Sun Is in the Sky (Kits in the camp, open) Oh Why Oh Why Would I Want To Be Anywhere Else?

Let's Share! has (finally) launched! Our first article is a World of Tanks Guide by Enderclaw!
  • Blossomkit and Chillykit had split up, each of them covering a separate part of the camp. The plump tortoiseshell watched with interest as the medicine cat worked from the outside of the medicine den, snuggled up in the bushes. Chillykit, however, had buried himself with only an opening for his eyes and nose outside the apprentice's den. Apprentices were more interesting to watch, in his opinion. Once in a while, they both glanced at the direction of the fresh-kill pile, licking their lips at the thought of eating such juicy, delectable food. The Clan seemed busier than ever today, probably because of the approaching leafbare.

God, am I sorry I ever considered myself an artist.

• Haycloud was doing his best to enjoy what was probably one of the last warm-ish days until leaf bare truly set in by sunning himself on a rock near the edge of camp. He was about to fall asleep when a small burst of chill wind shocked him awake.

The orange tomcat looked around groggily, until he spotted blossomkit looking at the medicine den, seemingly entranced. Padding forwards with the usual pep in his step, he sat down at her side before speaking.

“Do you want to be a medicine cat when you grow up, Blossomkit?”

• chillykit could think that he was being extremely subtle, pretty much only his nose and eyes visible, but it wasn't that hard to notice when a kit had begun taking a sentry position outside of the apprentice's den. ivynose had been eating, having not done so in a long while, and he eventually got up - licking his lips - to approach chillykit. he didn't know where his sister was, but it wasn't like siblings were joined at the hip.

"you're waiting for someone to come out, aren't you?" ivynose questioned, tilting his head as he came towards chillykit. "all of the apprentices are probably out doing something. i'm sure they'll be back at some point, but maybe they'll just want to go right into their den and sleep. i did that a lot when i was an apprentice," he hummed, shrugging his shoulders.

you are right there, but why are

you beyond my reach / tags.

• "Huh!?" Blossomkit jumped, shaking up the dapples on her coat. "Oh, uh, no, I haven't thought about it..." She stammered, looking at Haycloud's chest. "It's be fun to be a warrior...but it'd also be kind of scary, wouldn't it? Facing off against those other cats..."

"Phooey, he found me. My hiding place is a failure." Chillykit grew disappointed by Ivynose's news. He lifted himself out of the ground, revealing crumbs of dust stuck in his long gray fur. He paused to look at the warrior, thinking. If the apprentices weren't doing anything, who could he watch? The elders?

• Mouse, herself, was sort of like a kit. Sure, she knew how to hunt and how to fight. But it'd been self taught, or taught by the father of her kits. She had never learned Clan moves or the code of the warriors or anything like that. She was rather clueless of the Clan's history or traditions or well...anything about them. She wasn't considered a warrior just yet, because Jasperstar hadn't given her, her warrior name. But she had been assured she'd be a warrior one day. And truthfully, the thought terrified her. "Being a warrior may be scary, but it is admirable," the ex-loner said softly.

WindClan - Warrior - Female - 15 months old.

• "I suppose..." Blossomkit turned to admire her soft dappled coat. "But I don't think I'd want my fur to be covered in the blood of other cats. And what if someone I really liked was killed in a battle, like Chillykit?"

• We've got to hold on, to what we've got — JasperStar — WindClan —

JasperStar was off to the side, watching the two kits wander around, making sure they didn't leave again. Listening to Blossomkit, her words were exactly why he'd closed the border to outsiders. If a former clan cat saw one of their old clan mates, what reason did they have to keep fighting for WindClan? The child seemed uncertain about hurting any cat in general, though, which wasn't a bad thing to see in future generations. Perhaps she'd become a medicine cat, one who kept peace and helped whomever she could.

JasperStar| Male| 47 Moons| Windclan| Leader| Bisexual| Brother of deceased Ferret| Realist, slightly ADHD, extrovert, thrives in crowds| Horrified by his actions in his last moons as leader| PM for capture, major injuries, or possible death|

To do: Return

Lives: 1

Played by Jadefeather12

• Fogpaw idly observed his surroundings around camp, his eyelids a bit droopy. Last night was yet another night where he had trouble falling asleep. He remembers staring up at the stars through the hole above his nest for quite a while but does not remember when he had finally nodded off to sleep. But he was considering going back to the apprentices den to take a quick nap.

Glancing in the direction of the den he notices Ivynose and Chillykit just outside by the entrance. Raising an nonexistent eyebrow questioningly he wondered what they were up to. Well, might as well go and find out he supposed.

Raising himself to his paws, Fogpaw quietly padded over in their direction. Reaching the two toms he calmly glances between the two of them. "What is going on over here? Something interesting I presume?" He inquires while glancing at the den briefly before focusing his attention back on them.

I'm Short Of Breath Standing Next To You

I'm Out Of My Depth At This Altitude

tags. | Windclan | MC Apprentice | 14 Moons | Male | Npc x Npc | Heterosexual | played by Relic Dreams.

• So, this kit was worried about her fur. Mouse resisted the urge to roll her eyes at the thought. But she didn't do the action, and instead tried to reassure the kit, "Death is far more likely if you don't fight. They'll come into the camp and murder us all, especially if nobody knows how to fight like a warrior," though her words were rather blunt, the tone she had with these words was kind.

• "Gosh, you're right..." Blossomkit's eyes widened at the thought of enemy cats coming in, their fur bristling, their ears back to protect themselves from the intense volume of their combined yowls. "And if they tried, we'd beat them all up, right?" Her tone switched back into a happy purr.

"Oh, hi Fogpaw." Chillykit's ears flicked. "Ivynose said that the apprentices were just returning. Did you see something cool?" He asked.

At Mousenose's words, JasperStar widened his eyes in surprise. While her words held some truth, one could make it through life well enough without fighting. He had, his whole family had, for a long time before the clans. "It's good to know how to defend yourself, but knowing how to fight isn't everything." He put in, wanting Blossomkit to understand that all would not be lost if she chose not to fight. "Look at the medicine cats. They know how to fight, just as we do, yet hardly do they ever raise a claw. Hostility is not the only way to solve problems."

JasperStar| Male| 47 Moons| Windclan| Leader| Bisexual| Brother of deceased Ferret| Realist, slightly ADHD, extrovert, thrives in crowds| Horrified by his actions in his last moons as leader| PM for capture, major injuries, or possible death|

Played by Jadefeather12

• Mouse dipped her head toward Jasperstar. She hadn't intended to mean that they must fight. She had intended to say that learning to fight was necessary for their safety and protection. Perhaps the gang she'd grown up in had influenced her more than she imagined. "Apologies if my words came off wrong...I just...wanted to encourage her to be warrior."

• Blossomkit's gaze switched from the mighty leader and the gray she-cat. "I guess I should be thinking about what I want to be, huh?" She shook her head, trying to shake the thoughts down. Chillykit probably wanted to be a warrior. He probably wouldn't mind having cat blood on his fluffy coat. But would her heart be able to take it?

"It's alright, your words were true, really. If none of us knew how to fight, life would be difficult." JasperStar meowed, before looking to Blossomkit as she spoke. "I think that's the best way to go about it. What do you want to be, Blossomkit?"

Played by Jadefeather12

• "Now that I think about it...I dunno." Blossomkit meowed back, looking straight into Jasperstar's eyes. "I do want to protect the Clan, but there's lots of other things that can hurt a warrior, right? Foxes and hawks and twolegs..." Her tail began to shudder as she just now realized how dangerous her home really was.

• Did he see anything cool? Fogpaw sat down on the cool ground, not minding the chill that it brought him. He ponders silently for a moment, his white tipped tail flicking from side to side as it discarded the frost that stuck to his fur. The hunting patrol had certainly been interesting.

"Well." He sighed, his breath billowing out in front of him in a cloud. "While I was on the hunting patrol we found two rabbits. Half of us went after one while the rest focused on the other. As we gave chase we ended up catching them once they collided into one another in a panic." He explained, nodding his head towards the fresh kill pile where the prey in question had been set down. The two rabbits were on the scrawny side with leaf-bare on the way, but it was still fortunate that they caught them.

Fogpaw looked at Ivynose with a small shrug. "It was not too exciting, but a nice coincidence all the same." He murmured quietly before turning his attention to back to Chillykit incase he had anymore questions. The apprentice's drowsiness felt like it was thawing away as he spoke with his two clanmates.

I'm Short Of Breath Standing Next To You

I'm Out Of My Depth At This Altitude

tags. | Windclan | MC Apprentice | 14 Moons | Male | Npc x Npc | Heterosexual | played by Relic Dreams.

• "Rabbits crashing into each other!" The mental image made Chilylkit roll backwards with laughter. "When I'm a hunting warrior, those rabbits won't even have time to run! I'll shred them!" He waved his thin little claws in front of the other cats' faces.