Gear up and dice up! It’s time for an adventure.

Let's Share! has (finally) launched! Our first article is a World of Tanks Guide by Enderclaw!
  • Arashi filed away the new information she had received on Alkoris with a smile. Enjoying the new and simple facts, simply because she appreciated things like that, there was no need for things to always be the doom and gloom in life. “I have a scar on my lower back” she murmured absently “though I don’t know why” Nadia said she had been cut there when the woman had found the Tiefling. Scrunching up her nose at the thought of alcohol, yes the young woman wasn’t a fan of it either, it smelt bad and made people even more volatile and unpredictable.

“He is good at hair, I wish I was that good” easily agreeing with that statement, it was something she had observed herself. Nodding and taking Sesim’s words to heart, already the young Tiefling had warmed up to him, clearly more relaxed around the wizard. Arashi hoped they would be friends, just having a good feeling about the man and his openness. Hoping potentially that this was someone she could always talk to and turn to. Unable to help herself as his laughter appeared infectious, being around the wizard felt easy. Eagerly taking the books from him “I can borrow these? Thank you! I love reading” it showed in her brilliant green eyes that there was sheer gratitude in them, realising the effort Sesim had gone to for her. “It’ll be nice not to set fire to random people and things” Arashi giggled.

However, after her strained words of truth. All she could do was gaze down at the hand in his, words washing over her damaged soul and pride. Perhaps he wasn’t a healer by magic abilities, but his words certainly held a power to them that put the young woman on a path of mending. Stepping forward with a slight hesitation before giving in to hug the man with her free arm for a moment, closing her eyes. No one had ever spoken to her like that, Nadia had the heart to try and say such words but had never known how to drive them home like the wizard did. Arashi believed this was likely because he understood on a level that Nadia didn’t. She pulled back and surrendered to the loose strand being tucked behind her ear “thank you” words murmured as she watched him leave. Looking down at the books she hugged to her chest.

Face only lighting up even more as Alkoris entered the room, walking up to the man and not replying as she lightly bopped him on the top of the head playfully with one of the books. No intent to hurt him present in the action “that’s for talking about me in elvish so I wouldn’t understand” the Tiefling teased the male playfully. Sitting alongside the warlock, a slight frown on her lips now “are you in pain?” she fretted quietly “I could use you as a test rat? See if I can ease the swelling?” she offered, joke in her tone tinged with genuine concern and compassion. Clearly she wanted to help him if he was in any discomfort. There was no point in beating around the bush.

OOC sorry I haven’t been around much today! I made a mini campaign for my partner for valentine’s day since we’re long distance haha. A quest of love and all things cringe.

Hi, I'm a crazy Aussie!!!

We work in the dark to serve the light.
    Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

"I'm no Hitler to perfectly capturing a character." - Spirit(hey that's me!) 2/04/2016

[color=white] Insta: d.k_thompson
    Deviantart: http://dani-k-art.deviantart.com/
    "Phew for a minute there, I lost myself.."
    //Depressed
    Too busy catching pokemon and becoming a pokemon master[/color]
  • Sesim, as he turned the corner gave a wink towards the female as Alkoris's back was turned, before pointing to his hair, glancing at the warlock and vanishing into the other room. The darker haired male didn't seem to mind or notice the movement behind him, only truly focusing over at Arashi with a questioning look as she gave a playful attack from the book. He gave a slight oh of recognition afterwords by her words, however and gently turned his attention back to one of the cats, which was eagerly tearing at a feather on the carpet. "Is this about me telling him about your magic without you knowing? I apologize, I wouldn't think you would have minded considering I was going to bring it up later anyways. I almost forgot you don't know elvish, that's usually what Sesim and I talk in to each other." Seemingly tired, the once solid voice had a slight drag to it, driven by distraction or exhaustion as he continued staring at the feline.

"It's seem everything went well, at the very least from what I saw. Which I guess brings us to our next topic. If you hand me your map I'll write down all the paths that can you lead you to this kingdom's capital. I figure if anything should happen to me while we travel together, you should come straight back here. Sesim will take care of you until you know what you're doing next." Looking at her from the corner of his eye for only a moment, Alkoris carefully tightened the long pony tail tied closely to the back of his head. He had seen the last brief moments of conversation, no words, but his eyes did snag lightly onto the hug they had given each other. It gave a sense of relief, really. The warlock tended to find Sesim rather exhausting, but he supposed he had never met someone who meant well so much, and was glad to see it must have somehow eased some of Arashi's worry or questions.

However, at the mention of his face he gave a light shrug. "It's less pain and more just general discomfort, sometimes the skin pulls weird against the scars, they're a little rigid considering. It happens more when I talk more then usual, or sometimes it happens kind of randomly. Maybe my God is mad at me today." Now seeming to be able to make eye contact with her he gave a gentle nod, making sure none of his hair got in the way as he turned the side of his face to her. "But feel free, I figure if you accidentally catch me on fire and only manage to get this side of my face there's no real harm done, it's not like it can look much worse." Now managing to still catch her eye even though he was practically profile to her, he raised an eyebrow. "Did you find out anything useful?"

(That's perfectly fine, don't worry about it! I was doing similar things today (sadly not about dnd though) which is why my response is a little late and a little rushed but I'm back on board!)

The post was edited 1 time, last by Knox ().

• He seemed so world weary, almost wanting to reach out and comfort the male. Never had the Tiefling felt such empathy and compassion, then again he had felt different from the start she supposed. Unfurling the map, though not particularly liking his reasoning, it wasn’t like the Tiefling would leave him willingly if something did happen to Alkoris. Nodding as he spoke and guided his way around the map as she marked various routes, paths and towns and jotted down small notes where needed.

Blinking in bewilderment as he mentioned his god “you follow a god? Why would a god cause you pain and discomfort on your scarring?” the woman tilted her head slightly. Though her confused expression eased as he granted her permission, his words making her face twist into a smile as he received another bop on the head “I’d watch it sir” she teased him gently “you still don’t know what I’m capable of, I wouldn’t make that a challenge” the young woman mocked.

Raising a hand to rest on his cheek ever so lightly, free hand leafing through the book that laid open on her lap. Flicking to each dog eared section of healing as she scanned over the words and spells. A thoughtful smile danced over her face “ah, this one is a minor healing spell that sooths wounds. I’m sure it would be good for scars and aggravated past injuries” Mainly mumbling to herself.

Looking up at the man once again with a smile “okay, lets give this a try” closing her eyes as her hand began to glow lightly, the light seeming to seep into his skin warm and gentle. Like a sun’s ray softly kissing his skin. Focusing on calming the swelling and redness, hoping the pain and tight feeling would ebb away.

Finally the Tiefling let her hand fall away “how does that feel?” She asked, looking proud of herself “not a spark or flame in sight, I’d consider you a lucky man” teasing him once again. It felt nice for the Tiefling to find herself relaxed and at ease, no hoods or scarves or fear.

OOC ooh nice! Its such a dumb day but it was fun to mock it through a campaign and slay some stuff.

"I'm no Hitler to perfectly capturing a character." - Spirit(hey that's me!) 2/04/2016

//Depressed
  • "Technically, the scarring is the sign of our pact, so if he's going to show his displeasure in anyway it would seem fitting to mess with that. But even besides all that, I try to say that I don't 'follow' anything, I at least don't listen very well." Though not reacting very visually as she touched his face, his shoulders tensed just enough to see the slight movement of muscles pulling up tightly. There was a slight burn to it, which wasn't surprising, and at even the light touch he could feel how the skin had swelled from the irritation. It was what he was used to when it happened, which really didn't help the overall appearance of it, as if it didn't look bad enough already, though he could never get a pattern down, or really understand why it did some of the stuff it did. The deep black lines where horrible enough on his face without them burning.

However, it did make it feel all the better when it began to heal, the smooth warmth feeling rather nice across his face. Closing his eyes slightly as she cast it, he forced himself to breath in heavily, relaxing as he breathed out and she finished with what she had been doing. Now putting his hand to it, tracing some of the the thinner lines briefly he moved it down the maze of the dark scare tissue. "That feels much better, thank you." He mentioned, reopening his eyes fully and blinking them a few times as if to adjust back, the once slight shutness the left one had seemingly now cleared up and was opening all the way, that was always the most annoying part considering it made it hard to focus past everything with one slightly.

"I see Sesim let you borrow some books, how many did you take?" He asked, forcing himself to sound a little more peppy compared to his last few sentences. "I'm not really surprised, and if you need, I'd be willing to carry them. Sesim's books are always made out a lot of a paper and a lot of leather and usually the strings and everything else that are weaved into them can grow to be quiet heavy depending on how many you're carrying." Reaching over, Alkoris snagged one of the other books to skim through it, seeing much of what it was about. "Is this all he gave you? As much as I love learning random facts I'm a little disappointed at Sesim that he didn't give you at least one book that actually contains a good story in it. He did that with me lots of times."

(I would much rather be doing that to be honest.)

• IC

“A pact?” Arashi mumbled, feeling her head spin in confusion. “Why on earth would you make a pact with someone who would do this to you?” she frowned sadly however laughed at his listening comment “no, I don’t think you do” she poked him fondly. “You’re most welcome” The tiefling beamed at the warlock “I’m happy to do it anytime, feel free to ask. It’s the least I can do, you’ve taken wonderful care of me” Arashi was a firm believer of this, interactions with people went both ways and though she may not always be able to repay the man financially, she was always ready to repay him in any other way she could. Be it in kindness, companionship, physical care and many other ways.

Smiling and sliding the books over to the man “they’re so beautiful, there’s one on Tiefling’s here too!” She exclaimed. “Though I found this chapter confusing. It says Tiefling’s have a tail?” She mumbled quietly, peering over his arm to gaze at the book he had open and listening to his words. “You’re too kind, thank you. I might take you up on that. I was struggling to carry them all” Arashi admitted sheepishly. “He gave me four, stories? That would be nice. Maybe you can tell me a few? I think four books is likely heavy enough. I can’t make you carry a whole library!!” Arashi burst into laughter, with a shake of her head. “Silly man” were the simple words she huffed at Alkoris.

“Oh I guess I should check if Sesim needs a hand!” Realising that she should have offered, Nadia had always raised her to offer her help whenever someone was catering them. Leaving the books with Alkoris as she once more lightly bopped him on the head for the charm of a third time and hurrying out of the room the way that Sesim had gone. Stepping lightly into the kitchen “hey! Need a hand, I’d like to think I’ve got a knack for food prep and I’m no stranger to a clean up aftermath”

OOC

what did you get up to? Haha I couldn’t have been that bad!

//Depressed
  • "Because I was stupid." Alkoris immediately went quiet after he said this, he had almost opened his mouth and told her, but instead found himself falling into doing nothing about it, only running a soft hand over the scars, all before rubbing his face a few times and giving a small, mostly closed mouth yawn. He gave a small, soft smile, a curve hardly over his mouth by what she said and leaned back slightly, trying to find a place on the couch that didn't have about a gallon of cat hair on it. "That's good, I've gotten some pretty good scrapes in my life. Clerics, or people who know how to heal are always essential to a successful, long living traveler." He mentioned, skimming through the book until coming across the page that she was talking about.

He read it for just a moment, rather speedily going over the text and the small drawing of a tielfing's tail, how long and wide they usually where according to body type and height. Frowning slightly, he nodded in agreement. "Most of the tieflings I've met or seen have always had tails. Except for you, I found it curious, but I didn't dig too deep in." He mentioned, closing the book and adding it to his own pile that he was planning on packing in his bag. He didn't want to suggest anything that could have happened that would have caused her to not have one, he had always just tried to chalk it up to the fact that she could have been a different subspecies or something of the sort, though of course he had only seen one type of tieflings. Those with tails. "Seems like a question for our friend the wizard more then me." With a sigh, he looked at the next one she had been given, running his fingertips over the top of the page to enjoy feeling the paper.

Suddenly looking back over at what she said he gave a heavy sigh. "I'm not good at telling stories, that's more of Sesim's job. I'm convinced that if he wasn't a wizard, that man would have been a bard for sure. If you ask, he may also have smaller books that aren't as big with things that aren't spells. Or about spellcasters." He mentioned, and while he knew she meant telling them more over their trip, he said nothing of it. He never liked telling stories, he never had good flow with them or good building up. He always forget details, or when he didn't, still couldn't make them especially interesting, though he blamed that on his rather flat tone of voice. He enjoyed reading them more, though he hadn't found a good enough one to actually enjoy especially very recently.

As he continued reading, he gave a nod to the female, gesturing her over to the hallway, though he stayed put, continuing to look over the book about clerics, willing to let her leave to visit Sesim. They wouldn't be here for very much longer, unless the female wanted to stay the night, he was willing to keep moving, and that meant leaving the wizard all together until they where done with their job, which could take a rather unknown amount of time. Hopefully no longer then a few weeks.

As the tiefling walked in, Sesim was busy pouring over something cooking in a pot, as well as some meat in a pan next to it. The wood burning stove was rather large, and unlike the rest of the extremely put together and rather neat looking house, (despite all the weird tastes of style and mismatching furniture) the kitchen was messy. An ungodly amount of spices and herbs were on one side of the counter and there where some bowls scattered across as well, each filled with different mixtures of some of them. As she walked in, despite the sizzling sounds, Sesim quickly looked up. At this point of time, a strangely burning thing sat between his lips. It smoked rather profusely, and caused the air to smell of the cooking food as well as some kind of overly sweet fruit smell. Taking the pipe from his mouth, he nodded a little, stepping back from the stove and instead moving over to a basket of fruits. "You're more then welcome to help if you want. Thank you." He said rather enthusiastically, moving himself over to a drawer where he pulled out a rather sharp looking knife and began to cut the fruit ups in neat, separate piles. "I never would have guessed you knew how to cook, but the more I think about it, the more it makes sense. Who taught you?"

(Nothing super exciting, we saw a movie, but I'm not a big fan of movies in general. Besides, playing even one shots are really fun in dnd, even joking ones.)

• The woman looked around her at the chaos, not saying anything. Just grinning and shaking her head at the silly wizard. Stepping around him as she investigated the spices that cluttered his bench top. Busying herself with tying up her hair and humming softly to herself. Hips swaying as she danced slightly with a grin, twirling as she took a small pinch of a spice she recognised after she tasted the meal. Listening to the wizard “Nadia taught me. She was the best” smiling as she recalled her days with the woman.

“She let me work in the kitchen with her and taught me everything I know, I was always safe and out of the way and I really found my love for cooking” continuing now to hum and dance slightly as the two continued to prepare the meal together. Smiling to herself as she pulled it from the heat once it was done. Helping Sesim to serve up the food and prepare it on plates. “It smells and looks delicious!” The tiefling exclaimed as she carried in hers and Alkoris’ serve “I can clean up after we’ve eaten?” Arashi offered brightly as she settled next to the warlock warmly. Playfully pinching the book that he had his nose in and replacing it with the meal. “Eat up”

Closing her eyes with the first bite in appreciation “mmm!” The young woman mumbled. Making swift work of her plate of food with a content sigh once she had finished. For now the young woman didn’t ask about her absence of a tail, somewhat fearing what an answer could be.

Ooc ah, movies aren’t bad! Alita battle angel looks like it’s going to be alright.

//Depressed
  • Sesim gave a gentle nod, finishing cutting the fruit and placing it in a bowl, before reaching over and putting a singular orange. On top. As he gathered the plates one handedly as he smoked with the other, holding the pipe tightly between two fingers. “Cooking is a guilty pleasure of mine, so is smoking I suppose.” He chuckled, gesturing the smoke upwards as it filtered up the ceiling. Serving out the dishes expertly with one hand, he easily switched between the two and did the same.

Stepping out with the fruit and his own plate, biting the pipe tightly between his teeth as he walked out. He made no move to make anyone go into where the actual table was. Instead, he let the two sit on the couch, instead sitting across from them on the floor with the same coffee table that he had laid the large map out. As soon as he set down the bowl, he cupped the orange in a hand and handed it over to Alkoris, who very suddenly smiled and took it, using the fruit to replace the book that had been stolen out of his hands.

Suddenly giving a hearty laugh as soon as the woman spoke, Sesim looked over quickly. “Oh heavens no, not by yourself. What kind of host would I be if I made you clean up? You can help if you'd like though.” He asked, having put out whatever he had been smoking and starting to eat, eagerly agreeing with Arashi about the food and brushing his hair back behind his ear. Alkoris, however stayed quiet, moving onto the orange first and peeling it easily with long nails, before eating the flesh of the fruit slowly. Sesim seemed amused by this, but managed to keep his mouth shut, instead looking back up to the tiefling. “Did you glance through any of the books yet? Find anything interesting?” He asked, his brain never really liking any quiet gaps in conversations, even though he knew there hadn’t been very long since he gave her those books, but it was just that empty air that was bothering him. As he finished, he began to stack the dishes, taking Alkoris’s and reaching out for hers.

(That’s kind of ironic because that’s actually the movie we saw! Some theaters sold early showings of it. Also apologies for rushing this post, I just wanted to get something out. )

• OOC I’m sorry, I have a little bit of low muse the last few days. Oh hey! Awesome!! What did you think of it? I think its just come out for me too!

IC

Eying the orange curiously, Arashi had never tried an orange, the sweet citrus smell hitting her senses. Though wisely she continued to eat her food, he seemed to be loving every bite of the fruit which caused a soft smile to twitch at her features. Nodding warmly as Sesim spoke, happy to help however she could.

Surprised by the man’s question “oh uh, I haven’t really had the chance to read much. But uhm I guess I found it odd that many other Tieflings had tails. I guess I’m even a failure at being a Tiefling” she half joked the last part. Though her eyes showed a little concern and disheartenment. Shaking it off as she gently took the bowls from the wizard’s hands.

Walking into the kitchen and busying herself with starting to run the water and stack the dishes that were used. Absently touching her lower back where she recalled the ugly jiggered scar that resided there. Flinching as dark visions scattered over her vision, stealing away her eyesight for the briefest heart beat. Arashi shook the darkness away as she willed her hands to start the motions and actions she needed perform.

Reflecting on what she had learned about Alkoris, desperate to know more about this god and the scar. She knew in time he may tell her. For now the best she could do was stick with the male and assist him however she could, craving nothing more than to talk to Nadia. And if she saw that god of his she’d have a thing or two to tell him, that was for certain.

//Depressed
  • Walking in shortly after her, Sesim began handing her the dishes to wash, listening to what she said as he put the spices away in their separate cupboards and organizing them with ease. "I noticed that as well, but there is a certain extent to what I will pry through. Surprising, I know, I just supposed you had known why." He sighed, before reaching out to pet one of the cats that had jumped on the counter to get attention. He made a soft noise, picking it up and doing a light spin with it in his arms. Now taking one of the pots she had yet to wash, he put it back with, taking out a completely different set of ingredients and starting to mix them together. Throughout this process, he carefully gathered information, and once the strange mixture was finished, he quietly picked up four clean bowls from the ground.

At this point, the three cats eagerly gathered at the feet, soon joined another cat that hadn't been downstairs, tawny and older looking. Each one seemed to rub excitedly at his legs, as he dished out each mix and began to put them out. Each bowl had a separate name on them according to the cat. Walking over to the sink and reaching over he gave her a look as he washed his hands before seemingly taking her place. "Do you have any balance issues, are you especially clumsy?" He started with these two question first, all before he suddenly reached out his hand. "Didn't you say you had an unknown scar on your lower back? Lead my hand to it, you don't have to worry about me doing anything bad, I assure you." There was some strange tint at the last of his sentence, as he instead glanced towards the hallway and yelled out Alkoris's name, in which there was a alight grumble in elvish before a slightly annoyed half elf joined them in the room. "Come here, I need to see something." He purred, still giving an expectant look towards Arashi and then his hand, which he still held out. He was afraid of telling her what she was likely already expecting. If she refused then he would let her without much of fight, as much as he liked to learn about overall strangeness.

As soon as the dark haired man got closer he reached out and carefully pressed his hand near the middle of Alkoris's spine and then stopped, eyes all for Arashi now to help with his strange experiment.

(That's perfectly fine! I get it, and the movie as alright, it was amazingly beautiful with all the cgi and the robots and such. However, some of the characters for me where a tiny bit lacking but I'm super judgey with movies so don't listen to me XD)

• OOC hahaha I half think this wizard should be a rouge XD Also I don’t think that’s a bad thing, my entire uni course is about being a misery guts and turning my nose up at films and poking a billion holes in them like a water balloon so potentially you, could actually be very very helpful since I just get distracted by pretty colours haha.

IC

“It happened obviously earlier than my memories begin, be it whether I was born with or without a tail” she murmured. Absently drying a plate long after any residue was wiped from it. Watching the male in curious confusion as he took a pot off her and set to work on some kind of new outrageous concoction.

With his next words a confused and surprised look, coupled with tickled pink cheeks crossed the young woman’s face at his questions. “I can be pretty clumsy, but I think that’s just me. Nadia says I can be brash and impatient”

Carefully she reached her hand out to wrap her slender fingers around his wrist, her skin cool to touch. Eyeing the male cautiously and confused why she was even willing for this, she supposed it was because Arashi wanted answers more than she was willing to admit. Face only turning a fresher shade of pink as Alkoris entered the room. Huffing nervously and shyly as she turned her eyes away from both of them. Surrendering to the wizard as she pushed aside her timidness. Guiding his hand to her back, slipping under the loose fabric of her under shirt as she let his hand rest on her lower back, just above her backside. There, just above her waist band began the start of raised and twisted skin, clearly gashed and hacked at.

The touch made her grimace slightly with a small shudder that subtly ran over her skin, causing goose bumps, invisible to the eye but she knew Sesim had likely felt it. Again those shattered ghosts of memories just out of reach, her mind likely keeping them sealed away to protect her from the trauma as the Tiefling forced herself to stand steady.

Now her eyes were resting on Sesim’s gaze, gaze timidly curious on his verdict. Now realising this was the first time she had actually brought someone’s hand on her, it seemed both these new comers would bring out a very different strength and confidence in the young Teifling. Unable to find her voice as how her eyes darted to the half elf warlock.

//Depressed
  • (That may be true, but I think you have to enjoy movies at least somewhat to do what you do. Which sounds pretty cool, what are going into that involves that class? I think it would be pretty interesting, I could learn to enjoy film more.)

As soon as his hand even lightly touched the scarring, Sesim's happy face fell to a thoughtful frown, as he gestured Alkoris to get closer and practically putting him in the same position as the tiefling as this time he fearlessly allowed his hand to wander over the warlock's back until he found the relatively same spot. "With tails, there is an extra set of muscles that go with it that creatures born without them shouldn't have. There's a lot of control that goes with them, especially a thick, almost lizard like tail with tieflings. Granted, if this is what I fear it is, I'm afraid that the muscles wouldn't have developed as much because of use." Sesim thought out loud, before gently moving his hand to the side of the scar, though seemed to be extremely careful to let his hand drift very far, trying to make this slightly awkward situation as comfortable for the female as possible. His free hand also seemed to still be pressed to Alkoris's lower back. However, as thoughtful as the wizard look, after just a few moments Alkoris quickly raised a seemingly unamused eyebrow for just a moment. "Sesim, I felt that." He huffed with some annoyance, though the freckled male only chuckled at this.

"Tense your back for just a moment,try to move the lower muscles." He instructed the two after re-positioning his fingers where they needed to be, waiting until they did so as his face shifted back into being deep in thought. He went to the other side of the scar after a few seconds, pressing down a little bit and giving a nod. Pulling back and allowing the two to back up and get their own personal space he leaned against the counter, washed his hands again and gestured Alkoris away, who looked annoyed that he was called in and getting sent back. Instead of completely leaving, the man simply went to the opposite wall and leaned against it, looking down at his nails and making sure everything was orderly. Sesim, however, gently pulled Arashi a little further away, looking slightly upset, though somehow excited by a new discovery. However sad it was. "Your scar..." He started, looking at her with nearly black colored eyes as he made complete eye contact. "Is positioned where a tail would have grown, and though very weak due to lack of use, there is a slight lattice pattern of muscle, though flat, that is similar to tiefling back anatomy. It is my best guess that... Your tail may have been cut at the base when you where a baby or a child." He said this so it was quiet enough for only Arashi to hear, empathy lapping at his face. "But, if this is true, you are lucky this did not happen later in your life, you would have a horrible sense of positioning and balance, but because you grew up without it, it may not have effected you as much."

• OOC It is a pretty funky course, I run it alongside CGI because its basically building you up for all aspects of the film industry, cgi, producing, camera work, editing, advertising, story boarding, screen writing, critiquing. I don’t actually know what I want to do but I figured skills like that are fairly broad and most things are going digital. I’ll also be proficient with the whole adobe suit and maya and things like that which will hopefully look good on paper. I love that one of my entire classes is watching movies, though usually I nap on my friend’s shoulder haha. We watched quite a few good movies as we looked at different eras and genres such as Hollywood film and the French art films and such.

IC

Arashi listened and tried her best to follow all of his instructions, nodding to him but her heart was sinking slowly by the moment. Already she knew the words before he said them. Glancing over at the warlock as he was sent away and loitered against a wall not too far away, personally she was glad he remained in her sight. The wizard’s words almost seemed lagged as he spoke them, subconsciously raising her arms to hug herself and unsure how to feel as he continued. Arashi supposed she felt incomplete, then again she often did. She didn’t actually know her real name or parents or abilities and now she was missing a part of her. Someone had taken it from her and that she didn’t know either.

Not even realising tears had welled up until one hung dangerously off her lower eyelashes. Raising the back of her hand up to her face, why was everything taken? Nadia? Her family? Her tail? The young tiefling always tried to see the light side in things, however some things could make it terribly difficult to be positive at times. “I see” Arashi spoke softly, usual accent flowing over her words. She supposed he was right, really the young woman could still be very deft and agile. Built for that much rather than taking a solid hit.

Absently she walked out of the room, needing a moment to absorb and compose herself. Head aching lightly as the young woman crouched down, reaching out to beckon a cat over to her. Sitting down with the animal as she grabbed a book. Finding she was reading the same sentence over and over but still persevering to try and find the comfort of a distraction from the jumbled thoughts in her mind. Petting the cat gently with a light smile, Arashi knew it wasn’t the end of the world, she had gotten this far without a tail.

//Depressed
  • (That sounds like a lot of fun! Going into anything like that is way more exciting then any run of the mill stuff. Or atleast kindof gross, math things, which I don't exactly like, so that's awesome!)

Looking as if slightly regretful by her reaction, Sesim took a step back, now ignoring the fact that one of his cats stood at the corner next to him, lightly head butting his shoulder to get him to pet it. "I"m very sorry I-" The wizard cut his words off for now, currently, she didn't need to be mulling anything over beyond that. He would let it absorb before he spoke again, and for now, he let her leave, offering a sympathetic look as she vanished into the other room and Alkoris stood back up to instead take her place.

Seemingly immediately after she left, there was a light sound of elvish in the kitchen. However, it had only taken a few sentences for the tone of voices to start to raise, the intensity of Alkoris's steady voice growing slightly louder and more harsh, though Sesim's seemed to stay the same for a little longer. However, as the warlock's tone grew more in a colder anger and volume, the other man's did the same, and right before they where breaching on yelling, the conversation was cut short. Afterwords there only seemed to sound of water and dishes still being cleaned, and after a few minutes of that, Alkoris worked his way into the room that the tiefling sat. His eyebrows where a little more furrowed then usual, and the scowl on his face was slightly deeper, though it didn't seem to be exactly directed towards the woman, as he instead moved over to carefully sit down next to her, looking over and playing with a long strand of his hair that got loose. He watched the cat almost wearily for a moment, as the tabby mewled and instead went to the side of Arashi that Alkoris wasn't on and instead laid half on the floor, half on her lap, resting it's head sleepily on her thigh.

Taking a moment to calm his slight spark of annoyance, such an amount that it brewed on anger, the warlock glanced over, opening his mouth and then shutting it as he quickly ran out of things to say. Even though he had already said nothing. Alkoris had never been good at voicing things to people, comfort, or apologies or anything with any emotion besides blandness. He had always silently wished he could talk better, say words smoother and more gentle. But it couldn't come out right, never in his voice. He had always been a man perpetual in action rather then speech, and that showed his talking skills. Something he had also never really bothered to refine after he left anywhere.

"I'm sorry about that. Sesim tends to be curious, probably more so then both of us, but either way the problem is that when he wants to know something. He'll find out, no matter the outcome. He's smart, but that can be a double edged sword when it comes to communication and interactions." He mused softly, so his voice only filled the room they where in and no where else in the house. "But, if it makes you feel any better, I only have half of my face still looking decent if you're into elves. And I chose to screw up the other side, you had no voice in the matter. So I would work it. Tails are long, and heavy and are kinda weird." Unsure how to end the rant he had gone on, and pretty positive it would hardly lift his spirits he went completely silent, instead watching the cat half on her lap that had shifted to be now fully laying on her legs.

• OOC yeah! And you meet some fantastic, quirky dr martin wearing people too

As they argued, she lightly placed her hands over her ears. Regretting walking out of the room, she knew it wasn’t a big deal in the grand scheme of things really. Stroking the cat absently, more than ever wanting Nadia back in her life, the Tiefling was used to feeling so lost but was also very used to having Nadia to run to. Overall the last few days had flown by in a chaotic world wind, some very bad and some very good things had happened and it had taken its toll.

Unable to meet Alkoris’ eyes as he sat alongside her, tracking him in her peripheral vision. Her lip trembled slightly, unsure why she felt so weak around the man. Carefully she rested her head on his shoulder as he spoke. Managing a weak smile that soon turned into a bit of laughter at his awkward but no less heart felt words. Now tilting her head up at the man to meet his eyes, holding his gaze for a few moments.

“Silly man” leaning up to press a playfully pecked kiss to his nose “thank you” looking down at the cat as she pulled away from the warlock. “I think you look fine, scars only add character and originality. Right? Plus, they usually come with an interesting story” she joked gently in return to the man.

Giggling at the cat “I’m not angry with Sesim, I guess I always knew. I hope he doesn’t feel bad. I’m not angry with him” now fretting that she had hurt his feelings, much like Alkoris, the Tiefling still had a long way to go before she felt confident and comfortable in her social capabilities. Looking back up at the warlock bashfully "I hope you can tell me more about your scar one day. I fear I can be as curious as Sesim, but I'd like to think more patient in waiting for those answers."

//Depressed
  • (It's true that you meet way more interesting people in classes that is more creativity or kinda art like stuff based. That makes it all the more cool though. )

Alkoris didn't bother to move as she rested her head on his shoulder, instead only playing with the wrapped handle of his dagger, catching the purple silk with his fingers and toying with it in what almost looked like pent up energy. He seemed slightly tense by the initial touch, but was managing to relax, instead focusing more on what she was saying then anything else to ease his mind. She at least seemed to try and appreciate his effort to talk. He never really made sure to go out of his way to try and make someone feel better, it just simply wasn't in his wheelhouse, no matter how many times Sesim playfully lectured him on it. His thought process was slightly deep, which made the kiss on his nose more surprising then it would otherwise, which caused him to jump slightly, but otherwise be fine as he gave her a slight surprised, but also a little concerned expression. "I guess that's one way to put it." He mentioned, though he always imagined the 'originality' and 'character' his scars exuded was that of danger and slight foreboding to most people.

Giving a light chuckle, though one without much smiling at what she said about Sesim, he then shrugged slightly. "He'll be fine, he bounces back quicker then most children after a nap. Though he'll probably touch on it when you talk to him again, he only gives people he doesn't like the silent treatment." With that mention, Alkoris seemed to have eyes mostly for the cat, not exactly liking how close they where together in proximity to each other, and he only looked away by what she said next. All before not saying anything on it, instead biting down on the tip of his finger for a few of the more tense, quiet moments. Then the next few minutes he sat there as well. "I'm going to get a few more things to look at before we go. Let me know if you want to stay the night here, Sesim would be over the moon excited if you decided to, so brace yourself if you tell him your answer." He mentioned, all before moving slightly under her touch and standing back up, brushing himself off and starting to walk away. He carefully let down his hair afterwords, taking the leather he had used to tie it up and wrapping it around his wrist.

He didn't glance back much as he started to move up the stairs, and only about halfway through did he look over his shoulder. "Also, when you want to go talk to him again, I would ask Sesim about some stories you can take with you on the trip, I would be willing to pack a few more books if you want." He took another few steps. "There's one you might be interested in, 'The Princess of Silmnora, it's interesting. If you promise not to be mad at him, he might lend or tell it to you." He forced a slight smile, all before going upstairs completely and moving himself into one of the rooms.

• OOC Yeah, I found my best friends there. Its so wonderful

IC

Perhaps she had pushed him too far, feeling a little guilty now as he appeared to shut down from her. She supposed at least she took comfort in the pulling away not being from disgust for what she was. More so disinterest to who she was perhaps, despite this, it was comforting as odd as that may have been in others opinions, they just didn’t understand what it meant to be truly shunned.

She wished she could see him truly smile and laugh, the man seemed so burdened at times. Arashi knew what it was like to be in a dark place and feel it wrap its clutches around her spirit and soul, drowning it in thick black darkness. Chilling her to the bone and numbing her to any warmth, not even the sun’s rays could penetrate it. All her energy spent on just existing. But she had had someone pull her out of that, the loss of that someone did cause the feeling to lap at her heels but she wouldn’t relinquish herself to it. Not yet. Arashi was willing to take a few more hits before she went down.

Watching as he left the room, his body language all she could think about as his words drifted to the front of her mind in slow fragments, trying to get through her thoughts on the man. Yes, she would find the daft wizard and make sure that he never feared their new found slowly budding friendship was in jeopardy. Eventually she found the man, stepping forward “tell me a story? We’ve got all night. If you’ll have me of course?” she giggled softly, gaze timid but honest and kind as she took his hands in hers. No words spoken, just a firm smile and a slight nod that assured him that there was no words needed, for nothing had happened between them. Letting his hands go “I was hoping you’d let me borrow some books and stories for the trip, Alkoris spoke highly of one called ‘The Princess of Silmnora. He recommended that I would like it” clearly intrigued by the book now and hoping she could bring the man’s energy and liveliness back with talk of books that he clearly held great passion and interest for. “I think I stepped on Alkoris’ toes a little, so I’ll leave him be for a while. He’s like a hedgehog” The Tiefling smiled softly with a slightly sheepish giggle.

//Depressed
  • Sesim immediately brightened from his already happy smile when she walked into the room, unlike Alkoris, he seemed completely unaffected by their small squabble, and more so just seemed happy that she was talking to him with no hesitation in her voice. Happily taking her hands and grinning just as carelessly and loose as before he carefully pet the top of her head affectionately a few times. "Did he leave you already? That's a shame, don't mind it too much though, Alkoris is a man who is used to being alone, so to much human interaction makes him cranky." He teased slightly, even though the man couldn't hear him, he still joked about him anyways. However, he seemed to become even more energy filled by the mention of him telling her a story, though it seemed very suddenly he was caught a little off guard by the specific story request. "That one? An interesting recommendation coming from him, but I don't have any copies of it, so that will have to be the one to tell you vs. simply giving it to you." He gave a soft hum, eyes still a little widened, but otherwise everything still seemed to be sailing smoothly.

After asking for a few moments, Sesim began brewing some tea, taking out the pipe from earlier again and lighting it, all before offering the female a small glass of the warm liquid. With that, he brought her to the smaller sitting room that was directly next to the kitchen vs. the entrance way and offered for her to sit. By now, the sky had darkened slightly, less likely because of how it was starting to become evening, and more from the slight storm clouds that where gathering and blocking the light of the sun. As soon as she was settled, Sesim carefully inhaled and then exhaled slightly through his nose as he leaned forward, his smile fading into that of a much softer expression. "Alright, here's your story of the day then." He began slightly, stretching his arms forward before looking at her, two of the cats gathering at their feet. "There was a place called Silmnora that lived apparently far from here, and from there, there was a small, rather religious, but slightly upright group of full blooded orcs. Their city, though not a kingdom by any stretch, had very few humans in it, so when the princess was born a half orc, it was rather surprising. She was looked at with unease because of that, but as she grew, it didn't matter very much, by the time she was old enough to be wed she was in a deep relationship with a young, orc man whom she loved intensely." Sesim took a moment to breath out some more smoke, as well as drink some of the cooling tea.

"However, strange things began to happen around Silmnora, random deaths, problems with livestock, crops dying and few, seemingly harmless people starting to lash out. Yet, these problems began to escalate out of control and they soon learned that they had built their precious city on the ancient shrine of a murderous god who had recently awoken. Everyone was starting to panic, and the council had very little options as what to do, and yet the princess was brave in the thought that she was willing to do anything to keep her loved ones alive. So, she went to where the shrine was and begged the god not to continue with his attack, and instead offered some part of herself to the god if he promised to stop. After much convincing, the deity agreed, and branded her with his mark." Sesim's expression darkened slightly as he got into the mood of the story, but he didn't seem to inch away. "She quickly made an effort to get ready to leave, that was, until her lover stumbled across her. She revealed what she had done, and he seemed to accept it, agreeing to leave with her at their certain meeting spot. However, when she arrived, she realized a trap, and was brought back to the council with the marks of treason and the brand of the god that had tried to kill them and was sentenced to death. On her execution night she had become bitter and angry at the ungratefulness they had shown her for saving them, and began to plead in prayer to the god she was tied to to save her. So he struck everyone down around her dead. Leaving her instead with what she was trying to avoid." Sesim suddenly stood at the end of this, having finished the liquid that was inside the teacup and seeming to get out of the mood of the story, grinning just as happy as before he started. He began to head towards the kitchen once more, taking a small bowl filled with hard pellets and walking back. "The end. Not the happiest, but that's why I was surprised by Alkoris recommending it to you. He seems to care for some of your innocence at least, more then his usual partners. I've never seen him attempt to shelter someone so much before. Take that as a compliment as much as possible though dear. " The pellets where clearly some sort of cat treats, in which Sesim handed her a few and began to tempt over the youngest of the cats over to him.

(Ouch have fun reading that XD. At least I know you like reading. I still tried to make it short.)

The post was edited 1 time, last by Knox ().

• OOC haha don’t shorten it!! Ruuuuude

IC

It was refreshing to be with the wizard, so easy and simple. They shared each other’s energy and bounced off of each other so well. In fact Arashi had never felt so at easy and bright around someone. It felt safe to be herself and not excuse any of her harsher quirks, she didn’t feel judged and could trust in his resilient skin. Smile widening as she received the answer she had hoped he would give her, always enjoying stories told to her much more than reading them. It was fun watching the expressions on people’s faces and hearing their own renditions and voices.

She followed the man as he guided her, eagerly taking the tea as she curled her legs up and under her. Leaving her boots off and next to the chair she sat on. Cradling her tea in content and already looking a little drowsy. The young Tiefling listened with wide green eyes, sole focus on the wizard and nothing else around her. Not even the cats that encircled the two, hanging off Sesim’s every word. She wondered briefly if the wizard ever grew lonely, perhaps she would visit him more often to ensure he wasn’t so alone if that was the case. Smiling as he began to tell the story of the princess, who was different, just like Arashi was. Thinking the story would be like a beautiful love story that the Tiefling had resigned the fact that she would ever have herself.

Face falling in response to Sesim’s own face falling as he continued the story, frown not changing but growing even deeper. “That story… was.. sad” she frowned innocently. She knew the world was cold, but she was only learning today just how cold with the revelations of the absence of her tail and such a sad story of hurt and betrayal. “I’m not sure I like that one” she stared down at her tea sadly, seeing her slight reflection in the cup.

Taking the pellets he offered her as a smile returned to her face and she offered the treats to the nearby cats. “I guess I really did my dash with him then?” She concluded quietly in response to Sesim’s words. Gaze slightly sad but a loose smile still on her lips. “Lets have a different story!” she insisted “things are only going to be doom and gloom if you will them to be”

//Depressed
  • "It is rather... Sad, isn't it? Alkoris was actually the one who first told it to me it." Sesim mentioned, smile melting a little, but it seemed more in relaxation then anything else as he gave the cups a light wash, and then went back to the treats, sitting cross legged on the carpet and calling the cat over to his slightly crossed legs to come and join him. The feline was seemingly happy to oblige, curling into a tight ball despite how much fat the color point had on it. "It's good that you look at things with such positivity, my love, if anyone needs that it's him. And sadly, I can't exactly travel with him ever, so he wont get any from me. Though I also suppose introducing him as a bhaalist as a joke to people isn't a great introduction." He gave a gentle tilt of his head and a laugh as he watched the cat, scratching the top of the cats head with gentle fingers and a loving touch. "All the more surprising he decided to take you out of all the people wrongly accused of murder. But he's always had a soft spot for short people." Sesim gave a slight tease, though not especially tall himself, sticking his tongue out barely through the part of his teeth as he spoke. He always found positive, or at least more happy people a little more relaxing then others. Sesim liked to think of himself being more of a realist, but just with a more, happy twist.

Blinking a few times at her request for another story, he sat back on his hands for a moment, craning his neck back to look up at the high ceiling, looking at the splotches of ink and some paint he had somehow gotten on it, but never cared to fix. "I'll make sure to hook you up with plenty of brighter stories and poems with your books then, I have plenty upstairs in my room." Suddenly, a devious smile fluttered a little past his lips once more, the one similar to when he was telling Alkoris's quirks. "By the way, if you work it well enough, or if he's to tired or annoyed or sad to read, if you pull out a book, you may get the special treat of him asking you to read to him. It doesn't happen very often, but I think he enjoys it more then actually reading things, although I don't think he'd admit it." Sesim giggled a little, reaching out and grabbing her hand as she walked by to bring her down on the floor with him, tapping her lap a few times with a low sound to call over one of the cats to come over to them. "A happy story you say? Are we talking real stories or made up ones?" The wizard thought for only a moment, before looking at her with dark eyes, watching the light green orbs with a smile as he got the pipe once more.

"There was actually a small amount of time Alkoris and I where sent out together. Horrible idea by the way, sending out two people who are mainly spellcasters together, I'm already a glass cannon myself. But anyways, I remember at one point where we where going through a town for information, it was very nice out, middle of the day, crowded city, a lot of yelling, your usual market. Often times there isn't anything to be afraid of. However, halfway through working my way through the crowd I realized that Alkoris was completely missing, that was, until I heard him practically scream bloody murder near some the alleys. I was terrified he was being attacked, but by the time I got over, he was shaking and sweating all because he had gotten cornered against a wall by a puppy." Sesim gave a light chuckle at the memory, it was when they where first getting to know each other really, at this point the warlock had gotten over his fear a little by dogs. "I don't think I've ever seen him so terrified, and I've watched him go against things a lot bigger then a stray dog. That's when he actually told me about the whole dog pack story from when he was little. We left pretty quickly after that, there was a lot of strange looks shot at us." He said the story briefly, mostly out of amusement as he searched for another one. He knew plenty of make believe, as well as real ones from his own brief times of adventures, though it felt very surreal almost to recall them.