Amalfi Heights Religion Plot (UNFINISHED):
the amalfians explore mount kodiak with a few of their allies. they discover a forest and river, but mostly its just a mountain like they expected - not mentioning the vaguely threatening aura.
- a little while after they return from their exploration, the plague breaks out amongst a few of the members. this isn't associated with the mountain at all, as the plague came from the exiles. it's merely an unfortunate event. link to the exiles plague info
- amalfi turns to the kinship circle for assistance with the plague
- not long after the plague, a rock slide on the mountain crashes into the village, injuring a few amalfians and destroying many homes.
- before the heights can recover from the rock slide, the temperatures begin to drop. freezing winds, heavy snows, and blizzards hit amalfi hard before they can prepare, increasing sickness and decreasing their food supply.
- the violent winter storms shift from heavy blizzards to freezing sleet and rain. this leads to the river flooding and ruining even more land & buildings, and harming prey & amalfians.
- they potentially turn to their allies for assistance at this point
the amalfians are weakened from blow after blow of natural disasters.
- undeveloped future points:
- a vision from naleren explaining everything is the work of dherog
- people are skeptic of this? people begin to accept naleren's word?
- not sure if merioneth is still interested in having wenceslas be a preacher in this plot but potentially someone begins preaching naleren's word
- mass trek to the yawning grotto to pay tribute/leave gifts for naleren
- things get better after this
- amalfi becomes centered on luxum religion
future traditions as a result of this:
- a yearly pilgrimage to the yawning grotto (during the late fall/early winter?) to pay tribute to naleren and her kindness of saving them from dherog's wrath (added bonus: new joiners are informed of the religious beliefs and can make a solo pilgrimage (along with a luxum priest) to the yawning grotto to convert (or if they don't want to go solo, they can bring along a trusted friend/associate/etc)
- a festival during the spring in honor of naleren and luxan beliefs. allies are invited, includes music, food, games, etc. the main event is a play depicting the history of the two spirits and how naleren eventually saved amalfi. this could be organized by a priest figure and put on by the youth? sort of like a children's christmas pageant type of deal.
- a new rank/title called 'priest' who is basically just someone who presides over/organizes weekly or monthly services regarding luxan beliefs, the pilgrimage to the yawning grotto, new converts, and the spring festival.
this is what i've got planned out so far! please throw out any thoughts on this as well as any suggestions/ideas you guys have!
(also, i need to find out if we're allowed to actually use the spirits in this plot (as in, having this all be a result of the real dherog and naleren) because some stuff might be difficult/have to change if we can only allow our characters to "think" that this is all the result of dherog and naleren.)