a delicate flower// p. melodyrose

Let's Share! has (finally) launched! Our first article is a World of Tanks Guide by Enderclaw!
Check out this announcement about a new Power Reset item being added to the Inventory Store!
  • Melodyrose<3

Shimmerkit sat in the center of camp, his paws sinking into the snow. The small tom scraped away a patch of the snow and turned to look back at the small pile of things beside him. A lot of it was flowers and plants he had found, withering away in the chill of leaf-bare. He couldn't leave them there. He'd have to put them with the rest of his stash inside the nursery, where he had been hiding interesting plants and rocks he had found around the camp.

He leaned down to sniff at the patch of earth he had uncovered, discovering a small dandelion, wilting under the snow. Shimmerkit liked dandelions. Everybody said they were weeds, and his mother had always scolded him for staring at plants, but he liked the flowers anyway. This one was yellow. Shimmerkit preferred the fluffy white ones; he liked to blow the fuzz away and bat at the seeds as they drifted off.

But this yellow one was still very nice too. He took it between his teeth and deposited it on top of his pile before turning to look around the camp. He could almost hear his mother scolding him again. But what else was he to do? He hadn't made many friends in Thunderclan yet. Everyone always seemed very busy.

shimmerkit/shimmerpaw/shimmersong [tags]

intersex [he/him]

silver lynx point siamese

played by princemonroe

• Melodyrose sighed softly as her paws sunk into the softer snow of camp as she padded through the make-shift entrance which was really more for show at this point than anything else. The sun was beginning to climb in the sky meaning the albino had to start taking care where she looked and which direction her slim body faced.

The alabaster molly dropped the skinny vole into the meager fresh-kill pile. It was bad enough it was leaf-bare, nevermind they were evicted from their old home for who knows how long, possibly forever. Mel picked her head up, eyes falling on a small male kit scuffling around in the snow. She recognized him as Shimmerkit, one of the newer additions to the nursery although she hadn't had much of a chance to speak to him.

"Those are pretty, did you find them all yourself?" Melodyrose mewed softly as she dragged her paws through the snow to stand nearby the kit, her fur blending in all too well.

"Speech"

(c)trexgirl

• Shimmerkit jumped slightly as he heard a voice, presumably speaking to him since nobody else was around. He looked up, seeing a longhaired white she-cat looking down at him and his pile of flowers. "Oh!" he mewed. "Hello! Yes, I found them all myself." He glanced down at the pile of flowers at his feet. "I know some of them are weeds, but I think they're pretty anyway. I like flowers. It's sad they die when it gets cold." He reached out with a paw and poked the dying dandelion he had dug up.

"I haven't seen you before," he meowed. "Or...maybe I have. I've only been here a few days. I really like it, but I don't know how I'm ever going to learn everyone's names.I had trouble learning the names of my neighbors back with my housefolk too. Except for Dennis. Dennis was nice to me. He's the one who told me about wild cats." He looked up at the she cat again.

"My name is Shimmerkit!" he told her.

intersex [he/him]

played by princemonroe

• "Even weeds can be beautiful." Melodyrose pointed out, sitting her rump down into the cold ground below, wrapping her long tail around her front paws, reveling in the warmth her thick tail brought. With a soft smile, the molly listened to the words of the young boy- Shimmerkit, before dipping her head in a proper greeting; "It's nice to actually speak to you, I'm Melodyrose. I don't have kits of my own but I do spend a lot of time in the nursery."

"Speech"

(c)trexgirl

• Even weeds can be beautiful. Shimmerkit paused. Mama had often referred to him as a weed, something that marred her otherwise perfect family. He didn't think she meant that he was a pretty flower like a dandelion. Shimmerkit shuffled his paws and sat down beside Melodyrose, his ears twitching as he thought. "Even me?" he asked quietly, tipping his head to the side. Mama wouldn't think so, and neither would most of his neighbors surrounding his garden back in twolegplace.

intersex [he/him]

played by princemonroe

• //mel is seriously about to hard adopt this soft boi XD

Melodyrose could practically feel her heart crack at the broken words uttered by a kit too young to have to worry about such things. She unfurled her tail and wrapped it around Shimmerkit, shuffling in the snow to press her pelt against his; "Especially you." She promised, lilac optics soft and understanding.

"Speech"

(c)trexgirl

• (he needs like 27 new moms because he. is. FRAGILE.)

Shimmerkit blinked in surprise as Melodyrose wrapped her fluffy tail around him, slightly confused by her words. Especially me? "Are you sure?" he asked. "Because Mama didn't think so. And none of my neighbors in the garden wanted to be my friends. They all whispered about me and made fun of me. Except Dennis, but everybody said Dennis had fuzz for brains. I think maybe he was my friend, but maybe he only liked me because I listened to his stories. I knew he didn't have fuzz for brains, because wild cats really are real, and now I'm a wild cat. My housefolk fed me milk and I think they liked me, but it's not the same."

intersex [he/him]

played by princemonroe

• "I am one hundred percent certain, my right paw up to Starclan." Melodyrose mewed with conviction, determined eyes shinned down on Shimmerkit. She smiled and nuzzled the tom-kit's neck with her muzzle before speaking again; "Don't worry about what they thought. They clearly couldn't see two mouse tails in front of their own noses." She chuckled, tail wrapping slightly tighter around Shimmerkit.

"Speech"

(c)trexgirl

• Shimmerkit purred as Melodyrose nuzzled him gently. Perhaps she was right. Maybe his mother and all the other house cats around his garden really were wrong. He looked up at her again. "Have you always lived in ThunderClan?" he questioned. "How do you learn everything?" She mentioned StarClan, and the kit's gaze travelled up towards the sky. "Are they really up there?" he mewed. "StarClan, I mean."

intersex [he/him]

played by princemonroe

• "I was born and raised in Thunderclan, I ended up learning a lot from my elders when I was a kit and an apprentice. I ended up being apprenticed two moons later than I should've been due to my...disability...so I had a lot of time to learn. You'll learn too, even if it seems overwhelming now." Melodyrose explained, the tip of her tail twitching as she spoke. She then contemplated his question regarding Starclan. She had to admit, it must seem quite silly from the perspective of someone who hadn't ever been a clan cat. "I certainly think they are. They've given Blackstar nine lives and my sister Heatherbloom speaks to them in her dreams."

"Speech"

(c)trexgirl

• Shimmerkit scraped his paws through the snow as Melodyrose spoke, continuing in his search for flowers. He lifted his muzzle again, sneezing from the cold snow, "Wow..." he mewed. "Nine lives. Thats a lot. Blackstar could live forever, couldn't he?"

His blue eyes grew even wider as the she-cat mentioned speaking with StarClan. "Really? What do StarClan cats talk about? I wish I could talk to StarClan too." He stood up and flopped backwards into the snow. He laid there for a moment, thinking, and then looked back up at the female beside him. "Do you think the StarClan cats could see me even when I lived with my housefolk?" he asked. "Do you think they knew I was going to be a ThunderClan cat, or did they not know until I got here?"

intersex [he/him]

played by princemonroe

• "Maybe not forever but he'll be around until he wishes to retire or goes to join our warrior ancestors in Starclan." The molly couldn't help the soft chuckle at the sweet way the clans had of saying a cat dies, she had never noticed how silly it could sound until that moment. Melodyrose thought for a moment, unsure of the answer herself since she didn't know everything about Starclan, not in as much detail as Heatherbloom and Blackstar. "Starclan knows every cat that walks in this world, knows them all by name and they guide each cat that is destined for the life of a wild cat."

"Speech"

(c)trexgirl

• Shimmerkit’s blue eyes rounded in disbelief. Every cat in the whole world? The number of cats in ThunderClan alone seemed astonishing and hard to keep track of to him, but every cat in the world? It must be really hard to keep track of all of them!

“Every cat in the whole world,” he mewed softly. So StarClan had been watching over him before he had come to the forest! The thought comforted him, the idea that perhaps this really was where he had belonged all along.

“How many cats do you think there are in the world?” he asked her, sitting up. “How does StarClan keep track of them all?”

His eyes grew even wider at his next thought. “Do you think there might be other clans far away that we don’t even know about?”

intersex [he/him]

played by princemonroe

• Melodyrose giggled softly at the kit's rapid fire questions, flicking his ear with her tail tip. "I have no doubts that there are many clans all over the forests of the world. I don't know how Starclan keeps track of them all, perhaps one day you'll be able to ask them yourself." She mewed in reassurance, as much as she wished she knew the answers to Shimmerkit's questions herself. Growing up in the clans, she never really questioned Starclan or anything that revolved around them. She knew they were there and doing all sorts of things she could never dream of while her paws walked the earth.

"Speech"

(c)trexgirl