kiss with a fist -- joining

Let's Share! has (finally) launched! Our first article is a World of Tanks Guide by Enderclaw!
  • If she was being entirely honest, Nadine was mostly drunk and a little lost. The sand felt weird on her paw pads and was sclinging to her pelt. A headache was slowly creeping its way across her skull and towards her eyes, her throat burnt from dehydration and alcohol, and the metallic scent of blood was filling her nose and making her head swim more than the heat was. It smelt like every bad date and good party she had ever been on, but lurking beneath those memories was a deeper sense of nostalgia. What was it that Vivi always went on about when they could barely groom themselves? A clan of blood? Bloodclan?

There was only harm in not asking. "Vi! VIVI! Violetttttttttt. If you're here, I love you girl. Your sis misses you!" Incarnadine called out as she sauntered closer to the scent, noticing now how much it smelt like a group of people intermingled with blood. What she had said was mostly true, of course - Violet (and siblings) had been missing from her since they flew the coup as kids. She didn't really miss them, though, because that would be totally not fun, and Nadine was fun, dammit. Was she nursing some kind of illicit substance whenever she felt that loneliness kicking in? Yes. Was she still the life of the party and the one to beat in a fist-fight? Double yes.

The serval giggled at the thought, covering her maw when it devolved into hiccups. She sure hoped someone was around to appreciate her as much as she did.

"speech"

WE PRETEND THAT WE JUST DON'T CARE

( but we care )

( ✧ ) ——— ( ✧ ) ——— ( ✧ ) ——— ( ✧ )

• THEY'RE WRITTEN DOWN FOR ALL ETERNITY

BUT YOU'LL NEVER SEE THE PRICE IT COSTS

Crimsondreams fluttered about as she approached the border, she was supposed to be on patrol but honestly she was still nursing her high. A childish giggle bubbled in her throat as her little familiar looked down on the carasune with slight concern. Sure, Crim was high or drunk nearly all the time before and after her death but it had been awhile since Arukanu had been with her on a regular basis.

Still, the cry of a female intrigued her as she padded over, scanning the serval for signs of danger, although, the curious scent of alcohol reached her first. "Awwe, you're so cute Dove! Name and business please?" The vampiress slurred slightly, whiskey eyes set on Incarnadine.

"Speech." "Speech."

• The carcal was slightly taken aback by the sight of the incredibly petite figure that came towards her - they hadn't passed around anything stronger than booze at the party, had they? "Shucks, hun, you're pretty cute yourself" Nadine flashed a pearly smile that heated her cheeks impossibly warmer. It could have been the heat or the alcohol in her blood, but maybe she was just a sucker for alluring gals. Another fit of giggles washed over her before she remembered that she'd been asked something.

"Name's Incarnadine, or Nadine or Nads or whatever. I'm looking for my sister," she paused and raised her paw, catching herself before her balance (or lack thereof) got the better of her. "About yay high - speaks funny, purple eyes?" Nadine sat down firmly on the ground after miming how tall Violeta should be, not willing to tempt fate more than needed. She just needed to find Vi and maybe stick around for a bash or two. It couldn't be that hard, right?

"speech"

( but we care )

• //retro to body change

— A familiar voice jerked Violeta from the nap she had been taking under the shade of a tree at the oasis. For a moment she cast out frantically, trying to figure out its source; surely she had just imagined hearing her sister's voice. Listening with sensitive ears, she heard Crimsondreams speak, and there was that voice again she had to go right now immediately. The domestic cat picked herself up and took off across the sands, a small white cloud with a dark sash across her eyes drifting to the border where the two taller females waited.

"This one is mine." She sighed as she drew near, offering Crim a vaguely apologetic look before casting her covered eyes back towards Nadine. "Mi hermana quierda ... Nadi. What are you doing here? Have you been drinking?" The Strategist's voice dripped with concern, pointed ears pricking upwards

• Incarnadine's lips twisted into a smile at the possessive words, ears flickering as she recalled similar phrases from very different nights. She opened her maw to give a sultry reply before registering the next words spoken by the little white fluff. Mi hermana quierda. She hadn't been called that in a long time. A blink-and-you-miss-it waver of her smile fluttered across her features before Nadine could school them back into casual cool.

"Is that you, Vivi? Hey, where are your eyes at girl? Lemme see them pretty purples." Her paw was back up now, reaching towards that pesky sash of material that was so not cool. "You're smaller than I remember." Nadine's deep pink eyes narrowed skeptically, her paw hovering just a breath away from Violeta's face. It was a classic her move - misdirection, redirection, anything that pulled the attention away from her gross personal life. Ew, emotions. It helped that the booze dulled the sharpness of her anger; sober-Incarnadine might have flown into a rage at the drinking accusation, no matter how true it was.

Regardless of her sister's reaction, Nadine would laugh a little before sitting back on her haunches. "Aw, if it's you, I think I'd like to hang around a while. I guess that means I'm joining, doesn't it hun?" That earlier creeping headache was growing stronger now but she refused to wince. Incarnadine might not be the smartest or the prettiest of her siblings - what else could she do but be the coolest?

"speech"

( but we care )

The post was edited 1 time, last by .incarnadine. ().