im in love with YOUR ghost ++ private, ver

• Truth be told, she was nervous.

She had a lot to atone for due to her actions over the past month, but she figured the best place to start would be with those she had hurt the most - that being Saturnrings, Helios and Ver. Looking back, the chocolate-point feline was exactly sure what had made her mind so focused on Ver. The German Shepherd hadn't really done anything to her in the few months that they had co-existed her in the East Whispering Pines. In fact, it appeared that she had trusted the other to the point of promoting her. And yet, some how none of that stopped Saoirse from hurling a torrent of abuse at the Strategist, making wild, unfounded accusations and shooting her disgusted, cold glares. Saoirse was ashamed, however she knew she had to make it right. 'Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.'

"Ver." She called out into the main room of the church, her words spoken with resolution despite the shaky inhale that preceded them. "Can we talk?"

Ver Million

no matter how hard I pray --------------------- SIGNS OF WARNING STILL REMAIN

- -

made by checkers

•        

✿ — tags

Ver was strangely scarce lately, her former absence from camp intensifying tenfold; her free time was spent reintegrating herself back into her old mojo. Training her body to obey her commands, vehemently reteaching herself her old now-forgotten skills. Yes, she was still around putting in her work yet she wasn't held down anymore she wasn't earnestly patrolling the borders or training with Narcissus anymore. She'd forced herself back into a sort of solitude, one she'd long ago grown used to. This life, the rogues way of life was never her own she doubted it ever would be. No matter how hard she tried, no matter how loyal she was to them her heart lurched in her chest telling her differently. Asking her if she was truly satisfied with this way of life.

Saoirse hadn't made her change easy, at one point she'd greatly enjoyed her company they'd at one point been on a track towards the bare starting threads of a friendship. But the feline had severed it just like how that wolf severed her wings. She'd tore it apart, announced her as a traitor glared at her and snapped at her as if she was a war-criminal in her own home. Yes indeed it had been one of the leading causes to her so called; change of heart. She may have served Saoirse despite her terse words but Ver felt no real loyalty to the woman anymore. Why should she? She wasn't here for her, wasn't here for the unchanging repetitive scorn. She stayed for her friends, for her apprentices not for an overseer who made her hatred well known to the strategist.

Her ears would crane at the sound of the woman's voice; she'd been just about to get up and leave when her narrowed gaze had crossed the wingless feline. She'd breath deeply, registering her offer and what it could possibly mean. She'd turn on her paw, unbearably slowly eyes mellow and face placid; unchanging there was no easy smirk no light in her eyes. Just resignation, she'd promise to hear her out despite her own underlying guilt and stress whenever the feline was around. ”I don't see why not” she'd woof simply, she'd look over her shoulder to see who else was around. Wondering if Saoirse wanted privacy or not. ”So.. What do you want to talk about?”

”SPEECH.”

• The deep breath; the lack of warmth. This wasn't a good sign. But what else was she expecting really? She'd spent the past month making her feel like a traitor in her own home, for doing absolutely no harm. The mere sight of Saoirse must've put the other on edge, with Ver probably expecting to be berated once again for doing, well, nothing.

Her gaze wandered momentarily towards the very same stained glass windows she had laid eyes on upon her realization not so long ago. 'God, give me the strength and humility to right my wrongdoings.'

"I want to apologize." Her gaze snapped back towards the German Shepherd. She didn't think the other would appreciate her dancing around the subject all that much. Ver seemed like the straight-forward type. "I haven't been myself for quite some time due to.. circumstances. I acted towards you in a way that no one should treat another individual, ever, especially not an Overseer. I made unfounded accusations towards you, and treated you like dirt." Saoirse dipped her head low in an apologetic bow, ears pinned flat against her skull, "You did your best to help when you could, but I pushed you away with harsh actions and even harsher words. Ver, from the bottom of my heart, I'm so, incredibly, sorry. "

no matter how hard I pray --------------------- SIGNS OF WARNING STILL REMAIN

- -

made by checkers

•        

✿ — tags

She never expected an up front apology, not to this degree. She expected this behavior to continue till something ineiveitably had befallen the overseer. Even on off chance when did get over this little madness she didn’t expect to ever receive even a minor apology. Yet here Saoirse was practically begging her for forgiveness. Ver didn’t know what to say, blinking uncomfortably down at the feline as her maw opened to speak.

She wasn’t poetic, her words were never thought out; she always said the first thing on her mind. Never once putting in any care to her speeches or conversations. She would’ve left, could have left at any time even now she could just say fuck it and go. Yet she didn’t. Perhaps that was due to the fact Saoirse’s accusations weren’t as unfounded as she said they were. If they didn’t have that (ironic) pang of truth she wouldn’t have put up with it.

Ver would nod her head briefly, a nervous yet geniune smile curling its way on her muzzle. ”Oh. There’s err no reason to bow or apologize really. It’s nothing... really she’d shuffle where she stood, ears tilting back. It wasn’t nothing, even she realized that. The shepherd would sigh again, deeply before going on ”Well, if it makes you feel better than I accept your apology”

Holding this against her wasn’t Ver’s style, as agitated as she’d been with this debacle it was brief. She just hoped Saoirse didn’t tread backwards and doom her to scrutiny again. Her reputation had been severely damaged. ”It’s my duty to help out around here. Trust me a little berrating and distrust won’t put me down.” she’d force a chuckle, trying to play it off.

”SPEECH.”