all stars could be brighter (open, intro thread)

Let's Share! has (finally) launched! Our first article is a World of Tanks Guide by Enderclaw!
  • BLOOD OF INNOCENTS BURNING IN THE SKIES —

She tilts her head to the side, expression pensive, ears twitching this way and that. The early sunlight catches upon her ear cuff, and the rosy gold burns bright, like a band of fire. The wind picks up, carrying a sound only she can hear.

'Ristarë.' The voice is gentle and melodic. Esme lets herself relax, the familiar murmur bringing her some much-needed comfort. 'Hello, Mother,' she responds telepathically.

'I cannot linger, my sweet daughter, and I am sorry. The Windlord has given me two minutes.' Her mother sounds worried, and Esme's smile fades. 'What is wrong? We won the Last Battle, there shouldn't be anything else...' She sensed, rather than saw, Nienna's gesture for silence. 'There is nothing wrong... but we worry about you. We cannot see your future anymore, and any contact with you is limited by our distance. I wanted to check on you.'

Being a mother herself, Esme understands perfectly. 'I will take care of myself,' she assures the Lady of Mercy. Her mother begins to respond, but the wind dies down, and the connection is lost. The dire wolf sighs, and turns towards the east, where the Sun has completely cleared the horizon.

Esme stands, and begins to trace her steps back to camp.

"speaking"

• Sitting still and enjoying the air, the darling doctor sighed emptily as he looked to the horizon, iridescent gaze rather bleak as he focused on the sky, lips curled into a slight smile. The weather lately was clearing up, and for him it was good for his health—good to be outside on this fine night. His ears perked when he heard someone nearby, and the scent he caught was familiar albeit unfamiliarly so. They had resided here, but they seemed to be foreign to the doctor. "Hello," he said calmly as he turned to the direwolf, his brows raised casually while he inquired his question. "I don't believe I have seen you around before, might I get your name?" His tone was polite and congenial, studying the other through round eyeglasses as he waited for an answer. There were so many new faces he hadn't seen yet, he thought he was missing out on quite much.

[ TAGS ]

THE GUILTY ARE HANGING FROM THE KILLING TREE

THE CRIES FROM THE DEPTHS IN UNISON SING

THE SEREIN COPSE & THE SANCTUARY WINGED GERMAN SHEPHERD /W EYEGLASSES PENNED BY MAGI

GORGEOUS ART BY KEDAMONO <3

She isn't surprised by the German Shepherd's sudden appearance - she'd sensed him nearby, somewhere in the back of her consciousness. She turns to face him, and finds herself having to tilt downward, to look him in the eyes.

Her own eyes sparkle with her usual humor, which incidentally, is often mistaken with flirtatiousness. "Esme Tenebris, at your service," she says gallantly, offering him a strangely gentleman-like bow. She can't help but notice his opalescent irises, so much like her Uncle Irmo's. His aura is too tired for Irmo, however, and now she starts to compare him with Manwë, weighed down by his new responsibilities.

All she says on the matter, however, is, "Your eyes are very pretty." Her lips pull up in a roguish smirk. She's been told she comes off as a flirt. She knows how this looks, and it's become quite intentional. She just won't stop.

"speaking"

• Esme Tenebris. Where the hell had Dancer heard that name before? It took a while of thinking before the winged feline realized just why he recognized the name. Poison. That whore of a ColouredClan leader had really gotten around, huh? That was where he had heard the name Esme. Whose mother was she... Kuroi. His fellow Littlecoat. Well wasn't that... Interesting.

"Pleasure to meet you, Esme," greeted the Bard with a polite dip of his head, hiding the slight distaste settling in him at the thought of her and his Commander together. "You can call me Dancer. I'm the Bard of Religion."

"speech."

you're an upstanding model of a modern day cain with impeccable style —— tags.

TEENAGERS SCARE THE LIVING SHIT OUT OF ME

She turns to Deathdance as he speaks, picking up his distaste like a splash of lemon juice from his thoughts. She also has a feeling that he's to hide his emotions. "What's with the stink-eye, pal?" She says in a sweet, unassuming voice, eagerly anticipating his reaction to her perceptiveness. "You've only just met me."

"speaking"

• "Esme," Lethe repeated the name she spoke. "That's a lovely name, you know. I'm Lethe," the margay said in a friendly tone, eyes darting between the unfamiliar female and Dancer. Stink-eye? She couldn't sense any such animosity from Dancer, and Esme was right herself - they had just met. What was there to dislike at first glance? The wolf seemed alright to her. Or maybe she was just too trusting. After all, she had trusted Blackroses, and look where the Copse was now. A brutal anti-clan that she didn't fit in with at all.

"speaking" | tags

Esme hears the margay's soft voice, and of course, her poor heart flutters. Oof ouch, she thinks, a little dazed. My bones. She turns her head slightly, meeting Lethe's gaze, and feels her skin heating up. "U-Um hello, I like your name too, it's very pretty will you go out with me-" she snaps her jaws shut, closing her eyes and sighing. Yeah... good going, Esme, she's gonna think you're weird. ...but she's so pretty... 

//esme is a big gay (she's actually pansexual, but shhh don't tell her that) who likes girls with big brown eyes and sweet voices. i apologize in advance for her behavior XD

"speaking"

• °•:` "BLACK MAGIC" ─ Silver came after her assistant deputy, sticking quite close to his trail. She didn't exactly know her way around yet and he seemed to know his way round' perfectly so of course he would be a very important guide to her. She stopped as he asked a young girl her name and Silver slightly peeked out from behind him. She realized that she hadn't met this one yet and she lept out from behind him, an excited look on her face.

"Hello!" the young girl herself started, swishing her tail across the ground as if she was a dog. "I am Silverlanterns, dear one! Quite a pleasure to meet you." she'd nod, ruffling her wings and pushing up her own glasses. She didn't expect to feel such... hostility as Lethe though, but of course it didn't bother her one bit.

"speech"

NOW DESTINYS CALLING OUT YOUR NAME

SO REPLY, REPLY, REPLY AND IGNITE

THE SANCTUARY LEADER — SEREIN COPSE MEMBER — IC OPINIONS

• The doctor raised a brow, his gaze turning into a rather questionable one as he focused on the femme. "Danke," he said, thanking her while he swished his tail idly. "Esme is indeed a nice name. My name is Magi, a pleasure." It was until he heard her statement towards Lethe that he clenched his teeth, his throat hard as though he was about to choke. "Idiotic Hure, ich werde reiß dir den Kehle," he growled under his breath, his eyes narrowed. 'Touch my friends and die,' the German thought, his heart suddenly alight with rage and emotion. He had not felt such anger in a long time, and debated on whether he should hold this as a grudge or not. He smiled bitterly afterwards. "Vhere do you get your name?" he decides to ask next. "Tenebris means 'Dark', does it not?"

[ translation: "idiotic whore, i'll tear your throat" + MAJOR IC OPINIONS, ily skdksd ]

[ TAGS ]

THE GUILTY ARE HANGING FROM THE KILLING TREE

THE CRIES FROM THE DEPTHS IN UNISON SING

THE SEREIN COPSE & THE SANCTUARY WINGED GERMAN SHEPHERD /W EYEGLASSES PENNED BY MAGI

GORGEOUS ART BY KEDAMONO <3

Silverlantern's approach is ignored, as Esme tears her eyes away from Lethe to stare at Magi, whose friendly greeting had turned cold in a matter of seconds. Her eyes kindle with a small, purple flame, and they narrow slightly at his insult. This bastard is in for a surprise..

She smiles at him sweetly, directly contrasting the subtle threat in her voice. "Ich würde gerne sehen, wie du es versuchst! Es wäre sehr amüsant." Esme then carried on as if nothing had happened, while sending him a telepathic message. I would take special care not to antagonize me, my friend.

"It is an old family name. In fact, I happen to be Matriarch of the Tenebris Family. It means 'Darkness.'"

//translation: "I'd like to see you try! It would be most amusing." and uhh IC OPINIONS

"speaking"

• "Oh, um..." wow, Lethe hadn't expected to be asked that. What did she answer? A date? Was she even ready for that sort of thing? The last person - man - she had loved had not... well, it didn't really end well, to say the least. And she could see Magi's tightening features, hinting at a distaste of Esme. The latter had even said something in a strange language. Lethe wasn't an expert on languages, but it sounded like German, something she knew Magi spoke. She might have encroached on a situation. Luckily, they seemed to brush past that easily. "Umm... the Tenebris family sounds nice. Do you have any siblings?" anyone who knew about Lethe and her brothers would understand why she was asking this question.

"speaking" | tags

Lethe's voice sounded again, but this time, Esme managed to keep herself from gushing. "Oh, uh, no, I don't. Only children and cousins, and other more distant relations." she blinks, a little sheepishly. "And um... sorry about, well, asking you on a date, I tend to get a little weird when I meet... um, anyone who looks like a certain old friend of mine..." It was true - Lethe had reminded her of Hendolostië. Now that she thought about it, her reaction had been partly motivated by the pain of separation. It'd been a mutual parting, to protect the other during a dire situation, but Esme hadn't been able to find her wife ever since. And now that she was here, in Agrelos, with new responsibilities she couldn't ignore, the chance of a reunion was improbable at best.

//oof slipped in some a n g s t

"speaking"

• His stink-eye didn't look so bad now, huh.

The puzzled look that fell onto the winged feline contorted his face, watching as his Clanmates were suddenly going back and forth with the newcomer. He sent a curious glance in the direction of Lethe, followed by a more alarmed one as Magi and Esme began exchanging words in German to each other. Now is not the time, now is not the time... Though in his mind, he couldn't help but be a little amused. If she had fallen so quickly infatuated with Lethe, he could only imagine what her reaction was to Party. Before he had been marred by scars and left to starve in ColouredClan while the food slowly trickled back in. So the Bard was silent, eyes shifting between the rest of his Clanmates.

"speech."

you're an upstanding model of a modern day cain with impeccable style —— tags.

TEENAGERS SCARE THE LIVING SHIT OUT OF ME

• TAGS ☆彡touch my sister, and i'll rip your heart out, the creature would cheerfully singsong, coming to stand beside lethe. now, he didn't actually oppose his siblings dating, or what have you, he just thought nobody would ever meet his expectations. not that they'd matter, if the pair truly loved each other, and whatnot, but he'd be sure to forever insert his disappointment whenever he could. just these thoughts left a slightly sour taste in his mouth. i'm aethreia, he'd add, voice still relatively pleasant, despite the slightly warning look in his blood-red gaze.

all opinions ic | played by happeh

• I LIE AWAKE AND WATCH IT ALL, IT FEELS LIKE THOUSAND EYES—

Aethira's sing-song threat coaxes a bitter noise fromm her throat - almost as if she's choking on her own bile. Jesus Christ, doesn't anyone around here have emotion? Fucking robots.

"Thanks for the threat upon my life," she coughs, trembling, trying to curb the oncoming flood of emotion. "Nothing I haven't heard before, although the last few times, I was in a beaten, bloody, humiliated heap on the floor." She catches herself, wincing. "I mean- I couldn't care less about- um- no- fuck fuck fuck..." Her breathing picks up, and she squeezes her eyes closed. Shit, she's panicking. "W-What did I do... I'm sorry I won't-"

//shit im in a vulnerable state and it's affecting my writing, not to mention that Esme is based off my OC who im fucking kin of.... maybe. i should take a break from the site until my meds start working....

"speaking"