YOUR EYES ARE SO GREY // private

Let's Share! has (finally) launched! Our first article is a World of Tanks Guide by Enderclaw!
  • I'VE GOT A LOT TO LOSE —— 💫

From between the stands slipped the lithe, little calico who took a moment to glance left and right before she ultimately chose to go right. Her white fur was ruffled and smeared with dirt and grime--was that one blood?--spotting her soft, pelt. Grungy was a good word to describe the delicate little Walker, but when she had to fend for herself, by herself she didn't have much time to squeeze in a bath. Still, despite not having a home or any family--that she knew of, anyway--and no solid place to even lay her head at night, a smile pulled at the corners of her mouth, giving her almost the appearance of the Cheshire cat, but on a small, round-faced calico with blue eyes. There was even a bit of a bounce in her step as she poked along, stopping to sniff at various food items to be shoo'd away.

Her stomach growled and she sighed. "I'd kill for some food," she sighed, stopping a moment to lift a hind paw and scratch her ear. The pouch at her waist jingled. She didn't have to kill for food, she didn't even have to steal right now as she had plenty of coinage to buy herself something from one of the vendors (Hopscotch didn't fancy hunting around here as the only prey were rats and they were nearly as large as her and twice as fierce). There was just something about the principal of buying food, something that didn't even last. So, without much of a second thought, after she had finished scratching, her head whipped around and snagged a bratwurst from the vendor next too her and took off. Dirt-stained-white paws thundered against the ground and behind her she could hear him yelling to come back, how dare she steal, blah blah blah. The little feline ducked between the legs of larger creatures and between vendors until she was certain she was out of sight.

With a laugh, she spat the food out and looked behind her, smirk on her maw. "Eehh, you can't have that, ehhh shoo you dirty girl," she mocked and stuck her tongue out. Though it wasn't to his face, it felt just as good. Hopscotch turned back to her meal and began to gnaw away, holding one end down with one of her paws. Sweet, salty and savory victory.

BELEG WALKER.

AND YOU'RE STARTING TO BEND THE TRUTH!

cursed key off florida shore

penned by mackertibbs

• AND I'M NOT USED TO FEELING SO ENCHANTED —

He'd been searching all day, and his travels had led him here. 'What a big, shitty place,' he mused, chewing daintily on his bottom lip.

His poor sister. She must be so lonely here, among these garish colors, the air smelling of wet fur and hobo piss. He sure hated it.

'ehhh, shoo you dirty girl,' an achingly familiar voice mocked, and his baby-blue eyes flickered from side to side. "Hopscotch?" he called softly, but his voice was drowned out by the din. He focused on his sister's familiar smell, nearly drowned under the stench of road-dust and dead things.

He scoured the nearby stalls, scrutinizing every calico pelt that happened to pass by. "Hop, its me, Beleg? Your brother?" He kept his voice soft - she might be hiding from those unsavory characters across the way - almost certain she'd hear him over the surrounding noise-storm.

The feline turned a corner and nearly tripped over a diminutive calico. "Sor-" he began to apologize profusely, and saw who it was. "Hopscotch?" It was her! But was it still her? He barely recognized his dear little sister under all that grime, but she was still familiar - the shape of her ears, the wry twist of her mouth, the mocking tilt of her head. She was perfect, just the way he remembered her. He wanted to curl around her and shield her from.... whatever had happened, between then and now.

"Y-You alright?" His voice quavered.

"speaking goes here"

*:・゚✦ — COME WITH ME, INTO THE TREES

A sudden presence behind her--nearly plowing her over, even--startled the little feline, causing her to think the shop keeper had found her and was going to get double for her snide mockery. Her dirty fur bristled and she doubled in size, a yowl exploded out of her mouth as she whirled on her little muddy marshmallow paws. She landed with her back arched and maybe even spat once. She may have been small, the runt of the litter even, but she was feisty and usually went for the throat first.

"Hopscotch?" the male questioned, and she let her now saucer-sized eyes examine his face. Her multi-colored brow furrowed and her jaw dropped but he spoke first, "Y-You alright?" This wasn't anyone with ill intent toward her, and the fun-sized calico's adrenaline was finally starting to fade, clearing her mind of the fog of fight or flight. "Beleg?" she questioned, before rubbing her eyes with a paw, "What are you doing here? Yea, I'm alright, getting by mostly.. but why have you come here? It's not really safe here, you know," she rattled off as though she had just seen him last Thursday, her voice bubbly and pixie-esque just as one would imagine her voice would sound. He looked well, and for that the smaller calico was happy and her Cheshire grin returned and she turned it upward toward her brother.

penned by mackertibbs

She turned on him, and he shuffled backwards, eyes wide. Thankfully she recognized him a moment later. Her familiar grin - that wide, eerie thing that would've made him shiver with fear, had he not been used to it - was back already, and he blinked once, confused.

"I know it's not safe!" He said plaintively, shoulders slumping. "That's why I came to find you. I was worried." He leaned forward to press her into his fur, then drew back, wrinkling his nose. "You need to clean up," he all but ordered her. "I'm not hugging you until then."

Beleg suddenly had an idea. He'd take her to the Blackheart Rogues, where he'd be able to keep an eye on her. And she'd have a home! She'd never have to be this dirty again! Well, she would undoubtedly protest, but he'd thought of that.

"Hopscotch, you should come live with me! You wouldn't have to be alone anymore! I'd take care of you." Beleg turned exaggeratedly pretty blue eyes onto Hopscotch, widening them sweetly, coupled with the cutest pout he'd ever executed in his entire life. Of course, he didn't know it was that good. "Please come stay with me," he pleaded, just the way he'd done as a child. He remembered how his siblings had never been able to resist him when he asked for some favor.

Damn, Hopscotch was doomed.

"speaking goes here"

Large, equally as stunning blue eyes blinked back at him. He was worried about her? Worried about her? Hopscotch wasn't used to being told such caring things, though Beleg had always been quite blunt and open with his feelings so it shouldn't have surprised her coming from him, but she also never stopped and took a moment to think that she was an important part of someone else's life. When he moved forward, she nuzzled her nose into his fur for the briefest of moments before he recoiled, nose wrinkling at her scent.

Her jaw dropped in dismay, "Wow, Beleg, rude!" the girl said before laughing and that grin returned. She was quite dirty and smelly, but that had become a form of defense for her; and she looked down at herself just to confirm how filthy she was. Yes, she needed a bath quite badly but a decent place to do that around here was kind of hard to come by. Hopscotch narrowed her eyes on her brother, her near-twin, but that smile never faded, "You don't know what you're missing, big brudder. You'll cave, they all cave," she said playfully before he turned serious eyes on her.

Hopscotch shrunk back only a little, curious and a little worried what he had worked up. Her multi-colored brow rose in surprise when he finally blurted out his grand plan. Then came the fifth wave; the pout. Her brow stitched together as his features twisted; his eyes widened, lip protruded out and stars be damned if it wasn't her own face begging her to do whatever he had asked. Her dirty little body began to tremble, she was no match for Beleg's secret weapon. "Okay, fine! Release me," she gasped before whipping away as though his paws had been wrapped around her neck and he had been choking her of air.. It was like being entrapped in a spell and it took all her might to break free. She even panted softly, "What are the Blackheart Rogues, anyway?"

penned by mackertibbs

Her reaction to his pout was surprising - he hadn't known he still had that much persuasive power. His heart ached as he remembered how easily Turin had followed him, even when uninvited. He shook himself.

"Well.... we're a group, I guess," he began, "We live in the North of Orcadia, in the Eastern part of Whispering Pines... We keep our own safe," he continued, paraphrasing one of the many descriptions he'd heard from his fellow Rogues, "By any means necessary. Family is everything. Eh... you can see why I live there," he finished with an awkward shrug, alluding to the current situation. "The Pines can be pretty forbidding, but I like it. It's almost soothing to me. I think you might like it, too!"

He smiled suddenly, the meaning of his sister's decision sinking in."I'll have family close by," he breathed, feeling as if a heavy weight hat been lifted from his heart. Moments later, he was almost vibrating with excitement. "Come on!" he whooped joyfully, forgetting his earlier remark about her cleanliness and nudging her with his shoulder. "I'll take you there! Its uh, that way! That's the way I came! Now i can talk to you about salamanders all day if you want and I can make you some of the tea i learned to make -" He nudged her along, jabbering all the while. "I think I've already made a friend - Saorise, the leader? She's got the cutest kids ever, even if I've only met one - Diarmuid, he's really sweet - and she knows about languages, I'll have to ask her about that! Hey, we can explore the castle together, its really big, and we can section off our own area of the bunker room and talk all night about whatever we want -" Honestly, stay up all night, talking? He was beginning to sound like a teenage girl. Not that he really heard himself.

"speaking goes here"

Once she had broken eye contact with Beleg, she felt the grip around her heart begin to release. It had to be some sort of super power, either that or the rest of their litter had been so foul that Beleg needed some sort of defense against them all. Hopscotch wasn't that bad, she thought anyway, but she was probably the worst of them all, despite her adorable outward appearance. And despite her nerves, she turned her cerulean gaze back on her brother, listening as he explained the Blackheart Rogues as best he could. It was difficult, probably, considering she had put him on the spot like that, but Hopscotch knew better than to just blindly sign up for things.. like she just had.

"That doesn't sound like a bad deal," she commented with her pixie-like voice, "So everyone's friendly? Or, everyone works together, then?" she asked, though it was more verbal musing than an actual question requiring an answer. And she did understand why Beleg would choose to live with the Blackhearts, especially since he was the most family-oriented creature she knew and had ever come across. Hopscotch also had to admit that it sounded like a pretty good deal, so when her brother nudged her onward, she couldn't help that Cheshire grin from spreading across her maw and his energy flowing into her and making her bounce on her marshmallowy paws. With a hop, she took off after him, having to trot to keep up with his longer stride.

Salamanders? It had been a while since she had come across those, "Are there a lot of salamanders in the Blackheart Rogue territory?" she asked curiously. What about frogs? Ooh, she really did love the slippery, slimy things. And just like that he was onto the next subject, from salamanders to tea to friends, but she didn't care. It had been a while since Hopscotch had spent any time with family, and her littermates were her favorite, especially Beleg as he shared the same whimsy. Hopscotch just had a little blood lust thrown in, and not because she had been turned not too terribly long ago. "I don't see how she wouldn't be your friend, you're the nicest person I know, Beleg," Hopscotch commented, "Can we share a room, too?" she went on just as he did, shooting back questions as soon as he had an answer. Most probably wouldn't be able to follow one of their conversations, but she supposed that's what happened when you were born in the same litter as someone, you just come up with your own language.

penned by mackertibbs

///aaaa babies-

i'll make a thread in the BHR once I kinda. climb outta the doldrums that come with recovery from a bad cold ):

"speaking goes here"

• //sounds good! and get well soon, get your rest and drink plenty of fluids!! c:

and once you're better they can explore the castle and hunt amphibians <3

i'm going to start getting her acquainted with the bhr ;D

penned by mackertibbs