Blood Runs Red Here But So Does The Sunset. (p)

Let's Share! has (finally) launched! Our first article is a World of Tanks Guide by Enderclaw!
  • Lindsey wasnt here to wipe his ass and kiss his cheek. Her gaze stayed cold and baring. Much like her brother's. "Im not taking you back there, but im not letting you roam around mindlessly for your next get away to death." She placed her hands on her hips. "Levi's had enough. Armando and i, we dont know the half of it but were stuck between you and him anyway. We're tired too!" There wasnt exactly a way to sugar coat this, especially with the amount of times it had happened. "I want you to go back to that ranch, that poor ranch, and i want you to think." She gladly helped him bacl to that ranch. But she sure as hell didnt move off of War ti get him inside and comfortable. "Just think." She said coldly. "About Levi, Armando, the baby, past men, the alcohol, the drugs. Hell, even me. Just think." She turned and started War off for home, hoping Levi was alright.

× × × × ×

麻木混亂

• “I have been thinking! That’s why I wanted to fucking kill myself!” Everette called after her. When he went inside, he did think. But not without intoxication. He drank himself out of house and home the next few days, but still drunkenly did everything that needed to be done around the ranch. Other than that, he just smoked and talked to himself, to Spooky, to Ezra. Anyone that would listen and put up with it.

• Levi had picked his work back up and just tried his best to move on. The baby was growing wonderfully and Lindsey was growing. She was incredibly thankful for her brother's help along the way. But she could tell he was becoming less of a bounty hunter and more of a mercenary. Just from the way he took things with the sherrif's now. He slowly tearing away what he'd involved himself with before.

× × × × ×

麻木混亂

• Everette was functioning...fine. If laying around drinking all day and smoking a pack of cigarettes every morning could be considered fine. He knew this was a punishment of some sort, but how long would it be? Didn’t they think he’d learned his lesson by now?

• Lindsey had tried, after her brother had given him chance after chance. They obviously saw no improvement. If not every one played there part, there was no use in playing the game at all. Levi was becoming his old self again. Very isolated and independent. Distant and cold. But of course, held this for the safety of Lindsey, the baby and his iwn current mental state. After being played so many times, he was beginning to fall out of tune.

× × × × ×

麻木混亂

• Eventually, Everette got tired of drinking and smoking, and began to function like a normal human being. He had the boards in the porch replaced, and was doing actual decent, non drunken work around the ranch. He still cried, though. Every single day.

• "Levi!" Lindsey had called urgently from the house. Levi narrowed his eyes and raced inside, concerned and confused. "I felt a kick!" She smiled widely, sitting up a little. "The baby...?" He asked, moving over to sit on the bed. He reached a hand out and felt along her stomach a moment. Levi's hard gaze softened when he felt the next kick. Gentle and slow.

× × × × ×

麻木混亂

• Everette wasn’t sure what to do at this point. He felt he was doing everything right now. That he’d gotten his life together finally. He just sat on the porch in a rocking chair, watching the road and rocking himself, listening to the birds chirp.

• Levi looked at her and sighed. It was times like this he missed Everette the most. He knew that he probably shouldn't, he shouldn't toy with his head like that. But this wasnt just Levi's baby. It was Everette's too. But Levi was afraid to let to let Everette back into his life. Because there was always that possibility. Even though hed put on a ring on the man, it didnt seem to keep him from moving to other men. Lindsey frowned when she noticed him start to stare off. She knew why, they both did.

× × × × ×

麻木混亂

• Everette had even tied a string around his ring finger to take the place of the ring he lost. Almost every day he’d gone into Valentine to look for it, but he’d have no such luck. But...he did spot something shiny in the grass. When he walked over to inspect it, he was so happy to see that it was his ring! He tore the string off of his finger and put it back on his finger immediately.

• "Ill go check it out...i did buy the place after all..." Levi mumbled. Lindsey nodded in understanding. "Do you need me to come with you?" Lindsey asked, rubbing her stomach. "Your far to pregnant to be riding anywhere Lin, ill be fine." She hesitated but let him go. Levi mounted up and nudged War off to the ranch, despite the usual glare smacked acriss his face his stomach was churning.

× × × × ×

麻木混亂

• The ranch was thriving now that Everette had taken initiative, and his face lit up when he finally saw Levi and War racing down the road. He covered his mouth, he didn’t think he’d ever come back to see him. “Levi?” he asked, his voice shaky.

• Ezra came running down that road before War could even set foot on the property. He barked happily, following War down the road excitedly. Levi looked across his property, a little relieved to see the state it was in. War slowed to a stop as Levi examined the area from horseback.

× × × × ×

麻木混亂

• Everette wasn’t exactly sure if Levi even wanted to talk to him, so he leaned back against the railing on the porch and waited for him to make his way up. He outstretched his arms for Levi when he came closer to him in that familiar way, like a toddler wanting to be picked up.

• Levi dismounted War carefully. He looked along the house and barn, swallowing hard. It almost felt foreign to him to come back here. He rubbed Ezra's head and his eyes caught Everette's. He took a deep breath and stepped up onto the porch, quiet.

× × × × ×

麻木混亂

• Everette kept his arms outstretched and he gave Levi a sad smile, tilting his head. He wasn’t sure if Levi wanted to return the hug, so he was going to let him come to him instead. “Baby...”

• Levi watched him and slowly walked up to him. He looked over him with sharp eyes, he caught the ring on his hand rather quickly. Just watching it a moment, kind of surprised hed kept it. He moved his gaze back to Everette's, feeling like he couldn't really speak. He'd created such a hard sheild for himself.

× × × × ×

麻木混亂

• Everette slowly put his arms down to his sides, and his gaze moved to the floor. He wasn’t sure what to say to him. Levi wouldn’t hug him, he wouldn’t speak to him. So what could he do? He bit his lip and just stared at the replaced floorboards, waiting on him to say something.

• Levi furrowed his brows a little and watched Everette's face. "Why...?" He finally asked. "Why does this keep happening?" He honestly didnt care what the answer may have been. He just wanted this all to stop.

× × × × ×

麻木混亂

• Everette shook his head and sniffled. He couldn’t even look him in the eyes. “I...don’t know...” he told him honestly. “I would never do it sober, I don’t know why I’d do it drunk...” He moved his hand to wipe a tear from his face. He shouldn’t be crying. He wasn’t the one who was done wrong. “...how did you know what happened?”