work while they all play | open, hunting patrol

Let's Share! has (finally) launched! Our first article is a World of Tanks Guide by Enderclaw!
  • Her stomach grumbled for the third time in the past few minutes, forcing Ruth to her paws. The she-cat groaned, disinterested in the idea of leaving her warm napping spot in the corner of one of the rooms where the sunlight happened to hit as it shone through the window. But alas, it was midday and she was starving. Leaving her warm napping spot, she slipped into the common room for a bite to eat only to find the Clan's store of freshkill to be low. Her ears flattened, a twinge of guilt sparking in her chest as she bent down for one of the last pieces of freshkill. No, the kits would need this more than her. She couldn't do it. Leaving the prey there for someone less capable of hunting for themselves than her, the tortoiseshell moved into the center of the room.

"I'm going hunting. Would anyone like to accompany me?" she mewed. This would give her a good chance to sharpen her skills, something she hadn't been able to do in the few weeks that it took her broken paw to mend. She hoped Dualeyes would tag along. She needed to spend some more time training with her mentor, especially now that she was a guard. She'd be a lousy one until she knew how to fight.

TAGS

LONG LIVE THE PIONEERS, REBELS, AND MUTINEERS

( tags + bloodclan leader + 8/9 lives + female + 17 moons + badger x holly + played by vespertine )

• Garbage peered at the young one quietly, watching with interest as she seemed to war within her own mind over the food. It was always funny, he thought, that some would have no issue to take and leave those too weak in ill condition.

Ah, yet, those bound in blood had far more heart than they like to say.

So much of stories of throat rips and gory innards with kits attached.

True, there was some semblance of that, yet still, a parents love triumphed more than Garbage could understand. No parent was he, nor the son of good ones.
    How sad.

"I will accompany you on your hunt should we not wish starvation from the inside of a parasite," he told her, quietly making his way over to Ruth. One who had seen the mangled body.

"Is there a mission of particulars, or are we for all that can be caught?"

< GARBAGE >

"Within my maw rests a parasite unparalleled; scurry it does through my weins to my head where it rests its weary legs to be given its name of 'thought'"

TAGS | PLOT

OPINIONS + HC

• Dualeyes

Blue and brown eyes were open, watchful, as she observed passerbys in the common room as she laid perched upon the stairs. From her bird's eye view she spotted her underling, the new guard seemed hesitant when she approached the kill pile- Then she left without a meal for herself. This caused the primarily white molly to sit up right with her head cocked to the side slightly as her mismatched eyes followed Ruth who now stood in the center of the room calling out for anyone to join her on a hunt. Her ear twitched before she made her way down, "I'll come along." Dualeyes announced as she approached, her gaze flickering to Garbage for a brief moment before her attention returned upon the she-cat.

YOU KNOW —

— I'm taking that crown from you

✦ Bloodclan | Head-Guard | White van with random spots of black and hetrochromic eyes | Tag | Played by Baelfire ✦

• Garbage was the first to approach and Ruth nodded her head to him as he offered to accompany her. The two had not interacted much, but the young tortoiseshell recalled the mangled body of the kit in which she had helped him bury. His odd choice of vocabulary intrigued her. He was a mystery, much like Salem. Ruth itched to know more about him. "No particulars. We can't choose to be picky as the days grow colder," she informed. "However, if we can find more than rats, I'm sure the rest of the Clan would be thankful." Ruth knew she would be. She often found herself growing tired of scarfing down the large, thick-furred rodents.

Her deep copper gaze moved to Dualeyes as she approached, relief flooding her. Perfect. She had hoped the white molly would make an appearance. "Thank you. We can go ahead and start out. Anyone else who wants to join will have to catch up," she mewed. With a flick of her tail, the guard started for the Blood-house exit.

— TAGS

LONG LIVE THE PIONEERS, REBELS, AND MUTINEERS

( tags + bloodclan leader + 8/9 lives + female + 17 moons + badger x holly + played by vespertine )