GONE | p, marcus

The winner of the October game giveaway for Overwatch is: Shywolf! Congratulations!

The next giveaway is for Shadow of the Tomb Raider! Check here for more info!
  • Ashkit did her best to abide by the rules, but one couldn't blame a curious young kit for wanting to answer the call of the forest. The queens and their kits were asleep. Warriors and apprentices were on patrol. No one appeared to be watching, so how easy would it be for her to sneak out for just a quick look around? Don't... you know better, she tried to scold herself. If Ryecatcher found out what she had done, he'd be furious with her, but as the saying went - curiosity killed the cat.

Ashkit squeezed out of the nursery entrance and slowly padded towards the camp exit. With a glance over her shoulder, it appeared no one was watching, so out she snuck into the quiet woods, eyes taking in all of the wonderful sights a young, impressionable kit could take in for herself. It was such a shame she would have to wait two more moons to see the forest on a regular occasion. This place was beautiful!

INFORMATION

TAKE ME BACK WHEN I BELIEVED

( back when i was unafraid just like a thief )

riverclan apprentice + female + 6 moons + played by vespertine

• Marcus had been pouncing after a particularly mobile frog for a while now. He caught it several times, but released it only to begin the chase once more. The frog led him to an icy river where the smell of fish hangs in the air. We wonder if the so called Riverclan resides here. That would make sense. Yes. Marcus' suspicions are confirmed when he notices a small bluish-grey ball making its way through the brush. How curious. Surely there must be another cat near by? No. This kit is alone. Interesting. Do we see how similar the kitten looks to us? Yes we do. Could it be? Yes it is. It cant be. Is that our child? We must know. Marcus stalks the kit from a distance, making sure to stay out of direct line of sight.

• Ashkit squeezed through the dying underbrush, her tiny paws sinking into the snow as she padded along through the maze of trees and forest foliage. Blue eyes carefully surveyed her surroundings, a bright smile appearing on her maw as she explored, knowing that soon she should head back to avoid her absence being detected. She had seen enough to satisfy her curiousity, so the kitten turned around to head the way she came when suddenly... she felt as though she wasn't alone, like she was being watched. Unease settled within her and the kit frowned, ears perked and eyes alert. "H-Hello?" she called into the quiet forest. "Is... is someone there?"

INFORMATION

• Marcus pushes his way through the foliage, sending peaceful snowflakes scattering to the ground. Theres no need to be nervous child. Do you not recognize me? Your own father? Marcus lets his words sink in as he circles the kit, taking in just how similar they are. There is no way this is just a coincidence. What about the white on its nose? Its mother was just the same. Was she? Yes. We're certain. This is our long lost child. We must take them back to bloodclan... no they would kill it. We have to bring them back. We must protect it. I know I havent been a part of your life, no amount of apology would be enough.

• Ashkit jumped back in shock when a strange tom smelling the way Beeflight had smelled when he had returned from BloodClan appeared before her. She haunched over in fear and shivered, tucking her tail between her legs. “You’re not my father,” she said, voice quivering. “My father is named Ryecatcher.” She didn’t know it, but the tom was only her adopted father. Her real father was either Morningfrost or Frogleap of WindClan. Her half-siblings might have been half-BloodClan, but she knew for a fact that she was not. “What are you doing on RiverClan land?” she asked Marcus, trying to appear fearless but failing miserably. She trembled as she spoke.

INFORMATION

• Marcus stops his circling and plants himself firmly onto the ground. Ryecatcher. Who is this imposter? Who is this false father. We must kill him. In time. Yes. This Ryecatcher is not your father young one. I come from bloodclan, recently joined. Though I'm starting to regret it, the cats there are horrible... but theres a cat there thats caught my eye. Love is a very strong motivator. Marcus cringes a little at the use of the word love. This is the first time he admitted to himself how he felt about Luna. Its my love for you that keeps me here, much like my love for Luna that keeps me in bloodclan. You need not be afraid my child. I wont hurt you. I intend to bring you back with me, not into bloodclan but near so i can raise you and keep you safe. Marcus studies the shivering kitten, feeling horrible for the way he makes his "child" feel.

• BloodClan? So he was a BloodClanner! Ashkit took a step back, feeling the prickle of a bush against her back. A frown etched its way onto her lips and she stared up at the tom with large, watery eyes. "I-I don't know what your problem is, mister, but I'm not any part BloodClan, and I'm certainly not your kit!" she hissed, baring her tiny, needle-like fangs at him furiously. "Please... please just go back to BloodClan. I won't even tell Nighstar or Twistedtail that I found you here," she begged. Was he going to take her? Oh, she didn't want to go!

INFORMATION

• Marcus tries his best to speak in a loving, caring tone. I won't take you to bloodclan, but I want you to come with me. Give me time to get to know you. I understand you don't believe me, and I understand you're afraid. Marcus moves a few paces back the way he came, looking over his shoulder and ushering her to follow him with a tilt of the head. I know you must be just a little curious, and you can't deny, our resemblance is uncanny. I just want to talk with you... what is your name?

• Ashkit watched as he turned to go, the knot in her stomach slowly loosening. However, it cinched back up as he turned towards her again. She frowned, backing up against the bush as it lightly jabbed her skin through her thin, gray fur. "I look like my mother, Bluefrost... that's what my father told me anyway," Ashkit said, despising how similar she looked to the tom before her now, even though she felt proud that she looked like the former medicine cat. "My name's Ashkit, after my mother's best friend, Ashfolly," she informed him. "Who are you?"

INFORMATION

• Marcus realises Ashkit wont follow him and makes a short rotation before he sits back down. That is a beautiful name, Ashkit. I'm Marcus, though ive gone by many names. Too many to remember. I insist you come with me, we aren't going to the scary bloodclan hideout. We can go sit farther down the river. Marcus makes sure to keep a healthy distance from the kit, even though it pains him to be so far away. Ashkit... he tosses the name around in his mouth, letting it reverberate inside. How sure are you that this Rye-something is your real father? I guarentee you don't even look like him. If you do anything for me, at least consider all the facts. I am your true father, and I guarentee if you go home and inquire about it one day they will tell you the truth. Marcus looks deep into Ashkit's fearful eyes. I am still not a bloodclan cat, I haven't had the bloodoath yet. I'm sure, much like me and your mother, you are kind and have a kind soul. Do come and speak with me somewhere more... Marcus looks around... calming.

• She was young, naive, and hadn't the slightest idea of what he was trying to do. This BloodClanner, Marcus, was luring her away, but Ashkit was too focused on the fact that this tom for some reason thought she was his daughter. She knew for a fact that this wasn't true, but she wanted to reassure him of that so he wouldn't come sniffing around again. "Well... no, I don't look like Ryecatcher, but that's because I look like Bluefrost," Ashkit insisted, wrinkling her nose as she took a few steps forward, cautiously, as the tom beckoned her to a more 'calming' location.

"Ryecatcher has been with me since the moment I was born. He was there when my mother gave birth, he said. He's been raising me and my brother Drizzlekit. He says his my father, so does everyone else. I don't have a reason not to believe them." Of course, one day she might realize that he wasn't her father, but only because Morningfrost would come forward to confess, to tell the whole story. Or perhaps because StarClan would send her the dream of what really happened.

INFORMATION

• We will string this Ryecatcher up for all to see. Yes. We will end him. We will destroy him. We will make sure no one thinks twice about touching our kit again. Marcus roots himself into the ground, raising his right paw to slash himself across the face, blood streams down his cheek. He snaps his head back towards the kit and takes several steps towards her. I AM YOUR FATHER, THIS RYECATCHER LIES. Marcus towers over Ashkit, drowning her figure in shadow and letting several blooddrops land on her face.

• Ashkit watched in horror as Marcus raised a paw. Thinking the blow would land on her, she squeaked and braced herself for the attack, pressing her face into the dirt. It never came. Instead when she looked up, his face was bloodied by a self-inflicted wound, and droplets of blood turned the leaves beneath his paws red. Ashkit shivered, blue eyes wide and terrified as she stared up at him, her lip quivering in fear. Marcus towered over her and she felt little drops like rain splash upon her face, but the strong scent of iron hit her nose. Her stomach twisted; she thought she was going to be sick.

"H-He doesn't," she said timidly, using a paw to frantically wipe the blood off of her face. Her little paws quivered when she pulled them away, finding them stained red. "You aren't my father," she told the BloodClanner as her eyes grew wide and moist with tears she refused to let fall. She stood there quivering, wondering if he'd kill her right then and there. At least she would finally get to meet her mother...

INFORMATION

• Riverclan. They turned her against us. Riverclan. We will be their undoing. Riverclan. We will tint the rivers red with their blood. RIVERCLAN! WE WILL FIND ALL WITH THE GUT TO APPOSE THEM. Marcus didn't even notice he began to speak outloud, RIVERCLAN. YOU'LL PAY FOR WHAT YOU DID! YES. WE WILL KILL YOU ALL! Marcus screamed at the treetops, consumed with rage. Too hell with luna. We will stay to see riverclan die. We will stay. We will have allies. His right eye became blinded by his own blood, this only made him more angry. Deploying his claws once more, Marcus dug into the side of his face, the blood streaming down to coat Ashkit as he picked her up by her scruff. You will come with us. He spoke through clenched teeth. Once Marcus was sure he had Ashkit firmly in his maw, he set off with haste back towards BloodClan.

• Quivering in fear as Marcus self-harmed himself again, the kitten burrowed her head in her paws so she didn't have to see the blood which made her feel queasy and sick as it dripped onto the ground before her. She felt teeth grasp at her scruff and a cry of terror left her lips as she was carried off towards BloodClan.

( I'll make a thread in BC and tag you! )

INFORMATION