I BREATHE IT IN — open, joining

The winner of the latest giveaway is: Bobbar7857! Congratulations to them!

The next giveaway is for Monster Hunter: World! Check here for more info!
  • I WISH THAT YOU COULD SEE THE WICKED TRUTH ——

"Ah shit, I'm too old for this."

Comes a gruff, thick voice laced with an deep exhaustion. It comes from a grizzled muzzle, worn with age, with dark lips tugged downward into that of the slightest of frowns. Expression wary, the diluted fawn Anatolian Shepherd stands within the vast meadow that spreads out before him and amber eyes that faintly resembled a dying sun stared forth in a mix of awe and just plain tiredness. He was an old dog, so exhaustion was an old friend of his that never seemed to leave him alone - yeah, it was that annoying best friend that constantly nagged at you at every given second. It creaks in his bones and makes him feel heavy but despite all that, the grizzled canine stands tall with shoulders rolled back proudly.

He had grown tired of being alone. He had spent a great deal of his time secluded, shut away from the outside as he grieved over wounds now scarred. He had somehow managed to kick himself in the ass and convince himself to step out of his home nestled within one of the sparse forests in Agrelos. He supposes he just wasn't at all used to the shear amount walking he was going to have to do to find the ideal place to settle down in. Alas, here he was, having picked and chosen this group - Amalfi Heights - after hearing some good rumors about the group. Apparently it was relatively peaceful and that was exactly what he needed. He didn't want any unnecessary trouble. He just wanted a place where he could (probably) die in peace.

A sigh pushing its way out of his maw, the old dog settles himself warily onto his haunches and grates out a cough. "Hey, uh - you got a visitor or somethin' or another... I don't know. Just get over 'ere." He didn't know how all of these newfangled clans worked. He had avoided most of them simply because he had wanted a peaceful life with his wife and children - but that dream had since ended. Now he was here. Christ, this better go over well. He thinks to himself, another exhale, this one somehow more tired than the last, slipping past his lips.

( WOLFCALL // AMALFI HEIGHTS // SENIOR WARRIOR // TAGS )

SETTLE FOR A GHOST I NEVER KNEW

( superparadise i held onto, i settle for a ghost. )

( ✝ ) ——— ( ✝ ) ——— ( ✝ ) ——— ( ✝ )

• love me like you dotags

//im so museless ahhhh
    along came amalfi heights' only apothecary; a rather young caracal who was quite used to picking up a joiner or two at the border. thankfully, she was one of the more social of her clanmates, so she was glad to welcome stranger, whoever he might be. it seemed he was rather old. nonetheless, sugar was certain he had reason to be there. perhaps he was some wise leader of a faraway clan coming to speak politics. she ought to stop assuming all older folk were powerful people.

blue oculars befell on the canine, who appeared to be rather tired. she gave a small smile, and a curt dip of her head. "hello there. may i help you? this is amalfi heights."

STRAWBERRIES AND CIGARETTES —

”sugar” + amalfi heights/valhalla + apothecary of AH + 1 year

• Billie Jean would arrive not long after her older friend, Sugarbaby, did. Often did the girl enjoy spending time out in nature, enjoying the scenery and immersing herself in nature. Always wide-eyed with eagerness to learn, she enjoyed dedicating much of her time to the independent study of vegetation-- Particularly those plants which could be used to treat health ailments. It was true, the tufted-eared wildcat with the 'Cipher' surname was the only apothecary, but she was certainly not the only one with a passion for medicine. In her old home. . . Or, rather, the place of her birth, Billie Jean had studied healing under the guidance of two different mentors: First Angelbeats, her aunt, and then Yuu, her father. Her time as a nurse spanned only the summer before she ultimately did flee from the horrors that had plagued her there, but it still remained to be her one true calling.

Nearby bushes could be heard rustling, their branches quivering as a grey-and-white figure could be seen pulling herself free. The eight month old she-cat could be noted as being rather undersized, with a few leafs sticking to her silvery pelt as she revealed herself to the world. Giving herself a shake, the three-legged lass would teeter a bit, but watch with satisfaction as the pesky plants were eradicated from her fur. A soft, contented, sigh would depart her maw as she began to lope towards the border, closing the distance between her and the duo at the edge of the territory. Her gait, despite her being an amputee, was quite admirable; there was a limp, but she could keep up with the best of them fairly well. Verdant eyes could be seen shining with interest as she examined the stranger, who seemed to be an aging canine. . . Like Evergreen. The wolf who led them was certainly somebody who Billie Jean quite liked, and she wondered if this male would have a similar temperament to the leader.

"Hello," she would greet with a small smile, nodding along with her words. There was not much she could add otherwise, she knew, with Sugar having already asked the necessary questions.

—— bio | lady peaceful, lady happy, that's what i long to be ・゚✦

• I WISH THAT YOU COULD SEE THE WICKED TRUTH ——

The first two people to approach him were that of two young ladies. He blinks slowly in greeting to the both of them. The Anatolian Shepherd then shifts his amber gaze towards the suspected older of the two, Sugarbaby and stiffly dips his head slightly. "Oh, yeah... great to know I'm in the right place." The elder rumbled out with a seemingly relieved sigh rolling off of his tongue. He was admittedly pleased that he had managed to find Amalfi Heights among all of the odd directions he had been given on the way here. He was not too good with his navigational skills as he had been when he was younger. He had been better than any tracker bred dog out there - he had been better at a lot of things when he was in his prime. It was sad seeing him the way he was now, crippled with age, but he doesn't think his life is over by far. "Ah... I'd like to join? Is that the word I'm lookin' for here..." The second part of his statement is muttered moreso to himself, as if he hadn't been entirely sure, brows furrowing on his forehead.

Bah, joining clans and groups and tribes - or whatever the hell they all were - was proving to be a bit much to the traditional canine. He would have to get used to it in due time, he supposes. This is what happened when you distanced yourself from everyone around you - grief had taken his life away. He shakes his head before continuing. "I'm Wolfcall." He used to be someone else. The mere fact that his name was a traditional clan sounding name hinted to a bit of his sheltered past, but that's all anyone would ever know about him for the time being. He musters something of a smile, a weird and lopsided one that exposed his still pristine white teeth. "Nice to meet you ladies."

/ oof rushed, apologies!

( WOLFCALL // AMALFI HEIGHTS // SENIOR WARRIOR // TAGS )

SETTLE FOR A GHOST I NEVER KNEW

( superparadise i held onto, i settle for a ghost. )

( ✝ ) ——— ( ✝ ) ——— ( ✝ ) ——— ( ✝ )

• love me like you dotags

another joiner. it seemed as though amalfi heights was full of joiners these days, a sentiment that would hopefully lead to more bustling activity throughout the clan. not that it was really bad now; she quite liked the small community, but the more the merrier, right? sugar herself certainly had no trouble speaking to new faces, let alone welcoming them in. "welcome to amalfi heights, then, wolfcall. i hope you'll like it here." most people liked it, anyway. something about the flowery meadow, scenic view, and pleasant wind chimes always drew them in. she didn't blame them. it really was a beautiful and peaceful place fit for anyone looking to live a relaxed life. they had no enemies, so with no one out to desecrate amalfi's territory or capture their members, it was almost like a safe haven from the violence of the other clans. she wondered if the anti-clans were still up to no good, but since she hadn't heard much, she figured they weren't. she wasn't about to go see for herself, after all. times really were so different since the rebuild.

"my name's sugarbaby, sugar for short." the femme uttered, looking down at billie jean with a smile. boy, sugar felt tired. not a day passed lately when she wasn't lost in her studies or out collecting herbs. it was fun work, though, most of the time. she just wanted to become a cleric already! she was way too impatient not to push herself so hard.

STRAWBERRIES AND CIGARETTES —

”sugar” + amalfi heights/valhalla + apothecary of AH + 1 year

• Chargebolt approached the group curiously, spotting Billie Jean, Sugarbaby, and an old guy that he had never seen before. He entered the group with a bit of reluctance, an embarrassing moment that occurred during his own joining arising in his brain as he arrived next to Sugar. "Hey, nice to meet you, buddy," he greeted, sounding like he'd known Wolfcall for years. "The name's Chargebolt." The fox debated whether he should say something more or not, but he decided against it. The best thing he could think of to say was to ask how old Wolfcall is, which probably wouldn't go so well.

have a seat in the foyer, take a number

i was lightning before the thunder — ϟ

tags

• The serval is the next to arrive, plodding up on the other side of Sugar and shooting Chargebolt a squinty look, just because Lemon was always easily bothered - and evidently, very jealous. Pulling his gaze back towards the stranger, he'd give a slight wave of his tail. "Welcome, 'n all that. I'm Lemon."

/this is so rushed eek sorry

✧ — WHEREVER I GO TROUBLE SEEMS TO FOLLOW / TAGS

— WE'RE THE BITTEREST BOYS IN TOWN

• I approached slowly, taking my time as not to trip over rocks or fallen branches during my walking. However, I would arrive at the scene and use the words that I had heard to piece together the info. What with his voice, his scent, and everyone's voices collecting together, I could tell he was getting up there in age like me, and that he was also a canid like me!

"Hello, I'm Ev! It's nice to meet you, need anything?" I asked before seating myself close to Chargebolt.

✧ — ON VIOLENT SEAS / TAGS

• "Yes - Welcome aboard!"

Joyously would she echo the sentiments given by her clanmates, her tone one of warmth as she regarded the masculine canine. He seemed rather rugged, perhaps due to his age, but doubled as being polite. There was a kind of presence about the aging male that made her respect him; it wasn't as if he was domineering in the way which he commanded the flow of social interaction presently. It was more of his quiet respectfulness himself, how he had addressed both her and Sugarbaby with such mild geniality. There was a quality of timelessness about him, perhaps, something that struck her quite deeply. He was reminiscent of the leopon she had met some time ago, Solemnvows. There was a soulfulness she could pickup in their presence, a certain je ne sais quoi that indicated to the girl that there was more than met the eye - But nothing bad. In her heart, she was sure that he would make a great addition to the clan of Mt. Kodiak.

Briefly would she take a moment to examine the welcoming brigade that had joined them. There was Chargebolt in all of his cavalier amicability, Lemon who was gruff in a way that was not all together bad (and, in fact, she could sense that he might have been protective over Sugarbaby, which counted for something in her book- and piqued her suspicions a little bit, based on a previous conversation she had with the healer), and, last but not least, Evergreen herself. The now-blind wolf had been a source of fortitude since she herself had joined the pro-clan, giving her a home which allowed her to flourish. The leader was a resilient one, brave and true, and she adored her. But, then, she would be hard-pressed to find an Amalfian who she didn't appreciate in some way or another. . . Except for, perhaps, Renier. But that was neither here nor there. Verdant gaze would focus once more on the newest member of the clan and she would say, "It's a pleasure to meet you, Wolfcall. I'm called Billie Jean. I hope you love it here as much as I do!"

—— bio | lady peaceful, lady happy, that's what i long to be ・゚✦

• The tiny tom joined the small group, blinking at the elderly new member of Amalfi Heights with a brilliant violet gaze. He dipped his head respectfully. "Hello... sir." He mumbled, quiet tone gentle and polite. "Am Epi. Is nice meet." He blinked at them.