I WANT AUTHENTIC | ironkiss

Check out this announcement about new leadership limits in Agrelos
  • MERLIN A. | SV MEMBER | BIO

Shapeshifting came naturally to Merlin, like breathing, eating, and living. It was why his father did not have faith in him and though he grew to resent his family for this cursed capability, it was a part of him. And besides, what did they know? He wasn't his mother. Morgana was better than them anyways, and although he didn't know what she did to get herself exiled, he still saw her as an idol, and the only one who had loved him for who he truly was. She was the only one to believe in his true potential. She was the only one who knew he was destined for greatness.

So when a certain someone requested his assistance, he was happy. No, more than that. Overjoyed. And it was a member of an enemy group, no less! The very thought flattered him. Even those who oppose me know my power.

Using the body of a raven, as dark as the night itself, he took flight, to the territories near The Exiles. In his brief time around the territories, he had learned of all the little kingdoms that populated the area, and where they were. Well, not really. But he did manage to remember that The Exiles inhabited a canyon. So he flew, feeling the wind upon his feathers like cold blades pressing against them. The crescent moon shone brightly through a thick veil of dark grey clouds.

The Magus of Flowers stopped near the edge of the territory - not exactly on the border, nor upon their land. Quickly shapeshifting back into his primary cat body, - just so his client would know who he was - he waited within the shadows, his pale silver glowing like the midnight itself. Violet eyes anticipated the arrival of Ironkiss.

( IRONKISS T. ahh sorry it took a while + it sucks! )

OBIETA KOTORI WA SAYONARA NANTE IENAKUTE

PENNED BY tempest ! - AI WO KOU SHIGUSA DE DAMARIKONDE

• The first time Ironkiss had shapeshifted, the power had seemed so easy to work. He hadn't put much thought into the body that he wanted to wear, and his vague expectations for something strong that his family wouldn't recognize had resulted in a metallic lion with a natural strength that had seemed astounding. He'd been comfortable with his new identity and hadn't bothered trying to engage the power again. The last thing he wanted was to filthy up his birth body with the muck of the Exiles. He might live among them, but as long as he kept his true form separate, he'd never truly be one of them. He'd have something to fall back on should he decide to leave.

Lately, the idea of just up and leaving had become one that he was seriously considering. It felt as though the Exiles were being raided daily, and although he'd once been fascinated by it, the violence and lawlessness that characterized his home was getting to him. Life had been simpler when he'd just been Oren of BlizzardClan, but at this point, he wasn't sure that he could ever just be Oren again.

The plan had always been that, should he want to, he could just shift back to his birth form and leave the Exiles. Lately, he'd found himself shifting nearly nonstop, alternating between lion and leopard form. The bodies weren't even as different as he'd envisioned when he left BlizzardClan: both were mostly metallic gold with silver accents, and both had yellowing saberteeth. In short, nothing was going according to the plan he'd originally laid out. His birth form was sullied, tied to the Exiles, and anyway similar to his "primary" one.

When he'd heard word of a magician in Shadow Veil with unusual control over shapeshifting, Ironkiss's decision had been simple. Although their groups were enemies, he'd sought out the male, promising information in return for lessons on how to control his shifting. A simple deal, wholly business, one that would probably get him killed if his groupmates discovered that he'd made it.

Under the cover of the night, he made his way toward the spot where he'd agreed to meet Merlin. The moon emitted faint light, but it was enough for him to spot the violet eyed male waiting in the shadows. Stepping toward him, Ironkiss remarked friendlily, "You're early, magician. Did I keep you waiting long?"

Motioning to the male, he made as if to move further from the border, into the wasteland that surrounded his clan's home. As he walked, his form shimmered, shrinking and twisting from lion to leopard. Once he'd decided no one was likely to wander across them, he asked, "How does this work? I'm guess it's not as simple as you giving me a focus word and the problem's solved."

IT ALL CAME CRASHING DOWN

O. IRONKISS TARGARYEN

Well, that was rather quick. Merlin's muzzle curled into a smile, and though it was friendly and tame, there lay sparks of elation and excitement behind the wall of suppressed emotions. The notion of being known within other clans as a powerful, mystical magician moved him. This place was infinitely better than where he once lived, as he was actually appreciated here. Not as a shadow to a King, but as an individual.

"No, you're fine." Merlin nodded, his voice suave and viscous like honey. He would have let the ground foster his flowers beneath him, but he was being as cautious as possible. He made sure to disguise his Veiler scent as much as possible, but there was always a possibility of those who knew what he looked like. The Magus of Flowers was a convoluted creature in which he usually traversed upon a path of blossoms, but never wanted any to follow it. Perhaps it was all part of his act.

He started to saunter alongside Ironkiss, as if completely unconcerned with the fact that he wasn't anywhere near his home. It was fine, since he could always alter his form to escape if Ironkiss turned out to be a spy for the Exiles. He could always run away, change his name, and start anew in another clan. The only thing he couldn't seamlessly disguise was his voice. As they walked together, he noticed the moonlight rippling upon different pelts with each blink. From a lion's to a leopard's, it was clear that it was not Iron's bidding for him to change forms so... quickly.

"You're right. I usually don't help others without something in return." His voice became a little sharper, like a needle pricking out of silk. His violet eyes glinted in the dim moonlight, like gems illuminated only by a band of light. "I'd just like a little information on the Exiles. Nothing more, nothing less. In exchange, I'll teach you how to control your shapeshifting, and make you more powerful than you could ever imagine."

• Charming was the word that came to mind when the other male responded to him, although these days anyone who wasn't overtly out to kill him seemed pretty charming. "Nice" might not be a reason to trust someone, but Ironkiss wasn't going to go through life terrified of every shadow either. Better the serpent under the flower than the one with fangs flashing toward him. If he could relax in this guy's company, heaven knew he would.

His silver eyes found the Magus of Flowers as Merlin named his price. Ironkiss barely held back a snort. If he wasn't already struggling between his loyalties to the Exiles and to his morals, he'd have told the magician to fuck off. As it was...well, why not? So long as he was careful about the information he shared, he saw no problem with making such a deal.

"Can't just agree to that straight away," he explained calmly. "You'd have to tell me what you want to know, and give me the right to veto any information that could cost me my life if the Exiles found out." Simple and straightforward: no reason for the violet eyed male to disagree. Grinning softly in the moonlight, he added, "And first you need to prove to me that you can actually help. Sound fair?"

IT ALL CAME CRASHING DOWN

O. IRONKISS TARGARYEN

Merlin's violet gaze narrowed as he glanced at the creature besides him. The magician could sense the contempt and apprehension in his aura - and despite being the one to have made the request, he could see the absurdity in it all. After all, what loyal and devoted member would ever disclose such secrets? And to a stranger from another clan, no less! Though, it wasn't as if he was asking for every little detail, every little event that transpired within. He just desired the bare bones, like a vulture nitpicking through a carcass to pluck out the best meat.

"I see." He contemplated, a soft chuckle following his affirmation. Well, he wasn't actually sure what he coveted. He was tempted to ask what their agenda was - what they planned to do to the Veil and its inhabitants - but that would be too obvious. And besides, Ironkiss would probably get his ass kicked and innards gutted if he relayed such restricted information. Though Merlin was amused by that thought, he needed to keep Iron around. After all, he could use the other as a convey to gain knowledge. Another great plan, by yours truly. His thoughts sounded haughtily within his mind, like an arrogant actor to an audience of none.

At his second condition, the Magus of Flowers found his claws, unsheathed without his will, clicking into the soft dirt below. Doubting his power was sure to put him in a tense mood, as he was desperate to prove himself. Calm down. A sigh escaped him as he began to speak once more, in a voice that flowed like a condescending creek:

"Fine. I'll prove to you that I'm not a fraud, and then I'll tell you what I want." Again, he decided to be vague on his true intentions. One, because he wasn't really sure what he desired from Iron, and two, because that was how he kept others under his paws. He would leave them guessing for more, like eager children.

"Come." He simply commanded - neither authoritative nor affable. He began to walk, and did not wait for the other to catch up, or for the other to respond, for that matter. Merlin was impatient to start, and he was sure Iron was as well. After walking through the forest for what seemed like a miniscule minute, he stood at a clearing within the forest. This glade was lit by the moonlight, like a spotlight for a play or drama.

Merlin turned behind him, glittering lilac gaze peering into Iron. "I will ask you one last time: Are you ready for this? Power comes at a price." He goaded, blinking as if he was an innocent kid, despite his heavy words.

( DJSKDKKSK sorry this is so whack. muse is bein weird )