CREDENS JUSTITIAM && open

The winner of the latest giveaway is: Bobbar7857! Congratulations to them!

The next giveaway is for Monster Hunter: World! Check here for more info!
  • ❝ ARMS BY MY SIDE, HEART ON MY SLEEVE ❞

Leifsdottir was agitated. But that seemed to be the case most days anyway, especially so recently. The nightmares were back and worse than ever. Their vice-leader's attempted suicide had unearthed some memories she would have been content with keeping buried, and now it felt like all the progress she had made in trusting the clan had been for naught. She was supposed to look to her superiors for guidance. How could she trust their wisdom if they would try and attempt so foolish as to throw their lives away? Now, she was back to square one. She the miniscule amount of trust she had built in Algernon and Aurelio had disappated like the morning dew, and she had again resumed her habit of casting second glances over her shoulder wherever she went. Over the past two days, Leif had gotten at most five hours collectively. She'd stay up well after sunset, tossing and turning in her bed of moss until the dawn birdsong serenaded her to sleep. But sleep wasn't kind, and would frequently evade her after about an hour or two, leaving her clammy and cold and panicking. Each time she closed her eyes, she could see the bloody scene from her past projected against her eyelids. It was as if it was permanently tattooed against them.

Tonight was no different.

She woke up with a soft yelp, her chest heaving. Sweat clumped her fur together, and her claws had bits of moss skewered around them from sheathing and unsheathing the edges of her bed. The 2 year old tabby shook her head as if to dislodge the bad memories from it. 'It was just a dream. Relax.' She soothed to herself inwardly. Perhaps a walk would make herself feel better.

The paladin trainee stifled a groan as she rose onto all fours and padded out of her hut. By the look of the gradiated sky, it was almost sunrise and the clan would begin to stir soon enough. Well, she might as well stay up in that case.

❝ THE CHANDELIER FALLS AS I STAND UNDERNEATH ❞

☾*: OPEN MY CHEST AND COLOUR MY SPINE

storage. / 2 years. / domestic light ginger tabby. / blizzardclan. / paladin. / penned by MIKA .

• Narukami had many reasons to be awake. Chief among them was Niko's departure, his daughter somewhere out in this still painfully new world alone, and next in line was Sunny's passing. Third was the news he had heard of Kady, and he was...foolishly thankful that was not a scene he had stumbled upon himself. It might have reminded him too greatly of the night Kady assumed the worst of Narukami, and he wondered if she remembered the words she spoke to him, if she had followed her own advice. Not likely, considering how that concluded. Lastly -though no less disconcerting- was Rosemont. The feline had a general sense of apprehension around the wolf lately, but he would not avoid him, instead wrestling with the strange knots in his stomach. He already had another reason to apologize to him for, again.

These competing worries kept him awake, and the dark feline stole through the night, a frown etched into his features. The sunrise would soon expose him, but at least he had managed to last until now in his den, no matter how restless his sleep had been. Narukami was not especially surprised to find someone else awake, as there was always someone at any hour of the day. Leifsdottir appeared worn, as many did, but he did not know her well enough to ask or intrude. Instead, he said nothing, turning his gaze from her to give her some sense of privacy and resting amber eyes on the sun.

TAGS

THEY WILL ALL AGREE THAT I'M A SUFFOCATOR

Narukami. She hadn't seen the male since coming across the murder scene of Sundance. Their interactions were far and few between - in fact I don't think she had ever actually exchanged any words with the Japanese bobtail. Sure, she had seen him around from meetings and various other exchanges with her clanmates, but that was about it. From what she could tell, she didn't think they really saw eye to eye. The past few sightings of the male had been in scenes of tension, such as Rosemont's nightmares and the aforementioned death of Blizzardclan's medic. She hadn't really got to glimpse his personality in a time of ease. What kind of person was he on a day to day basis?

Their eyes met for a split second, and Leif knew she had been sucked into yet another begrudging social interaction."Good morning sir." Greeted the paladin trainee stiffly as she addressed her superior. Come to think of it, what was he doing up so early?

storage. / 2 years. / domestic light ginger tabby. / blizzardclan. / paladin. / penned by MIKA .

• Algernon's life had changed dramatically since he'd joined BlizzardClan, obviously. At this point that was a given. So it made sense that his habits had changed also: namely, he'd begun sleeping in later, generally past dawn. He knew that some people were dyed-in-the-wool early risers, but he had discovered that his softest moments were those in the morning, still curled in his nest, watching as the world outside gradually became lighter. Those long, gentle minutes of rest and leisure prepared him for the day, and generally put him in a good state of mind. Plus it meant that he was often up at night; he had come to prefer it to the day, as he could rely more on his eyes and thus was less impaired by his poor hearing.

Today, however, he was up early - his stomach was sour, possibly from eating a sparrow before bed. He had a suspicion that he'd accidentally eaten some of its feathers. The Paladin Trainee wasn't terrifically upset about it, though; he'd probably only lost out on an hour or two. Besides, he was trying to enjoy it: the predawn light was rather soothing in its own way. Having just returned from getting a drink, and passing up on breakfast due to his stomach, he spotted Narukami and Leifsdottir and trotted over. "Well, good morning." yawned Algie, green eyes flitting casually over their faces. He noted that Leif seemed troubled and a slight frown appeared on his lips. "Is everything going well?" Knowing how mistrustful the golden tabby was he formed it as a general question, glancing at Narukami and wondering suddenly if they were discussing something bad that had happened that he hadn't heard about. Urgency appeared suddenly in his expression and his frown deepened. Surely there hadn't been more bad news?

oh, my blood may run red, but the thoughts in my head —

they are blue, they are purple, they are gold !

algernon resurgam | paladin | blizzardclan l biography

always mobile; sorry for any inconveniences/short posts!

Algernon notified Leif of his presence via his noisy gait long before she saw him. In a way, she was grateful for her colleague's appearance - even if she hated social interaction as much as she did, it would be much better as a group rather than a one-on-one. That way, the attention wouldn't be focused on her and instead shared amongst them. Besides, she was a little more comfortable with her fellow paladin trainee than she was with Narukami.

"Everything is fine." She responded in her usual gray tone, "I was just up early because-"

Because what? Because her nightmares were becoming too much of a nuisance and depriving her of much needed sleep? Because each time they woke her up, panic and fear would flood her body, running like boiling water through her veins every time she tried to close her eyes again? None of this her colleague nor her superior needed to know. As far as they were concerned, she was healthy and able for the battlefield.

"- I was going to hunt. The medic's hut is low on provisions."