Gear up and dice up! It’s time for an adventure.

Check out this announcement about new leadership limits in Agrelos
  • “That seems like Alkoris” The young Tiefling sighed quietly. Bursting into a fit of giggles as he teased her about her height. Lightly swatting at him playfully “you’re one to talk, you’re only just taller than me” the woman continued to laugh and smile. “You know, I’ve never met someone like you. I hope we can be friends” she admitted timidly, face bashful again. It was hard to admit, but Arashi was already very fond of the wizard and appreciated the ease that they had between each other.

Eyes lighting up in delight at learning a potential vulnerability she’d find displayed from the prickly male if she kept an eye out for it. Surrendering with another laugh as she let him pull her to the floor, sitting in front of the man and settling down expectantly. “I love books, Nadia didn’t have many. But I read the ones she had from cover to back more times than I could count, even cook books” Hoping the story he had just told her of the princess was made up as Ara grinned “how about a real happy one?” smiling as a cat wandered up to her, pulling a pillow from the couch and curling up on the floor with a small yawn. Nestling her head onto the pillow as she gazed up at the wizard. Giggling and smiling in wonder as he spoke of the memory he shared with Alkoris, not surprised by his fear, recalling that the Warlock didn’t like dogs.

Lightly petting a cat that settled with her on the floor, stretched out alongside the young woman. “How many cats do you have? Where did they come from? Who was the first one?” Unable to contain all her questions about all his four legged furry creatures. Over time as the night grew later, the young woman was clearly starting to drift off to sleep. Finally falling asleep on the floor, a peaceful smile on her lips as Sesim was in the process of another story. They had had a wonderful night of laughter and stories and silly fun and much talk of cats.

Hi, I'm a crazy Aussie!!!

We work in the dark to serve the light.
    Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

"I'm no Hitler to perfectly capturing a character." - Spirit(hey that's me!) 2/04/2016

[color=white] Insta: d.k_thompson
    Deviantart: http://dani-k-art.deviantart.com/
    "Phew for a minute there, I lost myself.."
    //Depressed
    Too busy catching pokemon and becoming a pokemon master[/color]
  • "You're right, you're right." He laughed a little at what she said about his height, giving a playful shrug in response all before starting to run a hand through his hair all the more grinning at what she said. "I've heard that said many times about me, although sometimes it not in the nicest way possible, I never really mind though, a lot of the people you will meet and I have already met may be similar to Alkoris. Quiet, cold, and solid in stone on what they will and wont do. Do try to keep an open mind though, chisel them right and their as loyal and protective as a dog. But, I suppose I haven't met someone like you very much either. Though I assure you that's not a bad thing." Sesim purred softly, smiling gleefully as the tiefling began to practically rest on his floor, which he didn't seem to mind very much, if at all. "But I do hope we become close friends, I like people who can still have a little joy in their faces, even after bad things, it's important."

However, he seemed to perk up even more as she began to ask about his cats, and, forcing himself to sit still, he carefully cradled the cat's face that was in his lap between his hands. "Ah yes, I only have the four, though Qen said I shouldn't get anymore otherwise the cat hair would become ten times worse then it is now. The first one I got as soon as I moved out from my family, you probably saw her walking around for food, Ms. Lady Tubbman the Fourth." He gave a soft shrug paired with a laugh, crossing his arms with a huff. "I'm going to be honest, I'm pretty sure I was either very intoxicated with either alcohol or something I smoked when I came up with that. But it stuck, then came Ham, then Mc Mischievous, and now the youngest of the bunch who Qen named Whiskey. A strange name, but not as strange as Lady Tubbman the Fourth I'm sure." He chuckled, all before also curling up on the floor, carefully telling stories of his cats as she began to drift asleep, as soon as she did, he gave a soft smile before standing up, putting out the pipe and getting Alkoris.

Most of the night they had spent catching up softly in Elvish in Sesim's room, usually quite a bit of laughter from the wizard filling the area upstairs, though Alkoris seemed to laugh decently loud a few times himself. About halfway through their conversation Alkoris went back downstairs and carefully picked up the tiefling, carrying her up to the spare room the next level up as carefully and gently as possible in an attempt not to wake her up. The talking between the warlock and Sesim continued for a little while long until the wizard was practically asleep sitting straight up.

By the time morning rolled around, Alkoris worked his way back upstairs. His hair was still in the braid he usually had it tied back in before night, and nearly uneasily, he gave a decently loud knock on her door, and, hoping that it would have woken her up if she was sleep, came closer to the door to speak. "I'm sorry to wake you up, but Sesim is going to throw a fit if you're not there for breakfast, and it would probably be in our best interest to leave as early as possible." He sighed, waiting outside the door to see if he needed to go in.

• Words echoed through Ara’s head as she slept on the floor, some Sesim’s encircling her dreams like a cat, others were the words spoken by Alkoris or Nadia. Laughter breaking through at some stage as she completely plummeted into the black clutches of a tailless dream. Searing pain hitting her back making the young woman curl into a tighter ball as her subconscious willed light to overpower the dark, much like her spirit did. Remising of the stories she had fallen asleep to and the fluffy cats she had learned the names of.

Stirring slightly as she felt herself be picked up, letting out a slight whimper as drowsy and sleep glazed eyes met Alkoris’. Still clearly asleep as a ghost of a smile touched her lips and her small body untensed, eyes flickering closed again with an incoherent mumble. Sweet dreams and a general tingling warmth filled the rest of the Tiefling’s sleep. Only stirring the next morning with shards of memories, vaguely remembering stories that were told to her when half asleep and snippets of the knowledge that she had been carried to bed.

A knock interrupted Ara’s thoughts of the night before and how she had ended up in a bed. Slowly getting up with a slight grumble and stretching from the slight stiffness that sleeping on the floor for most of the night provided. The Tiefling dusted down her crumpled clothes that she had slept in, subconsciously reaching for her scarf and cloak but stopping as she realised she had left them downstairs and was safe in Sesim’s home.

By now the young woman had reached the door, opening it and staring up at Alkoris “good morning, did you get any sleep at all?” face changing from a delighted smile to one tinged with compassionate concern. Laughing at his words about the antsy wizard “we better not keep him waiting then!” brightening up and bounding past the male, bursting into the kitchen “morning!!” The tiefling greeted Sesim, clearly bright eyed and bushy tailed even in the morning.

"I'm no Hitler to perfectly capturing a character." - Spirit(hey that's me!) 2/04/2016

//Depressed
  • Seeming to relax at how happy she seemed, Alkoris reached back to untie the braid and carefully listened to her question. "I got enough to function, I just had to catch up with Sesim a little bit." He mentioned briefly, even though the 'little bit of catching up' was really making sure everything was still going okay considering that he hadn't seen the man in nearly a year and a half. Following her down the stairs, though not as excited as her, managed to keep pace and walk in the kitchen with her. Sesim was currently cutting more fruit into a bowl, trying to make sure he had a different variety, this one mostly including apples and pears and the rest of his oranges he had, which where already peeled and added in.

"Good morning!" He chirped, he had slightly darker bags under his eyes, but none of his energy or chipper was gone. He had gone plenty of nights without sleep, and Alkoris seemed overall extremely unaffected by the lack of rest so the wizard didn't worry about him. Gesturing over them over to the table, he placed the bowl down and sat down. Each chair seemed to be from a completely different set, each one he had Alkoris dig out of storage because he only had two up there, one for himself and one for Ham, who liked to join him at the table the rare times Sesim sat at it for meals. Currently, the table was covered in a few platters of cut bread and cheese, there was a few cold cut meats in the mix, something he had gone to go get earlier, but other then that there was a piece of cooked meat for everyone as well.

“I hope you slept well, I had almost completely forgotten that you had fallen asleep on my floor until Alkoris went to go get you.” He admitted a little nervously, but overall amused as he sat down at the table and dished out what he wanted on a plate. As the others filed down, he looked back over the tiefling with an overestatic grin with the news he wanted to share, quickly running a hand through knotted hair."Also,Alkoris and I where talking, I have a few people that are in the area of where you guys are going that may be willing to help with spells. I already wrote a letter this morning to a man I know.” Sesim began, though Alkoris quickly looked over. “You chose someone?” He asked out of slight surprise.

“Are you interested in that? I gave them a heads up, but I didn’t send them anything finalized.” The wizard seemed to mostly ignore what the warlock had said, instead smiling at the color pointed cat that jumped up on the open seat.

The post was edited 2 times, last by Knox ().

• Gentle bump, I hope everything is going okay! I understand life being super busy, I was just mostly curious if you where still interested in continuing, I totally get if everything is too chaotic :).

• OOC heya! You're all good, yes so busy and had a rough phase of poor timing of events that a recently lost loved one just was a very very noticeable void. It very much threw my muse out of the window. Definitely keen on continuing, just will be a tad sporadic, uni just started too :)

IC

The tiefling narrowed her eyes, tilting her head slightly. Clearly Ara was not convinced by his words, though kept her lips pursed and spoke nothing of the thoughts in her mind. Not questioning Alkoris as they wandered into the kitchen. Smile only widening at the sight of the wizard and the oranges, it seemed her warlock companion was to be spoiled with the delicacy. Feeling bad for knowing they would have to leave soon, she hoped the wizard wouldn’t grow too lonely, definitely the Tiefling would visit and pass through when she could.

Following his gesture and pulling a chair out to sit in as she carefully clasped her hands together and rested them on the table. “It looks delicious!” Praising the breakfast laid out before her on the table, certainly it seemed one would never go hungry when in the hospitality of Sesim. Laughing at the sheepish wizard, though unable to help the look of surprise that she glanced towards the half elf when Sesim explained who had carried her to bed. Unsure if perhaps she should be the one apologising for falling asleep in such a haphazard place.

“I did sleep well” she assured “I’m sorry for falling asleep, I guess the day too more out of me than I realised” eyebrows raising in surprise. For a moment caught of guard at the prospect of a mentor. What if she was no good? What and who was this person? She had a mission to attend to? And she wasn’t prepared to leave Alkoris who had saved her and taken care of her with the request of her assistance.

“I uhm..” absently plucking at an orange as she traced the side of the peel lightly with her winger, investigating the texture. “I would be interested. But only when this mission is done and if there’s nothing else to do” she hesitated nervously “i-if that is alright?” now biting into the orange. Eyes growing wide and face showing sheer shock at the citrus flavours that flooded her mouth. Perhaps she had dove in off the deep end a little too quickly, her bite certainly wasn’t the toe dipping type it should have been. Juice running down her chin as she recovered and swallowed, blushing brightly at the clear defeat she had endured on her bold first bite. Taking a tentative second one as the initial bite gave away to the sweeter tones of the fruit. Smile lacing her lips now in delight and understanding as she wiped her chin lightly with the back of her hand, placing the peel down once she had stripped it clean of the odd fruit inside.

Now filling her plate with the other food, finding her tongue still tingling from the acidic power of the fruit she had just eaten. What a peculiar thing it was. No wonder Alkoris liked it, it suited the male in a sense. He certainly turned sour if one was too bold in their approach. Smiling to herself, but truly he was sweet.

//Depressed
  • (I am so sorry to hear that, I hope you feel better soon, that's a very hard thing to get over. I completely understand, and take all the time you need, but I am very glad you're back. I get being busy with classes and such things too, don't stress about it!

Also, I was wondering, lately, I've been focusing on a lot of dnd art and requests and I would love to draw Ara! she's such an interesting and cute character I would really like to try. Lately, I've been focusing on character tarot cards, so if you want to choose one that you think describes Ara I would love to do one of those! If not, I would love to just draw her, though I was just curious as to what her horns looked like (as in what kind of animal if any, I have a pretty good idea I just didn't know if they where smooth, or anything). I also did a sketch for Alkoris, but I'm kind of debating on how much I like it.)

"No need to apologize." Sesim assured, grinning and taking some of the food on his plate and scooting it over to the cat who was sitting in the unoccupied chair. "I don't blame you for falling asleep on my floor either, I do it all the time." The wizard began to eat after that, Alkoris starting a much slower place, though the half elf's eyes widened a little by her biting into the orange which caused a light hearted chuckle to move out of slightly parted lips. Though the black haired man said nothing on the matter afterwords, quieting himself as to not embarrass her further, even if it was amusing to see her try an orange for the first time. Taking one of his own, and pushing the third one over to her seeing that she ate the rest of her first one he turned his attention back to Sesim.

The shorter male was studying the female, shrugging lightly, though his usual soft smile still played at his face. "Of course, I was mostly planning on having someone close by meeting you at the town you guys would be heading to to look for the caravan and travel with you two for a few days." He mentioned, though the wizard tried to word everything he said carefully, not wanting to freak her out. The thought of tackling new magic was often a scary prospect to many, and if she wanted to finish what he had assigned, she would be welcome too. Suddenly clearing his throat and jumping up, Sesim walked out of the room for a brief moment and came back with a small stack of around three books, and on top two small, leather bags. He quietly placed them on the table, interlacing his fingers and placing back on the table to smile over at the tielfing. "I got a few books with some stories for you Arashi, and, because I almost forgot, here." He gave a grin, handing them each a bag, something Alkoris didn't look into and instead looped around his belt instead. "It's one hundred gold pieces each, I'll pay you both the rest when you get back." He mentioned, and once he finished eating, he gently picked up his plate, Alkoris doing the same and making a neat stack in the kitchen.

Brushing his hands off, the warlock let his hair down and instead did a delicate side braid that had enough loose strands to cover the unsightly part of his face though managed to keep some of it's neatness. "Thank you Sesim, I'm glad I was able to catch up with you, we'll try our best to find out what happened. Are you ready?" At the last part of his sentence, Alkoris looked over at Ara with a slight tilt of his head, though not really wanting to leave the wizard so abruptly, any amount of lost daylight was never good when you where on a job, close friend or not.

(Also apologies for my dried up muse)

• Ooc I’m back!! Oh mah gosh I am back~ been missing our characters and their story. Ooooh I am sooooo honoured I would be so happy if you drew Ara(however if you place her name on it, may I please ask her actual dnd name to be used? Because I may show her fan art to my campaign haha. Her true name is Delilah Hatcher. I just wanted to keep my story and campaign a little seperate with different names). The tarot card sounds fascinating!! I’m actually so intrigued!! Her horns are small in size, the protrude through her hair and do not start at her forehead. Have you seen critical role? Think jester if you have. Her horns start about mid head and curl backwards almost like laid back ears however hers don’t curl around back towards her ears. They instead curl upwards again a little like a wave or a sideways ‘s’ I can find a picture if you need. They’re divided into three sections which are slightly indented. Also I MUST see your drawing of alkoris please!! Should I ever like my own drawings of Arashi/Delilah. I will show you. I did do a sketch of a different tiefling character of mine recently who is a wizard child and companion to an orc(she rides on his shoulder and he helps her reach the top shelves of libraries she can’t reach and she patches him up) but now the drawing looks more like Delilah/Ara haha. I also am about to start a Tabaxi rogue monk! I also just bought my first dice set!!!

Ic

Shyly the young tiefling eyed the orange as it was placed in front of her, smiling slightly as she broke the final orange in half and returned half to Alkoris. Hoping it would be accepted as the silent gratitude and apology for her bold move the night before. Truth be told, she was unsure of her feelings for the man. All Ara knew, was that she had never felt so comfortable around another, well other than Sesim now. But still, she found herself wanting to remain loyally the grumpier man’s companion.

Now grinning as she listened to the wizard “that sounds perfect” clearly assured that her only just beginning adventure wouldn’t be cut short. Eyes alight at the mention of stories, recalling that she could perhaps convince Alkoris to let her read to him. Continuing to munch on her food in content, not taking for granted that for the first time in her life, she had people to eat with her, at a table, with a vast meal. People as strange and wonderful at herself. It was a true feeling of content, a joy that would remain long after they left.

However, as the money bag was placed. Her eyes widened. Looking frightened and confused “b-but surely I-I can’t possibly?” Protesting. Never knowing such kind of fortune. Even if it may seem small. “Th-there’s more?” Glancing towards Alkoris as if seeking confirmation from him that it was okay. Helping to clean up the table as she dusted down herself, nodding silently to Alkoris as she placed her coin pouch on her hip ever do tentatively. Now gazing up as Sesim as she practically did a little leap. Enveloping the wizard in a tight hug, wanting to speak all the words of gratitude for his hospitality and for meeting the man, the food and the stories and the gifts, the arranged mentors and the night talks. But no words would be enough ever. At last stepping back “I’m sure we’ll see you again soon” she spoke as she let her hands fall into his, squeezing them as one final act of contact before she finally let her hands fall away.

Finally stepping back to be alongside Alkoris, offering him a grin and a nod. “Let’s go! Onward!” She giggled. Pointing out a comical finger forwards towards the door. Lightly tugging on Alkoris’ sleeve as she strode forward. They would definitely get to the bottom of this.

//Depressed
  • (Wow I guess it my was my turn to be busy! Not to fear though, I'm back to stay. And sounds good! Now that I have free time, I'll get started right away! If you'd like a tarot card, just look up a list of the tarot cards and their meanings and choose one that most matches her. I'm starting another drawing of Alkoris that'll hopefully be better, and I totally get having two different names, it for sure makes everything easier. I do have an Instagram with his drawing/tarot card, but that would mean having to look at the rest of my art (Most of which is weird because I'm mainly surrealist), so that's up to you! If not I'm sure I can get it on here once I have a newer drawing.)

Giving a slight nod to her for the orange, Alkoris ate in silence, watching the slight movement in Sesim's thoughtful face, before eventually giving a slightly raised eyebrow at her reaction to the money. At this point, jobs like this tended to desensitize him about getting bags and at least half your payment before you actually go on your quest in case you die, or run off with it. This amount wasn't especially unusual for more important jobs like this, especially from the wizard, who never really seemed to do much with the amount of money he had accumulated other then buy things for his cats.

However, Alkoris couldn't help but find it slightly refreshing to see reactions such as Ara's, her innocence and overall optimism was a very nice contrast to the people he was used to. He found that it was for similar reasons Sesim had become his friend. Though the curly haired man seemed to have boundless energy much more exhausting then the Tiefling's. "There's likely plenty more, if it's coming from Sesim." Clearing off his own set of things from the table, the half elf let a small, amused smile raise his lips slightly, all before making sure he had everything in order and nothing was forgotten that they needed. Throwing his own pack on his back, weighted down by the new books and maps and gifts the other man had thrown at him, Alkoris gave a respectful distance from the two as they said their goodbyes.

Giving a tight hug in return to the one he was granted, the wizard seemed just as happy to see them go as he did to see them arrive, though some sort of worry, or sadness sat hardened in his gaze. "Of course my dear. Please be safe and watch over Alkoris, would you?" He chuckled slightly, drawing in a slight breath "He tends to get into a lot of trouble with new partners. Just, don't get hurt. I will let you know if I get any word of your story, I'll dig around in current news as well, just to make sure." He assured carefully, taking his now free hands once she dropped them and placing them on either side of her face, giving a light kiss on her forehead with a grin before turning to Alkoris.

"Don't think you can escape my goodbye, my bhaalist. You have to say goodbye as well. Make sure nothing happens to her, alright? I'll see you both soon, I'm positive" Sesim said sternly, even though he had basically said the same thing to Ara, walking over and watching as the taller man bent slightly so he could also press a fleeting kiss on the half elf's forehead as well before pulling back, giving a slight wave. "You know where to send anything if something happens, safe travels!" His last words where a chirp as Alkoris gave a nod to the young woman, signaling their readiness to for departure.

As soon as they where outside, gentle gestures signaled for Ara to follow him around the corner where a small set of stables where, each stall filled with a horse, a place he and Sesim had moved them to avoid the heat and get some water and food during the night. As soon as they got there, though it was quick, Alkoris gave a light pet to an older looking stallion with a spotted pelt, which eyed them with hopes for treats. Leading his own horse out, he put everything in their respective saddle bag, keeping out one map which he managed to fit on his belt before mounting, glancing back at her. "We'll figure out what happened, I'm hoping more venturing will actually lead us to finding out your part of the mystery to who killed your friend." He promised, glancing back to make sure she was ready before starting to ride.