TOYING WITH MY FAITH -- canine spar training

The winner of the October game giveaway for Overwatch is: Shywolf! Congratulations!

The next giveaway is for Shadow of the Tomb Raider! Check here for more info!
  • Canines. disgusting excuse of life, plaguing every inch of Skyclan it seemed for there had been 2 deaths. Caused by disgusting cousins, one had been a wild fox, the other, a slobbery rotten dog. One of the finest warriors, Glacewing had been slain, and if this wasn’t cause for concern, what was? Barkscar had faced a fox in his lifetime, hunting at night had its dangerous perks. Luckily, the mahogany warrior escaped with his life, leaving the wild canine some nasty wounds to lick. His greatest fear, however, was wolves. If their clan were every discovered by wolves, it would mean absolute danger. It was high time the art of fighting canines was released unto the prodigy of Skyclan. "Canine spar training!" his rough voice rang out across the clearing from the overhanging branch he stood. His cold olive daggers carving across the clearing as he waited. "who wants to practice?!" he added, slithering down the tree and landing with skillful grace upon the soft grass.

•         tags

"Canine spar training!" The voice of Barkscar called from within the clearing, catching the newer warriors attention. Her green eyes not taking long to gape at the warrior who was now at the base of a tree. It was far from a bad idea, given the fact that two of their most recent deaths were done with the fangs of those brutes. Lavenderskies had ran into a few foxes as a loner, dogs too, though she made sure not to engage them in battle. It wouldn't hurt to catch a few tips on how they handled them here, and she didn't mind sparring much. The gray warrior ambled over to the tom, dipping her head as she finally approached. "Count me in."

CHASING YOUR PRETTY THOUGHTS AND YOUR PLASTIC LOVE

SHE-CAT / 43 MOONS / SKYCLAN / BIOGRAPHY / PENNED BY myth

• noEM9q7.gif The young she-cat had done moons of all kinds of sparring. From one on one to unfair numbers to up in trees. She had even experienced a real fight in Bloodclan when her left eye was taken from her. But canine sparring? Rainpaw had never even heard of a thing like that, which was exciting. She was quick to make her way over, ready to learn everything Barkscar had to offer. The she-cat wanted to be the best warrior ever after all, which means learning how to fight against everything. "I'm in." .

skyclan apprentice 14 moons girl ferretpaw x wolfgang tags

• ‘count me in’

Lavenderskies approached first, though he had a deep unshakable distaste for cats who hadn’t spent their whole life in Skyclan, somehow he stifled that hate when it came to certain felines. This older molly, wielded with her unknowingly, that exception. He dipped his head in acknowledgment briskly before offering Rainpuddle that same dip. "First thing’s first" he cleared his throat. "It goes without saying that canines use their teeth alone, therefor their bite has the strength to crush a skull" he continued, taking a claw he dug into the soft soil below and drew out a triangular basic dog head outline. "Everyone attacks them from above and behind. As though this is some for of advantage, fear of being below" he traced his claw over the muzzle. "Below, is the key" he finished out little stick-legs for the dog.

"Dogs are as clumsy as foals on a hill when it comes to their legs. They lack the dexterity that a cat is blessed with" he waved his paw in the air in a strategic ‘z’ shape. "Their greatest weaknesses is below their eyes, anything above and you won’t leave the fight without a nasty bite. " he snorted. "Dogs can reach their head around to every inch of their back, however, the arch of their neck is both hard to reach for you and the dog himself. " he pointed out. "I have a team-effort strategy that would be best for taking out a dog." Barkscar pulls himself up and trots into the clearing.

"Pretend there is a dog behind me. " after the last few words left his muzzle he surged forward, nearing the large oak he flung himself through the air with a mighty spring, before twisting and bouncing from the bark of the tree and springing for the imaginary dog’s foot. "I will confuse the dog and grab his paw, but my comrade must go for the opposite side of the neck and I must leap quickly from his jaws" he panted steadily. "Now, who wants to be the dog?" he offered.

•         tags

The gray she-cat listened carefully to the warriors explanation, watching as he carved a dog figure into the earth. She studied it for a brief moment, before bringing her gaze up to continue to observe what he was saying. Upon him moving, she was quick to follow him into the clearing, tail swaying upwards in interest. His technique seemed incredible, canines were stupid anyhow, so it should be easy in an actual fight to pull what he was explaining off. Then again hoping you don't mess up and get a crushed skull as mentioned...

"I can be the dog." She offered before padding forward, she wasn't too sure she liked the idea however, but forced herself into the role anyways.

• Leo - tom - 11 moons

The stranger carrying the scent of a kitteypet sat watching the cats of SkyClan. He himself has fought a dog! But... It was one of those small toy dogs the size of a cat. All he did was slash it across the nose and it turned tail and ran. There are larger dogs around my nest.... Maybe I should train with them? Standing up, the fat, almost furless tom came over. On his right side of his hip lay a tattoo of a barcode. The importance of it is to identify who he is and where he lives. But only Leo knows this. Somewhat... Padding over closer, the young obese male meowed. "what size dog we talking about? I fought off many small dogs." two. That's how many he chased away. The other five times HE ran away.

yyK0rk0.png

Leo >> Kitteypet >> Tom >> penned by rhybbear

• noEM9q7.gif The young warrior listened, trying to take in all the information she could. This was important stuff that could one day save her life but also her clan. Rainpuddle watched their example and looked to Lavenderskies, who offered to be the dog. She guessed that made her another cat on Barkscar's side. Good. That's where she wanted to be because she thought she could learn the most from that point of view. Her head snapped to the side as the kittypet made themselves known to the rest. Had they just joined or wondered into the territory? Either way, she wasn't about to trust them right off the back. "And who are you?" .

skyclan warrior 14 moons girl ferretpaw x wolfgang tags

•         tags

A small snort came from the silvery molly when she heard Leo approach and state he fought off dogs before. With his scar-less skin she highly doubted it, even if they were smaller. Her green gaze glanced at Rainpuddle, she supposed the kittypet hadn't been roaming around camp long enough yet for everyone to have laid eyes on him.

"No worries, it's just Leo. Minnowstar and I came a cross him roaming around, he's only staying until Minnowstar can help him find his way back home I believe." She told the younger warrior, her optics then landing onto the kittypet. He had to get fairly cold in this weather, she could only imagine what it would be like to roam the forest in leaf-bare with little to no fur.

"We're talking dogs that are most likely taller than both the three of us here combined. As well as foxes." She told the kittypet.

• EJReuvt.png

His nonexistent eyebrows rose. "Oh! My my biggies! I've seen a Rottweiler on a leash before! As well as a German Shepard! Scary dogs! But they all have faults too! Maybe I can help? I've seen a lot of dogs and I can describe them to you? Temperament and most likely weak spots you know?" The tom shivered as cold air came to him, but he didn't let them know he was a tad chilly.

No Tags

yyK0rk0.png

Leo >> Kitteypet >> Tom >> penned by rhybbear