I kindly scatter // [p, bluefrost]

Check out this announcement about new leadership limits in Agrelos
  • ✦ ✧ ✦ Frogleap had always liked exploring the clan and nearby territory. His interest had taken a knock when he was captured by twolegs, fearful that if he stepped out too far the same thing would happen again, but the interest had never truly gone away.

That night Frogleap walked slowly, head held low, eyes watching his paws rather than ahead of him. He had had a lot on his mind lately. The doubts he had over Frostfall's kits grew every day. She had never outright confirmed it to him, but he knew...he knew. They weren't his kits, they never were. He had some affection for them of course, but he would never feel that deep paternal connection for them as he did for Mothkit and Flamingokit.

His ears pricked slightly as heard a noise nearby. He looked up momentarily, eyes blinking in the dark, as he searched for the source of the sound.

BLUEFROST

☾*: HELLO LOVE, THE THISTLE AND THE BURR —————

HELLO LOVE, FOR YOU I HAVE SO MANY WORDS

FROGLEAP / 25 MOONS / MALE / WINDCLAN / BIO / PENNED BY THORNY

• —— Silverpelt glittered above, lighting the forest with the silvery glow of their ancestors. Bluefrost had not spoken to StarClan since she had received her medicine cat name. That was over half a year ago, and since then, much had changed. She was no longer the she-cat who had stepped into RiverClan's healing position. In fact, she still did not hold that position within her Clan. Now she was a traitor, a mother who had abandoned her kits, and her Clan would never forgive her of her sins. She knew she was wrong to do the things she had done, but as much as she tried making up for them, her mistakes had been too drastic, the trust others had perhaps once had in her were shattered. Now she was left with nothing, an outcast in her own Clan, among her kin.

Doestar, I hope you aren't too disappointed in me, the she-cat thought as she strolled along. I know I let you down. I'm not the daughter you wanted me to be, nor the medicine cat suited for our Clan. I was condemned the moment I fell into the river you saved me from, and though you've shown me love and compassion only a mother could show, I fear you've only prolonged the inevitable. I was destined to die, and it would have been for the best. I would not have hurt those I have hurt had I just drowned then.

Her silent prayer to her deceased mother ended the second she heard faint pawsteps approaching. Bluefrost froze, silvery fur prickling as her claws unsheathed. She was a warrior now, but an inexperienced one at best. If there was another forest Clanner traveling by the cover of night, Bluefrost could be in danger. "Who's there?" she demanded.

TAGS

lON623h.png

( starclan + former riverclan medicine cat + female + played by verspertine )

• ✦ ✧ ✦ As he went searching for the source of the sound it seemed he too had caught the attention of another. He jumped instinctively when Bluefrost's voice rang out. He cautiously padded out towards her, standing away from her, blue eyes settling on her form. He could not claim to recognise her, but the unmistakable sent of RiverClan lingered in the air.

"My name is Frogleap," he responded calmly, not wanting to come off as threatening to the she-cat. "Who are you?"

• —— WindClan. Bluefrost's ears pinned against her skull, recalling the news that they, and DarkClan, had aided BloodClan in the most recent raid. Though her Clanmates might consider her a friend to BloodClan, though she had gotten along well with those there during her stay, she still recognized the pain they had caused her own. She still wondered how any of the forest Clans could call themselves their friends. She would never understand Jasperstar and Ruestar.

"Bluefrost. RiverClan's med-... warrior," she answered evenly, retracting her claws and loosening her muscles to appear less threatened by the tom's presence. He didn't seem like he was looking for a squabble, but one could never be too careful. She had almost told him she was a medicine cat, which would have earned her the right of passage anywhere, but alas, she had stripped herself of the title when she had abandoned her Clan, and thus was free game to any attack he might come at her with. It was often hard to remember that after serving the Clan in that way for so long.

TAGS

lON623h.png

• ✦ ✧ ✦ "I can tell," He commented bluntly, his nose wrinkling slightly. "No offense, but you reek of RiverClan."

He tilted his head at her for a moment, looking at her with a curious expression. She seemed a long way from home for a RiverClanner. He wondered if she had any ulterior motives for being here, or if, like he, she just needed the peace and quiet away from clan life. "May I ask what you're doing here?"

• —— Bluefrost's ears flickered when he mentioned that she reeked of RiverClan. Their Clan's scent was the most distinguishable from the other forest Clans for the sole fact that it was fishy. It was one of the reasons she had enjoyed smelling like herbs so that she could easily disguise such a putrid scent, but now that she no longer lived in the medicine den, she had adopted the smell of the rest of her Clanmates, much to her dismay.

"A night walk was much needed and the farther I could get from my Clan, the better," the gray she-cat remarked, a frown tugging at her lips. She often needed time to clear her head, to think, to dwell in her feelings. It was the only coping mechanism she had ever known.

TAGS

lON623h.png

• ✦ ✧ ✦ A bitter laugh passed the tom's lips. He wasn't laughing at her, rather laughing at the similarity of their situations. "It seems we are the same in that regard," He said once he had finished laughing, After Frostfall's reveal he desperately needed to get away from his home. The news, though partially expected, had still come as a heavy blow, and hurt him deeply.

He looked around momentarily, as though scanning the area before his eyes fell on her form once more. "Since we're both out here alone, would you care to join me for a walk?" He paused for a moment, realizing that she may not have been comfortable walking with a WindClan tom. "I promise I don't bite."

• —— His bitter laugh resonated within her and she could see the hurt that pooled in his blue eyes. It appeared as though they shared the same feelings, confirmed by him seconds later. Bluefrost was glad to know she wasn't the only one on this unforgiving planet that saw dark days. It seemed as though sadness followed her wherever she went and she couldn't recall experiencing a happy moment since she and Ashfolly were kits tumbling around in the nursery together.

The WindClanner's offer of a walk surprised her and her ears perked in surprise. After blinking the emotion away, she found herself nodding stiffly. "Of course," she mewed and stepped in beside him so they could walk and talk together. "Care to share what's troubling you?" she asked.

TAGS

lON623h.png

• ✦ ✧ ✦ Frogleap nodded in approval as Bluefrost agreed to walk with him. She may have been a RiverClanner, but from what she had said to him, he got the impression they were in a similar boat. Besides, he appreciated having the company of someone who didn't really know him.

"Hmm, that's a long story," Frogleap muttered in response, the tone of his voice suggesting that whatever had lead to him being out here was not a pleasant topic. "Let's just say, that I've been raising another tom's kits unknowingly, and let's leave it at that shall we."

• —— Bluefrost cringed apologetically at his words, trying to imagine just how difficult it would be to be in his paws. While she could never really experience something like that, she knew what being deceived was like, and the moment she thought of Larkthroat and the way he'd turned her into a cannibal without her knowing, she shivered and thrust the thoughts violently from her mind."That's rough, I'm sorry..." she murmured. "You don't deserve someone like that."

She was silent a moment or two before deciding that she should share what was troubling her as well, since he had been so transparent with her. "Back when I was medicine cat, I made a big mistake. I had a litter of kits with BloodClan's leader, Blahkenmuro. We tried to keep them a secret and retain a friendship. It all backfired. I fell for him, our Clans found out, so did our kits. I couldn't stand them being angry with me, so I went to live with him in BloodClan, but he had vanished without a trace. When I returned to RiverClan, well... I'm sure you can imagine how they felt. Most of them view me as a traitor," she said and sighed.

TAGS

lON623h.png

• ✦ ✧ ✦ Perhaps inspired by his own transparency with her, Bluefrost revealed some of her own past to him. Frogleap listened to what she had to say, feeling a pang of sympathy for what she had gone through. "I'm sorry you had to experience all of that," Frogleap told her with a genuine tone. "I can't imagine it was easy for you. I'm presuming this is the reason you needed to get away?"

They walked a little further in silence before he turned to ask her a question. "You mentioned you had kits," he began, shifting to a lighter topic of conversation for the moment. "How old are they?"

• —— Bluefrost was almost surprised that Frogleap seemed understanding, but reminded herself that WindClan had allied itself with Caledon's rogues. Maybe they were more lenient on the warrior code, too. She wasn't sure, but she was glad he didn't seem to hold an air of resentment towards her when she spilled information about her past. The worst part is her accidental pregnancy hadn't even been the worst of it. There were other things, darker things, in her life that she refused to talk about, and she'd only ever told Doestar and Ashfolly. "Yes, I just needed some time and space to breathe. I'm glad I'm not suffering alone," she said and glanced at him.

"They are ten moons now. Almost warriors." Her kits were about the same age she was when she'd given birth to them. It seemed so hard to believe how young they were, but how old she'd felt when she had to step into the paws of Clan medicine cat and single mother. They hadn't even passed their trials yet. They were still carefree. Though she'd caused them great pain in their lives, Bluefrost was glad they'd had it easier than she had, though part of her was jealous too.

TAGS

lON623h.png

• ✦ ✧ ✦ Frogleap caught her glance in his direction. They both had their own issues to deal with, and whilst both had clearly sought solace outside of the clan, both seemed to enjoy the added company from this unconventional meeting.

"Ten moons..." He repeated quietly, more so to himself than in response to her, "I can scarce remember what I was like at that age." A small chuckle passed his lips, as they image of a much younger Frogleap - or as he was then, Frogpaw - came to mind. He had been so full of hope then, ready to take on the world. Funny how quickly things changed in that regard. "I have kits as well," Frogleap and told her. "My eldest was adopted, but I love her as though she were my own. Like you, I had a half-clan litter a few moons back. Only one of those kits live with me in WindClan, the rest live with their other father in ThunderClan."