Yeah, that’s where I’m gonna be, because I wanna be- o, joining

The next giveaway is for Overwatch! Check here for more info!

• THIS QUEEN DON’T NEED A KING ——

💫

The small jackal with the heart made out of poison padded around in a line, as if there was some kind of unvisible glass that didn’t let her go in. Or visible?

The truth was, Lindy was deciding whether or not to go into the border. She heard about people that kill without thinking, and she wanted to kill far more people before her life would end. But maybe they were just rumors. She wouldn’t do that herself anyways. The Shadow Veil may have been the good place for her as she heard. But she didn’t really know anything about this place, as she was from far away, born on the treacherous paths of the Treacherous Steppe. But then she decided to go. Her powers could help her get away without harm anyways. Still, she was a bit affraid of possesion- that was one power she particularly didn’t like.

Finally, the black-backed jackal decided to come in. She would just want someone to find her, but she was pretty hungry anyways, and she decided for a bunny. As she hunted the small animal, she stopped in move, and sniffed a little, and she knew what it was- another animal.

I don’t wanna be the puppet that you’re playing on a string

I DON’T KNOW WHAT YOU HAVE BEEN TOLD

BUT THIS GAL RIGHT HERE’S GONNA RULE THE WORLD

~~~~~~~~~~~🔮💎💜💠💜💎🔮~~~~~~~~~~~

She-jackal / 2,3 years / tags / Veiler

• everyone passes border, sometimes intentionally and others unintentional. it seemed today was just another day for that response, and here was nore slowing making her way on rounds on a solo patrol. a easy target to an enemy, sure, but probably just what the jackal was thinking it mind when she picked up the faint scent of shadow veil besides the border. unlike most creatures living in clans, her scent was almost repellent to having the harsh scent of her home on it but it was noticeable. the lanky but long furred turkish angora finds herself stumbled upon a jackal, slowly looking at the other female.

within that broken soul of nore's: her weak, pitiful frame that basically screamed in rejection that she didn't belong in shadow veil but here the duskguard was. "hey-y... name and business, please..." nore would rumble towards the jackal, her aquatic green gaze attempting to hold on the canine before soon falling back to her lighter shaded toes. wow, a emotional wreck: but little does she know that her life is going to take a full 360 degree and take a dive down into the water.

💫

Lindy started a little when she saw the shadow, but then went calm again. It was just a cat... just an ordinary cat, smaller than her. But she smelled like the border, probably a part of the group. Lin didn’t wanna make any mistakes or be too harsh- you never know what powers may an agreloser have.

The cute looking female approached the cat, and responded in the same voice as the cat, but far more official, confident, and without stuttering. The worst thing you can do is stutter in front of an enemy. They will know you are scared, like Lindy knew now. Or the cat didn’t have very good powers, or she was scared because the jackal was bigger. But, let’s do it the jackal way. “Lindy’s the name, mind is the game,” she said the old, cliché, known rhyme that fit her perfectly. She looked at the cat warmly, but coldly (this is messed up, really. It is calmly, ok?) “I would want to join the Shadow Veil,” she said, her paws litting up for a moment with silent flashes of electricity, her tail unnaturally glowing and swishing from side to side.

• lindy? cool, not a name she heard in a while or probably ever. nore was always scared of everything, but it was obvious on her beautiful face that within her aquatic green eyes that she was an disaster. winterdoomsday was dead, dead. the thought caused an harsh wince to appear momentarily, her curved obsidian claws digging into the soil underneath her. the duskguard felt like she couldn't do anything ever, ugh, she was an mess and nothing could ever patch her up. "cool," nore's voice was slowly becoming trembling as she took quiet heavy inhales and exhales before offering a wide smile.

obviously fake behind emotions, her cheeks hurting from holding the smile. "yeah... i'm nore... welcome... i'm nore, a duskguard here..."

💫

The jackal smirked in her mind, but still stayed calm. “Alright, I do not certainly know what a duskguard is, but I think I will learn eventually. Would you be so nice and lead me to the camp? Anyways, tell me something about the group. Who is the leader now?” she asked. Although she tried to look calm and friendly, her tail was always betraying her. The bushy thing was glowing lightly with the electricity, all shining yellow, and just wouldn’t stop no matter what Lin would do.

And although Lindy knew her name sounded more than sweet, this wasn’t actually her birthname- that was the name she got after killing her brother and her family exiling her. It was about the meaning of the name. And you would need to do a LOT of research to find it, because mostly people said things like ‘beautiful’ or ‘life’.

She tried to tuck the stupid tail between her legs, and she hoped the cat who looked pretty lost in their own thoughts anyways would not notice. “What’s your name again?”

The post was edited 1 time, last by Lindy ().

• A newcomer. There were a lot of members in the Veil, but Soundcheck was always open to having more. Sighing, he would make his way up. Even though he was grieving, as the new Shadowkeeper, he had to be around. "That, uh, would be me." His rigidness and strong poise was gone. To him, Winter dying was the same as any one of his kids dying. He felt just as much immense grief. Every pawstep was a struggle. "The name's Soundcheck. Shadowkeeper, or leader here. And, uh, that's Nore. What's your name?"

(c)trexgirl

JUST ANOTHER REGRET, HOPE THAT YOU CAN KEEP IT

tags — roleplayed by: averie

💫

Lindy’s ears twitched and the tips flashed for a little, when she saw the hellhound. Now she was even more aware. But, although the dog looked pretty big and strong, the way he spoke made Lin a little confused again. ‘Uh’ wasn’t what she thought she would hear from the leader. But she replied peacefully and friendly, with a pup’s passion. “Nice to meet you,” she replied with a slight bow, eyes still on the leader. “My name is Lindy, or just Lin.” As she spoke, her tail was being nasty, again. Having such a tail was a curse for someone who wanted to keep their feelings and aggression private. But it was still the most powerful source of electricity she had.

• "Welcome to the Veil, Lindy." the dark striped cat addressed Shadow Veil's newest member, recalling how over a month ago she had done nearly the same thing, exuberantly questioning Togaral about the ranks of the Clan and its inhabitants. It occurred to her that the only people who remained in those ranks were Yuu and Soundcheck - Amour was gone, Winterdoomsday was gone, Katherine was gone...Her mint eyes had an unfocused look for a moment, before she returned to herself and offered a tight smile. "My name is Lastbastion, it's a pleasure. I am another Duskguard here. And what my Clanmates here have yet to mention is that we have something in the Veil called an Ascension quest. This voluntary quest is undertaken in an attempt to prove your worth and loyalty to the Clan. Completing it will earn you the title of Blackheart and a ring." the Blackheart stretched out her right foreleg, on which glimmered her own ring, bronze and emblazoned with the image of a mountain. "Be warned, however: Ascension quests are difficult, and specifically tailored to you. They may directly involve your weaknesses, and there is no guarantee that you'll be able to complete the quest given to you."

look at you, all dressed up for someone you never see —

lastbastion | formerly known as charlotte | information | currently pregnant | played by merioneth

• //Huh, Lindy has to hunt down and kill some enemy or someone they don’t like. But who would just kill of their characters and let her do that? NPCs can’t be used´ I guess.

• //no, they can be used! if lin, say, resents her mother and her mother is an npc, she can kill her! killing npcs off is fine as they aren't played by anyone, but if you want to kill off a person's character, get their permission first

of course i can give you a different quest as well, just shoot me a pm!

• //Okay, the quest is just fine, I can do her NPC sister that came for revenge for example? Could I do an oneshot in storage and link you, or I have to do an oneshot in the SV that the others can join and comment or something?

• //yeah, you can do her npc sister if you want! you can post a oneshot here in the shadow veil board and tag me in it, with the @ symbol, like:

soundcheck