like we're gonna die young -- private, dutch

The winner of the October game giveaway for Overwatch is: Shywolf! Congratulations!

The next giveaway is for Shadow of the Tomb Raider! Check here for more info!
  • Too much was going on. She was convinced Bjorn was about to die, Toxin showed up but Dutch didn't come back, there was a stench of blood that shook her to her core, bringing back memories she'd really rather not. Honestly? She needed a moment to sit down and process it all. Though she didn't have time to process it. She was the leader and had to deal with this mess. Dutch didn't come back, the NPCs hadn't seen him, so she had to go find him herself. The first place she checked was the main hall, as that was on the way to his room. If Blazeheart was remembering the layout correctly. The white tom didn't seem to be there, so she would check his room next. Slowing down as she approached the door, the feline would stop to catch her breath for a minute, then would knock on his door. "Dutch? Dutch, can I come in? We need to talk." those last four words typically didn't mean anything good, but Blazeheart wasn't thinking about that right now. She wanted to help fix him up, as his injuries weren't as bad, and he would be able to explain better than the poor guy who got his brains bashed about. Hopefully, she could sort everything out well, and things wouldn't get too heated...

DUTCH.

whoops my signature decided to be mean so you get a line of text instead >:)

• 「 i can't fight my own nature — that's the paradox 」

Dutch hissed slightly as he licked the wound, cleaning it. He needed supplies... he hadn't thought to get any when he had stopped by Toxin's place. Stupid move.... Hosea wouldnt have forgotten. Neither would have Arthur. But neither of them were here now, and he was forced to struggle with just a regular wound that was slowly killing him.

When Blaze showed up at his door, however, the ex-leader would stiffen, almost mistaking her for Molly before shaking his head, turning his back to the door and wrapping his tail around his paws to hide the bite.

"Nobody's stoppin ya." He grumbled, lifting his head a little bit higher. That was him inviting her in. Mainly because nobody actually WAS stopping her.

TAGS

I PACK A LITTLE PISTOL —

— ON MY PISTOL BELT

• Unluckily for him, she had seen him limp a bit when he walked off, so she knew something was up. The feline was releived when he didn't deny her entry, and she gently opened the door to peer in. Hopefully he didn't have anything... weird in his room. Thats not what they were there for. Looking at the tom, she saw him sitting straight up, a little bit of red on his pelt but nothing visible showing an injury, as he had his leg covered. The ginger feline walked in and sat down near him, eyes filled with concern and th conflict filling her head. Her eyes were the thing she could not control, they displayed everything she was feeling. Her nonverbal sign you could always count on. The shecat tried to make eye contact with Dutch, though she had no idea how successful she'd be. "First of all, are you ok? Do you have any injuries? Anything that needs to be looked at?" she started. Physical health was first and foremost on her mind, making sure it was as good as it could be and continued to stay that way. It was good the two were separated for now, as they couldn't beat each other up more. They'd need to get along with each other soon, but for now she felt it best to keep them apart. Her eyes would scan the tom up and down, looking for anything that may signify something that needs to be looked at.

"Nothin' that'll kill me." Dutch grunted, refusing eye contact to instead turn and lap at his bite mark, hackles raising. He shot her a glare, warding her off as he tended to the bite, snarling under his breath.

"He's a rat. You can't trust him." He grumbled, referring to Bjorn as he looked at her now, annoyance and frustration in his eyes. But no guilt. Not a single bit of remorse showed; probably because he either hid it or well or didn't feel it.

TAGS

I PACK A LITTLE PISTOL —

— ON MY PISTOL BELT

• A small frown formed on her face that she had tried to keep neutral. This wasn't a good reaction. Medicine Cat days had already flooded her mind, and tactics to get cats to agree to let her help them. Dutch would be a harder egg to crack though. He was more stubborn, more prideful, or at least that was the impression he gave. She made her tone as gentle as possible, almost motherly, to speak to him. "I know how to heal, I can help. May I see your leg?" Blaze heart spoke. His injuries weren't life threatening, so she had the time to do things like this. Luckily she had done this many times over in the past, or she would not be this collected right now. Medicine cat training was surprisingly helpful for leadership. If Bloomingskies hadn't chosen her as her apprentice she'd probably be freaking out, throwing accusations and acting on impulse. Interesting idea to ponder, but now was not the time for that. Now was time to focus on Dutch and getting him the help he needed.

The hesitation there was strong. "I thought you came to talk, Miss Blaze." He spat the two words out with a mild hatred, the respect behind them managing to disappear as he shuffled a bit further away from her. He dropped his head, defensive. He wasn't confident. Uncomfortable and scared; oh how his busy language betrayed him! His tail flicked aggressively as he awaited her answer, thinking to himself. She was here to talk, not screw around with his wound. He was waiting for an exile to come, honestly. Not that he would care; hes been on the run his whole life.

TAGS

I PACK A LITTLE PISTOL —

— ON MY PISTOL BELT

• The tone of voice he held was almost to be expected, and he did have a point. Though Blazeheart had a defense. He seemed incredibly defensive and almost hostile, almost untrusting. She almost couldn't blame him, but she also couldn't really see his point of view. She hadn't really done anything to gain trust, but she hadn't done anything to loose trust either. Personally, Blazeheart trusted until there was a reason not to. They must be different there. Anyways, her defense. "Well, I want to make sure you're ok too. Health comes first, you need to be in good shape and comfortable before we can have a proper, civil talk."the feline spoke, keeping her tone the same it had been. "Also, you don't have to call me Miss Blaze if you don't want to." she decided to add. At first she saw it as chosen manners, but his attitude behind them this last time made it almost seem like he felt he didn't have a choice but to call her that. At least the way she saw it. They wouldn't get very far in the type of conversation she wanted to have if he was acting like this.

The old tom studied her for a bit longer before sighing, shifting a bit to expose the bite to her. Bjorn had gotten him good; the boy had a sharp bite, he knew, but he wouldn't dare show it hurt. He was Dutch Van der Linde! Wounds weren't supposed to be a problem. He kept himself tense, studying the fiery pelted she-cat as he flicked his tail.

"Work your magic." He grumbled, leaving out 'Miss Blaze.' He would've added it in any other situation, but for now, the tom was almost trying to spite her. Like he knew that no matter what happened he would be blamed for Bjorn picking a fight he couldn't win. Dutch had even tried to leave the argument! His hackles fluffed up at the thought, his ears disappearing into the fur on his skull as he grinded his jaw.

TAGS

I PACK A LITTLE PISTOL —

— ON MY PISTOL BELT