HEIR OF GRIEF [ hanzo ]

Let's Share! has (finally) launched! Our first article is a World of Tanks Guide by Enderclaw!
  • character study, table of contents

— ( tags )

— ( storage )

— ( opinions )

I DON'T THINK I DESERVE IT —————

SELFLESSNESS FIND YOUR WAY INTO MY HEART

「"SOUTHWIND" & THUNDERLANDS & PLOT & INFO

The post was edited 1 time, last by SOUTHWIND ().

• HANZO 'SOUTHWIND' SHIMADA

THE WANDERER | REDEMPTION | PENNED BY ADO

OVERVIEW.

— HANZO SHIMADA TO A SELECT FEW | KNOWN AS SOUTHWIND TO MOST | MALE [ HE/HIM ]

— depressed wanderer | lawful neutral [ bordering lawful evil ] | adult [ around four years ]

— traveler [loner] | loyal to himself | currently staying in thunderlands

— former honorguard [hp] of amalfi heights, former regent [hp] of volary flights

— created 1/17/2017 | ages at roleplayer's discretion

IMPORTANT INFORMATION.

— speaks both english and japanese, reverting to japanese when feeling strong emotion.

— suffers from depression and anxiety; has an alcohol problem and is prone to avoiding his own self care.

— suffers from insomnia and often never seems to sleep. is mostly seen patrolling during the night.

— based off of headcanons of hanzo, strongly influenced by dragon!hanzo.

— has two spirit dragons companions that can be controlled to some extent by him.

— will not be present in threads that have amassed a crowd.

— has a red-tailed hawk companion named after his former to-be significant other, jesse. has a love hate relationship with the bird.

RELATIONSHIPS.

— unknown sexuality, unconfirmed | four to five on kinsey scale | strictly monogamous | heavily closeted

— single | [0] crushes, [0] maybe crushes | ½ [relationship]

— recently came back to agrelos after searching after his former partner, jesse. hard to romance, misses him dearly despite never engaging in a formal relationship.

↳ aloof and disconnected from most interaction, hanzo is anything but easy to befriend and romance. he holds everything and everyone at a distance, and does not indulge in friendships often, preferring the company of his own self. with romance it's even harder to get a reaction out of him, for even if he might be crushing on someone he wouldn't say it even if the world was close to an end. he does not consider himself worthy of the time and affection, so it's not so much that he doesn't like others, but rather believes they deserve someone much better than the individual he is. yet the moment anyone manages to break past that part of hanzo, he is known to be extremely affectionate if not affection-starved. he still often questions if he is worthy of other people's time, but tries to make it worth their while. while it is difficult to start any sort of relationships that are on positive footing with hanzo, it is almost laughably easy to get on his bad side and become his enemy. he does not tolerate the incompetence or advances of others, especially if they are ill-minded, and with everyone already pushed away even if they actively try to be nice to him, he has no qualms with ripping someone's face off if they're an asshole.

— npc xx npc | generation 1 | parents all dead | brother and partner presumed missing | father to kaida

APPEARANCE / AESTHETIC.

faceclaims hanzo shimada [ mainly scion / dragon hanzo ]

— [MAIN BODY:] mane/whisker reference / face reference / ribbon reference

health: 80% scarred dark gray eastern dragon with grey eyes and yellow ribbon. has a color mutation on left front leg.

— [SIDE BODY:] health: 80% purebred japanese bobtail with gray eyes

↳ full description

PERSONALITY.

— [EXTERIOR TRAITS] calm, courteous, dignified, disciplined, humble, intelligent, intuitive, leaderly, logical, responsible, serious. aggressive, authoritarian, dominant, formal, reserved, stubborn. aloof, apathetic, blunt,

— [INTERIOR TRAITS] adaptable, loyal, perceptive, familial. proud. anxious. destructive. impatient. impulsive. insecure. venomous.

— INTJ | LAWFUL NEUTRAL/EVIL | METAL ELEMENT | THE ROYAL | THE TASTEMAKER | THE ATHLETE

↳ full, described personality goes here

— DISORDERS: depression, ptsd, insomnia, anxiety.

INTERACTION / CONFRONTATION.

— [POWERS:] electricity elemental [ 60% ] | shapeshifting [ 30% ] | character bond [ 10% ]

— physically difficult | mentally difficult | worthy opponent

— won't start fights | will end fights | won't run | won't show mercy

— poor close-combat opponent | excels at long-range engagements

— powerplaying any type of interaction is not allowed

— mention SOUTHWIND when attacking

The post was edited 14 times, last by SOUTHWIND ().

• kaida.

"I cannot claim that I am a perfect person, let alone a perfect father but at least I can say that I do truly aim to try with Kaida. I know what it's like to not be loved by those who were supposed to raise you, and I wish the exact opposite for her despite the rather... unfortunate circumstances she happened to have been caused by. I do not think any less of her despite that, for those were my mistakes and not hers, and I would never blame her for anything that I had done in my past that somehow influenced her. Despite that, I know that perhaps I am sometimes too protective of her. I want her to become independent eventually, to find happiness beyond the safety of her father's mane, but it is hard to do that when you know the cruelty of people on an intimate level. I cannot help but be paranoid about her, cannot help but want to keep her sheltered so that nothing could take her away from me. I have already lost a brother, then a friend, and I cannot bare to lose my first and only daughter. She has been the first thing to make me happy again, or at least the closest thing I can recall to it, and I want her to feel the same whenever she looks at her dad. I want her to be proud, to be safe, to be cherished. I only hope I can provide that. I have never had a positive example to look back upon, though I have a perfect bad example to learn from instead. I only pray that will suffice, and I fear that regardless there will be a long and arduous journey ahead of me."

genji.

"There is a whole slew of words that would be non-too decent that I have planned for him the next time I see him again. To say I am angry is an understatement, though I figure that I deserve his disappearance and should have no right to think he would want to see me again. Our time together was short, far too short for my liking given the circumstances he appeared back in my life in. I had thought he was dead, murdered by my own hand because of things I should have never allowed to happen... and then he appears, claiming forgiveness and redemption like I deserve it, mocking me with his self-righteous words of 'betterness.' He is not better. He never will be. His body had been decimated by my own tooth and claw and he acts like it is all fine, like I deserve a second chance to amend things. There is nothing left to amend, and it seemed like he realized the same thing and left me soon after his appearance. I do not know where he is, where I can find him... yet as much as I am angry at him for his foolish statements... I miss him dearly. I had hoped that we would have more time together, if only to talk about what had happened and at least why he was not dead. Instead I got nothing more than a cold wake up call and then was thrust right back into the deep end, struggling to make sense of it all. I wish he would come back. There are many things I need to talk to him about... many things I need to apologize for. He does not even know of my new daughter, though I can imagine his face if he found out. I would hear no end to it, both of my choice to drink my sorrows away and have an ill-timed rendezvous with a strange creature who had done nothing to ease the pain in the end and of my choices to try and convince myself that I could somehow lay with a woman. There is a lot I need to speak to him about regarding that as well. He had been the only one to know, and it hurts to keep it all inside once again, especially after... his departure."

The post was edited 4 times, last by SOUTHWIND ().