging into her arms.

Yes, the dreaded time for school has arrived. Expect a lot of dip in activity from me.

---

Anybody up for Etrian Odyssey? Beginner-friendly too! Go here.

---
    Current list of Major Interests: MGS, Etrian Odyssey V, and a couple of other minor things

---

☐ Single

☐ Taken

☒ How about n o

---

The post was edited 1 time, last by white fang me ().

• "Sage, could you be gentle? Those claws might hurt a bit if you're too rough." Luna said, placing her hand on the Grass Type's head. "I know you're excited, but please, be careful." Pika and Joy watched their partner as she attempted to talk to the Chikorita. They knew she would be successful, she was always great with Pokemon and understanding them. "And I'm definitely sure you'll be very strong, and I bet you already are. You and Hickory will be an amazing team." "Pika!" "Toki!"

• "Chiko. (Thanks.)" Sage replied awkwardly, wiggling her claws free from Hickory's skin. Hickory bowed her head in thanks as well, feeling the debits in her arms begin to disappear. She was finally able to accept her supplies, stuffing them in her worn backpack. "So, uh..." She asked nervously, looking out the doors into the neverending world. "...what should I-we do now?"

• Looking once more at the two girls, Weiss let out a small chuckle before picking up Ignis. "I suggest that we take Route...29 to go to the next city." Weiss said, looking to Luna then to Hickory. "It connects this town, New Bark Town, to the next city, Cherrygrove City."

She also noted, "Maybe we'll even be able to catch some Pokémon as well."

Yes, the dreaded time for school has arrived. Expect a lot of dip in activity from me.

---

---
    Current list of Major Interests: MGS, Etrian Odyssey V, and a couple of other minor things

---

☐ Single

☐ Taken

☒ How about n o

---

• "So...that's it?" Hickory hissed, holding Sage a little tighter. "We just...go to the next town? With all those wild Pokemon? By ourselves?" She gritted her teeth, watching the path unwind in front of her, extending forever. Arceus only knew what was waiting for them in the grass. Beedrill with their poisonous thorns for hands, Raticates with their bone-piercing teeth, Fearows with their muscle-tearing beaks, and Poochyena with their boundless wrath circled in front of her eyes, making her dizzy. She stumbled backwards, catching only to find herself stumbling forward into the door. Sage managed to avoid collision by crawling onto her trainer's back, sliding onto the floor when she fell over.

• Ooc: Sorry I took so long! Muse died bc of midterms last week >~<‘

“I’m from Cherrygrove, it’s not that far from here,” Asher piped up, Lulu following along beside him.

He shifted his bag a bit on his shoulder, putting the supplies away going quiet again for a moment.

He noticed Hickory fall and turned around, “H-hey, hey...it’s alright...we’ve got our own Pokémon to protect us if anything does want to fight.” Lulu made a fierce face for emphasis. Well, as fierce of a face as a furret could make.

Asher pushed up his glasses, then offered Hickory a hand up.

“I promise it’s not that bad.”

The way is lit

The path is clear

We require only the strength to follow it

• "Yeah, no worries. The Pokemon aren't too strong around here." Luna assured her. "And Asher's right! We do have Pokemon to help us out! So, what're we waiting for, let's go!" the blunette chirped, rushing out the door, Pika and Joy with her. "Route 29, Cherrygrove City, here we come!" It wouldn't matter if a wild Pidgey or Rattata came out of the tall grass, she knew she could handle it. She believed in her partners. "We're gonna go find some new friends!"

• "Well, what they said, Sage." Hickory stammered, slowly pushing the door open. "We gotta catch them all, right?" "Riii! (Right!)" Sage barked back, standing proudly and galloping outside as soon as the door was opened wide enough. Smiling with relief and amusement, and not wanting to be alone with her luck, Hickory threw herself onto the path in pursuit of Luna and Weiss. "Hey, wait for us!"

• Nodding once more, she slipped out of the Professor's Lab, following Luna to Route 29.

"Oh, right!" Weiss thought, taking out a small, Xtransceiver-like wristwatch and clipping it to her right wrist. It wasn't a Xtransceiver, per-se, but instead had the functions of a Pokégear. This silver and gold color "mixed" version of the two systems contained cartridges for a calling system(that also contains a built-in camera to do "face-time" calls), a map of Johto(and possibly Kanto), and a music player.

Once Weiss clipped it onto her wrist and booted it up, she slowed down a bit to let Hickory catch up. Of course, she had decided that Ignis could hang out in her hood for a bit as they were traveling through routes.

---

---

---

☐ Single

☐ Taken

☒ How about n o

---

• "Hey, thanks." Hickory panted, pausing to catch her breath. "If you don't mind, I think we could sort of...help each other out more if we were together? I-if that's okay." A strange feeling tickled in her chest as she spoke. Was she actually...making friends? The last thing she expected to do today was be social. "I-it's just because I'm scared, right?" she asked herself. "But I guess it would be kind of rude to meet these people and then just forget about them. Yeah, that's why I want to do with them. Mom said I should make more friends, anyway."

Hickory, meanwhile, was perched on her head, proud and stiff like a Mandibuzz, scouting for any and all wild Pokemon looking to pick a fight.

• "Yeah, sorry, I'm just so excited! It's not often I get to meet new Pokemon, other than the cl-" Luna was quickly cut off by Pika. "Pikapi!" he interjected, shaking his head. "-hatchlings back home!" the girl finished. "Anyway, I can't wait to get more new friends, can you?" Her eyes glimmered with excitement, loving every moment of this. Pika was glad she enjoyed it so far, and Joy reciprocated her happiness.