WALKING ON RIVERS (open, joining)

Let's Share! has (finally) launched! Our first article is a World of Tanks Guide by Enderclaw!
  • ✦ ✧ ✦ it had been so long since she'd seen any of her family. they'd all parted ways- starting with the younger siblings. wolfsbane had left before her. she'd stayed with liverpool for as long as possible, hating herself for following him, but dreading to leave him and go off on her own. she hadn't known what to do when her father had finally abandoned her. she'd woken and he was gone. she'd been alone.

she'd never been alone.

one of her brothers was always with her when she went out- she didn't know how to fight for herself, and only knew a basic hunters crouch that she'd picked up by watching wolfsbane. when her father left, she'd been alone for the first time in her life.

she didn't like it.

she missed wolfs, she missed her mother. their family had been torn apart. she supposed it was time to move on. one mother was dead, her father had vowed to kill the other. she didn't know where citrine or poppy had gone, nor wolfsbane or moonwillow. so she'd started walking. by the time she reached the border, she was thin- she could barely hunt, she survived on scraps and the occasional mouse that was dumb enough to let its self be caught.

so she stood at the edge of the unknown, gazing out over the flattened windy territory. there was cat-scent here, many cats by the smell of it. her creamy fur ruffled in the breeze, and golden-hazel eyes roamed the earth, trying to catch sight of someone, anyone.

the scent hit her first... the scent of someone she thought she'd never seen again. wolfsbane had been here recently, with other cats. his scent was hard to distinguish amongst the rabbit scents, but it was there. she knew her brother's scent, she'd never forget it.

was he here?

standing at the edge of the territory, graceful kneaded the earth with her paws, anxiety making her heart race in her chest. if wolfs was here, would he welcome her back? all she wanted was to be with family again, no matter who it was.

//this is kinda crappy but whatever.

WOLFSBANE!

this is open to replies

☾*: WALKING ON EGGSHELLS —————

WHEN PUSH COMES TO SHOVE

graceful / ref / tags / trad windclan / PENNED BY lavendes

The post was edited 1 time, last by graceful ().

• Never knew loving could hurt this good, oh

✿✿✿

tags

plot

opinions

The bouncing shape of the tortie point had been interrupted by the very thing she always got distracted by. Flowers. Gorgeous little snowdrops against a bank, different from the one she had picked the ones from for her mother when she spotted a very skinny, frail looking cat. Her back rose, out of instinct. The small six moon cat, not even out of the nursery yet, was face to face with a stranger. She curled her lip, the little white spot on her nose wrinkling as her blue eyes filled with fear. With raised back, fur fluffing out and tail lashing, she looked like quite a fearful kit and she took a step back, ready to charge back to camp, face her punishment, and have her uncles deal with this cat.

A little dilute tortie paw was raised, toes as white as the petals of the snowdrops she had been observing, looking like she was either going to scream or run, both would make her appear weak so, she squeaked out, in her bravest leader voice, "W-who are you?! T-this is Windclan territory and I must ask you t-t-to leave!"

"Speech"

Not too much I still want to be me

Everyone looks the same

tags. | played by main.

• COWSPOTS OF WINDCLAN [ TAGS ]

Strangers weren't uncommon as of lately. It seemed word was growing that Eaglestar was leader of WindClan, while he had formerly been part of a rogue group that gathered among their moors. First it had been Flint, then Mousenose, and more recently Wolfsbane and his friends. Coyote, unfortunately, had been one of those among them, but luckily he'd been weeded out as someone WindClan did not want among their ranks. For the most part these cats had been accepting of their laws and customs, but Cowspots knew a few still had some issues to overcome.

However, he wasn't out hunting for strangers today. Instead, he'd been visiting the nursery to check up on Mousenose when he noticed another of her kits gone. Alarmed, yet not wanting to fret the queen until necessary, he'd left camp to follow the trail, finally nearing her location as he brushed through the grass with a huge exhale of relief. "Petalkit! Thank StarClan, your mother is going to be so-" The words died in his mouth the moment he set his hazel gaze upon Graceful, frowning softly. Curling his tail around Petalkit protectively, Cowspots realized the little kit had already asked who she was. Good on her, but given that she was still without her apprentice name, he didn't want her taking risks without training.

( father of sheeppaw, duckpaw, and goatpaw )

roleplayed by amy

• ✦ ✧ ✦ a shivering of the grasses alerted the girl to an approaching creature. tensing as she scented the air, she was surprised to see what emerged. a kit, perhaps six moons, lip curled, fur fluffed up. in all honesty, grace was probably just as scared as petalkit, especially because as soon as the words 'who are you' came out of her mouth, a tom appeared.

immediately grace stepped back, lowering her body to appear submissive. ears trembling as she looked up at him, eyes wide with both respect and, over that, clear fear. "i-i'm sor-sorry sir." her words stumbled out of her mouth and she backed up even further. "p-please don't hurt m-me, sir. i'm.. i'm l-looking for m-my brother. i s-swear. i'll find him soon." her voice was soft, stuttering as the words tumbled out.

something in the back of her head made her wonder- why wasn't this tom punishing the kit? she had clearly disobeyed, yet he wasn't yelling at her- quite the opposite. he seemed concerned for her, protective. and how had the kit gotten out in the first place? wasn't she supposed to stay in the nursery, helping her mothers?

"my name is graceful. i don't m-mean any harm." hazel eyes would flick towards his, making eye contact for one moment before hurriedly glancing away. tufted ears flicked, showing the three nicks in her ears that signified her loyalty to liverpool.

WHEN PUSH COMES TO SHOVE

His gaze softened at her discomfort. While Petalkit would certainly be in trouble upon arrival back at camp, her 'punishment' would be more chores and less fun activities for a moon. Nothing scary or horrible, but definitely not something the girl would look forward to. Nodding at Graceful's answer, he opened his jaws to give a calm, "I won't hurt you. My name is Cowspots, and you've already met our young Petalkit. It's lovely to meet you. And, if you like, I'm sure WindClan could point you in the direction of your brother. Is he a clan cat?" The feline's gaze remained steady on hers, kind and understanding. He'd once been in her fur, wondering what had happened to his brother. Granted, Cowspots's brother had been an exile, then dead, which he certainly hoped wasn't her case.

roleplayed by amy

✿✿✿

tags

plot

opinions

Just as the little kit had thought it was her who made the other cower, a familiar scent wafted over her before a tail was curled around her. She kind of, sort of looked annoyed at this notion and meowed, voice bitter and yet still soft, "I saw more flowers for Mama, Cowspots! It's the white ones that I brought her before and then I saw her at the border. I was gonna run back and tell Uncle Eaglestar before you came." She plopped down, sitting curiously with hindlegs splayed out in a goofy manner. Sure, she felt safer now that a clanmate was here, but Starclan be damned if she didn't stick around to see who this cat's brother was. From behavior Petal once displayed toward any clanmate, she had a pretty good guess but, she kept her loud mouth shut, cute little ears perking to listen to the conversations that the two were having.

When it finally seemed to dip, Petal piped up. Of course she did. "What led you to think he was here? And does he just so happen to be big, fluffy, cold, and weird? Cause, if so, I believe I know who he is." Her blue eyes blinked curiously at Graceful. This could possibly be another one of her kin, someone she wasn't directly related to but thanks to Coyote-supposed father-she had ties to Wolfsbane and all his weird family.

"Speech"

Everyone looks the same

tags. | played by main.

• ✦ ✧ ✦ the long furred molly blinked confusedly up at cowspots, brow furrowing as she tried to understand what he was saying. he was being kind to her, not brusque like she'd experienced with other toms. and the kit was allowed to speak her mind? she had snuck out, knowing it was against the rules? if grace had ever done that, she would've gotten a slap in the face and a bug fuss.

curiosity wormed it's way through her brain, but she suppressed it. what if she decided to trust this tom and he ended up just like liverpool? of course she loved her father. he had protected her and her mothers for many moons. but would this tom do all the things he had done to them? the kit spoke and her gaze flicked down to meet the young girl's, worried and anxious.

"i didn't k-know he was here until i r-reached the border. i s-smelled his scent." she told the two. "all i wanted w-was to be in a g-group again. a loner told me t-that this was a good group. i didn't know that my brother l-lived here."

ears flattening nervously, the pretty molly felt her heart patter in her chest. she wasn't good at talking to people, especially toms. usually they didn't want to hear what you had to say. so talking to this tom... cowspots, made her worried that he'd simply turn her away.

"his name is wolfsbane. do... do you know of him?"

WHEN PUSH COMES TO SHOVE

At Petalkit's indignant outburst, he cast a pointed look down at her, though it wasn't unkind. Flecks of amusement accompanied his dad-face. He wouldn't send her back on her own, for that was too dangerous, instead allowing her to remain while Graceful explained whom she had lost. It seemed Petalkit had an idea before him, making his ears perk with the notion she might just be right. Cowspots wasn't surprised to hear, either, when the stranger confirmed that Wolfsbane was her brother. Nodding, he explained, "Wolfsbane is a warrior here. Eaglestar, our leader, used to be a part of your rogue group, so I'm sure he'd like to meet you. I'll show you to camp, but on the way feel free to meet your niece Petalkit." He grinned with a bit of a smirk, motioning towards the little calico at his paws. Knowing Graceful was, in fact, family to Petalkit made him feel more comfortable around her. Both sides were probably curious about the other, so he didn't mind letting them chat on the way.

roleplayed by amy

• When Wolfsbane's life had turned into a chaotic mess and his family had fallen apart, he'd grabbed Moosecrash and Moonwillow and fled. They'd joined WindClan, reuniting with a few of their other siblings, and Wolfsbane had been left to ponder the fate of those who hadn't joined them. Settling into WindClan hadn't been as easy as he's anticipated. Moosecrash had disappeared without a trace (something Wolfsbane secretly blamed his brother's guard for) and Moonwillow had started abandoning her heritage, training with Wolfheart in the ways of the warriors.

Where Graceful had never been alone, loneliness characterized Wolfsbane now. His relationship with his remaining sisters was strained and awkward, and although he tried to provide for them as best he could, they seemed taken by the allure of Clan life. He himself was not very accepted. If things were starting to turn around, it was only because he was beginning to cave to peer pressure and conform.

Conform. Ha. As if anyone would ever look past the cat who'd cuffed a kitten, and whose brother had hit their sister when they tried to join. As if anyone would look past the fact that he'd been raised completely differently from them, and barely understood concepts that seemed clear to them. Conforming would not do much, but he'd promised to try, despite his misgivings.

He'd been on patrol when a familiar scent had floated his way, and ignoring the patrol leader's squawks, Wolfsbane had turned to follow it. As Graceful came into view, Cowspots and Petalkit already surrounding her, he broke into a run. "Grace!" His littermate, his sister. She looked frail; he frowned, ears tilting back. Of course she was weak: she must not have had anyone to take care of her recently.

"Grace," he breathed again, brushing against her. His ear flicked toward Cowspots as the other tom spoke. Eaglestar had never been part of their group, although he'd been loner born. The fact that Wolfsbane was glued to Flint had probably confused Cowspots, seeing as Flint had been one of the leader's roguemates. "I didn't think you were alive. Who's been taking care of you?"

Would he have to tell her that Coyote, their adopted brother, was dead? Wolfsbane's stomach twisted, joy dimming. That responsibility would be his, because even though these Clan cats would corrupt her as they'd corrupted Citrine and Moonwillow, he couldn't abandon her duty toward her. "You're too thin. When was the last time you ate?"

ONE FLEW EAST, ONE FLEW WEST———— ・゚✧ 」

ONE FLEW OVER THE CUCKOO'S NEST — bio

all opinions ic

join the fam?

• ✦ ✧ ✦ her niece? who's kid was she? and more importantly, why wasn't her father coming to get her now? her confused gaze flicked towards petalkit for a moment, trying to figure out who in her family she was related to.

but then a scent drifted towards her and her gaze snapped up, lighting as she saw who ran towards her. "wolfs!" joy edged her tone as he brushed against her. "oh brother..." suddenly guilt lit up in her hazel gaze, and she looked at him worriedly. "i couldn't find any of y-you. i would've c-come sooner b-but i didn't know where you went. i'm sorry." she bent her head. "i traveled with father for a few d-days but one day he left. i've been alone since then."

at his next question she bit her lip. the last time she'd ate... two days ago? she was a bad hunter, only occasionally had she been able to catch something to eat. for the past few days she'd chewed on grasses, hoping to take the edge off of the hunger. "n-not in a long while." she told him finally, eyes flicking up to meet his again. "are citrine and moonwillow here? a-and moosecrash?"

WHEN PUSH COMES TO SHOVE

• Whatever anyone else might say about Wolfsbane (and there was certainly a lot to chose from) no one could deny his devotion to his family. Fondness lit his gaze as he hovered protectively near Graceful, energy thrumming through his paws as he turned back to check that no one was sneaking up on them. They still hadn't gotten too far from the border, after all, and he couldn't be too careful when he had his sister to worry about. Graceful wasn't a firebrand like Rosebrier: she knew her place, and she knew how to avoid making the men in the family angry. For Wolfsbane, that translated into an extra layer of affection for him to express toward her.

"You were with father?" Despite himself, he shivered, guilt prickling his pelt as he realized that he was grateful for the time he'd had away from Liverpool. He was a bad son, as their mothers had knocked into him. He ought to be wishing that he'd been with Liverpool alongside her. "They're here. Citrine and Moonwillow. Rosebrier, too." He carefully avoided mentioning Moosecrash's disappearance. She'd learn about that soon enough. He didn't need to ruin the moment by bringing it up.

A thought crossed his mind. A slight frown wrapping over his ivory stained maw, Wolfsbane glanced toward Cowspots and Petalkit and asked, "Eaglestar won't try to turn her away, right? She's defenseless." Eaglestar wasn't cruel, even if he had been a bit too happy to hear that Mousenose had killed Coyote. He'd make Eagle accept Graceful, talk him into it somehow if the tom was hesitant. Grace had found her family again: Wolfsbane wouldn't let anyone come between them.

-Eaglestar-

all opinions ic

join the fam?

✿✿✿

tags

plot

opinions

Of course. Another one of her family members thanks to her jerk of a father. Her ears flattened, trying to fight that feeling of fear she still got. This female was very, very frightened by Cowspots of all cats so Petal could only imagine how she'd react to Eagle. Then Wolfsbane came down, meeting his sister and she sighed. Great. Big meanie was here. Well, she stayed quiet, letting the two converse before Wolfs addressed her and Cow. Petal wasn't... sure how Eagle would feel, but-for once-Wolfs was right. This poor girl was completely defenseless and probably couldn't hunt. She chewed on it a bit, feeling her cheek tear as she thought about it and blood softly trickle into her mouth. A horrible trait she had picked up, but, nonetheless, with blood at the corner of her mouth she meowed, "She can't fight, right? Like Poppywish couldn't at first...?" This question had to be answered, blue eyes gazing at her supposed aunt as her uncle doted on her. Petal tried to convince herself that the bitterness she felt in her throat wasn't jealousy, but, instead, anxiety. Pity for this poor girl. Well, no need to be rude, right? So, popping to her paws, the little kit got up and snipped up some snowbells, padding forward slightly with a glance at Cowspots. They were family, right? So, it wasn't like she was exactly doing anything wrong by giving them flowers, right? Right.

Once standing near her uncle, Petal laid two of the snowdrops by her aunt's paws and two by Wolfs', little tail flicking behind her as she softly meowed, "Even if she can, I'll help you with convincing Uncle Eagle in letting her stay... Family has to stick together, right?" She looked tentatively up at her uncle, looking meek and pitiful next to his hulking figure with her shorter pelt and skinny body, inherited from her mother.

"Speech"

Everyone looks the same

tags. | played by main.

• ✦ ✧ ✦ wolfs hovered beside her, and grace felt a rush of love and gratitude towards him. he was one of the only toms who she wasn't afraid of. in fact, she genuinely felt respect for him, and sisterly love. she knew her place, below him, and that made them get along well. blinking towards her brother, she turned to petal, confusion flashing in her pretty gaze.

"fight? hunt? n-no, i never learned those things. w-why would i need to? th-those are for toms to l-learn. i k-know healing though." she tilted her head, biting her lip. why would mollies learn to fight? they were nursery-dwellers, queens and healers. the toms protected them. all she-cats should know their place.

"p-poppywish is here?" she looked back at wolfsbane, a question in her eyes that she didn't know if she wanted answered. "wolfs, where is this? someone said s-something about windclan? who is eaglestar?"

WHEN PUSH COMES TO SHOVE

• Spark stood to the side of the small group, close to Cowspots, feeling rather awkward as the family reunion happened around her. So this was Wolfsbane's sister? Weird. Something about this stranger's demeanour felt ... off-putting, but the blue-eyed molly couldn't place the reason as to why. Maybe it was the comment about only toms needing to know how to hunt and fight-- it directly contrasted what she saw in WindClan, where there were many capable female warriors. The only reasons that Spark herself wasn't learning were a) that she wasn't a member of WindClan officially, and b) that she was pregnant and starting to show.

"WindClan is the name of this place. I thought it was weird at first, too. Eaglestar is the Leader in charge around here." She offered, warmth crossing her features as she explained the basics to Grace.

"A SPARK TO LIGHT THE FLAME" & TAGS

• Petalkit had grown a lot more comfortable around him since their previous conversation, but the anxiety on her face reminded Wolfsbane of the way she usually reacted to him. His tongue flicked out as the scent of her blood touched the air, eyes darkening at the sight. "Poppy still doesn't fight," he told her stiffly. For all her talk of the equality in WindClan, his former mate was happy to stay in the nursery as a kit-watcher. Perhaps Graceful would do the same.

When Petal dropped two small flowers by his paws, all Wolfsbane could hear was the memory of her sobbing voice promising never to give a meanie like him flowers. He stared at the snowdrops for a long moment, not quite sure what to do with them but strangely flattered, before blinking rapidly and glancing toward the skinny child. What had she said? Family. Right. That category included her now, and for a moment, he wasn't sure if she was referring to him or Grace. "Right," he agreed hoarsely, moving one large paw toward the tiny white flower.

Sensing Grace's confusion, he pressed against her, murmuring in her ear, "They do things wrong here." Differently, he started to correct himself, and was surprised to realize that he'd starting thinking of WindClan's division of roles less as flawed and more as misguided. "You don't have to. I'll explain it to you later."

He nearly flinched as Poppywish was brought up again, this time by Graceful. Petal didn't understand his relationship with the long-legged molly, but Graceful knew exactly what had happened. Worse, she knew how poorly Poppywish's escape had reflected on him. He didn't want her remembering his flaws. Flashing a fiery gaze at his littermate, he warned, "We're not talking about Poppy."

He glanced toward Spark as the new warrior spoke. She looked much better than she had when she'd been found by the border; despite the utter wrongness of having male healers, he couldn't deny that Fogpaw and Hawkpaw had done a good job patching her up. Shooting her a grateful smile, he pressed against Graceful again and agreed, "Just like she said. You're going to be okay here, Grace. Don't worry." She had him, and even if he wasn't quite as good as Liverpool, he'd do his best for her - and so would the rest of the Clan.

all opinions ic

join the fam?

The post was edited 1 time, last by WOLFSBANE! ().

✿✿✿

tags

plot

opinions

"She could keep Mama company in the nursery," She suggested quietly, biting her tongue as he reacted stiffly toward her. But, she couldn't ignore one thing. "It's not wrong, it's different, Wolfsbane. To us, your ways are wrong just as ours are wrong to you," She whispered as kindly and understandingly as she could, cutting blue eyes toward him. Her little shoulders squared as she smiled gently at Graceful, moving toward her new aunt with a few cautious steps, aiming to press her frail side into her. Petal smelled of milk, flowers, and soft herbs, having either spent her time in the medicine cat den watching or picking flowers to take back to the queens. The apprentice-aged kit had grown quite a bit from when her and Wolfsbane met, her feminine features sharpening with her age as her soft kit-fluff grew into a silky soft cream and white dappled with storms on her face, legs, and tail. Despite her uncle's beliefs, she was growing into a headstrong cat. She glanced at Wolfs as he pulled the flowers toward him and gently grabbed them, aiming to stand on her hind legs to push the flower between his ear and top of his head, to decorate him with this peace treaty, this final white flag of understanding before smiling softly and looking at Graceful again, blue eyes gentle and sweet as she purred comfortingly.

"Speech"

Everyone looks the same

tags. | played by main.

Cowspots quietly allowed them to reunite, listening patiently as they conversed on the way to camp. By the time they arrived, he nodded his agreement to Wolfsbane, confirming, "I'm sure Eaglestar won't have any qualms with allowing her to stay." Giving how many of their Clanmates had been former rogues, it would be awfully hypocritical. Even Cowspots himself had been taken in as an abandoned infant and raised here among their warriors.

roleplayed by amy