introduction ✦ world ✦ species ✦ rules ✦ form ✦ characters ✦ important threads ✦ q&a
There was a time when kings still ruled the Earth. A time where war could be right around the corner and people were always on feet. A time when fantasy and reality seemed to blend together.
One day, long before our story ever takes place, a prophecy was foretold.
When years grow long and peace seems to fall
The world itself will rock and no longer will stand tall
The skies above and earth below will seem to quake
As destruction rises from thin air and causes all to brake
Say your prays and hide your souls from these screaming ghosts
Or be devoured by the devils and the ghouls they hosts
When the War of All Creatures comes around
The Army of the Heaven's will save the crown
Children born with scale and claw
With dragon eggs and powers of awe
Having the help of Elves and those who side
They hope to conquer the rising tide
We all must hope with all our might and heart
Trusting these simple words to a fault
For the Children of the Scale will come to save our fall
Or we drown in our blood as war consumes us all
Years grew in number and the prophecy was soon forgotten to the world. All that remained from it were the stories people had created, of dragon riders and elves and the "War of All Creatures". People treated the seeming doom of all the Earth as if it was a children's bedtime story. For how could people be born with dragon scales if dragon's didn't exist? And how could Elves and magic be real if they were already lore long before the prophecy even came to be? The current king, King Galidon, kept the written prophecy out on guarded display, as he was the only person still believing in the words and was trying to remind his people of what was to come.
Far off, in a small village near the very edge of the borders, was born a small child with golden scales across her shoulders and teeth as sharp as diamonds. The first known Dragon Child. The first sign of the pending doom to come.
Our story takes place in the Land of Domum, a diverse and peaceful kingdom that was well known through out the world for being one of the greatest of all kingdoms. The royal line was full of kind and just rulers that cared deeply for the land and all of it's inhabitants. There are three main groups of people currently living in the land: humans, nymphs, and scaviens. The fourth sector of the land is considered a very holy place and has not been walked upon in thousands of years.
Humans are the heaviest population found in Domum. The king himself is human. They are the least fantasy looking out of the inhabitants of the land, with no outwards traits of offense or defense. They usually stick to their smarts and wit to help them and have been know to be the best hunters despite their physical abilities. They are great architects and have built most of the cities in the the kingdom. They are very in touch with the animals of the land, and have been know to worship them. (They are much like the American Indians.)
Nymphs are the most graceful and agile of all the inhabitants. They also have the most diverse looks. Some can look almost human while others can be seemingly made of water or mist. They often hold some small amount of water manipulation magic, or are really good with spiders and silkworms. They can breath underwater, or simply can hold their breath for much longer than other creatures could. They are very fierce and feisty beings, but love to party and will hold festivals several times a year. They seem to sever the best drinks in the whole kingdom.
Scavians were thought to be the Children of the Dragon at first, seeing as they look very lizard-like, but the theory was soon cast away. While they did share some aspects with the fabled dragons, they didn't own any scales. The closes thing they had were horns. They were more like salamanders than lizards. Many see them as intimidating and they are speculated to be very much into war and death. None of it's true. The Scavians are jokesters, and are very family oriented. They are the most savage of the people, but will only attack if you threaten their family. They worship the river and the animals around it, often portraying their gods as anthropomorphic beings like them. (Much like the Egyptian gods).
Elves are though to simply be the people of legend, but are in fact real. They live in the Sacred Woods, and are the ones protecting them. They are very diverse in the way of magic, and have been protecting their territory with it for centuries. They block themselves off from the others not in pride (though that what some of them believe). They block themselves off so they won't have a repeat of several hundred years ago, when they were nearly wiped out. They look very much like humans, but are several feet taller and are a lot like cats. The have long pointed ears feline-like eyes, and sharp teeth. Some even have animal aspects to them, like horns, wings, or ears. They are usually thin and agile on their feet. They are good with creatures of nature, and animals seem drawn to them and their calmness. They are a very peaceful group, and but are ready for anything that may come their way. They are usually blunt and very straightforward. They are also the most romantic.
Hybrids are exactly what they sound like. Anyone born of parents of two different peoples are labled hybrids, but it's not bad. It's just uncommon. They are usually found around Medietas Regno or by the borders of two regions.
Dragons are even more of a legend than Elves. They are worshiped by the elves and are seen as the highest of beings. They symbolize justice and all things included. There are ten types of dragons: Fire, Water, Earth, Air, Lightning, Plant, Shade, Light, Ghost, and Space.
- Fire(Taken): These dragons are all about heat and flames. Some are made of molten rock and spew lava while others are made of flaming scales and spit fire. Some even cause explosions. These dragons are usually the most flame resistance and are weak to Water, Earth, and Space dragons. They're good with Air and Lightning dragons.
- Water(Taken): These dragons are the graceful ones, and are also the most proper. Mostly. They usually have smooth scales and spit either a watery blast or ice. Mist is a little harder to find with them, but they're there. They can breath underwater and a weak against Fire, Lighting, Plant, and Light dragons. They are good with Space Dragons, and sometimes Plant in very special conditions.
- Earth(Taken): These dragons aren't able to spit anything, but a thick and built like a tank. They have a high pain tolerance and are the strongest of the dragons (in physical terms). They have a high resistance to flames and lightning, and a weak against Water, Plant, and Ghost dragons. They are good to team up with Shade, Light, and Space dragons.
- Air(Taken): Possibly the most whimsical dragon, besides the Ghost. They are usually covered in fur or a cloud-like wool and spit toxic gases or powerful gusts of wind. They also have the largest wings. They are the least resistant dragon, incompatible with Fire, Earth, Plant, Ghost, and Space dragons. The only dragons they work well with are Water, Lightning, and Shade dragons.
- Lightning(Taken): Jumpy and spastic, these dragons love to play around. They have so much energy that it literally forms into lightning that they shoot out. They are resistant against Water, Shade, and Ghost dragons, are weak against Earth and Space dragons, and work well with Light Dragons.
- Plant(Taken): Friendliest of the ground, and often made of tree bark, moss, and other plants. They can control plants and have a minor healing ability. They can spit thorns if they are made of thorny plants. They are resistant to Water and Earth dragons, weak against Fire, Lightning, Shade, and Space dragons, and good with Water, Earth, Air, and Light dragons.
- Shade(Taken): Often seen as the Demon dragon. Red eyes are common and their scales are usually black, navy blue, or midnight purple in color. They can spit a black mist or ink, control shadows, and have the sharpest claws/teeth of the dragons, sometimes even made of diamond. The are resistant to all except Light dragons, which are their weakness, and work well with Air, Ghost and Space dragons.
- Light(Taken): Often seen as the Holy dragon. Golden or blue eyes are common and their scales are usually white, light grays, or yellows. They can spit clouds, can control light, and have a major healing ability. Resistant to all except Shade dragons, who are their weakness, and are good with Fire, Lightning, Plant, and Space dragons.
- Ghost(Taken): The most grotesque or whimsical of the dragons, often made of bones and looking to be dead or made of a glowing mist. All have pure white eyes and can pass through surfaces. They have the unique ability so see dreams/nightmares and warp them to their will. They also have fangs that hold a deadly toxin in them that decays anything it touches. They are resistant to Water, Earth, and Shade dragons, weak against Fire, Lightning, Light, and Space dragons, and work well with Water, Air, and Shade dragons.
- Space(Taken): The rarest of the dragons. They come in all shapes and sizes and can be mistaken for Shade dragons if they have the look. They can create portals that teleport distances depending on their strength and stamina. They also have a minor healing ability, and venomous teeth. They also don't need air to keep alive. Resistant to all except Ghost dragons, which they're weak against, and work well with Water and Light dragons.
Dragons With Dragon Children:
Dragon and the Dragon Children have almost a platonic soulmate bond. When a Dragon Child is born, the dragon chosen to watch over them will suddenly feel a strong pull in the direction they’re in. If the dragon doesn’t follow the pull, it will become physically painful and to the point of near torture. When the two finally lock eyes, there’s a sudden snap, like something missing finally found it’s place. The Dragon Child will immediately know how to speak Dragon Tongue and will be the only one, beside other dragons and Dragon Children, to understand them. They gain an emotional connection where they can feel each other’s emotions and any physical pains. If separated for too long or by a long distance, the two will start to feel pain much like the dragon would before meeting their Dragon Child. The Dragon Child also has a small portion of their dragon’s power.
- All FF Rules apply.
- One dragon/Dragon Child per person. You can play as many characters as you want but none that are either of those after one.
- Please keep the genders equal. We don't need fifty of one gender and two of the other.
- Please keep the species equal as well.
- Please don't bully. That's just childishly bad and will be reported.
- Cussing is allowed but please keep it down. (Coming up with curses is not prohibited. This is a different world.)
- Please ask before messing with other people's characters.
- Any major plots should be run by me, but minor plotting between characters is fine.
- Black out any R-Rated scenes or birthing scenes. Keep it PG-13 please.
- Please have good writing skills. Five sentences per post at minimum.
- I'm bad at making rules, so if I missed anything or you have any questions or problems, run them by me. Also, add your favorite of the dragon types in the Others section if you read this.
- [center](Image Here)
- [fancypost=margin: 0 auto; max-width: 600px; text-align: justify; font-family: arial; font-size: 14px; color: COLOR;][fancypost='height: 50px; font-family: timesnewroman; font-size: 40px; color: COLOR; overflow: hidden;'][center]FIRST AND LAST NAME[/center][/fancypost]
- [fancypost='height: 27px; text-align: right; font-family: timesnewroman; font-size: 23px; color: COLOR; overflow: hidden;']BASICS[/fancypost]
- Name: First - Middle - Last
- Meaning of Name:
- Blood Type:
- Position: (Royalty, sub-royalty[ruler of a race], knight, rogue, civilian, Dragon Child[include dragon], etc.)
- Homeland: (One of the main cities, nearby on of the main cities)
- [fancypost='height: 27px; text-align: right; font-family: timesnewroman; font-size: 23px; color: COLOR; overflow: hidden;']APPEARANCE[/fancypost]
- Brief description
- Clothing Style: (pic, description, or both)
- Hair Style: (pic, description, or both)
- Accessories: (pic, description, or both)
- [fancypost='height: 27px; text-align: right; font-family: timesnewroman; font-size: 23px; color: COLOR; overflow: hidden;']PERSONALITY[/fancypost]
- Brief description
- [fancypost='height: 27px; text-align: right; font-family: timesnewroman; font-size: 23px; color: COLOR; overflow: hidden;']ABILITIES[/fancypost]
- Magic?: Yes/No
- - If so, what?:
- Physical Abilities?: Yes/No
- - If so, what?:
- Weapons?: Yes/No
- - If so, what?:
- Misc. Abilities: (sign language, good author, singer, good with certain instrument, etc.)
- [fancypost='height: 27px; text-align: right; font-family: timesnewroman; font-size: 23px; color: COLOR; overflow: hidden;']RELATIONS[/fancypost]
- [align=right][b]Family Name -✦-✦-[/b][/align]
- Father: Name - Status
- Mother: Name - Status
- Brother(s): (If so) Name - Status
- Sister(s): (If so) Name - Status
- Additional Family: (If so) Name - Status
- Pet(s): (If so) Name - Species - Status
- Friend(s): (If so) Name - Status
- Significant Other?: Yes/No
- - If so, who?: Name - Status
- Child(ren)?: Yes/No
- - If so, who?: Name - Status
- [fancypost='height: 27px; text-align: right; font-family: timesnewroman; font-size: 23px; color: COLOR; overflow: hidden;']HISTORY[/fancypost]
- [fancypost='height: 27px; text-align: right; font-family: timesnewroman; font-size: 23px; color: COLOR; overflow: hidden;']ADDITIONAL INFORMATION[/fancypost]
- Trivia: (Optional)
- [fancypost='margin: 0 auto; max-width: 600px; height: 16px; text-align: center; font-family: arial; font-size: 6px; color: silver; overflow: hidden;']template © imagination | info © YOUR USERNAME[/fancypost]
Qothoarrass "Q" Qoadhanti
Sign Ups - You're Here
Plot/Chat - Here
Roleplay - N/A
Q & A
Do I have to play one of your dragons?
Yes, they're part of the plot. You can customize them in the guidelines I gave, but nothing beyond.
Can I play an Elf?
Yes! Go right ahead! You can play any of the species!
Can I play just a Dragon?
No, sorry. A dragon comes with a rider, and vice versa.
How many characters can I play?
As listed in the rules, you can play as many as you want, but only one Dragon Child/Dragon.
Can I play a bad guy?
Yes, but not now. They will be introduced later with their own species and everything.
Can I make a subspecies (pet or animal found in the kingdom)?
Totally! I would love to see all the little creatures you guys make. I outlined the kingdom, but you're all adding detail. :)
Are Dragon Children any specific species?
Nope! They can be Human, Nymph, Scavian, Elven, or even Hybrid!
This Dragon's taken, but can I play another one?
Nope. Only one dragon per type.
If you have any other question, please feel free to ask!