If I don't go to Hell, when I die, I might go to Heaven || Mudpaw

Let's Share! has (finally) launched! Our first article is a World of Tanks Guide by Enderclaw!
  • It goes "hashtag, bodybag." Toe tag. Shot in the chest. —

It had been three days since his meeting with Eve. And he felt, horrible. He tried so hard to wash his pelt of her scent, of her touch. But, no matter how much muck he rolled in, how much water he stood under, how many times he groomed his pelt, he felt as though he reeked of her. Even if he knew better. And, the only way Chucky would forgive himself is if he wiped her of his memory. But she didn't deserve that.

As he thought about this, he realized he was by Skyclan's border again. He looked up, up at the clear night sky as he waited. Waited for what? For Mudpaw, of course. The stars seemed to twinkle and he wondered about the supposed ancestors that looked down at him, watched him. Were they okay with what he did? Why wouldn't they talk to him? Why couldn't he hear anything except those voices? His new cuts weren't easy to hide, having to bandage his own wounds and hide in the Junkyard from his family since being attacked by Ardent. He sighed. So much was happening and he just needed to feel the one's touch that he always felt safe with.

MUDKIT.

Chucky_and_Mudpaw.png

Screaming 'cause I’ve got it too good to cry

I put the medicine inside my head

tags. | played by || EchoEye ||.

The post was edited 1 time, last by .Chucky. ().

• mudpaw was not the one to get jealous. jealousy was a trait that was toxic and it seemed mudpaw was just as pure as fresh glacier water. her tail curled and uncurled a soft hum coming from the adventurous she as she trailed the borders, looking up at the beautifully open night sky. perfect time for a walk, as always. she seemed to walk this path so often, her scent of honey and lavender lingered, as did her paw prints in the fresh snow. her icy blue eyes shut as she followed the trail by pure muscle memory, and her nose before he paws forced her to a halt. the scent that came was oddly comforting, yet the coppery scent that followed was not. not again.. her thoughts allowed for her to quickly feel panic rise in her chest, ears pushing forward as her tongue nervously drew down her chest. there he was. her best friend. her.. only friend so to speak. she wasn't exactly the most social cat, even if she wanted to be. his fresh cuts, not yet healed with blood seeping through bandages, and the scent of thunderclan lingering. mudpaw never had a problem with the other clans, even bloodclan, but it was clear thunderclan and bloodclan did not get along.

as she approached the stargazing tom, her fluffy tail swept behind her, soft eyes settling on the seemingly broken tom. she had prayed to starclan that he would be alright. though he was not the greatest of cats, in morality standards, but he deserved to be protected just as all cats under the starry sky did. "did you get into another fight?" her soft voice finally left her throat, a slow soft and comforting laugh falling off her tongue. "you really need to be careful." she told her friend, moving to gently nudge his shoulder with her muzzle, nose twitching curiously. there was two scents from thunderclan. one was definitely his attacker, as that particular smell lingered around his cuts, but that other smell.. it seems more soft. the hormones was that of a female cat. faint, but it was there. mudpaw would show no interest in that. if chucky had a friend, or even a mate in thunderclan, who was she to say anything about it? chucky had to live his life too, and if that she cat made him happy.. then she would root for him to be so. "can I clean your wounds? they look pretty nasty, and I learned a few things from our medicine cat apprentice. "

The soft voice tore him from his thoughts, looking at her with a softness his eyes never held normally. He pressed his nose to her shoulder, smelling softly. He chuckled, blinking at her and replied, "I never start them." He twitched his ear and nodded in response to her question going to look back up at the stars, laying down carefully in the snow. The cold felt nice under his fur before he looked back at her. He purred softly, kind of nervous as he opened his mouth, "W-when youre done, you wanna watch the stars with me? J-just look at them and... tell me stories?" He felt embarrassed but, he wanted to just lay there with her, talk with her, listen to her talk.

Chucky_and_Mudpaw.png

• the soft girl nodded almost immediately, almost in doubt. "still I need you to be careful, okay? if not for yourself, for me? your best friend?" she would remind him, partially reminding herself. as she moved to take off the first bandage, she frowned at the gruesome nature, the blood scent overwhelming. she could never become a medicine cat. blood was not soemthing she wanted to look at, but for chucky, she'd do just about anything. sitting down, the girl grabbed some fresh snow, gently placing it on the wounds, just to wash them. without water, this was the closest thing she was gonna get. after a while, she grabbed the freshest of the banages, wrapping them tightly, pressing her nose to the wound ever so slightly before turning and burying herself into chucky's long fur. while he fur had been long, it was not as long as his, and he was rather warm, wasn't he? but she could still smell thunderclan on his pelt. she didn't want to ask, but the words just slipped out anyways. "did you get into a fight with a thunderclanner over a molly?" mudpaw was just concerned. that's all that laced her voice. not jealousy, not anger, just concern. she wanted chucky to be okay even though she knew he wasn't. and before they ignored their problems, she just wanted him to talk about it.

Her question made him feel sick and tears spring to his eyes. He didn't want to think about it. Didn't want to talk about it. Why did he do that? Why would he do that? He sighed, averting his eyes as guilt flickered over his features. He was quiet, trying to think of what to say as she tended to his wounds. His stomach was the worse, defensive wounds. He... he chose to lie, the words slipping almost scarily easy from his honeyed tongue, "I saw a friend of mine crying. She said it was a clanmate and so I told her I'd deal with it. The next day, I was resting by the border, what I tend to do, and he attacked me. Hit me right on the back of the head then clawed my face. I didn't kill him, but...yeah." He didn't completely lie. Just, left parts out.

Chucky_and_Mudpaw.png

• "alright," she paused, just shaking her head. she knew he was lying. she could hear the strain in his voice from having to lie to her, feeling the guilt float around in the air. she just moved to rest her head on the scarred boy's shoulder, humming slightly as she wrapped her tail around her now cold body. "I have a story for you. it's not much but it is very much true." she said, ears twitching slightly before she closed her soft eyes, opening them again, and raising her non existant brow. "a long time ago, a small kitten was abandoned on the border of a clan. she was starving, almost ragged, and shivering from anxiety. as the clan casts came to find her, the realized that she was by herself and she needed to be cared for. as she was raised, she realized that some csts thought that she was weird. different even, for having no family, and she just stuck to that. it wasnt until a moon until her apprenticeship that she met the most stunning tom kit. nice, kind,, adventurous just like her. they became good friends, and it was hard for her to realize how much she actually loved having her friend around due to her lack of love in her kithood. throughout the moons, it became more and more clear that in her clan, the tom cat wasn't accepted being around but she didnt care. she loved her friend with all her heart. and that's it. that's where it ends." she said, twitching her tail. yeah, it was more of an autobiography, but maybe perhaps chucky would guess that she was saying she loved her friend. she didn't think that it was romantically, even though it was, she just thought platonic love for her friend was good enough.

He wrapped his tail around her, gentle as if she'd shatter at his touch, his eyes touched with a soft, undiscernable emotion in them as he looked at her small shape. He was a wolf laying with a lamb, a monster who could hurt her with just a word, a predator and yet, she trusted him. It confused him and then she began to speak. He perked his ear, listening quietly as she spoke of these two characters who he couldn't help but understand were eachother. And, well, it touched him. He softly purred, picking up his head from his paws and glanced up at the stars.

"Well, now it's my turn to tell you a little story. There once was a little wolf who lived in the big scary group, his mother close to their leader and he never knew his father, only tales of how he left his mother for bigger, better adventures. One day, the little wolf was taken by a bigger, badder wolf and the bigger wolf hurt the little wolf, badly, but the little wolf got away, scared and alone. Nobody came to protect the little wolf, only him to protect himself from the big scary world. So, the little wolf became as scary as the world, thinking if he could scare it, he'd never be hurt again, could never be scared again. And as the little scary wolf became bigger, he met a little lamb. The wolf, despite what he had been taught and told himself, he couldn't bring himself to hurt the little lamb. He instead, vowed to protect and care for the little lamb, make sure nobody would ever harm her like they did him. Not even he could hurt the little lamb," He said, voice distant as he stared ahead, as if seeing the story, "But the wolf messed up. He hurt others because he was scared again and others were scared, so they hurt him. But all the wolf thought about was his little lamb, how he would lose her, hurt her because he was big, scary, and hurt others without meaning to. He never wanted to hurt his little lamb and so, he decided if he ever did, he'd find a way to hurt the world. Hurt it for turning him into something like the monster who hurt him." His voice became quiet. The story was also kind of an autobiography aswell, the way his eyes darkened, his voice dipped in pain, hurt when he made it sound like a kit story. A bad one, without a good ending and probably would never have a good ending, the sadness weighing heavily on his shoulders before he spoke up again, "But he loved his little lamb. Loved her more than the whole world and he'd shatter whole mountains for her if she asked him to. She only had but to ask." He turned his green eyes to her, blinking softly, gently as that deep, sweet emotion shown through, the emotion he noticed Caledon would get with Waspwing.

Chucky_and_Mudpaw.png

• as chucky told his story, the girl closed her tired eyes, humming and listening, before letting her ears gently push up, and her face soften. "oh, does that mean you love me?" she asked, softly chuckle coming from her, before she moved to rub her cheek across the tom's shoulder. "you have to go soon, don't you?" mudpaw asked, ears pushing down, as she shuffled her paws. she didn't want him to, but he lived in bloodclan, and she couldnt stay in the territory forever. "can you promise me something, chucky?" she said, turning her gaze to her friend. "promise me that you won't leave me? that you won't die and leave me by myself. you are my only friend chucky, and I don't know what I'd do with it you."