here already | o; birth

The winner of the October game giveaway for Overwatch is: Shywolf! Congratulations!

The next giveaway is for Shadow of the Tomb Raider! Check here for more info!
  • Nightfright

PUT THIS BROKEN DOLL BACK ON THE SHELF

It had been an ordinary evening for the young queen, watching the sun set through the leaves of the nursery. After everything that had happened recently, she'd been rather frightened of bringing this litter into her world. She feared being ousted by the clan and her kits growing up without a mother, but as her pregnancy continued to advance without complication, Nightfright figured it was Starclan's will that this litter be born here in Shadowclan.

As the protective molly herded some of the straying kits back to their mothers, a pang of pain ripped her her middle and up her spine. Groaning softly, she made her way to nest, the kicking in her belly not helping the pain one bit. However unlike before, these pains didn't stop and in fact only got worse. Soon she could no longer get up as the contractions advanced, the queen had just barely managed to send an NPC for Icefeather Hanakosong and sent a silent prayer to Starclan that the medicine cat made it in time to help her.

"Speech"

☾*: BLOOD, SWEAT, I'LL BREAK MY BONES 'TIL MY SCARS BLEED GOLDEN

SHADOWCLAN / 24 MOONS / SHE-CAT / QUEEN / PLOT / TAGS / PENNED BY LUNA

• MELODYKIT ;;

-----> Melodykit blinked, looking back as the queen whom had herded her back into the nursery suddenly doubled over in pain. Having never experienced a birthing before, Mel fought back panic that the woman was dying! “Miss? How can I help?” Dee asked, trying to sound chill and confident like always, but there was no mistaking the tremble in her voice

" SPEECH "

(c)trexgirl

*:・゚✦ Why I see her dancing light

WHY HER EYES STILL SCORCH MY SOUL!*:・゚✦

— Trad.Shadowclan | Kitten | TAGS| Plots| Antiigone —

• -- cloverpaw

Cloverpaw arrived just outside the nursery, hearing news that her mentor was kitting. She peered inside, seeing Melodykit already questioning the black molly, and smiled. "Perhaps, Melodykit, you could come with me to get some soaked moss." Cloverpaw suggested, knowing already that Nightfright would be needed some and it was quite hard for one medicine cat to carry everything, so they could always benefit from more.

• sorrelfire

traditional shadowclan deputy

the news of her sister birthing made sorrelfire rush back to camp. throwing her kill onto the fresh-prey pile, she made her way quickly to the nursery. "good idea, cloverpaw. dee, could you go with her?" she was trying to stay calm for nightfright's sake. "npc is getting icefeather." moving into the nursery, she sat next to the kitting queen, worry and nervousness in her eyes. would her sister have a miscarriage like noeyes?

(c)trexgirl

☾*: WE'RE NOT BRUSED —————

THEY'RE JUST PARTY TATTOOS

sorrelfire / litter / tags / trad shc deputy / PENNED BY lavendes

• tenor.gif?itemid=11043092

If we’re gonna stand, we stand as giants. If we’re gonna Walk, we walk as LIONS

LionKit / Trad. ShadowClan / ♂/ 8 moons/ tags & information

*:・゚✦ Nightfright was kitting already?? The blind tom padded curiously towards the nursery, absently grabbing a stick along the way. Won’t she be needing this for when her pains come? He mewed around it. 

"Speech."

• Looking up from her nest in the nursery, Briarthorn watched, knowing the pain the kitting queen was in. She didn't seem to be having as many kits as Briar had birthed, but she knew the pain was still there. She nodded to Lionkit. "Yes, Lionkit, that will help. Good job." She turned to shift towards Nightfright, licking the top of her head to comfort her. "Bite down on this stick Lionkit is bringing. Take deep breaths."

""

「 BRING ON ALL THE PRETENDERS ———— ・゚✧ 」

one day we will be remembered — tags

• // track

" SCORPIONKIT "

SO PLEASE DON'T SAY YOU LOVE ME, CAUSE I MIGHT NOT SAY IT BACK,

DOESN'T MEAN MY HEART STOPS SKIPPING WHEN

YOU LOOK AT ME LIKE THAT

storage. | AKLM | plots.

cisgender male + three months + shadowclan kit + asexual greyromantic, no gender preference

easy in battle + lionflame x nightfright, raised by cricketpaw & nightfright + polydactyl maine coon mix + goes by "scorp" or "scorpion" + attacks in bold

• ✧ // but i made it with you next to me

Rushing into the nursery after being summoned for a kitting, Icefeather immediately set to work. She placed some borage and raspberry leaves down in front of the queen and nudged them towards her maw, indicating that she should eat them. Noting that there was already a stick in place for her to bite down on throughout the kitting, the medicine cat nodded before moving on. Placing a practiced paw on Nightfright's belly, she waited until she could feel proper contractions. When a strong enough contraction rippled underneath her paw, Icefeather signaled that the queen should push with it by applying slight pressure to the queen's side.

speaking thoughts

• Nightfright

Nightfright's ears swivled as she listened to Melodykit fussing over her before being taken by Cloverpaw. The queen leaned into the comforting licks from Briarthorn and taking comfort in the presence of her sister as she bit down hard on the stick brought by Lionkit.

The queen was relieved when she heard the familiar voice of Icefeather. She released the stick only long enough to eat the herbs given to her before taking it once more in her maw. She waited until she felt the soft pressure from the medicine cat and she pushed with everything she had. Swiftly, her first kit was born; a small brown tabby male, his soft green eyes sealed away for the time being.

"Speech"

• Leechhiss cringed at that so familiar, overwhelming scent of birth and coppery blood, eyes peeling open from how they'd been wishing the scene away.

"Yeah, ah'know I've been through this myself but — wowza, it never does get much better, does it?" The queen said, sourly, though a pang of sympathy tore through her. She scuttled closer, despite the clear look of disgust painting gaunt features, landing a tentative paw on the side of Nightfright's belly, worn toes drawing circles with a slight pressure; a feeble attempt at quelling the overarching pain she knew first-hand the birthing she-cat was experiencing.

• ✧ // but i made it with you next to me

// just heads up! icefeather is mute now and hasn't spoke yet

Icefeather kept her paw in place as she leaned over the laboring queen to peer down at the first kit. Glancing up, her indigo hues locked onto Leechhiss. Unable to speak, Icefeather glanced from Leechhiss to the little kit frantically, trying to indicate that someone needed to free the kit from the birthing sac and start warming the little one up. She would do it herself, but Icefeather was still needed to at Nightfright's side to make sure she was doing alright.

speaking thoughts

*:・゚✦ Quiet aside from the laboring queen. What was Icefeather doing? He padded forward, feeling a warm wetness at his paws. He bent down to sniff at it, nearly cringing at the scent of blood. Feeling a squirming, he figured this must be a kit, and it must not have been saved from the warm liquid it was encased in.

Why wasn’t Icefeather doing her job?!? The tom kit nipped at the sac, the kit tumbling forth from it. He snatches it closer to him with a purr, smothering it’s form with licks to help it warm up. 

"Speech."

• As soon as he was 'free' Scorp would squeal loudly, practically right into Lionkits ear. He was yet to be named, but already some part of him knew that he would be scorpion-something, just as his distinct appearance dictated. Black paws, a crooked black tail tip... sandy fur - really, there was hardly anything else he could be. Mewling pitifully, he'd nuzzle into the closest source of warmth - which of course, happened to be lionkit, since the child seemed to have taken it upon himself to help with this kitting.

// fancypost wasn't finished yet so i'll probably edit it in later. also, i feel like scorp will try and become best friends with lion if he finds out he helped with his birth, considering Scorp's sense of loyalty and values

" SCORPIONKIT "

SO PLEASE DON'T SAY YOU LOVE ME, CAUSE I MIGHT NOT SAY IT BACK,

DOESN'T MEAN MY HEART STOPS SKIPPING WHEN

YOU LOOK AT ME LIKE THAT

storage. | AKLM | plots.

cisgender male + three months + shadowclan kit + asexual greyromantic, no gender preference

easy in battle + lionflame x nightfright, raised by cricketpaw & nightfright + polydactyl maine coon mix + goes by "scorp" or "scorpion" + attacks in bold

• Nightfright

As much as she wished to be the one tending to her kit, the ripples in her belly reminded her that she wasn't done yet. Soon, the next two kits were born. They were much larger than their firstborn brother. One was a black tabby like his mother, the other silver and black with distinct tabby markings.

Nightfright was so caught up in her sons that as the pain began to ease, she didn't notice the final kit to be born. A tiny female, much smaller than the first kit born but unlike him, she was silent. No movement and no sound came from the underdeveloped female; it was likely all the stress over the last moon of her pregnancy that caused her body to internally reject the fourth kitten, but there would never be any way to know for sure.

"Speech"

• MELODYKIT ;;

-----> oh gross oh gross oh GROSS!

Dee knew that there was very little - if anything at all - better than kits. At least, that’s what every queen told her. But all Melody could think as she bounded back into the den - mouth full of wet moss - was simply -

GROSS!

Blood and placenta and ugh who knows what else stained the nursery floor. The sounds of squealing kits, scent of blood and pain, and just the overall atmosphere of strain and stress was not at all Mel’s style!

But she pushed onward anyway.

Dropping the moss at Night’s feet, she leaped in shock when the next kit - the tiniest one - arrived.

She swallows nervously, cursed her good heart, and rushed forward.

Following Lionkit’s lead she bites the sac - oh GROSS- and began to lick the kit clean and dry - gross gross gross!

But as she wiped away the grossness from the kittens face, and Mel saw the little eyes and button nose...

Well...

Maybe kittens weren’t all THAT gross.

Still though, it wasn’t moving. She looked over at Ice, pale eyes wide with fear. Had Mel messed up?

" SPEECH "

(c)trexgirl

*:・゚✦ Why I see her dancing light

WHY HER EYES STILL SCORCH MY SOUL!*:・゚✦

— Trad.Shadowclan | Kitten | TAGS| Plots| Antiigone —

• With a begrudging grumble — really, she'd hoped to never have to do this again — Leechhiss aided the younger cats in freeing the newborns from their gooey safe havens. The work was worth it's effort, though, as each kitten was freed and cleared of viscera, their shut-eye wriggling beginning with squeals of discomfort.

*:・゚✦ If it sounded loud to them, imagine it ten times worse with his hearing. The kitten squealed loud, and his ringing ears snapped backward to his skull.

The irritation was quickly forgotten as the tiny thing burrowed into his fur for warmth. He dimly noted others had arrived and were helping take care of the other kits.  

"Speech."

• -- cloverpaw

Returning as well with wet moss, Cloverpaw set it down gently by her mentor. She looked at the last kit that Melody was tending to at the moment and felt her heart drop. The corners of her mouth pulled back as she knew someone had to break the bad news.

"Nightfright, I'm so sorry. The last kit... she's..." the apprentice said, stumbling over her words, feeling worse by the second. "Stillborn. She didn't make it." Cloverpaw managed to get out after a moment, sympathetic looks to both Nightfright and Melodykit who was tending to the small bundle of fur.