The Grey (Jump-In Wolf RP)

We've done a few more changes to the site you can read about HERE
  • giphy.gif

One lone wolf walks through the snowy icy tundra alone. Nobody knows where they’re going. All they know is that the wolf needs to get there, and moves with a purpose. Soon, other wolves show up. Each also traveling for a specific reason. However, the winter months are unkind to travelers, even resident beasts like these. While each wolf needs to get somewhere for a specific cause, pure will and determination alone aren’t going to get them very far. Slowly, but surely, the wolves begin to talk and work together. Eventually, this begins to create a wolf pack.

Rules

1. No sex or birthing scenes, they can happen but blur them out. No one needs to see that.

2. There will be gore, but it will be very mild, such as mild amounts of blood and small injuries. Characters can have limbs missing, but please don’t explain in detail how they lost them.

3. I’m indifferent about swearing, just no offensive slurs.

4. No fighting OOC, but it is perfectly acceptable IC.

5. You can’t have a relationship with or kill someone else’ character without asking their owner for permission first.

6. Please no godmodding, Mary Sues, or other OP characters. No one can be perfect.

7. Please no mate begging.

8. Don’t even bother asking for high positions right away, as the thread will start off when the wolves are traveling and they just begin to interact with each other. So basically before they start forming the pack.

9. LGBTQ welcome.

10. This is a jump-in thread so you do not have to make or ask for a form.

11. This is a semi-advanced to advanced thread, so please try to use detailed paragraphs for your posts. No one liners unless you absolutely have a reason to.

12. Pm me if you have any questions, comments, concerns, or any major plot ideas.

13. Have fun!

tumblr_o5h6q3VOau1v85b4wo1_500.gif

Endim’s paws pressed against the snow that was the same character lor of her pelt beneath her. It was getting tougher and tougher to walk this distance. Her legs burned from walking nonstop, and her weight was bringing her down. It was impossible to stop moving. While she had to rest and hunt for food, the winter months were unkind to wolves like her, and even if she prevented her ears from getting frostbite, there were still the larger beasts that roamed the tundra. No, she couldn’t stay negative. She had to do it for them. The white wolf swayed a bit as she continued to walk, her tongue hanging and causing her to pant. However, the fire of determination in her eyes would be the only thing to warm her, and she would keep on going, and she would only be stopped when she was dead.

Note: I deeply and sincerely apologize if I randomly become inactive on RPs. Know that I mean no ill-will and that I may occasionally become randomly inactive due to the fact that I sometimes have no will to do anything, even if it is things that I do genuinely enjoy. I will try to respond when I am able to get out of the funk and anxiety that sometimes happens, and if you wish to reboot a thread that I may have accidentally killed, I will do whatever I can to help you.

The post was edited 1 time, last by KairosLion ().

• Bump

Note: I deeply and sincerely apologize if I randomly become inactive on RPs. Know that I mean no ill-will and that I may occasionally become randomly inactive due to the fact that I sometimes have no will to do anything, even if it is things that I do genuinely enjoy. I will try to respond when I am able to get out of the funk and anxiety that sometimes happens, and if you wish to reboot a thread that I may have accidentally killed, I will do whatever I can to help you.

• 117240201-288-k597024.jpg

Freya ran and ran. Snow and dead plants crunched beneath ber grey paws. She stood out against the blinding white of the snow, but that wasnt her concern. She knew she had somewhere to be. She could feel it in her bones. If only her muscles could feel it too. As she pushed herself, she could feel her body giving out. Cold, hard determination showed in her grey eyes.

That is, until her body gave way to exhaustion. She was sent tumbling in the snow, landing in an unconscious heap.

"I like the sad eyes,

Bad guys,

Mouth full of

White lies."

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQD0WX_7wnbtE7nBbdEm_AvuDHPmBZjkbDI3NoPaDhwxUzhKCZL

• NOTICE: I’m too lazy to change my post but Laika is now Askabans sister and the pups are the alpha of their packs

8f2852c9c99bee04e1dad862595d6195.gif

Cerberus ran upon the barren landscape with a snark upon his muzzle, what an idiot he had been to leave his pack so willingly. He was the next in line, the future alpha! Yet something had drawn him out to the snow covered land, some urge he couldn’t explain. “What am I even doing here... maybe I should turn back.” He mumbled to himself then shook his head. “No the pack would never accept me now.” His glowing red eyes washed over the valley of snow he had landed upon trying to see if anything was there, some food would be nice. Then there! A rabbit! Cerberus grinned and raced down, pursuing the creature but as he came near the male realized it wasn’t prey at all but a she-wolf. Still hot in pursuit the black male pounced on the white pelted female and growled. “Who are you? And are you here for the same reason that I am?” His voice demanded respect and he flipped her over onto her back so he could look at her, face to face.

tumblr_olwpovcY9v1umec4vo6_500.gif

Askaban sighed and looked behind him at the deeply pregnant female, his claimed female. She had originally been a concubine to a lusty male until her young heart fell for Askaban, when she figured out her pups were to be his the alpha kicked them out. The young male felt it was his responsibility to care for Laika and her pups, even if there was no longer any true love in their relationship. “How are you feeling, darling?” He asked gently, slowing his pace to walk beside her. “I’m alright, just a little tired that’s all... Where are we going by the way?” She replied, quickening her pace so she wouldn’t be slowing the male down. Askaban shrugged and looked at Laika with a sad smile. “I don’t know... I’m sorry you had to be dragged down with me.” He said pausing to press his nose to her stomach in a loving gesture.

7vs.gif

{this is Laika and her three future pups}

• //track!

• tumblr_inline_n2hnqzLrJf1rpk3gm.jpg

Snow crunched beneath the large, white-toed paws of the old wolf. His breath was becoming shorter; the journey had taken an obvious toll on the more weathered individual. He was followed by two stragglers, his grandchildren. The three of them were the last surviving members of their small family pack, picked off one at a time by those human savages. Somehow he had managed to escape with the two youngest members of the pack, still juveniles learning the ways of the world. Ears flat against his skull, Baravan glanced back at the two littermates, molten eyes growing tired. "We should find a place to rest for the night," He huffed, beginning to scan the tundra for any sign of shelter.

fc9d6fad9ebdef8c2b488d56807ebf7c.png

Ersi grunted as she followed along, her paws aching from the long journey. At the ripe age of two years, she had never been forced to make such a trek. She cast a side-glance at her brother before pushing onwards, her tail hanging limp at her heels. Exhaustion was seeping into her body, a temporary distraction from the cold she felt rising up through her paw pads.

c9d85721-5b3e-4ed0-9edf-5f02640b563e.jpg

Maksim pricked his ears at his grandfather's news and flashed his sister a toothy grin, only earning himself an eye-roll. He had been complaining for nearly the entire journey and he was eager to rest. Sure, he was a youthful, fit wolf, but that didn't mean he had to enjoy trudging through snow to an unknown destination. Giving his dark fur a thorough shake, the young male picked up a small trot and scanned the land laid out before him, air puffing out of his nose as he took in all of the scents.

My Trad. Characters

Brightstar -- WindClan Leader

Shellfire -- ThunderClan Warrior

Frogchirp -- RiverClan Warrior

Serpentstripe -- ThunderClan Warrior

Gaia -- BloodClan Tyro

Moosepaw -- DarkClan Apprentice

Sunny -- Rogue

Tuftedpaw -- SkyClan Daylight Apprentice

Osage Clinging to Crag -- ToRW Kit

Freya woke, still tired. She was hungry and cold, but she knew she needed sleep. More importantly, she needed to get out of the thick snow. Standing on shaking legs, she spotted three wolves, one old and two young, coming in her direction. She was too weak to even think of fighting anyone off. Turning, she slowly trudged the direction shed been going the whole time.

"I like the sad eyes,

Bad guys,

Mouth full of

White lies."

• Image result for aggressivewolf pics

Corrado|| 4 years|| Crush: none yet|| Interacting with: Freya

The male was tired and irritated, hungry from his travels. He was alone, no longer part of a pack that he'd long since been separated from. Corrado sniffed at the wind, detecting others around him. Were they close, or had the breeze carried their scents from far off? Over a hill, he spotted another wolf. A female, laying in the snow as if she were dead. On guard, Corrado bounded down the hill, pausing a few feet away from her body. Was she breathing? Just as he was about to speak, she seemed to wake up. She stared off in one direction, where three more wolves had suddenly appeared. Corrado's hackles rose aggressively, not in the mood to be confronted. He did, however, want to make sure the she wolf was alright. "Do you often just fall asleep in the middle of nowhere?" He asked, a tone of humour in his voice so as not to frighten her.

• tumblr_o5h6q3VOau1v85b4wo1_500.gif

As the startled she wolf braced herself. Endim made sure she cushioned everytime the black beast threw her against the ground with her back or her withers, protecting her stomach. She angrily growled and threw him off her, before giving him a warning bite on the ear. “What is your deal? Tackling down wolves minding their own business, not even in your territory. Don’t you get it through your thick skull? Look around you. There are other wolves passing through this area. This isn’t exactly a weird spot to find a wolf.” She said, before trotting off. Endim shook her head, both trying to recover, and in disbelief of this wolf’s odd behavior. After mentioning the other wolves, she began to notice them more and more. Why were there so many wolves passing through this area? She knew that it was normal for wolves to travel places, but this was rather ridiculous, if not, coincidental. Endim still couldn’t shake the strange shadow pelted wolf from her head. Perhaps he lived with or was experimented on by humans and escaped, hence why he didn’t act like a normal wolf. Or maybe he was just shy and didn’t know how to interact with females yet. Endim snickered to herself. She wasn’t planning on getting a mate, not now at least. “Its alright, you’re going to be fine.” She whispered, facing downwards towards her underbelly.

Interacting with: Corrado

Freya jumped as the big male spoke. "I-im just... exhausted." She swayed as she stood in front if him. Her tail drooped and her hears hung limp. "I didnt mean to fall asleep."

She was afraid she would be attacked. With this big male in front of her and three more wolves coming this way, she feared she wouldnt be able to defend herself for once.

"I like the sad eyes,

Bad guys,

Mouth full of

White lies."

• tumblr_inline_n2hnqzLrJf1rpk3gm.jpg

Baravan | Male | 8 years old

The old male paused for a moment, his bright eyes narrowing as he caught sight of something in the distance. There were wolves here! Immediately, the fur along his back began to bristle as he realized he might have led his grandchildren into danger. Baravan cast a look over his shoulder, growling, "Stay behind me. We might be on another pack's territory." Looking straight ahead again, he was able to spot a couple more canines out there. It seemed they had been spotted. He entertained the thought of turning back and leaving this place, but he couldn't bring himself to head right back to where his pack had been slaughtered. Proceeding with caution, the old male began to approach the area, holding his tail out behind him warily.

Ersi | Female | 2 years old

At her grandfather's words, Ersi's exhaustion was replaced with a mixture of shock and fear. She straightened herself and hugged closer to her small family, ears erect and eyes wide and alert. Would these wolves be friendly? Or would they chase them out? She had never really encountered many wolves outside of her family pack and so the female didn't quite know what to expect. Her amber eyes scanned the wolves as they grew closer, nervousness coming off of her in waves.

Maksim | Male | 2 years old

At the mention of a potential pack ahead, Maksim's tail gave a soft wag. He was a friendly wolf, never one to challenge others. Because of this, he wasn't particularly scared of meeting these new wolves, but his grandfather's caution and his sister's fear did enough to make him worry. His tail and head hung rather low as he followed Baravan's lead, lifting his head every so often to get a better look at the group.

My Trad. Characters

Gaia -- BloodClan Tyro

Sunny -- Rogue

• 8f2852c9c99bee04e1dad862595d6195.gif

The shadowy black wolf growled as the female simply just walked off and bounded after her. “as an alpha! Well... an alpha to be.” He said, towering over her, his red eyes piercing and vicious. “What is your name?” He asked her. The males ears pricked up as a females cry pierced the ear. Cerebus pinned his ears and snorted. “What is going on?” He mumbled under his breath searching the area, stepping in front of the female in a protective manner. Being a bit of a player Cerebus always picked out a female and tried to win her favor.

tumblr_olwpovcY9v1umec4vo6_500.gif

*with Laika*

7vs.gif

Laika cried out in pain as her stomach hurt terribly and she crumpled into the snow. Her yelp echoed through the snowy valleys and she shivered. “No... not yet just wait... just wait!”

(I’m changing it so Laika is not longer Askabans mate, she’s his younger sister)

Corrado|| 4 years|| Crush: none yet|| Interacting with: Freya, Maksim, Ersi, Baravan

The she wolf's words were definitely the truth, anyone could see she was almost dead on her feet. Her fear was strong, and Corrado didn't like that. He had no where else to be, perhaps he could offer his assistance to her. "I see. I assume you've got no pack to look out for you? Me neither." Corrado hoped that sharing a tad about himself would make the she wolf feel a little more comfortable. His gaze flickered to the trio of wolves heading towards them, moving to stand beside the female. "I'm Corrado, by the way." He added, before facing the approaching three. "We're not looking for trouble." The male said, though he didn't think they'd be getting any. The group seemed as wary as he was, except for one, but he was friendly.

• tumblr_o5h6q3VOau1v85b4wo1_500.gif

Drawn Picture/DOTW Picture

Endim|3 1/2 Years|Female|Currently In Heat?: Is Pregnant|Interaction: Cerberus, Askaban, and Laika ( Jaybird ) (and kind of everyone else)

OOC: Bam! I made a template since everyone else was doing it. Also, Jaybird that’s fine, you can change it. However, I urge you to edit your first post then, as it now has some unfortunate implications.

IC: Endim pushed pass Cerberus. She had no time for his assertion of dominance or games. There was a piercing cry of a fellow shewolf in the distance, and she sounded she needed help. Endim raced through the snow lades ground to find a white wolf like herself, going into labor, with a second wolf next to her. Endim’s cautious face softened, as she could relate to her in many different ways. “Are you okay? I heard your cry from a few paces north, but don’t worry. I’m here to help you.” She said calmingly to the new mother. She then turned her head and called out into the distance for someone, anyone. “Is anybody here a healer!?!”

• //Just to make sure I have everything straight, right now there are two groups, Freya, Corrado, Maksim, Ersi, and Baravan in one, Endim, Laika, Askaban, and Cerberus in the other?

Interacting with: Corrado, Maksim, Ersi, Baravan

Freya couldn't find the strength to nose in confirmation that she was, indeed alone. Everything in her ached from exhaustion. She was happy when she male showed he wasnt any threat. When he stepped to her side, she found herself leaning on him slightly, taking some weight off her paws.

When he told her his name, she replied with her own. "I'm Freya." She allowed him to do the talking with the three wolves

//yessss that is correct

"I like the sad eyes,

Bad guys,

Mouth full of

White lies."

• (Yes, though I made Endim call out for a healer if any of you are interested in having one of your characters come over and help with the delivery.)

• Baravan being the old boi that he is could run to their aid; he's likely seen lots of births in his life

tumblr_inline_n2hnqzLrJf1rpk3gm.jpg

Baravan | Male | 8 years old

"Good," The old wolf barked gruffly, coming to a halt a few tail-lengths in front of the pair. "Neither are we." His words were kind, although he held himself in a stoic manner. Years of experience would do that to a wolf. He cleared his throat and locked eyes with the male; he seemed to be the one to talk to out of the two of them. "My name is Baravan. These are my kin, Maksim and Ersi. We are just passing through, we mean no harm to your pack." Of course, he had no way of knowing these two wolves were not a part of a larger pack. But, it was always safe to assume.

While his grandchildren made their introductions, Baravan picked up the sound of a desperate shriek. His ears pricked and he cast a confused look at the pair of strangers, wondering if they knew what was going on. Unable to ignore the panic in the calling voice, the male pivoted on his heels and loped towards the sound, his tail flagging out behind him. It wasn't long before he spotted a larger group of wolves. Worry began to work its way into his chest, but he was able to tell that someone was in trouble. As he got closer, it became evident that a young she-wolf was giving birth. He paused a short ways away, not wanting to scare the gang of canines. "Allow me to help," He offered, glancing at each of the wolves for permission.

Ersi | Female | 2 years old

The pair of strangers seemed nice enough, so Ersi stepped fully out from behind her grandfather and offered a polite dip of her head. "Pleased to meet you," She murmured, although her eyes showed concern at the other female's seeming exhaustion. She jumped slightly when Baravan sped from her side and across the tundra before disappearing over a slope. "What on earth?" She barked, casting a bewildered glance at her brother, who returned her look of shock.

Maksim | Male | 2 years old

Maksim had been about to greet the two wolves himself before Baravan fled the scene. He gave Ersi a look before returning his gaze to the other two wolves, wondering how they would respond. He hoped they wouldn't find it odd or terrifying enough to do anything rash, but he could guess that they heard the desperate howling as well.

My Trad. Characters

Gaia -- BloodClan Tyro

Sunny -- Rogue

Corrado|| 4 years|| Crush: none yet|| Interacting with: Freya, Maksim, Ersi, Baravan

Freya. A nice name, and he nodded his head in acknowledgment. Corrado turned his head briefly at the panicked cry, but didn't move. He was wary of what such sounds would attract, and he had closer problems to deal with right now. After Baravan assured them that his group meant no harm also, his tension eased. "Greetings, all of you. I'm Corrado, and this is Freya. We're not part of a pack, simply passing through as well." When Baravan darted off, Corrado looked to the two wolves he'd left behind. Maksim and Ersi. "Perhaps you should follow him, make sure he has back up for whatever he's facing." It was just a suggestion, Corrado didn't really know what else to say to the two. Freya was leaning against him for support, and probably could benefit from a proper sleep in a safe place. If the other two moved on, he could find a sheltered place for her to rest.

Interacting with: Corrado, Makism, Ersi, Baravan

Freya watched as Corrado talked with the three wolves, now announced as Baravan, Ersi, and Makism. They seemed harmless. They were smart in assuming her and Corrado were in a pack. You never know where a pack might be.

When a cry rang out, Freya found herself lifting her head. More wolves?! She watched as Baravan raced off, leaving his kin behind. when Corrado suggested Makism and Ersi follow him, Freya nodded her approval. As much as she wanted to know what's going on, she knew she was in no shape to fight of she had to. All she needed was rest. She'd be able to track the wolves later.

"I like the sad eyes,

Bad guys,

Mouth full of

White lies."