a confession of obsession | [Softvelvet]

The winner of the October game giveaway for Overwatch is: Shywolf! Congratulations!

The next giveaway is for Shadow of the Tomb Raider! Check here for more info!
  • IT'S GOING DOWN FURTHER THAN FEMURS—

As the first step was taken on their side of town, he knew what he was in for.

Not once, but twice has the Exiles cause harmed to a child who lost everyone. Twice they hindered his ability to rebuild and grown, and it showed so blantanly it hurt. Tinkertoy hadn't even reached apprentice age yet! So the midnightbringer was here to bring a very sharp message, waiting in the trees for an opprotunity. Hopefully he'd find his prey quickly, it would be fast and Bravo wasn't going to play fair. The Exiles surely haven't.

There was a pang of guilt though, Bassie's voice in his ears reminding him of the request to be calm and alert. In a way, the male could rationalize that he was doing both but that wasn't the only meaning to her words and he knew it. He'd take the punishment later, it'd be worth it all.

SOFTVELVET.  

I ask what's it worth?

( so I seek the Old Earth )

( ✪ ) bravo amoux harbringer ( ✪ ) pm for plot ( ✪ )

• — Softvelvet had returned to the Exiles after dealing with some very important things over in the Dark Dynasty and so, he wasn't doing anything in particular as he wandered about his own home, thinking himself to be perfectly safe in his home. Of course, ironically, he wasn't, for he was unsuspecting of the vengeful brute that hid from him directly above. The catsune hums quietly to himself, as if without a care in the world, truly, truly unsuspecting.

Would he not be a victim here as well if Bravo carried out whatever he was to do? His prank had been an harmless one, given that the student had probably itched his skin until it was blistering and red, but it had mostly been for fun. The other was merely acting as if he were the boy's overprotective mother, ready to pounce upon those who even lingered in their area for a moment too long. Unfortunately for Softvelvet, Bravo had already made up his mind.

Long legs carried the beauteous Gravedigger forth, elegance in his swift walk as he headed nowhere in particular. His mind was nowhere, really, and he dazed off wondering if he should find an hot spring in this canyon to warm up in. That would be a nice way to end the day, wouldn't it?

OUTRUNNING KARMA, THAT BOY IS SUCH A CHARMER.

( the dark dynasty + the exiles \ imperial emperor + gravedigger \ penned by yakan )

How pleasing it was to see his target in sight, so unsuspecting. A wicked grin grew on his face, instincts from days long past came rushing back. The truth was he was sick, an illness ravaged not his body but his mind, where obsessions runs rampant and dramatics were his fix. So while this was for Tinkertoy, it was also for him. The tensions, the war, the freedom to be violent, the serval fed off of these and he was starving.

Without a sound, he'd leap from his perch with the intention of slamming his outstretched paws full of deadly talons into the catsune. The branch above would move, rustling the leaves near by, but it would be too late to warn the average warrior. Successful or not, the male would laugh softly as his grin grew to a manic smile. Pearly white teeth would be revealed, and his gaze locked on the other, parts of his mind slipped away as his emotions ran high. Perhaps he should've stayed back, but the Bravo that would've cared was no longer to be seen. No, Softvelvet had a feral creature on his hands now.

I ask what's it worth?

• — The shake of a branch immediately garners the catsune's attention as vermilion eyes flash up to glance above him, white pupils narrowing into thin disks as he realizes a moment too late that he was in terrible danger. He hadn't much time to react, wings flaring out in preparation to take off immediately, but he reacted much too late.

Bravo's much larger form comes crashing into him, knocking the breath out of the Gravedigger as he's shoved into the ground. His head smacks against the sediment, the impact dizzying as he frantically tries to register what the hell was happening. Tears are quick to bubble up in the corners of his eyes. Who was doing this? Why were they doing this? The stench of Shadow Veil quickly makes him realize just what the hell was happening, and he fixes his glare on Bravo with an nasty snarl quick to replace the teary eyed surprise that had settled on his features moments ago. "You." He hisses lowly, loathing quick to slip into his usually honey sweet voice as he struggles under Bravo. He remembers faintly of what the dark furred servaline said to him as he was departing and a smirk enveloped on sugary traitorous lips. "Are you really that bitter over an harmless little prank? Dear lord, the Veil are more inane than I thought."

He was talking shit when he should be fighting back, that was because he had an brilliant plan already hatching within his manipulative mind. Bravo doesn't know it yet, but he intended to use his unbridled anger against himself. Sofie awaits a response, tensely, he knows this is going to hurt and going to hurt bad but he'll do anything so long as he's in the spotlight.

( the dark dynasty + the exiles \ imperial emperor + gravedigger \ penned by yakan )

//any injuries in particular? anything i should avoid doing?
    "Or maybe I enjoy murder." The serval responded in a low growl, his eyes lighting up at being called insane. The sanity of the Veil was there, it was new and budding so no one acknowledged it as it grew, but it surely didn't lie with this creature. Years and years of being raised in the Ruins under the greats could ruin a person, in Bravo's case it broke his psyche without anyone every noticing. After all what's a blooming murder and a hothead to a group know for leaving broken and rotting corpses at their borders? "Don't mistake me for my clanmates." The serval added in short burst of clarity, knowing few if any in his clan acted as reckless and violent as he could.

Reeling a paw back, the first move wouldn't draw blood so much as silence his prey. Bravo aimed a rather harsh blow to Soft's jaws, intending on breaking them but hoping at least to stun the Exiler. No more words, no more sounds, he didn't want to harm anyone else in this moment. The Midnightbringer only wanted one, the quiet fear of becoming a failed one man army lingering in his mind. If he had known prior how poorly this would've end up going, Bravo wouldn't have dared. Alas, even in his age now the rash decision making never ceased.

I ask what's it worth?

• — Whatever was this guy going on about? He'd insulted their intelligence and then he shoots back at him with something irrelevant. Seemed like his observation was revealed some sort of truth to the rampant idiocy of the Shadow Veil. Softvelvet merely scoffs at Bravo, though the snort of laughter was cut brief as his assailant's paw slammed into his jaw. It certainly popped painfully, but it didn't break. Tears burst forth in his eyes as he lets out a muffled yelp, biting down upon rosy lips. A seething glare is sent Bravo's way and, without a doubt, Sofie was convinced he could ruin this fucker and the image of the Veil simultaneously.

He lays, dazed, and moderately aware of what was happening. Poor, helpless him was trapped under an unforgiving brute. He wonders, faintly, if he'd even make it out alive? He wasn't very concerned about dying, knowing who and what he was. An angel couldn't die - they'll only be reborn. Or, at least that's what his father had told him as he grew up. It wasn't anything short of the truth, however. He could die, he just wouldn't stay dead, technically. Bravo can try what he'd like. Softvelvet doubts he'd get very far after what's done here.

/ just don't kill him, i guess !! bravo can break his wing and give him lots of cuts, lacerations, and all of that fun stuff. no serious maiming either :^))

//okay!!

At the yelp, he'd shush the male with a sickening sweetness before bringing down the paw again but this time directed to his wings. "That's for your mouth." The serval snarled, slowly lifting himself from the half crouch he had landed in and stepped of Soft. It mattered little to him if the catsune tried to stand or not, as another swift kick was aimed to his ribs. "That's for my clan." He was seething with something.. Not hatred but something more sinister. Ebony lips pulled back from pearly canines as his jaws parted, a faint minty smell wafting out slowly. Lunging forward, Bravo went for the throat not so he could kill but to use his unnatural strength to shake the poor creature before tossing Soft toward the very tree he had hid on. "And that, is for Tink."

The reality of it all was that they were all in anti-groups, the villains made of murderers and immoral. Was he insane? Probably. Was Soft deserving of this? Who knew.

I ask what's it worth?

• — The beating was heavy and yet, somehow, it wasn't the worse pain he had endured. During his and his father's sparring matches, he would get his ass frequently beat to the point where he could hardly walk afterwards. He had to perfect his combat or else he'd end up like this. It was funny how he was back under the paw of someone else who wasn't his father and it made him despise Bravo all the more as the other slammed his paw down upon his fragile wing, shattering its bone, rendering it useless.

The weight Bravo had used to push him down was lifted and Sofie barely managed to roll onto his paws before a sharp kick was landed right in his ribs. He felt the bone crack, heard it, and the agony that ensured was horrible. He tells himself this was not as bad as the other times and so he grits his teeth as blood pools in his mouth, dribbling down his chin and tainted his beautiful ivory and gold fur scarlet. Wheezing painfully, Softvelvet simply froze when he was Bravo lunge for him, jaws wide, ready to clamp down and rip his throat out.

Ah, but it didn't come. The jaws clamped down on his throat and he felt himself being lifted and thrown. Impact was quick, his light body hitting hard against the rough bark of the pine tree. He scratched up his skin, drawing blood, and he falls to the ground in a pitiful, broken lump of white and gold fur. He lifts his head slowly, jaws aching as he parts his lips to spit a glob of blood and saliva right at Bravo, somehow still finding the courage to bring about a snarky comment. "Are you... done with your shitty temper tantrum yet, hun?" He drawls, exhausted, but a wheezing laugh leaves him as pain comes crashing upon him in waves.

//I can make this open now if you'd like?

Was he done? By now the insanity left his eyes, his fur laid flat and his composure collected. Coppery optics glared, burning with a cold indifference, their gaze adverting only to watch the blood spat at him land on his scarred cheek. Even now, Soft could make snarky comments despite the fact this time the catsune had been outmatched. Bravo could only admire, momentarily reminiscing on days long past. There was more he could do, quite easily he was sure. Was he?

"Yeah." The Irishman replied, his voice uncharacteristically tone-less. "Next time, it'll be fair." With that, he'd turn away. Anymore and he knew he wouldn't stop. The message was given, received was questionable but it didn't matter. Now he could be calm, now he'd be alert, and that's what he needed. Pausing only for a moment, he'd give a slight glance back. "Good luck." He'd murmur before he was up another tree and gone.

I ask what's it worth?

• — Nothing more came, and Softvelvet found in that moment where Bravo didn't proceed in hurting him any further, found the time to get back onto his paws. However, he didn't step forth to retaliate. He merely held his position, tails sweeping low behind him as he cautiously watched the serval. He says something about how this would be fair the next time - if there was a next time. Softvelvet didn't exactly intend on playing fair himself after this. No, fairness would be thrown right out the window, and the catsune hardly responds when the ebony servaline wishes him "good luck."

"I should be the one saying that." Mutters he in a voice so low, one could probably mistake it for the wind simply whispering through the trees. Painfully, he turns away once he was sure Bravo had left their home, reluctantly starting the trek homeward.

/ it's fine !! i'm going to make a different thread <3