THE DARLING FAMILY — GUIDE + CENSUS

• mnfWm4e.png

ESTABLISHED CIRCA 2013

The Darling family was founded in the spring of 2013 by Amour Darling and has since become a widespread lineage with ties to many influential creatures. In February of 2019, Petra Darling decided to take up the duty of restoring the fear and recognition that came hand in hand with the surname 'Darling'. Petra grew up during the golden era of the Sanguine Ruins, back then still called Bloodclan, and had always been surrounded by war and violence. Her family disappeared when she was young, so one of the biggest reasons she decided to step up to the plate as head of the Darling family was to re-create the bonds enforced by Amour so that she (and more importantly her children) would never be left to fend for themselves. With a network of family around oneself, Petra believes that you will have the best chance to survive and - better yet - thrive. Harking back to the start of the family, she had to re-learn the core beliefs of the family.

Petra has always been a big believer in good work ethic and PASSION, a core virtue of the Darlings. It is the motivation to be all that you can be, never settle for less than the best and never do a half-assed job regarding any task given to you. It is the pursuit of excellence in all that you do as well as altruism for your clan.

The epicenter of the family is currently the Sanguine Ruins where the current head lives. This means that the alliances held by the Ruins will effect how certain members of the family are treated. While stripping the surname from characters is not common practice, alliances held will impact how the family members interact. Members in pro-clans may also be slightly ignored or excluded as the darling family is primarily anti-clan or neutral-leaning anti. Generally speaking, Darlings will always try to keep familial bonds strong despite any political differences that may arise. However, one of the main tenants of the Darling family is LOYALTY, and dedication to your clan/group is priority.

Knowledge equals power and makes INTELLECT the third and final tenant of the Darling family. It is the achievement of knowledge and the proper utilization of it, as well as rational thinking and problem solving aptitude. It is almost akin to sinning if a member is deemed lazy, insufficient or self-indulging. It is rare to find a Darling who does not work hard to be the embodiment of all three tenants as they all play a part in success.

As far as how hierarchy operates in the Darling family, the one who takes over if the current head dies or disappears falls first to the heir. The heir is normally directly related to the head, however special cases may occur if a. the head has no offspring or b. there is another member who is far more active and contributes to the family. Any children of the current head are considered 'blue bloods' while other members, including those adopted in to the family, are simply referred to as 'members'. We'll be grandfathering in any characters who were previously adopted in to the family, however, in order to have your current character become apart of the darling family - keep an eye out for litters! I will try to keep the links updated down below!

Current Head: Petra Ipswich-Donatelli-Darling / Sanguine Ruins / PETRIFIEDKISS D.  
    Heir: Undetermined

Blue Bloods:

Crownpaw Darling-Harbringer / Sanguine Ruins / -crownpaw  

Faustus Darling-Harbringer / Sanguine Ruins / FAUSTUS D.  

Empyrean Darling-Harbringer / Sanguine Ruins / empyrean  

Bo Darling-Harbringer / Sanguine Ruins / user here

Snowangel Darling-Killjoy / Sanguine Ruins + Colouredclan / SNOWANGEL DARLING  

Firefly Darling-Killjoy / Sanguine Ruins + Colouredclan / -FIREFLY  

Romeo Darling-Deadmist / Sanguine Ruins / Romeo Darling  

Scintillation of Sun's Light Darling-Deadmist / Sanguine Ruins / SCINTILLA D.

Plaitedillusions Darling-Deadmist / Sanguine Ruins / plaitedpaw d.

Nesley Haus Darling-Deadmist / Sanguine Ruins / NESLEY  

Honeylips Darling-Deadmist / Sanguine Ruins / user here

Angeldust Darling-Deadmist / Sanguine Ruins / user here

Members:

Rosalie Darling / Sanguine Ruins / rosalie!  

Victoya Kagamine-Darling / Exiles / VICTOYA  

Cardinaldirections Darling / Sanguine Ruins / Cardinaldirections D.  

Interstellar Darling / Serein Corpse / PRAYINGMANTIS  

Lady Loki Darling / Sanguine Ruins / Ace Stark-  

Idun / Sanguine Ruins / idun.  

Megaera Darling / Blizzardclan / MEGAERA.  

Witheredreaper Darling / no alliance / Cpt. Cheshire Kasper  

Juno Darling / Sanguine Ruins / user here

Canadianflag / Sanguine Ruins / Canadianflag  

Jitterdoll Kagamine-Darling / Exiles / JITTERDOLL  

Riptide Praelium-Darling / Shadow Veil / RIPTIDE  

Astraea Harbringer-Darling-Reaver-Praelium / Exiles / ASTRAEA ;  

Bellona Moune Darling-Harbinger / Sanguine Ruins / BELLONA  

ADOPTION THREADS

Sanguine Ruins' Mass Adoption (jan 2019)

Stone x Petra (SR Leader x SR Warlord)

Crimsondreams x Incarnadine (SR Warlord x SR Second Tier)

Sanguine Ruins' Mass Adoption (april 2019)

IMPORTANT LINKS

Discord Server

Former Guide (created by Lakers)

CENSUS FORM

(use this form to get your character added up to the list!)

Once added you will get a badge made by yours truly if you desire <3

Code
    1. [b]name:[/b]
    2. [b]alliance:[/b]
    3. [b]how they are related:[/b]

the storm's here, let it in

STORAGE — ft. PETRA / LUCULLENKIT / SLOANE GALLERY

4/4 hellfire

The post was edited 17 times, last by yosemite ().

• name: rosalie darling

alliance: sanguine ruins

how they are related: rosalie's first surname when she was created was darling— as she is a demon, she doesn't have any blood relations to the darling family. (was the only name given oocly during the adoptions).

HELLO, LITTLE BOYS, LITTLE TOYS ・゚✧

we're the dreams you're believing — penned by greyjoy ❞

• name: victoya kagamine darling

alliance: the exiles

how they are related: her parents are duchess darling, former exiles & sanctum leader, and luca kagamine, son of sango and a past skyclan leader. here is their list of relations.

SWEET, SWEET, YOU'RE SO SWEET ———— ・゚✧ 」

i wanna be a wonderful girl — prev. pure / quiet storage

• tracking; I roleplayed two Darlings in the past (info below if you're interested)

• name: Cardinaldirections Darling.

alliance: Sanguine Ruins (former third tier, returning soon as a first tier).

how they are related: Son of Amour and Cataclysm.

I'd like the badge on this account, please. <3

i don't know if i can fix you, but i sure can take you apart

cardinaldirections darling | sanguine ruins first tier | amour x cataclysm | white caraval

• name: interstellar darling-praelium-praevado-simul stamus-xerses-drachen-macabre-rhodes (ik it’s a ton of surnames oof)

alliance: in the process of joining the serein copse

how they are related: blood-related to a few members of the darling family, not sure who they all are right now - full list of relations can be found here

oH and the badge can be sent to this account <3

i contend that your drinking eye has never opened

❝ I INSIST SOMEBODY WILL DIE AND I HATE HOPING ❞

PRAYINGMANTIS | THE SANCTUARY | TAGS | PENNED BY ZYACINTH

The post was edited 2 times, last by PRAYINGMANTIS ().

• ✦ ✦ ✦ tracking!

"Speech."

❝ I SEE THE FIRE IN YOUR EYES, GENTLE BLUE ❞

eight months \ practitioner student \ blackguard \ blackhearted rogues \ penned by @holmes

• THEY'RE WRITTEN DOWN FOR ALL ETERNITY

BUT YOU'LL NEVER SEE THE PRICE IT COSTS

name: crimsondreams resurgam-xenobia-targaryen-ecuador-tenebris-innocence-xerxes-harbringer-darling-praelium

how they are related: sarangerel xx sugaredsun

"Speech" "Speech"

NOW IT'S TIME TO MAKE THINGS RIGHT

( the ashes fall, we answer the call, whatever it takes )

Ace of Spades A.R.T.S. Sanguine Ruins Energetic Non-binary PLOT PENNED BY LUNA

• name: idun xenobia-tenebris-innocence-darling

how they are related: crimsondreams xx incarnadine

SHE'S STEAM LAUGHING ON THE WINDOWPANES

THE NEVER ENDING SWAYING HAZE

• name: megaera darling

alliance: ( ex bloodclan, former first tier ) currently resides in blizzardclan

how they are related: they're blood relatives, i believe! meg is the daughter of daredevil ( former bloodclan deputy ) x effie darling making amour darling her grandmother. she's actually been around since the darling family was first established back in 2013/2014 <3

i'd love the badge on this account, please c:

❝ IN THE LAND OF GODS AND MONSTERS                          

I WAS AN ANGEL, LIVING IN THE GARDEN OF EVIL. ❞

SCREWED UP, SCARED ┊ INFORMATION ┊DOING ANYTHING THAT I NEEDED