You're So Amazing!! | loner looking to join

The winner of the October game giveaway for Overwatch is: Shywolf! Congratulations!

The next giveaway is for Shadow of the Tomb Raider! Check here for more info!
  • His paws hurt. The ground beneath them was uneven and distinctly squishy, highly different to the hard concrete Pep was familiar with. Every few steps he suffered the consequences of not treading lightly enough; squelching softly, mud gripped onto his paws like it wanted to suck him in and use him as fertiliser for the abundance of plants. He was too far into this to back out now, he thought regretfully, pausing by the safety of some tall grass to scratch an itch. There were cats out here, Pep had been told, and he was beginning to think they might be as crazy as mama. A moor was a terrible place to live.

One of the moor's few good qualities, Pep decided, was being ridiculously flat. From the branches of a tree, he could see everything. As it turned out, everything was a lot of nothing, prey, nothing, cats, nothing... Cats? He perked up, pleased to have finally spotted another cat after what felt like an eternity. Pep climbed down from the tree gingerly, reluctant to get his paws damp again no matter how excited he was by this discovery. Squish. Squish, squish. He cringed, but kept his tail held high and straight in greeting as he rushed towards them at the grand pace of a snail.

• SUNPAW

NIMBLE FEET / WINDCLAN

A loner was coming right at her and she paused in surprise. What in the heavens? Woah. What has you rushing like that? She asked as she noted his painful paws moving slowly, yet with obvious purpose. I'm Sunpaw, and you are trespassing on Windclan lands. Uh.. You look like your paws hurt. I'm no medicine cat, but I can take a look. She offered. Her moss gathering long forgotten now.

speaking

THE BLOOD, THE BLOOD, THE BLOOD OF THE LAMB

IS WORTH TWO LIONS, BUT HERE I AM

tags. | played by ashinka.

• "Windclan?" Pep echoed, eyeing the small cat curiously.

His tail twitched with excitement - he was certain Sunpaw was the gateway to joining the group he was seeking. The mention of clan made him hopeful, anyway, since mama's ramblings tended to involve clans. "Thank you! I'm just tired, see? Been travelling for aaages. Looking for cats. Like you, haha!" Pep brushed over the claim he was trespassing, expecting Sunpaw to be pleased he had accepted her offer.

He doubted a kitten could do much, especially since there really wasn't anything wrong with him other than fatigue, but kittens liked feeling helpful. She was too tiny to not be a kitten, so obviously she would like it. "Hey, Sunpaw, quick question. What's Windclan?"

• SUNPAW

NIMBLE FEET / WINDCLAN

The she-cat blinked and then tilted her head. Amused by his joyful nature. The apprentice would then take note of his question. Windclan is the fastest group out there. We are strong, but built for speed. This moor is our home. I can't say for sure that you can stay, but I can always ask Jasperstar. If, well, you want to join the best clan out there! She purred in reply before shifting to hide her scarred up left flank a bit. Still regretting her choice that day. She would offer a soft hum. What's your name? She realized she had never asked.

speaking

• it seemed he always managed to arrive just a little late whenever someone was coming to the windclan borders, ivynose approaching sunpaw and the unfamiliar tom to whom she was speaking to. his fur didn't smell of anything special, just various scents mixing and melding together to create a strange muddle that screamed loner. what was he doing here? perhaps he was just passing through, due to the barn being so close that would happen quite a bit, actually. maybe he was here to join? another possibility was that he was just lost. that happened sometimes, too, but they'd at least direct those people on the correct path.

"what's happening here?" the ebony warrior asked, tilting his head ever so slightly as he watched the longer. his lips curling into a small smile, ivynose had heard sunpaw explaining what windclan was and asking for the loner's name. might as well be hospitable and introduce himself first. "i'm ivynose, this is sunpaw- unless she's already told you that? but- i mean- ah, forget it." he added sheepishly, shaking his head after he finished stumbling over his words. he needed to stop speaking faster than he thought.

저기 저 꽃잎들처럼 — 날갤 단 것처럼은 안 돼

—— 그래도 손 뻗고, 달려보고 싶어 조금 더

hub

• These cats were definitely crazy, Pep decided. Although whether they were as crazy as mama remained to be seen, the name of their apparent leader, Jasperstar, indicated they were. That was excellent news; it would have been distressing to have muddied his fur for nothing. "I'm Pep!" He introduced himself, blinking as slowly as he dared.

Pep didn't trust these strange cats, but it ought to put them at ease if they believed he did. "Hi, Ivynose! Sunpaw was just telling me about Windclan. Say, have you folks heard of a thing called Starclan? Mama always said it was important, but none of the city cats know what it is."

He neglected to mention that mama had always said it was important he didn't believe in 'that rot' and left the cats to assume whatever they wanted. It wasn't his fault if they assumed he was looking to convert to their bizarre religion that ruffled mama's fur so badly.

• SUNPAW

NIMBLE FEET / WINDCLAN

Hello Ivynose. She rumbled the greeting and then let her eyes look over at the male. After a moment, she looked back to see Pip answer. Then, he asked of Starclan. A place of peace and endless prey. Our fallen members dwell in the stars. We know of it, yes. Did you want to learn about it?

speaking

• Pep had heard plenty of bizarre things - "Be careful what you think, you silly kit! Twolegs can read your thoughts!" came to mind - but this was definitely up there. He beamed, tail and paws twitching with excitement. In his desire to appear eager, Pep stepped too hard. His left paw sank into the damp mud with a wet squelch and he grimaced. The mud was cold and highly unpleasant, but it had yet to dampen his good mood. "You're so amazing!" Pep gushed, and even he was rolling his eyes at himself, "Please, tell me!"

This was a terrible place for a story, he thought. Why couldn't these cats live somewhere more reasonable?