WONDERFUL WONDERFUL [o, joining]

The winner of the latest giveaway is: Bobbar7857! Congratulations to them!

The next giveaway is for Monster Hunter: World! Check here for more info!
  • GAVIN

He was alive. He’d been inhabiting this body for almost two months now, but the idea of being made of flesh and blood still surprised him. Every day he looked down at his body and smiled. Not out of joy, but relief. He was still here, this body was his to keep. The idea of emotions, being able to think, being able to feel, Gavin couldn’t describe what that meant to him. All he knew was that everything was strange to him. Joy, sadness, anger, it was all new. the android- no, former android, had kept to himself since getting resurrected, but acting on a sudden impulse, Gavin had found himself seeking out the company of others. He wished to share his joy with others, and to see what else this body of his had in store.

The akita had been travelling for a while when he came across a traveler, who had kindly pointed him in the direction of Shadow Veil. They hadn’t stuck around long enough to give him any details regarding the place, and for a moment Gavin missed his previous form. Having access to a database in his head had been useful when he needed more information about a certain subject. But he also accepted the fact that the database wouldn’t have been any help, considering he had never visited this so called “Shadow Veil” before. It wasn’t long before he had pushed the thought of his head completely, and had started off in the supplied direction.

Gavin arrived at what he assumed to be Shadow Veil’s border sometime around dusk, noting the presence of a border line before stopping to take in his surroundings. He’d been admiring the scenery prior to his arrival, but it wasn’t until now that he really got a good look of the place. Pine trees covered the land in all directions, their dense canopy blocking what little light was left in the sky. One might’ve been scared, but Gavin was too occupied by feelings such as curiosity and wonder to feel afraid. After taking everything in- or at least what he could in this lighting, Gavin turned his attention back to the border. He was tempted to call out, draw attention to himself, but remembering his experience with Blizzardclan, the canine figured that if he waited long enough, somebody would come and greet him.

[ahh sorry, this is a bit rushed!]

I ALWAYS ACCOMPLISH MY MISSION.

NO MATTER WHO STANDS IN MY WAY

• // my character is "out of town" rn, as it were, so she can't be here, but I wanted to post and offer you a warm welcome! this character looks fascinating and I can't wait to write with him <3

(and please don't apologize, your post is lovely)

• WINTERDOOMSDAY

Every joiner have their own way of getting their business done at the border. The least effective way, in her own opinion, was just standing there doing nothing. Sure, that was better than doing something wrong, but it didn't attract anyone's attention until a lot later. Unless they like waiting. Slipping out from the dense dark forest, a pair of blue and green eyes fell upon the stranger. On the outside, he seems pretty much normal to her, but one could never know anyone based on the appearance. "Hello, what brings you here to Shadow Veil's borders?" Winter asked cordially, peering at Gavin with a slight curiosity.

& I'M CLIMBING AND FIGHTING IN THE DARK

TRYING NOT TO FALL APART AND BREAK YOUR HEART

INACTIVE FROM FRIDAY 21.09 TO MONDAY 24.09

• [ sincerely ]

Milktea was present, too, coming up from behind Winterdoomsday. The flowers in her pelt hissed at her in her head to smile and be polite, and so she did. The corners of her lips curled upwards into an awkward, shaky smile as her black orbs took the stranger in. Was this how she looked when she attempted to join Shadow Veil only days ago? It felt strange to be on the other side of things this time around. The ragdoll was only there for a moment before her hallucinations got the better of her, and in seconds, she was staring a little too intently at Gavin.

tags

AREN'T YOU SOMETHING TO ADMIRE?

tags + resident psycho + penned by dani

• GAVIN

Although he had been expecting someone to show up for quite some time, the canine found himself flinching at Winter's appearance. It was... embarrassing. He reflexively cleared his throat, and after settling into a less compromising position, Gavin reminded himself that an answer was required. "What brings me here?" He repeated Winter's question out-loud, facial features briefly contorting with confusion. Although the inquiry was to be expected, he hadn't given his answer much thought. "Well, I was in search for a place to stay, and Shadow Veil seemed optimal. It took a moment for him to realize the vagueness of this statement, and he soon sought to revise it. "In regards to "optimal", I only meant that Shadow Veil was the most convenient location to visit based on my previous position." The sentence was wordy, perhaps, and stiff to come off of his tongue. Socialization had never been his strong suit, nor had expressiveness. His smile, which he had intended to be friendly, showed no warmth, and his words were almost monotone.

A glance behind the leader revealed another figure, this one choosing to stay silent. He glanced over her, taking in the other's wings and horns before frowning. It wasn't Milk's features that caused the negative expression, but the way she was looking at him. Although a smile graced her lips, it was paired with an intense gaze. He reflexively looked down at his body, checking the fur for any imperfections before glancing upwards again. "My name is Gavin, what is yours?" He considered the question to be an icebreaker, though it was also directed at Winterdoomsday.

[Aww, thank you for the warm welcome! It's a pleasure to be roleplaying with you guys.]

• [ sincerely ]

He flinched upon their arrival, an action which got a little giggle out of Milktea, though when her flowers told her that was rude, she quickly moved her paws to stifle the sound, averting her gaze shyly away from the man. He spoke. A lot. He was very chatty and self-aware, it seemed as if he spoke about everything that came to mind which was comforting in a sense. To know what he was thinking deep within his head. Milktea couldn't be that brave even if her false friends told her to. The winged ragdoll took a step backwards after he responded to Winterdoomsday, opting to flee from the scene before he addressed her in any way, but the girl was a second too late.

My name is Gavin, what is yours?

A simple question. "Milktea." The schizophrenic replied after clearing her throat, dipping her head in an awkward greeting. "What was your previous location?" She inquired next, glancing momentarily to a side at how oddly formal that sounded. "Uhh, where did you come from, G-Gavin?"

tags

AREN'T YOU SOMETHING TO ADMIRE?

tags + resident psycho + penned by dani

• emotions were a mess in every sense of the word. and they created messes, too. anger, fear....those were some of the main ones that triggered some rather...unfortunate events in koday’s life. however, emotions weren’t entirely bad, either. there was happiness, curiosity, confusion...many of which brought some rather laughable and joyous moments to him — probably just as many moments as the bad ones. everything seemed balanced for him...the good the bad...though it was, sadly, the bad that were most remembered. but, did emotions and situations balance out? sometimes, he supposed. like right now could be used as an example. he was in good company here, and had some friends. plus, this place was relatively peaceful, and he was enjoying his time here...but then again there was the longing for his close friends from before. hypokrisis, perry, lav, pris...hell, even madsceince...so there was still some kind of emptiness about him, when it came to longing for those he would have easily dedicated and given his life to just months before...but even then, it was balanced. one could say he was lucky that he was able to have just about as many good experiences as he had bad...and they were right. lucky he was. because right now, he was happy, yes, albeit a little sad though not to the point of it interrupting his personality or regular demeanor. he would certainly consider that lucky of him.

but, what would it feel like to have not been capable of having emotions? the prince could guess that it was...very dull. not feeling anything, being numb to connections, to love, to hate (although not having a connection to hate would probably be a good thing), to nervousness, to...hell, whatever emotion that could possible come about. how could one live, if they even lived at all? perhaps it was that koday was a social creature, eager for exploration, learning, and love of friends and family that he couldn’t even imagine having that ripped away. not having the ability to feel...god damn, it certainly would have such an effect upon him that he would cease to be, quite simply, him. true, koday was emotional and it would hinder him to function as he did because of it...but even for those who weren’t quite emotional...how would that affect them? would it change them? aid them, perhaps? he didn’t quite know...and there really was no wayfor him to know. that was, unless, he like...possessed someone...but that would be a hard no from kodes. he could imagine just how gross and weird it would be to be in someone else....yuck.

anyways.

the direwolf, with his head feeling much better and having more knowledge of the territory, found himself out and about more often. his chances of tripping in the dark and smashing his face against pieces of the ruins were slimmer now...though he will admit that he had stumbled a few times...perhaps just because of his clumsy self and big paws. but nonetheless, so far his travels around his dark home were safe from falling. and honestly? that was a win for him. the prince, upon figuring out where the main paths led took them often, the most frequent one being the one towards the border where he would just wander or perhaps greet people. the latter was more frequent since, lately, there was quite a lot of activity in shadow veil. and so, that's where koday was now -- traveling along the glowing algae path while humming a small, unrecognizable tune. the male had been quite lost in his humming and his own thoughts as he traveled before he heard the sounds of quite a couple different people talking. and with it being near the border, it was safe to assume that it was someone joining. oh, great! koday thought, his golden gaze lighting up with intrigue as he picked his pace up to meet the group.. and, he wasn't being sarcastic...but rather enthusiastic. sure, it was best to be wary of new people but...most of them were good. plus, he liked meeting others.

"whoops i'm late..." koday spoke upon arriving at the scene. should he apologize? well... he didn't see any reason to...but it seemed they were quite far along in the welcoming process so it might be weird to arrive now...but, then again..."whatever~" koday spoke quietly to himself, pushing to move on from his thoughts and to the situation before him. and it wasn't until after he said that, that he realized he had said it out loud. with slight embarrassment, the canine shook his head at himself. damn. that was going to be weird but he didn't quite feel like explaining why he had said that. maybe if someone asked, he would. but right now? nah, it wasn't necessary.

with a small hum, the prince looked at everyone who had gathered and opted for a spot near milky -- the one with interesting features and quite the interesting personality. and so, he moved to sit by the schizophrenic ( though he himself wasn't aware she was actually schizophrenic ), tossing her a gentle smile, before looking up to...what had milky just said his name was? gavin? yeah, that sounded right. "most convenient place for you? alrighty then, cool beans. nice 'ta meet you gavin, i'm koday. it's a pleasure." the canine spoke quickly, but it was still cheerful and welcoming. had milky also said something about where he came from? he thought he had heard that as he was coming up but..he wasn't sure. but that didn't quite matter right now. "n-e-ways, do you need anything? maybe to be shown to camp? water? food? a good hug?" koday questioned, tilting his head to the side curiously. the hug one was a more a joke -- and that was obvious by the tone in his voice...but hey, sometime someone actually did need a hug. and honestly? he wouldn't mind giving one anyways.

"Speech." + tags & plotting

TOOK A WALK AROUND THE WORLD TO EASE MY TROUBLED MIND

I LEFT MY BODY LYING SOMEWHERE IN THE SANDS OF TIME

(( koday brekker + prince of revenge + former warden (leader) of the exiles + penned by chipster ))

• WINTERDOOMSDAY

The flinch did not escape the ever observant Winter, but she commented nothing on it. She acknowledged the presence of Milktea, glancing over to the also new member with a small smile, unaware that she was staring a bit too intensely upon Gavin. Listening to the explanation provided, she would stay quiet until the end before speaking up. "We have an auto-acceptance policy at the moment so we can't decline you," she would begin. The mention of a previous location and position piqued her interest but Milktea had already asked of it so she did not repeat the question. "You are welcomed as a member of Shadow Veil. There is an optional Ascension quest to prove further loyalty to the clan, if you wish to take on it." She paused as she received his name. Gavin. "My name is Winterdoomsday, the Shadowkeeper, or leader of Shadow Veil." She did not add any more words for Koday had thought of offering hospitality.

• GAVIN

“Milktea…” He tested the name on his tongue, and in his mind, he could vaguely picture a drink of the same name. The origin of the image was questionable, since his connection to the database was severed, but it appeared nonetheless. “It’s a pleasure to meet you.” He tried to go for an authentic looking smile, and with some effort he managed to produce one. The realization only caused him to smile wider, though his glee soon faded away upon hearing the feline’s question. Gavin had indeed mentioned a previous location, but he was suddenly reluctant to say anything. To his knowledge, each clan had a list of allies and enemies. Although he had only stayed in Blizzardclan for a couple of days before uh- dying, he wasn’t sure where the floating clan sat on their radar. Unsure of what to do, the canine ducked his head briefly before responding, brown eyes flicking to the ground. “Oh, uh- I apologize. By my previous location, I was referring to several places really. I originally resided in Blizzardclan, but after a… few minor setbacks, I ended up travelling on my own. It wasn’t until earlier today that I came across someone who was kind enough to direct me here.” His polite tone of voice remained, but nervousness began to creep in as he spoke. To be honest, this was the longest conversation he had held following his death. The feeling of people staring at him as he spoke was… unpleasant to say the least.

At the appearance of yet another clanner, Gavin felt his chest tighten. He had wanted to interact with other’s- to get better in touch with his feelings, yet ironically his feelings were the one thing preventing him from properly interacting with those gathered. In order to calm himself, the Akita cleared his throat and forced himself to take a sharp intake of breath. By the time Koday arrived and began talking to him, most of the pressure was gone from his chest, though he was still nervous to an extent. “The pleasure is mine.” He replied, attempting to match the direwolf’s cheerful attitude. In truth, the former Blizzardclanner did feel better now that he had taken a second to calm his nerves. “I would very much appreciate it if you could show me to the camp. It’s getting rather dark, and I uh- wouldn’t want to keep you all from your nightly duties.” While he didn’t wish to bother the gathered trio any father, the real reason why he wished to leave before nightfall was because Gavin hadn’t gotten used to walking in the dark, and was rather clumsy in this new body. As an android he had built-in night vision, but now there was nothing to prevent him from tripping over tree roots and other debris.

His eyes soon shifted over to Winterdoomsday, who told him about Shadow Veil’s auto acceptance policy. Any remaining tension in his shoulder’s melted away, and holding in a sigh of relief, Gavin dipped his head in her direction. Koday had already offered to take him back to the clan’s camp, but it wasn’t until the leader confirmed his membership that Gavin allowed himself to relax completely. “Thank you for allowing me to join Shadow Veil… Winterdoomsday.” At the mention of an “Ascension Quest” he would pause, his features pinching. A way to further prove his loyalty? He appreciated the clan for accepting him as a member, and there was no reason for him not to do the quest, unless you count sheer laziness. He thought over it for another second or two before nodding as a decision was reached. “I would like to take on an Ascension Quest, if that’s alright with you.”

[Ugh, this was a pain to write, and probably sloppy too. You guys must be gods! How else could you write so many words is such a short time? But joking aside, thank you all for the warm welcomes, I appreciate it!]

• WINTERDOOMSDAY

So he had originated from BlizzardClan before travelling a bit. Winter didn't think much of the clan, since the two groups were neutral. If anything, she barely thought of that group that once was the place she had been born to when it was SnowClan. Blinking as he finally turns to her, thanking her for the proper confirmation of his membership to Shadow Veil. It seems he wanted to take on an Ascension quest. It was funny how the tradition that started didn't garner much attention and it wasn't until she gained leadership that members were really taking interest in an optional quest of trial and bravery. Imagine if it was enforced as a requirement instead of auto-acceptance. Although, the Paramour supposed that wasn't a good idea to do. "Of course, Koday can lead you around as he seems so to volunteer," she would nod. "As for Ascension quest, perhaps after the tour, you can come to my private room and we can discuss about it."

/psh you did just fine! (8 welcome<3 also do you want them to meet up in a private thread for ascension quest ?