the life of a mangaka is not an easy one (BXB, PAFP)

Let's Share! has (finally) launched! Our first article is a World of Tanks Guide by Enderclaw!
  • ”Yuu.” He tested the name out while studying Yuuta. A grin suddenly swept across his face and his hand squeezed Yuuta’s lightly. “I think it’s a cute nickname.” Arata insisted as he looked down at Yuuta as the train doors closed and the subway lurched forwards a tiny bit. The movement jarred Arata a little and he stepped closer to Yuuta to try and get his balance back. Looking down at his date he cleared his throat a little realizing just how close he’d gotten. He offered a little bit of a sheepish smile, his first really sign that he was pretty nervous on this date himself. Arata took an experimental step back, but he collided with someone’s back. Nope, he wasn’t getting his spot back either. Holding on tightly to the handle he chuckled as he looked down at Yuuta. “Sorry about getting so up close and personal like this.” Arata muttered glancing purposefully over his shoulder at the guy that had already moved in closer to take up any space he could find. During the rest of the ride Arata ideally chit-chatted, still holding on to his hand the whole way. He just liked the way Yuuta’s hand fit in his. When they got to their stop Arata shuffled through the crowd eager to get off the crowded train. Once they made it off he gave a relieved sigh moving on to platform. With more room to walk now that the lunch rush had calmed down, Arata walked side by side with Yuuta, swinging their hands together ideally.

tumblr_n82wnzIVLj1ssitayo1_500.gif

☾*: THERE'S TROUBLE WHERE I’M GOING—————

BUT, I’M GOING ANYWAY

Always open to plotting

GrandioseOpulentJapanesebeetle-size_restricted.gif

• Yuuta had been about to say something along the lines of a shy and happy "you do?" when Arata had no choice but to press closer. Those words fell away, and Yuuta's grip on the handle loosened a little, nervously as he forgot his surroundings, before quickly tightening back up when the train lurched into motion and he swayed to the side. Yuuta quickly shook his head and smiled. "Its alright, I don't mind." He gave Arata's hand a gentle squeeze. He was actually grateful for the crowded nature of the subway; it meant they got to stand so close for good reason, but mostly that no one was even able to see their joined hands to give them sour looks. Yuuta wasnt scared to be open about who he dated in public, but he didn't know how Arata would take it, and he didn't want anyone else to start any trouble. Preferably everyone would be kind enough to just mind their own business today.

He was glad for the idle chatter too, as it gradually helped Yuuta relax and forget that he was anxious. Though some of those feelings returned by the time they were out of the subway and onto the station platform, for the most part, Yuuta was feeling a lot more positive about this whole thing. It helped that Arata had held onto his hand the whole time; it made Yuuta believe that his feelings were returned. After all, if Arata didn't like him, even just a little, he would have taken his hand now twice, would he? Walking a poor sick man home at the early morning hours out of the kindness of your heart was one thing, and sharing meals and going out for drinks was any typical friend-like behavior, but it was the assurance of this physical affection that let the older man take faith in the idea that maybe, just maybe, there was a chance.

Yuuta glanced up at Arata as they broke onto the street. There was even a single impression of rural living in this part of the city. Everything was layered and metallic and high rising. The streets were made more for cars and taxis than walking, but there was still plenty of room to walk. It wasnt Yuuta's preffered environment, but he had grown used to this kind of busy fast paced city life years ago, when he had moved into an area like this for college.

He turned to his date with a small smile. "The cafe is just a little ways from here. It's not long of a walk...I hope that's alright though. If you don't feel like it, we can call a taxi." He looked around the street, at the passerby. "I'm so used to walking to get everywhere sometimes I forget cars are a thing," Yuuta admitted with a little laugh, "I have a license but I haven't used it since I moved here and my car is in the care of my father now."

• Arata walked hand-in-hand with Yuuta through the train station. He wasn’t at all bashful about showing off who he was on a date with. In fact he seemed quite content with the fact he was here with Yuuta. His boots thumped against the stairs as they emerged on to the street. The hustle and bustle of everything hardly seemed to bother him. He’d left his small home town to experience the liveliness of big city life. Stepping out on the street he watched the pedestrians passing by them. He turned his head to look down Yuuta. “I don’t mind the walk, I’ve been doing it this long.” Arata smiled softly to his companion letting Yuuta take the lead to the cafe since he didn’t have the foggiest ideas of where he should go from here. “It’s just so much easier to find other ways around without a car. Honestly I can’t remember the last time I was behind the wheel of a car. Maybe my final year of high school.” Arata mentioned off handily as he moved down the street, still wearing that same twinkle in his hazel eyes when he would slyly glance at Yuuta out of the corner of his eye. As they walked, Arata caught the first somewhat disapproving look on a passing businessman’s face, his disapproving eyes moving from the two men down to their joined hands. Arata cleared his throat and merely nodded his head when he made eye contact with the man.

He moved closer to Yuuta as they made their way through the crowd and past the man Arata sighed a little throwing back his shoulders as they walked. Arata hummed ideally with an lopsided smile before shrugging a little. He wasn’t going to stop living his life every time someone didn’t like how he went about his life. “So, how’d you hear about this place?” He completely moved past it and just went on, a little curious about having a date at a cat cafe. Arata went back to ideally swinging their hands together as they walked.

BUT, I’M GOING ANYWAY

Always open to plotting

• With his usual darting gaze, of course Yuuta noticed the upset man, too, but, like Arata, he said nothing aloud on the subject. His hand did loosen a little in Arata's though, and he turned his head away, towards the buildings as they passed by, dark gaze skimming over the people inside. He was still listening to Arata, but admittedly, his mind was a little far away now, slowly filling with more and more worried thoughts.

"Oh, um," Yuuta blinked, and took a moment to answer as he recalled the first time he had come to this cafe, "Actually..a really good friend and I--well, I guess we're not really friends anymore--we came to the city one day to shop for some art supplies that we couldn't get in our area and stopped by for brunch. I think she knew it was here, though, and planned to stop by from the very beginning. I...really like cats," Yuuta admitted, smiling a little just thinking about them, their soft fur and their marble eyes and their squishy paws, "So I think she wanted to treat me. But, I'm allergic, so I can't have any of my own or anything like that. And then as I finished school I remembered that those hypoallergenic hairless cats are an option, but by the time I started looking for any to adopt, I also very quickly realized I don't have the time to spend with one. I mean, cats are fairly independent, especially compared to dogs, but I wouldn't want it to just stay cooped up inside my apartment all day, lonely. I wouldn't be able to spend any time with it at all, and give it the affection it needs." He was rambling now, though he didn't realize it. He had a soft smile on his lips, and his dimples cut though his cheeks every time his mouth formed a certain syllable, "I've always wanted one since I was little, but even if I wasnt allergic my father didn't like pets, so we didn't get one. Oh, but maybe when I'm old and retired, I'll have an old fat cat to sit in my lap all day...I'll have to give him a fitting name. Maybe something western..."

• Arata tipped his head slightly when Yuuta mentioned a former friend he’d gone to this cafe with. “You’re a cat person huh? Interesting.” Arata chuckled a little as he looked down the street. He wouldn’t say he was a cat or a dog person, but he could appreciate a cute animal all the same. Humming a little as they walked he just enjoyed listening to Yuuta ramble on, even it was just about he wanted cat, but couldn’t have one. With a light chuckle he turned his head to look down at Yuuta as they walked. He tried to imagine Yuuta as a little old man with a hairless cat perched in his lap. “What do you think you’d name a cat if you got one? Like Frank or John or something like that?” Arata’s grin grew as he looked at Yuuta. Even though he thought it was a rather cute thing to picture he also thought it was a little sad that he would have to wait so long to get his first pet. Humming a little to himself he caught sight of the sign with cat ears poking out of it up ahead. If he had to make a guess that would be where they were headed towards.

Arata was mulling over somethings in his mind. He didn’t have any pets because of where he was in his life, but he thought maybe one day he’d want one. For right now though he was fine with just going to pet a few cute cats while on a date with Yuuta. As they neared the cafe Arata finally let go of Yuu’s hand for the first time since they met up. Arata pulled the door to hold it open for his date. Slipping in to the building after him he sighed a little to himself. The moment he stepped in he practially stepped right on a cat’s tail. Jumping to the side he rubbed the back of his neck. “Whoops.” He muttered as the cat strutted off shooting him a rather dirty look as it left.

BUT, I’M GOING ANYWAY

Always open to plotting

• "Well, the heart always wants what it can't have, right?" Yuuta grinned, and immediately shot Arata an answer. "Oliver. Or Sophie, if it's a girl." It seemed like he had put great consideration into this before. He trailed off after answering as much, though, raising his head to follow Arata's line of sight to spot the cute cafe sign hanging above a small, cozy looking establishment. It was all neutral browns and pinks, and there were cat trees in the lace trimmed windows, with a couple of cats--some old nd some young--lazing in their platforms. Yuuta returned his attention to his companion when he felt his hand grow suddenly cold and clammy in the open air, only to realize that his arm was coming up to pull the door open and hold it for Yuuta. The older boy thanked Arata genuinely and stepped inside. He took more care than Arata not to step on any tails, but it wasnt like it mattered anyways, because the same cat Yuuta had been trying to avoid Arata tread on a few seconds later. Yuuta turned a little to give Arata a sympathetic look. Before he could say anything though, a small, plump lady behind the counter greeted them with a sugar sweet smile. Yuuta bowed deeply in greeting, before straightening up and leading Arata by the sleeve to a small little couch. Yuuta sat down gingerly.

There was a dark wood coffee table before them, with doilies for coasters. The couch, firm but relatively comfortable nonetheless, was a soft tan color, with pink and dark brown cat shaped pillows at each end. There were a couple more people at other couches, booths, or tables, most of them girls, but a couple of them sported boyfriends. Everyone was quiet and happy looking, some of them were crouched down, petting the cats scattered around the room. There were many plush rugs and toys and trees for the cats to enjoy, as well. Yuuta turned towards Arata while he waited for the woman behind the counter to make her way towards them, taking some time to tend to her other customers first.

"It's cute, right?" He hummed, placing his hands in his lap. "The coffee is really good too...and they really listen when I ask for them to go light on the sugar. They have sandwiches and pastries, so it's good for lunch, not just a snack type deal. Oh!" Yuuta's smile softened a little, and he looked down at the corner of the table. "Arata--Mirato-san...I meant to tell you earlier...you look really good today. Well, I mean, you look good everyday, but...um." Yuuta laughed a little, fidgeting where he sat. "I apologize if that was too forward."

• Looking this way and that he took in the atomsphere of the place, although stopped when he saw the little plump woman that greeted them behind the counter. Bowing his head a little he huffed as Yuuta grabbed his sleeve and lead him to one of the couches. He dusted a few cat hairs aside before sitting himself down on the couch. As he took it in he nodded his head before his eyes settled back on Yuuta. “Very. It has a nice homey feel.” Arata chuckled softly as he leaned back on the sofa. He ideally listened as Yuuta explained about why this place had great service and great food too. Honestly he was only half listening, mostly because he was too busy just looking at Yuuta and enjoying just hearing him talk. He blinked once when he suddenly exclaimed like he’d forgotten something in the oven back home. Shifting his body he rested his elbow on the back of the couch. He smiled a little to himself as Yuuta couldn’t seem to decide exactly what to call him now. “It’s a little more than I would have expected, but I like it.” Arata put his hand over Yuuta’s as a sign of reassurance. With a slight chuckle he leaned further back into sofa, his hand moved a little and shifted from Yuuta’s hand into his lap. Arata blinked, clearly that wasn’t exactly where he intended it to end up, and quickly picked up and laid it on the sofa between them.

“Now I’m just going to sound cliche, but I think you look rather adorable today too. And I’m learning more about you. I had no idea you shaved your legs.” Arata hummed softly with a smile as the plump woman finally made her way over. He picked up a menu from the coffee table only now really trying to think about what he wanted. Once again he’d ducked out on breakfast in favor of styling his hair, so he was definitely hungrier than he normally would have been. While he looked over the menu he decided to just order a tea and set down his menu with a shrug.

BUT, I’M GOING ANYWAY

Always open to plotting

• Yuuta said nothing when Arata's hand fell into his lap, but rather, he simply assumed that was...just what was happening. If Arata had left it there, Yuuta would have been mostly fine with the situation, if anything a little confused. It would certainly put him in a weird position, in the sense that he would become more than a little uncertain about how this whole date thing was playing out, and what Arata wanted for the end game. Maybe it was that sort of passive, go with the flow mindset, or maybe it was all the times he had gone to bars for work and didn't leave alone. None of this mattered though, as Arata removed his hand, and continued speaking as if nothing had happened. Yuuta trained his eyes on the other boy curiously, listening to him speak. His face lit up at the compliment, and then darkened with color as Arata commented on his legs.

"Oh, yes, I...started during high school, when I first joined the swim team. I guess I liked the way it felt and sort of just...kept doing it." Yuuta shrugged one shoulder and rubbed his ankles together. "And anyways, the hair on my body is darker than the hair on my head, so..." He glanced down at Arata's legs, wondering, though he probably shouldn't be. How dark was his hair? Did he shave? His legs or...? Yuuta cleared his throat and raised his head, smiling quickly up at the woman now standing before them. She handed him a small, cutesy menu, and he skimmed it before deciding on a coffee--not black this time, though with a request for very little added sugar--and a small plate of snack-type sandwiches. Yuuta turned back to his date with a small frown as the woman left. "Are you not hungry?"

• Arata sighed when he turned back to Yuuta and saw him frowning a little. “Wel..umThe young man seemed to stop to consider his answer for a moment before his stomach gave him away, growling loudly. With another sigh h nodded his head patting his stomach. “A little.” His stomach growled even louder this time. “Okay a lot, I just didn’t want to hold everything up because I couldn’t make up my mind fast enough.” The younger male admitted with a sheepish smile as he looked down at the tiny menu. His mind was all cluttered with other thoughts to make his mis mind about what he wanted to eat. Shrugging his shoulder he glanced down at the menu contemplatively squinting his eyes briefly before huffing when he looked up and down it again. So, instead he just put his thumb over the first thing that sounded remotely good. Giving a triumphant smile he leaned back on the couch. “I’ll just order when she comes back with the drinks.” Turning his full attention back to his date, his eyes trailed from his face down to his smooth legs. He’d noticed his embarrassment earlier.

“No shame in wanting a pair of silky smooth legs.” His hazel eyes twinkled before he slowly looked down at his own leg. “Don’t tell anyone else, but.” Scooting closer to the other he leaned down to roll up his pant leg just above his ankle, showing the start of a small scar that was usually hidden under his sock. “I tried once. Let’s just say it didn’t go to plan.” With a soft chuckle he tugged his pant leg back into place. His teeth flashed in a wide smile as he remembered the little pink bandage he had to wear around his ankle. “See, you’re way better at it than me.” He hummed as he looked towards the plump woman who was moving around the cafe. With attention drawn away he almost didn’t notice the little gray cat that wandered its way over licking is chops as it sat down on the floor and stared up at them. Arata chuckled offering his hand out for the cat to sniff before reaching out to scratch it behind the ear.

BUT, I’M GOING ANYWAY

Always open to plotting

• Yuuta was actually pouting now, giving Arata a worried look. He opened his mouth, readying to call him "Arata" again, but quickly corrected himself before any sound could actually come forth. "Mirato-san," He scolded lightly, "Don't hold back for my sake, or anything like that. How am I supposed to be the responsible older party and take care of you if you won't even take care of yourself?" He did smile, however, and there was no real disappointment or upset in his voice. He just wanted Arata to know he cared, that was all. He watched as Arata scooted closer, snd reached down towards his ankle. Yuuta cocked his head to the side, not quite understanding what was going on until Arata lifted the hem of his pants and flashed a little scar. Yuuta couldn't help but giggle.

"Well, I suppose it's not for anyone. It's an insignificant thing anyways." Yuuta gave him a sympathetic pat on the knee, but stopped with his hand still resting atop his leg when Arata's trained his line of sight on a little grey cat. The smaller boy's eyes sparkled. He waited for the cat to warm up to his date first before slowly reaching down to extend his affections towards he cat as well. It gave his hand a sniff and then pushed against his palm. Yuuta looked like he might cry.

"S-So cute..." He whispered, now smoothing his hand over the cat's head. It started purring, perfectly content with Arata's scratches and Yuuta's pets simultaneously. Yuuta sniffled. Maybe he really was crying. With his head angled towards the cat pn the floor, it was difficult to tell...

• ”I’ll make sure to order something when she comes back. I appreciate the concern though.” The younger boy said softly as he glanced at the hHis eyes briefly moved from the cat to Yuu’s hand still perched on his knee. Smiling shyly to himself he glanced back down at the cat as he continued to pet the top of the little cat’s head. His smile widened to a grin when the cat started to purr loudly. “Hey there little guy. You’re just the most precious thing.” Pausing he heard Yuuta’s quiet sniffling that made it seem like he was about to start crying. Arata frowned a little and paused looking over Yuuta’s face although it was hard to tell how he was feeling. While he was looking at his date he paused stopping petting the little cat. He jumped a little when the cat swiped at his hand trying to get his attention back. “Are you alright? Maybe you should take a break from petting the cat.” The young man just got finished saying that before the cat jumped up on the sofa in the little space left between Arata and Yuuta. “Alright, alright. I guess we’ve got a third wheel.” Arata sighed as he ran his hands down the cat’s back as he purred again.

He continued to pet the cat happily as the plump woman reappeared with their drinks and Yuuta’s sandwiches. He nodded his head in appreciation as he took the cup of tea from her. Setting it down on the coffee table he picked up the little pink menu, but she’d already turned and was walking across the cafe when another table of girls started to wave him over. Dropping the menu back on the table he picked up his tea and took a quiet sip.

BUT, I’M GOING ANYWAY

Always open to plotting

• Yuuta turned to Arata as the cat jumped in between them. His nose was ever so faintly red now, and his eyes were beginning to gloss over as well. He opened his mouth to reply to the other before when a big sneeze cut him off. It was so sudden he barely had time to duck his head into the crook of his arm. Yuuta sniffled again and sat upright, leaning back a bit on the couch. "I'm ok! 'S just allergies!" He patted the sleeve of his soft cardigan under his eyes and his nose, and reached over to place his hand atop the cat's head, scratching behindd it's ears gently. It didn'tt even flinch when Yuuta sneezed or reached for it, but rather, only purred louder and nuzzled into the touch of the two boys. That was the difference between a plain house cat and a public cafe cat, Yuuta supposed.

He glanced up at the woman as she approached him, and quickly thanked her as she set their order before them. Yuuta looked back to Arata, expecting him to order now, but when he heard nothing, he realized with another gaze in their servers' direction that she had walked off before Arata could say anything. She must not have noticed, or thought to pay attention under the pretense that they had already completed their order for that afternoon the first time around. Yuuta pursed his lips and briefly took his hand from the cat to reach over for a sandwich. It was two sandwiches, cut into four triangles each. Four of the eight were turkey and the remaining four were ham, each with their own sliced cheese, mayonnaise, et cetera. They smelled really good, actually; fresh and tasty. Yuuta took one of each, held between his fingers rather skillfully, as if they were nothing more than cards stacked between, and offered them to Arata. He sniffled. "Here you go," Yuuta smiled, "We'll get you something in a second. For now, take these."

• Arata only blinked a little when Yuuta let out a rather loud sneeze. The cat though, was completely unfazed and just kept purring and waiting to be petted. Arata caught the cat peering up at him waiting for him to keep petting him. Chuckling to himself he continued to pet the cat again. If there was anywhere this cat was happy, it was probably here with all these people to endless love on him. Arata was so focused on the little cat he took a second to notice the sandwiches being offered up by Yuuta. Peeking up he gave a loud chuckle when he saw him holding out the sandwiches like he was fanning out cards. “You’re sure?” He asked, while his hand was already reaching up to take them from him. His stomach growled its protests louder now that he was holding food. Setting his tea back on the table he held a sandwich piece in each hand looking between the two before settling on one. He wasn’t proud to say he practically inhaled the first sandwich, which probably wouldn’t do him any favors with his date, but he couldn’t help it. The second piece was gone pretty quickly as well, disappearing without much time for pause. “Yuu, you’re my hero.” Arata chuckled playfully, before he went back to scratching the cat who was still happily taking affection from both of them.

“I wish most cats were half this friendly.” Scratching the top of the cat’s head he looked down at his hands and clothes that were already covered in cat hair. He glanced over at Yuuta to see how he was holding up. His eyes were stilll watery and his nose was still agrivated. He looked around the little cafe. He spotted what he was looking for across the room. “I’ll be right back.” Arata patted Yuuta’s knee as he went to stand up. He made a straight path across the cafe to a few girls sitting on a sofa onthe opposite side of the cafe. His back was to Yuuta as he briefly struck up a conversation with them motioning to something. One of the girls nodded and handed over a tissue box she had been sitting next to. Once he secured the tissue box he weaved his way back through the cafe to his date. Setting the box off to the side he rejoined him on the sofa.

BUT, I’M GOING ANYWAY

Always open to plotting

• Yuuta felt bad seeing Arata eat so hungrily, like he had been doing a bad job as date supervisor so far. He was determined to get Arata some real food, a whole meal, before their time together was over. Even if that meant they ended up having to go somewhere else. He reached down to take a sandwich for himself, holding his sleeved hand over his mouth as he took a small bite. He snorted with laughter and nearly spit sandwich when Arata made the comment about being a hero, preceded by his nickname. His cheeks flushed pink, though now it was more because he had just embarrassed himself by snorting than anything. He didn't have time to finish chewing and swallow before Arata patted his knee and left. The cat between them got up and followed Arata, from a good distance behind. Yuuta frowned a little to himself, his dull eyes tracking the other boy and his secret shadow as he padded across the cafe. He cocked his head to the side quizzically as he started chatting up the girls. He wasnt jealous, just curious. At first glance he didnt see anything those girls could have that they would need, and he sat there finishing off a sandwich and wondering before he saw Arata reached for the tissue box, and he suddenly understood. This did nothing to alleviate the redness in Yuuta's cheeks, and he lowered his head, pleasantly embarrassed, as Arata returned to the couch and plopped beside him.

"Thank you. You didn't have to," He mumbled, though the smile on his face gave away how happy he was that Arata was thinking of him. He reached out to take a tissue, dabbing under his nose and then folding it over neatly to do the same under his eyes. A tissue was admittedly cleaner and more efficient than his cardigan sleeve. The grey cat jumped back up, though time time on the table edge. It sniffed at their sandwiches, and Yuuta leaned forward to shoo it away, but the cat had already upturned its nose with disinterest. It wasn't hungry, and any self efficient, independent cat knew not to just gorge anyways. Yuuta leaned back, though not before snagging another sandwich, smiling again. "Here," He offered it to Arata.

• ”I know I didn’t have to.” Arata insisted, not able to hide to the slight smile playing across his lips. Once he’d settled himself down he leaned forwards to grab his cup off the table and made eye contact with the grey cat peaking over the corner of the tabletop. He paused briefly to pet the top of the cat’s head before it was shooed away. Slowly picking up his cup of tea he carefully took another small sip of his tea. His lips were curved up in a pleasant smile as he leaned back. He peered over the top of his cup to just quietly look at his date. He blinked his hazel eyes coming back into focus when Yuuta suddenly held up a sandwich for him. The younger boy brightened up patting his hand before taking the sandwich from him. “You take such good care of me.” Arata leaned closer with his eyes still sparkling. Then, he kind of got caught up looking into Yuuta’s eyes. With a soft chuckle he looked down in his sandwich with a sheepish smile.

He nibbled on his sandwich setting his cup aside to get more comfortable. He finished the sandwich off in a couple of bites. Carefully dusting the crumbs off of his face. Then and only then did he realize that he was probably being more of a bother than anything else. “I feel kind of silly though. Making you feel like you need to worry about me.” Arata rubbed the back of his neck as he carefully turned his eyes up to look at Yuuta with a slight bit of color to his cheeks.

BUT, I’M GOING ANYWAY

Always open to plotting

• Yuuta could feel Arata's eyes on him, even see the blatant stares, but it didnt make him uncomfortable. It made him feel flattered, actually. His chest warmed and filled with fuzzy things, and his head clouded over. The soothing aesthetic of the cafe couple with the nervous and happy tingling in his feelings turned everything into a hazy dream. Yuuta wondered how long it would take for him to wake up. This was all just...too good to be true. He couldn't remember the last time he had gone on a real date with someone who seemed genuinely interested in him, and not just a late night bar crash with the intended purpose of getting absolutely wasted and going home in someone else arms. He was just too busy, and once he had started losing friends at first, he had slowly come to accept the idea that it was just easier for him to focus on work when he was just on his own. He hated to admit it, but there had been times he had intentionally pushed people away or turned down their company. He told himself it was because this was the simplest way to advance his career, but he knew it was fear that kept him uneasy and alone. And it was why he couldn't be with Arata for too long, or drop the honorifics from his name. Because he was scared that if Arata got too close, he would see the same things that had hurt and disappointed his friends, and he would leave unsatisfied.

But, oh, how tempting it was. How easy it would be to just let it happen in this moment. To sink closer and close his eyes and ramble with Arata for hours. How he died to know Arata, and to push into his personal space. Yuuta smiled softly, gazing with dull, gentle, sleepy eyes at the boy beside him. "You don't have to," He answered, finally turning away from Arata to grab a sandwich, "I like worrying about you."

• Arata shifted in his seat a little to look Yuuta up and down as he turned to grab another sandwich. “It’s pretty much a full time job all on its own.” Arata absently rubbed at the spot on his forehead where he had hit his head at Yuuta’s. He chuckled a little to himself. He still accidentally had one of ice packs laying around his house. He couldn’t hide the somewhat goofy grin on his face. Of course he didn’t want others feeling like they had to fuss about him, but he liked knowing Yuuta cared enough to worry. It was a warm and comforting feeling. Arata sighed softly to himself. “Hey Yuu, when is your birthday? You’re turning twenty-seven pretty soon aren’t you?” The question seemed to suddenly pop into his head out of no where. He shifted a little and waited. He remembered him mentioning it way back when they first met. Really now that he was thinking about it, it hadn’t bee that long ago that he’d walked him home for the first time. Now, they were here, on an actual date. It definitely wasn’t how he saw things turning out. He couldn’t say he was disappointed with the outcome though. He had a lot of fun with Yuuta and he was differnet from most everyone else in his life. Arata liked the change and he liked just getting to know Yuuta.

He shifted and put his elbow on the back of the sofa and rested his chin in his hand. “Let’s say you had the whole day to do whatever you wanted, what would you want to do?” Arata inclined his head a little. If it wasn’t obvious he wanted to help Yuuta celebrate it. Birthdays were pretty important to him, it was a rare day to get a chance in the spotlight and hopefully celebrate being alive another year. That’s what Arata thought of that at least.

BUT, I’M GOING ANYWAY

Always open to plotting

• "My birthday?" Yuuta glanced over at him, a little surprised at the sudden question. Sometimes he forgot birthdays were a thing. He took a bite of his sandwich, munching thoughtfully. He used to get a small allowance from his father for his birthday when he was younger. He would go to the neighborhood cornerstone, get some candy and a new pack of colored pencils, and spend the rest of the day in his room until his father called him down for dinner with a small, homemade cake on the table. Since he had moved out, he had never celebrated, though. Not once. Even with his friends, he turned down any offers to do something special, because he had work, and a birthday wasnt a valid enough excuse to take a day off.

"It's in September," Yuuta answered, brushing the crumbs from his palms and reaching for his coffee. He took a sip before continuing, "The twentieth. So...a little less than a month away?" He looked down into his cup, ever so slightly rotating his wrists to swirl the coffee inside. "I don't...really know what I would like to do though." Yuuta frowned a little, and his brow furrowed inwards. He raised his head to look off into space, desperately trying to think.What would he like to do for his birthday? What was he into now? Was going to work and drowning yourself in it every day an acceptable hobby and pastime? "I feel like I should say something like, 'go to the zoo,' or 'go see a movie,' but honestly...I think I would really like a day inside. Just at home, sleeping and reading and getting warm under the blankets." Yuuta laughed and tapped his finger against his mug idly, "Although the zoo does sound pretty fun. Maybe a trip to the park would be cool.. Coming home...to a homemade cake would be nice, too." Yuuta blinked, pausing for a moment, before turning fully towards Arata, shifting on the couch so that he faced the other boy. He smiled sweetly. "When is your birthday, Mirato-san?"