I can see through the scars;; open, Exiles leader

The winner of the October game giveaway for Overwatch is: Shywolf! Congratulations!

The next giveaway is for Shadow of the Tomb Raider! Check here for more info!
  • ———— Belial Tathamet ————

I AM ALL EYES, I AM ALL EARS

He wasn't too sure why he was doing this.

He supposed he had a hidden respect for the Amalfi folks. Not to mention, the senseless violence of the Exiles was coming to a close. The Cipher dynasty was over, and those seeking a more liberation-oriented clan were rising. Belial himself was one of those individuals. He hated seeing the Shadow Veil and the Sanguine Ruins throwing their weight around. This 'Toxic Accord' alliance was nothing more than a front for imperialism. They had no major enemy. They only had smaller clans to subdue. Quite frankly, Belial was sick of it, and he was worried for clans like these should they get caught in the path of what would soon be resource extraction. In an attempt to look more presentable, the Exiles leader allowed himself to present a calm demeanor as he stepped up just outside their border, waiting patiently. He had no need to strong-arm this request. "Greetings to the Amalfi Heights. My name is Belial, leader of the Exiles. I would like to speak with Lemon, your leader. Don't worry. I am here on purely civil grounds." He called out almost cheerfully, breathing slowly and calmly. He hoped Lemon would remember their little interaction previously, as Belial had deliberately and forcefully dealt with their member that had killed children of the Heights. It disgusted the leader, and he was not happy to know that some Exiles members felt they could do whatever they wanted.

"Speech."

black leopard, co-leader, the exiles

— I AM THE WALL, AND I'M WATCHING YOU FALL

tags

• As far as leaders of enemy Clans went - not least the leader of what was arguably the most loathed Clan in the history of Earth, and now of Agrelos - Belial was alright. Wenceslas carried in himself a deep, though slightly unwelcome, appreciation for the leopard's prompt exile of Galaxnia. Having held the funeral for the slaughtered newborns and their mother, and having made friends with the sole survivor of the murder, he felt very personally affected by the killing - and that the killer had been brought to justice by some extent comforted him. Never mind the fact that he was a resident of the Heights, and a high position here, to boot. In large part it was his duty to defend those who could not defend themselves - and that he had been unable to defend Zeldalia and her cubs upset him each day.

At least he could sleep each night knowing that the - herself young - killer had been thrown from her home. And this was why he did not immediately sound an alarm as he spotted Belial, having assigned to the leopard a personality of cold reasonableness. His hackles rose in a reddish-gold ridge down his spine and he was standing before the Usurper in a matter of moments; but he did not launch any telekinetic projectiles at him, nor did he even growl as he spoke. "I remember you, Belial. Welcome to Amalfi Heights. The Grandmaster will be here shortly." the retriever's voice was curt but not openly hostile, and there was calculation in his dark eyes as they moved up and down the dark-pelted feline. He was aware, peripherally but unavoidably, of his own solitude, lesser strength, and comparative old age, and was incapable of not wondering how likely it was he would survive this encounter.

page and monarch, forth they went biography

with closing eyes and resting head, i know that sleep is coming soon

7 years | biography | father of pan | marshall of the kinship circle & falcon knight of amalfi heights | played by merioneth

• ShbLaMw.png

GLASSHOUSE -- ANOTHER PRODUCT OF TODAY -- TAGS

The delicate color-point would covertly follow after the ebony wildcat, her gait a lighthearted and spirited prance as she diligently tracked his steps. Where was her darling headed during such a crucial time? Originally she'd anticipated him running off and wrecking havoc in The Sanguine Ruins, they deserved it after their unreasonable backlash, yet instead the usurper had kept to the southern trail following the Talon Bridge. What was he hoping to accomplish by charging through territories occupied by enemies? Colour Command, Hawkclan, Soloris Kingdom, yet none appeared to be his final destination. Had she initially realized her little journey of assisting Belial would result in such exhausted paws and an empty belly, perhaps she wouldn't have kept her presence hidden. After all, Bel was generally quite willing to offer shoulder rides.

Stretching her aching muscles, a small fatigued exhale would part her silvery lips. After the recent meeting, it was no surprising that he was going to be out hunting for new alliances. Yet never had the frail feline predicted Amalfi Heights as his preferred choice of friends. Not that she was going to argue, she enjoyed having some company that wasn't going to be complete warmongers. Perhaps now they could participate in real events and throw real parties. This was actually quite exciting!

"Thought you might need some help, babe." She would giggle lightly as she finally caught up to him besides the border. It was kind of cute, seeing her big and aggressive Belial attempt to play nice with a bunch of pro-clanners. If only she could take a picture, chances were this would be the only time she'd get to see such compromising occur. Keeping her cerulean stare on the unfamiliar canine with minor mistrust, the Faber daughter would swallow back her worries and press closer to The Exiles leader. Everything would be fine.

turkish van || former exiles leader || banished from valhalla || dating belial

GLASSHOUSE FABER !!

-- | the exiles | trusting + passive | penned by fallen | --

The post was edited 1 time, last by glasshouse ().

• OH WHERE DO WE BEGIN —

The cub came over and paused beside Wen. They smelled like that trespasser from before. She felt her pelt bristle with unease. Aiming to press closer to the male and eye the duo nervously.

speaking thinking

— THE RUBBLE OR OUR SINS

BUT IF YOU CLOSE YOUR EYES,

DOES IT ALMOST FEEL LIKE

NOTHINGS CHANGED AT ALL?

tags

• im,, screaming this is so late

Tall ears flicker at the sounds and he squints against the bright winter sun towards the figures not too far off. He thinks he heard his name but can be sure if he just imagined it. In spite of this, the boy makes his way over and slowly he recognizes Wen and Mimzy. There's a brief moment of confusion when realizes he recognizes one of the other two standing there. The panther, Belial. Suddenly aware of the Exiles scent, Lemon finds himself shifting protectively closer to Mimzy, though he doesn't realize he's done so. He is still bitter about the young smildon's harsh beginnings in this world, that for a moment he doesn't realize the two Exilers are here on political business. Slowly, he reminds himself of the way Belial reacted when informed of Zeldalia's murder and despite Lemon's reluctance to admit it, he can't deny he holds a level of respect for the way Belial chose to lead a clan like the Exiles. "Hey there. What brings you here?" He'd ask, keeping his tone as diplomatic as possible though his slightly narrowed eyes might have revealed his reservations about this.

✧ — WHEREVER I GO TROUBLE SEEMS TO FOLLOW / TAGS

— WE'RE THE BITTEREST BOYS IN TOWN

• ———— Belial Tathamet ————

I AM ALL EYES, I AM ALL EARS

About to address Wenceslas, Belial blinked as a familiar voice came to his ears. He turned around to see Glasshouse, seemingly having followed him this whole way. She wasn't supposed to be out here after him, why had she come all this way? Ears flattened, he looked down at her with a questioning stare. He wasn't sure whether to feel badly, feel disappointed, or just see this whole thing as cute and endearing. "Glass, did you follow me? You should have told me you were coming, you could have sat on my back." He mentioned with a slightly amused exhale, moving his nose down to gently nuzzle into her fur. "You're so silly." Slowly a smile came to his maw. He was happy to be next to her, as always. What was he doing here again? Oh... right.

Public. He cleared his throat, immediately turning to face Lemon, bowing his head deeply before the Grandmaster. Only after a few moments did he raise it, opening his maw. "Thank you for your presence, Master Lemon." He spoke formally but lightheartedly, partially because Glass was here with him and partially because he understood that this was a Pro-Clan. "I ask you all, if you might, to suspend your disbelief for a moment. I have something of a request." He would have to frame this in a very particular way. Truthfully, he held respect for Lemon and the Heights as a whole. It would be interesting and helpful to get them on their side.

"I understand that the leader of the Dark Dynasty, Softvelvet, recently came here to forge an alliance. He is a friend of mine, and a loyal member of the Exiles. After being brutally attacked by this 'Toxic Accord,' the Exiles will be entering into a strong alliance with the Dark Dynasty." This much was just fact, but it was an important framework for what he was about to ask for. It humanized the Exiles, in a way-- something Belial was trying to do as often as he could. "I would now like to request an alliance with the Amalfi Heights." It seemed unbelievable, of course. He knew they would need more convincing than that, but Belial was simply interested to see if Lemon would completely take the idea off the table. Certainly it seemed that their values were opposite-- but, Belial was suspicious that in fact their values might be a bit closer than any of them could expect.

//Haha you're all good!!

"Speech."

black leopard, leader, the exiles

tags

• an alliance with the exiles? was this really a good idea? she didn’t have any information about this, or if this “toxic accord” was something she should be concerned about. while she had no real rank of authority, she did want to be in the loop of what was going on within the clan. "what’s the toxic accord?" she’d never heard of it, so hopefully this belial fellow wouldn’t make her feel stupid for such a question.

\ IT’S A LONG & LONELY ROAD \ TAGS

• ShbLaMw.png

GLASSHOUSE -- ANOTHER PRODUCT OF TODAY -- TAGS

The color-point found great amusement in the leopard's concerned tone, smile broadening as his gentle nuzzle forced a hue of pink to surface to her cheeks. "Next time don't sneak off." She'd murmur playfully under her breath, allowing some distance to form between the two. She enjoyed Bel's protective presence, it was relaxing and almost empowering. Her fear-driven stuttering rarely presented itself nowadays and her skittish behavior had also diminished greatly since her relationship with the wildcat began. That being said, this wasn't the time for expressions of love but rather an important and professional discussion of politics.

As the Amalfian ruler spoke, Glass's cornflower orbs would flicker between the two leaders. Lemon seemed to remain discomforted by the close proximity of Exilers to his border, so she felt the need to speak up. "With respect, I wish to add that The Exiles have gone through some changes of law to prohibit the abuse of children as well as rape. The members that harbored Mingan are either gone or been addressed accordingly." Mingan was mostly old news now, yet still it seemed to be one of the biggest things pinned against The Exiles. "I think everyone would agree that The Exiles and Amalfi Heights are quite different in views and how we handle things. Let Amalfians do their thing and Exilers do their thing, it doesn't mean an alliance can't be formed." Perhaps The Exiles could assist with protection in battle while Amalfi assisted with healing the injure. It seemed like an interesting but very possible duo.

"The Toxic Accord is Shadow Veil and The Sanguine Ruins, the Dynasty was apart of it but... I don't think they are now." Whoops, she was talking too much. She would let Belial handle the rest but hopefully adding her say increased the odds of a favorable outcome.

turkish van || former exiles leader || banished from valhalla || dating belial

GLASSHOUSE FABER !!

-- | the exiles | trusting + passive | penned by fallen | --

• He regarded the two in silence for a moment. Noting their brief interaction with a quiet snort. They seemed to be an item, and perhaps if he were anyone else he would have thought they were cute. But of course, he was Lemon and he though the whole concept of love was sickening. It was also possible that he was still sour about Sugar's disappearance after they'd just barely begin to open up about their feelings for each other. That was exactly why he had wanted to stay away from love - this pathetic pain he felt everytime he thought about her. It was disgusting.

What the hell was going on? Realizing how side tracked his thoughts had become, he pulled himself quickly back into the present and catch up on what was being talked about. The Dynasty, yes he remembered that interaction. He'd been reluctant to form that alliance but even so he felt they were far more reasonable than the Exiles. Yet, he found himself unable to immediately turn them down. The new of the Toxic Accord was unsettling and he had to admit that Glasshouse had a point. It wasn't like an alliance with the Exiles would really change much about the daily lives of Amalfians He paused to consider everything he knew about the situation. Did he really want to assist the Exiles for any reason, whether or not their claims of change held true? At the same time, if Amalfi became a target of this Toxic Accord, they'd have little means of defending themselves. They weren't a clan of fighters, so maybe befriending a clan of fighters would be a good idea. "What are you looking to gain from this alliance? We can't promise you soldiers for your battles, though I assume you knew that already. So what's the trade-off here? We offer healers and supplies and you offer protection, is that it?" They could hardly promise soldiers for their own battles. Though he was sure that Belial knew what he was signing up for when he'd come to ask Amalfi Heights specifically for an alliance. Lemon just wanted a verbal acknowledgement that Amalfi would be allowed to keep their distance from the fighting as long as it was possible. He would likely be willing to offer healing in return for the Exile's protection if this 'Toxic Accord' decided to target them, but he would not risk his clanmates lives in a battle for the Exiles.

✧ — WHEREVER I GO TROUBLE SEEMS TO FOLLOW / TAGS

— WE'RE THE BITTEREST BOYS IN TOWN

• ——— Belial Tathamet ———

"I'm not looking for soldiers." He spoke bluntly but pointedly. Belial refused to allow this potential alliance opportunity devolve into nothing more than a quid-pro-quo. Glasshouse had made some major points, ones that Belial could now piggyback off of. "The point is, this Toxic Accord could strike anybody. At any moment. There is no single clan that could stand up to them. Do you think a gang of Anti-clans would stop after defeating one clan?" Of course, that was implying the miserable Toxic Accord could defeat the Exiles at all. It seemed, though, that Belial was making something of an altruistic appeal-- an appeal to defense.

"An alliance between us would send a message. Yes, we could trade supplies. Yes, we could trade fighting tips for healing tips. Yes, we could hold ally events. But when it comes down to it, we're sending a message. Your healing expertise is very valuable. It's only a matter of time until somebody tries to abuse it by force." Perhaps it was not the kind of message Lemon was looking for. Belial understood, though, that there were a lot of clans out there that were worse than the Exiles-- Anti-clans that exerted political power to make gains against small Pro-clans. This was the kind of thing that disgusted Belial. For once, the leader was not attempting to strong-arm an alliance with another clan. Instead, he chose to appeal to reason and values, something that was rather foreign to most Exiles members. Perhaps they would think him a bad leader for even attempting this. Unfortunately, though, Belial had little patience for some of his rambunctious members. Not to mention, they were both allied with the Dark Dynasty now, which made things even more interesting. "If you choose to accept, I will have a celebration for our clans on Exiles territory." This was the other plus to all of this. They would actually have friends to learn from and invite to events.

"Speech."

BLACK LEOPARD

THE EXILES LEADER

DATING GLASSHOUSE

—— I AM ALL EYES, I AM ALL EARS

tags

• Wenceslas did not ever think he'd see the day the leader of the Exiles came to his border and made a plea for an alliance. He felt enormous satisfaction at this concept, quite apart from the other emotions of shock and amusement and even grudging respect, but he kept his expression neutral, not wishing to influence this momentous decision one way or another. If Lemon agreed to the alliance, well...they'd be making history, surely. Surely this was the first time the Exiles had allied with a staunch ProClan. And for all his dislike of the group, for all his long memory - he could not but wonder if the alliance was a good idea. He knew, of course, that Belial was laying out the Toxic Accord as an enemy in order to make his proposition more appealing - that was a given, politics 101. But...perhaps there was truth to it. And if the man truly was not looking for soldiers, there did not seem to be any real reason to turn him down - as queasy as this concept made him.

The Falcon Knight's dark eyes did not move from Belilal's face, wishing that he could say many things to the Usurper but not wanting to ruin anything. He wanted to ask him how he dared to come here and ask for an alliance when he had recently dumped rats on the border of the Kinship Circle, another ProClan, for no apparent reason. He wanted to ask him if he understood that the Amalfians might resist this decision, and that it would probably take time and mutual courtesy for everyone in his Clan to get used to their new and infamous friends. He wanted to ask...just...what exactly the leopard was trying to do here, what he was playing at. But, of course, the reddish-gold canine couldn't - so he just stayed quiet, his feathered tail laid over his paws, his shoulders set stiffly and his mind whirling like a top. An alliance with the Exiles...dear oh dear oh dear...

page and monarch, forth they went biography

with closing eyes and resting head, i know that sleep is coming soon

7 years | biography | father of pan | marshall of the kinship circle & falcon knight of amalfi heights | played by merioneth