merry mimosas - private, haze

Let's Share! has (finally) launched! Our first article is a World of Tanks Guide by Enderclaw!
  • ❝ WAR WIFE ❞ Life wasn't an easy thing for some people.

For some, life was a bloody picnic. It was sunshine and enough food, family and friends constantly at your call. For Zev, back when she had been Charlotte, life had been an abusive father and a drug addiction. Life had been never having enough food and life just hand't been life. It was a lowlife that had pulled her from that low point, tossing her into the life of dancing at a spot infamous for it's criminal association. Even though it had been a shadowy career, it had allowed the girl to get out of her home and into a new life. It was at that time she had become "Zevara," having selected the name after reading it on a poster once for some Russian model. And after all that, Zevara had met Antonio and had been given everything. Jewels and fine silks, and the protection of the Bellaria family and later, the joy of earning her first stamp of approval from her husband.

Ex-husband.

She still remembered seeing him as he floundered around in his bowl of super, seizing as the poison ran through his veins. Even now, she could recall their joyous cries as the opposing family flooded forward, all taking their turn to sneer and watch as her wonderful floundered like a fish. They still hunted her, of course. That much she knew. She knew that because she had gotten heavily into the crime world, she had made enemies herself and now, the slender caracal had become what was known as a high profile target. She was targeted by normal people, and even more so by the criminal world for her well known name and position within the Bellaria family. And so, while she knew that she could not take on the entire family just yet that opposed what was left of her own, Zev figured that she might as well begin her journey towards making herself feel more... safe.

And so, the dangerous beauty had settled into the clearing that she had denoted in her letter, a robe of gold silk wrapped about her shoulders and over her head. She hoped, dearly, that her letter had not gone astray.

purplehaze.  

☾*: DIAMONDS ARE A GIRL'S BEST FRIEND

sanguine ruins / female / caracal / mobster wife / widowed / PENNED BY ALBERTA

• ★ ★ ★ Ninety nine percent of the time, Haze acted impartially. Never had they gotten the chance to form too close of a bond to anyone. It served them well, having no one else to think of when it came to the consequences of a murder. They barely kept in touch with their adopted siblings, after they had gone and decided to take on the lives of Clan creatures. Needless to say, they weren't a fan of that life. They weren't keen on the idea of being led by some stranger they never knew, didn't trust, just because they had decided to settle on a specific piece of land. Territory their ass. They didn't like to stay in one place for too long anyways. But the thought of being ordered to fight senseless wars and get punished for doing as they pleased didn't sit well with them at all. If they didn't like someone, if they saw darkness in someone, then they were going to do what they knew best. Their mouth watered at the thought.

For them, life was biting the hand that feeds.

They were surprised to receive such an intricate letter, with their own name, Purplehaze, written across it in such beautiful lettering. Surely this person was trying to get on their good side. Clients often did what they could to impress them, but little ever made an impact on them. This, however, they weren't going to pass up. Because this one, from the way she wrote to the way she worded her sentences to the way she sealed the letter shut, definitely had something to offer them.

The shadows of night did a good enough job of skewing the serval's identity as they made their way to the isle, taking their time, reminding their client that everything was going to be done on their terms. After a while of walking, moonlight glinting off the silver sands hit a discoloration-- the gold of her shawl. They knew. And when they reached the point at which they figured Zevara had to know that they were close, they lifted their head, puffed out their chest. Looked as regal as she, minus the robe. "Zevara, I'm guessing?" asked the fellow feline in their normal, low voice (still slightly feminine sounding, the only indicator of their "femaleness"). Smoke gently rolled out of their mouth as they spoke.

"speech"

IS IT TOMORROW OR JUST THE END OF TIME?

( TAGS )

-- 'scuse me while I kiss the sky

• ❝ WAR WIFE ❞ It was a soft sound that alerted Zevara to the arrival of the other. A very very soft sound so slight, that Zev almost caught it. And, being for the world that she was, that was no easy feat. Zevara was always on her toes as of late, always ready for the paw that she figured would soon be flying for her head. But no, this one she could interpret. They were sly steps, but not sly enough to make her think that this was anything more than a well trained individual approaching in silence out of habit.

When the other finally came forth, speaking her name, a flicker of approval would flicker over dainty features. Good. SO she had been correct. "And you must be this.... Purplehaze." the woman would note. An odd name to her, but she had indeed heard of others whom had such names. Wrapping her tail about narrow paws, the caracal would allow her ears to listen carefully before settling her eyes back on the individual before her. "Don't to business, shall we? My name is Zevara Bellaria, head of the Bellaria mafia. I'm telling you this so that you know that I don't expect half-assed work." the figure would rumble. Not rudely, mind you, but simply a statement. She had heard often of people giving fake names but in her position, it wouldn't matter. If they were close enough to the area that they heard her name, the other family was likely close enough to know damn well where she was anyways.

Besides, her crew had always been a gutsy one.

"I've hired you to pay respects to.... a dear friend. He put my husbands' face into a bowl of minestrone, a few months ago and I think it's time that we pay that forward." the caracal would begin, a small grin upon curved maw. "I'm open to suggestions on how it's done. However, I've got to warn you that you'd be getting involve in family businesses. This man is a close informant of our rival family, and I can't have this botched." A fair request, she figured. "Any questions thus far hun?"

• ★ ★ ★ The ghost of a smirk crossed over the maw of the murderer as they took in the words of their client, dull violet eyes giving hr a good once-over as she introduced herself. So she was a woman of wealth, then. As if they couldn't tell by her eloquence and ability to write. And what a pretentious name she donned. Like some villainess from a book, or a film noir movie. And she thought their name was an odd one. "That won't be an issue, miss Bellaria," Haze replied, as polite and emotionless as ever. "I only half-ass it when someone doesn't hold up their end of the bargain." Which happened to be something not discussed in that intricate letter of hers. A purplish tongue flicked over the serval's black lips. "Which I trust you'll get to once you finish doling out my task."

Haze was still getting into the business of being a certified hitman, and thus, they were still getting their foot in the door when it came to clients. The idea of working for a mob boss excited the feline, more than any other task they had ever received. If this became a recurring job, as some of their clients had tended to become, this could turn out to be something great for them. Fame (or infamy), and all the beautiful pleasures of the mortal world that they could ever ask for. At least, that's what they figured it would turn out to be. So they hung onto every word that Zevara spoke, eyes fixed on her gaze. Seemed like a petty reason to want someone dead, but they were never one to judge. They had killed over weirder things. "Not a problem at all, miss. I've got venom and fire elementals. I can knock out the poor bastard and wipe him off the face of Agrelos."

"speech"

( TAGS )

• ❝ WAR WIFE ❞Haze's words were well received and it was with eagerness that the woman would place a wide grin upon her maw, truly pleased. Here was a person whom could get things done! After all, the caracal wanted the fellow who helped in killing her husband to be dealt with appropriately. And, by appropriately, she meant as aggressivly and cruelly as possible. ''But of course. I would never forget such a thing.'' the femme would purr. Thought of course, on the occasion, she had been known to skip payment. Not for good workers, oh no, but she did do as much for people whom did the job cheaply or with a lack of... proper enthusiasm.

As she continued, speaking of powers, Zev's ears would perk in interest. ''Well I'll tell ya hun I've worked with a helluva lotta people in yer field and you seem extremely qualified.'' the caracal noted, tone even but warm. She wasn`t meaning to flatter of course, but it was something that some idiots mistook. No, Zevara just liked to acknowledge skill where it was there. After all, there were so many who lacked in what they thought that they had. ''As noted, you are free to deal with him as you wish. Just don't make it quick, y'know? Think of it as an opportunity to practice whateva you`ve been wantin' to.'' Yes, seeing as this girl seemed fit for duty, there was one last thing to discuss in great detail as far as the job went. ''Now payment. For starters I'd like to offer ya somethin` on the simpler side of things. An in the moment payment I suppose. I'd like to offer you what we in the biz call a crimpouch; we used to use them as payment a lot before hand. It would include a set of silver daggers set in bone and a few vials that contain some rare poisons and ointments that can be used for some pretty nasty effects. Personal favourite. Of course, I can also toss in some fine jewellry if you're more of the bartering type with your pay.''

Oh ya, the poisons were always fun but then again, the woman supposed that most enjoyed the finely crafted daggers trademarked in her family. ''The more important thing that I`d like to offer ya is something that I feel would... benefit us both. Should you do this job right and fuck over that corkscrew good, I'd be willing to offer you a contract. Not like this one, but a binding one. I would be interesting in providing you with a permanent contract as an associate to the Bellaria family and myself. While I know you`re probably well aware of the amount of jobs this contract would entail, it also comes with protection. You`d be protected under the Bellaria name for as long as you're loyal to us.''

• ★ ★ ★ They drank up the words, mind swimming, mouth watering at the thought of what they could do to the poor sod once they got him in their clutches. Sure, their venom could knock one out, but that was only after prolonged exposure. Inject just enough into the victim, and it could cause paralysis, which would be a fun little way to watch the creature die. Burned alive, able to do nothing but watch? The thought of it sounded delicious to the murderer. "I'll most certainly take you up on that offer," they rumbled, eyes flashing with silent excitement. "I'll make sure the guy knows what he's in for." Another swipe of the tongue, and they flashed the woman a wicked smirk.

When the topic of payment resurfaced, the compliments of Haze's skill definitely did well to fed their ego, even if they would never show such a thing outwardly. Yes, of course, they knew all of these things already, from past clients and the final words of their victims, but it was still a nice thing to hear every so often. Ears pricked in subtle curiosity as Zevara described the contents of a this "crimpouch" they'd be receiving, a particular interest sparking from the descriptions of the daggers included. Finally, they thought, a reason to use that damn telekinesis they had that they'd been dying to try out. Sure, the poisons were fun as well, but they could just imagine the way they could work with those blades, with such finesse and terrifying accuracy, all with the power of their mind. At the mention of bartering, the serval replied, "No, I believe that should do wonderfully for the job." There was a new look in their eyes, an elevation from the excitement that had been in them prior. A thrill was running through them now.

Then there was the kicker, the part that Haze had been dying for her to mention from the beginning. A contract. Someone to work for, to prop them up, to help them gain in fame. Sure, they hated the idea of working under some stranger while living in a Clan, but this was different. This was a chance to roam the world in search of targets for this family, gain riches and fame for their murderous prowess. It was to die for. "It would be an honor, miss Zevara," they replied lowly, trying to contain their childish giddiness. "I certainly hope that my job for you will be considered an exemplary one." This was it. This was how they were going to get big. This was the big break.

"speech"

( TAGS )