elle qui t'idéalise -- storytelling badge event

The winner of the October game giveaway for Overwatch is: Shywolf! Congratulations!

The next giveaway is for Shadow of the Tomb Raider! Check here for more info!
  • toxin of vibrant flower--

the highlands - very difficult - attack in limegreen

The scene was set, Toxin having asked the aid of a Highlander with fire manipulation. In the garden crackled a warm fire, maintained by a generous helping of dried vines that Toxin herself had supplied. The sun was setting, revealing the cosmos to those who studied them so intently. Shining front and center as always was Astrum, her constant light glimmering in the distance.

"Highlands! We've been quiet for quite a long time, so I suggest we gather around. If you have a story, please, come to listen or tell one of your own." The dark-furred Chieftess' call was loud, authoritative, but not cold as it usually was. She was in a good mood, better than she had felt in a long time. It was a perfect evening to share stories with her family.

// so the rules are this: if you tell a story, you get a badge! i'm still working out the logistics of the actual badge, but they'll be handed out after each story!!!

storage + thread1 + thread2

HERE, HOLD MY MORALS —

all opinions ic + highlands co-chieftess + storage

• 「 in a foreign land, in a × castle made of sand 」

//lmfao i couldnt think of a story to tell so i made one up

Chione liked this one! Her imagination was constantly running wild, and she liked both telling and hearing stories. But she liked the made-up ones the most -- in Hitchcock's words, what is drama but life with all the dull bits cut out? Of course she was going to tell a story, and she was going to tell the best story here! "Once upon a time, it was a dark and stormy night!" the young tigress 'roared', bounding over to Toxin and raising her voice over the fire. "But instead of a normal storm, this one was special. Because rain wasn't falling from the sky. It was... clouds! Falling from the sky. Fluffy pieces of clouds that fell like rain but never turned into drops of water. There were just clouds everywhere, but now they were on the ground instead of in the sky." She gasped dramatically. "Nobody could see a thing! It was so dark and cloudy and everyone kept running into each other. 'We have to do something about this!' they cried. 'I can't see!'"

"So everyone worked together with the birds and one by one, they put the clouds back in the sky. Everyone cheered, they were so happy they could see again. But one time an owl thought she heard quiet crying nearby. She looked down and saw a group of worms crying. 'Why are you crying?' asked the owl. 'We got rid of the clouds so you can see again.'" She made a different voice for each group of characters, and apparently the owl's voice included a slight southern accent. And the worms kept crying and crying. 'We liked it that way,' they explained. 'We're too embarrassed to dance in front of others. We got to dance above ground for the first time because nobody could see us. Now we won't get to dance ever again.' And the owl though about this. She didn't realized that some people can only feel comfortable when nobody is juh- jud- j...." What was that big word that meant forming an opinion of someone based on what you see?

She opted for an easier word: "When nobody is looking at them. 'I know how to help you!' the owl said. And she flew all the way up to the sky, and brought a little piece of the clouds back to the worms. They laughed and laughed and danced together for the whole night. And every time the worms want to dance again, the owl goes to the sky and brings them a cloud so they can be comfortable and have fun. And that's why every time it's foggy, you see worms come out of the ground and wiggle around. It's because they can finally dance like nobody is watching." A smile and a pause for longer than three seconds indicated that she was done with her story. Fully expecting applause from everyone who had listened.

- tags -

• YOU’VE PROBABLY NEVER BEEN SHOT DOWN BEFORE —

The woman would come over and take a seat. Listening to her cubs story and smiling. What a tail that was.

speaking thinking

— I’LL TRY AND MAKE IT EASIER

THIS MAY COME AS A BIT OF A SHOCK TO YOU

HOW COULD I POSSIBLY FIND SOMEBODY NEW

I DON’T MEAN TO BRUISE YOUR EGO

tags

Toxin found herself engrossed in Chione's story, ears pricked upwards and body language attentive as the cub wove a tale of mist and worms. Perhaps she might tell that story later down the track to her own children. "Bravo." She cheered at the end, turning green eyes on Echo. "Have you got a story to share?"

HERE, HOLD MY MORALS —

• WISHING . SOMEDAY . THAT . I'LL . FLY ——— ☆

storytelling? gray was much to young to know of any stories by heart and admin was certainly not the type of mother to gently lay them to bed with an charming bedtime story. so the child is merely confused as they sit through chione's story, owlish eyes unblinking as her words sink in. was this made up? it had to be right? they look quietly towards echo and then toxin, wondering if they expected them to tell a story like chione's. maybe . . . they could try to make something up?

"miss toxin, i want to try to tell a story - can i go?" they inquire with a slight tilt of their fluffy cranium. they weren't very good at being so . . . creative due to having so little stimulation even at their age and they truly wonder if their mind could make something up as endearing as the story told first. probably not. they think with a slight frown, ear flicking slightly in anticipation.

GOING FAR, GOING FAR, MY MEMORY OF THE TASTE OF WATER

⋆ I'M LOSING SIGHT, I'M LOST HERE IN THE NIGHT

At Gray's query, Toxin turned towards the kitsune with a nod of affirmation. After casting a quick glance around the group, she noted that the atmosphere was good enough for Echo's youngest to tell a tale, and she gestured for the cub to begin. "Of course, Gray, go ahead."

HERE, HOLD MY MORALS —

• WISHING . SOMEDAY . THAT . I'LL . FLY ——— ☆

now that they were given permission to start telling a tale, they fell quiet for a moment. all eyes would be on them for the time being and now they were suddenly nervous. they give echo a look, as if seeking her reassurance, before turning their gaze onto their small paws. they begin meekly, clearing their throat as they sit for a moment more before continuing. "it was a cold winter, where the fields were covered completely in snow a-and the winding rivers were frozen so thickly, that you could walk over it. a . . . poor farmer was returning home along the river bank when he heard a noise from inside the nearby thicket." they paused for a little dramatic flare, peeking up slightly from their bowed position, alabaster cheeks unbelievably reddened with embarrassment that was slowly, but surely, going away. "the farmer knew right away that it was an wounded bird. he thought it would be easy to catch it and bring it home for dinner, but when he parted the twigs and undergrowth, he saw such a beautiful bird that he hadn't the heart to kill it. it was a crane, whose side had been p-pierced with an arrow." gray makes a small gesture with their paws detailing how big the arrow was, "so he pulled out its shaft and rubbed healing balm into its wounds. the crane then spread out its wings and flew away."

now that they were telling this story, the words kept tumbling out of their mouth, adding more and more flavor to what was to come. despite the newfound confidence that nestled in their chest, they were still much too shy to look into anyone's eyes. so they continue on with the story. "the farmer returned home, ate half of a bowl of rice, and went to bed as soon as it was dark. in the early hours of the morning, he heard a tap-tap tapping at his door. tap tap. tap tap. at first he thought it was the wind, and then he wondered if it was a ghost. at last he realized that he would not sleep until he had opened up and seen who or what was there. he lifted the latch, expecting to see a ghost in the moonlight while he held a big knife in his hand - but he was utterly unready for the face of a beautiful girl. she was so lovely, that the farmer was actually quite startled!"

"he let the girl in, and she slept in his bed while he laid by the ashes of his fire. the girl stayed with him for three days and nights before he gathered the courage to ask her to marry him, though he never expected that she would accept. the girl replied that she had come to his door hoping that he would ask her that very question, and she gladly accepted." they give a small genuine smile, happy that even their story was turning out so well. so far, they weren't sure about how the others were liking it . . . they hoped everyone liked it. "the farmer thought to himself, 'until recently, i was lonely, poor, and wre . . . wretched. now i am still poor, but chance or some god has brought me happiness.' no one can live on love alone, however. the winter was long and hard, and the couple ran out of rice to take the edge off of their hunger. the farmer said worriedly, 'what are we to do? i have no food, no money, and nothing we can sale.' he himself was on the brink of tears, and he expected that his wife would be angry at him for not being able to feed them both or to break down into sobs too." then, quietly, they said, "the wife just smiled and said, 'dear husband, do not worry or fret. i will weave a cloth, and you shall take it to the market to sale.' the farmer was confused, as they had no cloth to weave, but the wife went into the one and only room in their house and said, 'whatever you do, do not come in.'"

"some hours later, out she came carrying an beautiful cloth. it was embroidered with flowers and birds and was so beautiful, it was fit for even a princess. the next day, the farmer took it to the market and sold it for a great sum. the couple now had money to survive through several winters - but when you have money, you spend it without being careful. soon, the couple was poor again, and the farmer was once again at the edge of despair, but his wife said, 'do not fret, i will weave another cloth. i will go into the back room and work, but whatever you do, don't come in." once again, gray pauses and dares peeks in the direction of those gathered to hear stories.

"while his wife weaved, the farmer sat and wondered how he had been so fortunate to have found such a woman, one so lovely, who loved him, and was able to weave cloth out of nothing. he recalled how she turned up at his house one winter night, and thought about how little he knew about her, who she was, why she had come to him, or how she weaved the cloth. he lived with her, loved her, and yet hardly knew her. at last, his curiosity came over him, and he opened the door just enough to see through the crack." gray makes a little dramatic sound that could have been the wife's reaction to seeing the man opening the door but could have very well been the farmer's reaction from seeing his wife. "in the room was not a woman, but a crane, weaving cloth from her own feathers. she was pained, plucking out her own plumage to weave the cloth but she had loved the man, and was willing to do as such. when the crane saw the farmer, she let out a cry and shed a tear from her eye. she then flew up and away through the hole in the roof that was meant to serve as an chimney and the poor farmer never saw her again. he lived the rest of his days unmarried and alone . . ." the story comes to an sad end. it was not what they had wanted, really, but that is what happened. they wonder if there was a moral behind the story that was told and gray figured that there could be so it wasn't all just sad.

"sometimes it's better to leave things as they are and not question it." gray says, as they get up from their spot, hurrying over to echo's side where they sit down and nuzzle into her warm fur, as if they wanted to hide away from everyone else. that was dreadful, i'm not doing something like this ever again.

GOING FAR, GOING FAR, MY MEMORY OF THE TASTE OF WATER

⋆ I'M LOSING SIGHT, I'M LOST HERE IN THE NIGHT

• 。・゚゚・ Sag heard stories being told, so teleported to the edge of the garden, then walked until he was about next to Gray. "I have a story, but I don't think it will compare to those two!" They were really great stories.

One runs the risk of weeping a little,

if one lets oneself be tamed

The Frontier | Brave | Tags | Penned by Crooow!

• 「 in a foreign land, in a × castle made of sand 」

Chione smiled brightly at the praise, then switched to listen intently to Gray's story. She smiled at the good parts and gasped at the surprises, and every time her adoptive sibling(?) looked out at the audience they would be met with her smile. But as supportive as she was, when the story finished there was a frown on her face. Given how lovingy she was raised, the cub Did Not Like unhappy endings and was not very well equipped to handle them. "And it took him a long time but the farmer realized he would not have wanted someone he loved to hurt herself for him. When he realized that, he wasn't sad anymore. And that's when the crane knew he was ready for her to come back." A natural inventor, her response was to invent a new ending for herself - likely at the expense of Gray, as she lacked the manners to understand how rude it could be to change someone else's story. But she was young and optimistic and she wanted a happy story, everyone else be darned!

- tags -

• YOU’VE PROBABLY NEVER BEEN SHOT DOWN BEFORE —

A story of her own? She blinked and then felt the soft touch of Grey after his story ended. She would wrap her tail about him softly and look down at him. Then up as her daughter changed the ending a bit. Humming, she looked between them a moment. I think both endings are wonderful. As were both stories. As for your story Sag, I think it Wilber just as good.

A pause and she would shift a bit more. The only stories I have are of my past I am afraid. Nothing that would interest young ears.

speaking thinking

— I’LL TRY AND MAKE IT EASIER

THIS MAY COME AS A BIT OF A SHOCK TO YOU

HOW COULD I POSSIBLY FIND SOMEBODY NEW

I DON’T MEAN TO BRUISE YOUR EGO

tags

• 。・゚゚・ "Oh, I like that ending too, Chione." he purred, before starting his own, prompted by Echo. "This story is true, or as true as you make it out to be. There was a little boy who was born on a star. Or more accurately, a small planet orbiting the star." Totally not him. "The only other creature on this planet was a rose, named Rosie. The boy, who we'll call," he passed, pretending to think, "Sagittarius, liked this rose a lot, but living alone with only a rose was lonely, so he flew down to Earth. But as he landed the ground started to change. It was now- Agrelos. The boy wondered if he'd caused it. There were other creatures, some like him, some vastly different, and some were rather hostile, but eventually he found a friendly group. This group invited him to stay with him, and he did. He loved it! Everyone was so friendly!" And, scene.

The curtains open again, metaphorically I mean, as he continues. "He still loves his rose mind you, and thinks about her often. He thinks he could go back whenever, but why would he? He's got tons of friends! But one day, Sagittarius looks up, and sees that his home star isn't there anymore. He can't go back home. But you know what? It's okay! His flower will live on without him." He bowed dramatically. "Accept what you can't change, and you'll be happy."

One runs the risk of weeping a little,

if one lets oneself be tamed

The Frontier | Brave | Tags | Penned by Crooow!

"These are beautiful tales, everyone." Toxin meowed softly, green eyes sparkling with delight as Gray shared their story, closely followed by an alternate ending from Chione, and then a tale from Sagittarius. And then, she got an idea.

"I have a story of my own to tell you all.

"A long time ago, the seasons changed a half turn ahead of how we see them now. Responsible for this, were four goddesses. One representing each of the seasons. They were summer, or Green-leaf; autumn, or Leaf-fall; winter, or Leaf-bare; and spring, also known as New-leaf. These four goddesses were in charge of the seasons' cycles, ensuring that the circle of life, death and rebirth followed the pattern of the seasons. The old Tribes worshiped these goddesses, burning offerings of prey and herbs to appease them and to hope for luck in the next cycle." She paused, taking a breath.

"But one year, Newleaf did not come when it was due. The world was locked in winter for the duration of two extra seasons, snow falling with each passing day and night. The other goddesses were afraid, for they did not speak to each other outside of the ritual of seasons' change, and upon investigating they discovered that their sister had become a part of the old Tribes, disguised as a mortal she-cat. She'd fallen in love with a Tribe cat, taken him as her mate in the time that the seasons had changed around her." Another breath, and Toxin looked around the fire at the faces of the kin she had found in her time as a part of the Highlands.

"Uncaring of the woes that the other Tribes faced, for her own was prospering, Newleaf gave birth to a litter of four kittens on the first day of autumn. With the burden on her mortal form gone, her power flowed through the air, revitalising everything in both her Tribe's territory and beyond. The first day of spring had arrived, six months after it was due.

"But through the birth of Newleaf's kittens came a new generation of godly powers, much closer to the Tribe that they had been born into. With the seasons restored, the mortal Tribes adapted, prospering under the new alignment of time. And that is the story of why we have our seasons at the time of year that we do."

HERE, HOLD MY MORALS —