the life of a mangaka is not an easy one (BXB, PAFP)

The winner of the latest giveaway is: Bobbar7857! Congratulations to them!

The next giveaway is for Monster Hunter: World! Check here for more info!
  • Arata feel his stomach grumbling as the smell of fish wafting through the apartment. He patted his stomach, trying his best to hide a smile when Yuuta’s stomach growled as well. Leaning into the counter he listened to the sound of grease popping in the pan. He looked up from the cooking fish when he heard Yuuta’s quiet question. His hazel eyes studied him as he got so much quieter. Arata scratching the stubble at the end of his chin mulling over the idea of if he would be willing to try to pursue his dream again. He’d let it kind of just sit on the shelf since he got out of high school, putting it off because of wanting to help his parents, but he didn’t think that could always be the case. “I think I might. You’re right there’s still time to do stuff I want to do. It got a lot easier to just put it off.” He slowly ran his hands through his hair to try and brush the hair away from his eyes.

“I don’t think I can keep doing what I’m doing what I’m doing for forever..” Arata brushed his hand up and down his arm. With a slight shrug he watched Yuuta finishing cooking the fish. “Hard to even know where to start with that kind of stuff.” He pressed his chin into the palm of his hazel eyes looking over the other’s face. “So, do think that you feel like you’re close to accomplish your dreams?” Arata asked the young man with a tilt of his head as he did.

tumblr_n82wnzIVLj1ssitayo1_500.gif

☾*: THERE'S TROUBLE WHERE I’M GOING—————

BUT, I’M GOING ANYWAY

Always open to plotting

GrandioseOpulentJapanesebeetle-size_restricted.gif

• "Me?" Yuuta looked to Arata as he clicked the knob turning off the stove. He waited a moment for the lingering flame to die out before absent mindedly removing the pan from the hot eye to the cool, unused one beside it as he mulled over the other man's question. "I suppose...Ive already achieved my dream," he answered slowly as he migrated over to the rice cooker beside Arata, standing beside him as he lifted the lid and stirred the rice to check if it was done. Deciding it was sufficiently cooked, he unplugged the pot and pulled it closer by the handle. "I mean, Im working at a manga publishing company, as an editor of a few well praised works. Thats what I wanted." Even if it wasn't exactly what he had been hoping his life would be like, he did feel like he would be wrong to complain that he hadn't gotten what he wanted. He had, it just happened to be...a lot less pleasant than he thought it would be when he would spend days blasting through manga and day dreaming through class about one day being a part of that production process.

Yuuta reached up to grab two bowls from the cabinet, setting them neatly before him and scooping rice into each bowl. He went for the filets next, placing one in each, sitting atop the rice. Yuuta swiveled to grab the soysauce from the fridge, tucking it into the crook of his arm and brushing past Arata to place it on the short table in the main room. When he straightened, he peered over the counter at the other man. "Would you like something to drink? Ive got water, milk, coffee, black tea..." Yuuta returned to the kitchen, taking the two bowls and grabbing two pairs of wooden chopsticks from the same drawer he had produced the spatula, placing those on the table as well. He wandered back towards the kitchenette as he awaited Arata's answer with a patient smile, that he couldn't see.

((ah...I realized I made a mistake earlier, with him changing. His bedroom is basically just a bed in the living room, I confused myself..My bad. lets say he changes in the bathroom haha))

• Arata watched him mulled over his question for a while. He noted the slightly reluctance before he stepped to the side to let him by as he moved around the counter. “Well, hey, that’s great. Not many people can say they’ve done that already.” Arata did his best to try sound encouraging over the matter. He wasn’t sure that he sounded all that that happy about the fact. “Could you see yourself being an editor when your like in your old age?” He asked with an easy smile. There was a lot more he felt like he should be doing to help, but Yuuta already had the bowls out laying them on the table. He felt vibrating in his pocket again. Frowning he didn’t bother to check his phone again. “Sorry, you can just tell me to get out of the way.” The young man skirted his way out of the kitchen to stand off to the side and hopefully be a little more out of the way. He rolled his eyue as he felt another buzz of his phone against his leg again. Falling silent he rolled his eyes.

Reluctantly slipped his hand in his pocket pulling out his phone. Glancing down at his phone he pinched the bridge of his nose. Carefully reading over the message he jumped a bit at hearing Yuuta’s question. “What? Oh..um..black tea would be great.” Arata said clutching his phone before glancing back up at Yuuta. Looking back down at his phone he switched his phone off with a sigh looking down at table. “Thank Yuuta, everything looks great.” Rubbing the back of his neck he still had his phone in one hand before walking towards the tiny table.

BUT, I’M GOING ANYWAY

Always open to plotting

• "Go ahead. I know you're hungry." Yuuta reached to grab a simple porcelain teapot from the same cabinet he had grabbed the rice cooker from, setting it down on the counter. He filled it with water and started up the stove again. While it was boiling, he rummaged around the little pantry to find a small box of black tea bags. It took a moment, but soon enough he could place the tea bags inside, switch off the flame, and bring it over to steep. He placed the pot between their two bowls, but went back to the kitchenette once more to grab two plain, white coffee mugs. He slid one to Arata, and left the other at his side of the table. And finally, Yuuta sat down, easing himself onto his knees, folding his legs neatly beneath him. He had left the cushion on Arata's side, but this wasn't too uncomfortable, thankfully.

"Are you sure you don't need to answer that?" the man asked, watching Arata over his bowl as he pulled his mask down around his chin. "I can step out if you need a moment. I seriously don't mind. Whoever it is seems fairly desperate to reach you." Yuuta poured a small amount fo soy sauce over the contents of his bowl, and used his chopsticks to separate the fish. He took a bite of both, keeping a hand cupped loosely under his jaw. Ans then, as he chewed, he moved the hand over his mouth, covering it from view. He seemed a little awkward to be eating in front of someone, maybe. He swallowed, set his chopsticks down, and moved to pour both himself and his guest a cup of tea. "Is it a girlfriend?' He asked, curiously, but with an unfamiliar twinge of teasing, too. He gave a lopsided smile, trying to lighten the mood, flashing a single dimple.

• Arata gave slightly stifled chuckle as he settled himself down at the end of the table closest to himself. “I was hoping it wasn’t that obvious that I accidentlly skipped breakfast.” Folding his legs under him he watched Yuuta move around the kitchenette. He didn’t know if it was the medicine kicking in now, but he seemed more steady on his feet at least. He looked down at the rice and fish before turning back to look at Yuuta as he made his way back to the table. Once Yuuta sat down he picked up his chop sticks. He shrugged rolling his eyes taking a bit of fish and pulling it up towards his mouth. “Really it’s nothing huge just someone being stupid and getting drunk.” Arata’s words sounded more harsh then he tone really was, he couldn’t help from sounding a little fed up was all. Chomping the piece of fish he didn’t seem to have nearly the same amount of reluctance letting other people seeing him eat. Of course he spent a lot of time behind a counter or in someone’s house trying to fix something, so he didn’t really get to be all that shy about his eating habits. That being said, he could probably stand to slow down to keep himself from choking too. As soon as he’d finish one bite he’d already have another bite ready, only occasionally pausing to get a drink of tea.

He paused when Yuuta asked, albeit with a bit of teasing if it was his girlfriend. He gulped loudly into his tea. Setting the mug down he put his hand over his mouth as he laughed while trying not to choke on the tea while doing so. Recovering from his bit of laughing he straightened up brushing the black strands of hair that had fallen in his face back. “Definitely not a girlfriend. He wishes. Ota and I went on a couple dates a while back. Things didn’t really work out, but now he’s starting calling me now that he lives nearby.” Picking up a piece of fish in between his chopsticks he gave Yuuta a somewhat crooked smile. “My advice is don’t date people you met at a bar.” .

BUT, I’M GOING ANYWAY

Always open to plotting

• Yuuta had to admit he was a little suprrised to hear Arata liked men, or at the very least was so freely able to talk about dating one, but he supposed it should have been obvious. Of course people as bright and charismatic as him were always somehow unattainable. Not that it mattered to him; he had no room to judge, because, after all, he had gone on a few experimental dates with male coworkers, even had an embarrassing amount of one-night stands. He didn't really do that with anyone these days, but especially when he was still fresh in the company, and his boyish charm had remained and wasn't replaced by the shallow-cheeked, zombie look. "I'd like to say I'll keep that in mind, but Ive already made that mistake myself," Yuuta replied, smiling again. He was certainly looking better now that he had eaten some and taken the medicine. His face was till flushed, but his eyes weren't red and glossy, and the trembling had stopped, thankfully. He just generally looked...refreshed. Well, as refreshed as he had looked in all the times Arata had seen him. Yuuta slid his bowl aside, having eating less than half of it, but seemingly finished anyways.

The man placed his hands in his lap, and leaned forward. His dull eyes watched Arata with that same curiosity as before. It was interesting to see his usually so expressionless, vaguely pained face light up with something other than discouragement. He almost looked like the Yuuta in the photographs, just much thinner, and worn to the bone. "The worst is coworkers you hook up with at the bar. You have to look them in the eye everyday after the fact." Yuuta let his head lean to the side, and a few stray curls fell into eye. He flicked them away, and tucked them behind his ear. "It's been a long time since I really took dating seriously...It just feels like everyone is so busy these days. Plus, most of my coworkers are in their mid-thirties now."

• Arata seemed to brighten up when he noticed that Yuuta was smiling, it was the first smile he’d really seen that hadn’t been hidden by a sick mask today. “I guess everyone looses a little bit of their better judgement when they go to a bar.” With an over exacerbated sigh he slumped his cheek into the palm of his hand. He looked curiously at Yuuta, liking the more refreshed look to his eyes and just generally happier demeanor then before. Of course his frame of reference was relatively small, but hey anything was an improvement right? “Oh! That’s pretty hard thing to wake up to.” Arata agreed in between shoveling rice and fish into his mouth. He noted briefly how he set his food aside after barely finishing even half of it. “I think I can top that though!” He suddenly exclaimed seeming more then happy to share his past misfortunes. “I ended up sleeping with the boss at one place I was working. I got the job went out to celebrate and next thing I know I’m waking up with the guy who I’m supposed to answer to the next morning.” With a light chuckle he ran his hand through his long black hair. Arata wasn’t at all bashful about sharing the details with Yuuta, maybe it was him getting more comfortable around him. “Really? That’s unfortunate. Dating can be kind of fun, maybe you just need to widen out your nets a little further, try dating outside your officer pool. Of course there’s nothing saying you have to date, but it can be a lot of fun still you know getting to know people.” Arata listed off with a wide smile glancing at Yuuta as he finished off the last of his rice at the bottom of the bowl. Setting his own bowl aside he looked at Yuuta’s still mostly untouched bowl. “Shouldn’t you eat as much as you can, so you know you can get better faster?”

BUT, I’M GOING ANYWAY

Always open to plotting

• "Arata-San!" Yuuta scolded with a laugh, hiding his grin behind his hand. Maybe this man wasn't as wise as he had thought. It was funny they were only a year apart, and yet Yuuta still had this idea in his head that Arata was someone much older and more mature than him. Not in a bad way, but more like he seemed stable and comforting. Someone reliable and steady. It was a really nice aura, actually.

"Dating sounds nice in theory," Yuuta admitted, giving his own wistful sigh, "But I'm too dedicated to my job and..well, I'm not sure I could give someone the sort of attention they want. It sure would be nice, though..." the man reached up to scratch at the tiny scar above his eyebrow, pursing his lips. If only. Yuuta felt he wasn't worth that kind of dedication. Being alone was easier for him and everyone in his life.

Yuuta did redden at Arata's mention of his unfinished meal, and he averted his gaze shyly. "It's alright...Im not very hungry right now." The truth was, he just didn't want to eat it. His stomach felt fine, he wasn't full or even particularly hungry, he just didn't want it. Eating in front of people made him uneasy, and his nerves were constantly shot through with stress, so finishing meals sometimes felt like a chore. Yuuta didn't want to cause concern, wo he tried to change the subject. "We should go for drinks one night. Maybe we can persuade each other to keep out of trouble." Yuuta offered a small smile,but his stomach did a nervous flip. He didn't want to think about why right now.

• His eyes grazed over the bowl of rice that was nearly untouched, but he didn’t have much he could say. His hazel eyes wandered lazily back over to Yuuta’s face. With a light tilt of his head, he paused with the mug in his hand considering it for a moment. Nodding his head he raised his mug up a bit with a lopsided smile. “Yeah I’d like that, that sounds like it would be a good time.” Arata agreed taking the last sip of his black tea. He did think it would actually be a good time getting drinks with Yuuta, even though he seemed to take a little while to warm up to he had a good time talking with him so far. Setting the mug back down he leaned more against the table offering a rather casual shrug. “We’re better not to go to the bar I work at, there’s a lot chances for trouble there.” He commented with a bit of stifled chuckle before reaching to stretching his hands over high over his head yawning a little bit to himself before tuning back to look at Yuuta back across the table. Well, it looked like last night shift was starting to catch up with him now that he was sitting and had a full stomach.

Snapping his fingers he leaned forwards fishing his phone out of his pocket. Turning it back on he frowned as several alerts popped up on his phone a couple of missed calls and a text message, all from Ota. He tapped away at his phone screen for a minute fishing out the same boring white business card that Yuuta had given him the night before. Glancing down at the card he looked back and forth between the card and the phone. “I just sent you a text so you have my number in case you need anytihing at all.” Arata set his phone back down at the table. He nearly jumped though when he heard yet another buzz from his phone. Glancing down again he rolled his eyes and flipped the phone on to its screen.

BUT, I’M GOING ANYWAY

Always open to plotting

• "I understand." Yuuta laughed quietly, nodding his head. He was excited just thinking about going out for drinks with someone who wasn't a coworker for once. Well, more specifically, going out for drinks with Arata. Yuuta wasn't usually one to get wasted or anything, but he did like the occasional sweeter drink to calm his nerves after a long day or help him loosen up around someone new. Luckily for him, he was a pretty tame drunk. Even sleeping with work associates after a night out was a subtle, organized affair. Yuuta wasn't one to make a fuss or a fool of himself, anymore than je already unintentionally did, even intoxicated.

He couldn't help but smile as his phone beeped in his pocket, and reached back to produce it. Yuuta habitually slipped his hand through the wrist strap and flipped the plain grey cell open. He added Arata as a new contact, checked the time, and snapped it closed. Yuuta set it gingerly on the table. "Call me, whenever you're available. We can make plans then." Yuuta's smile remained, but his dimples were absent. Something only a few people knew was a telltale sign that he was forcing that smile to stay theree. He just worried about Arata, and about the man blowing up his phone. He knew full well that it wasn't his business at all, but that didn't mean he wasn't concerned. Wasn't it pretty much harassment at this point? "You can call me, too. If you ever need anything," Yuuta added quietly as he placed his elbow on the edge of the table and lowered his head to rest his chin in the palm of his hand. He looked at the other man from under his lashes with drowsy eyes. His voice was soft, attempting to be soothing. "I really enjoy your company Arata-san. You've shown me a lot of kindness, and you don't even know me. If theres ever anything I can do for you, please contact me." He felt a little ashamed thinking that he probably couldnt hold too true to that promise very well, given his boss liked to load him with work every hour of every day, especially at the most inconvenient, spontaneous times, but that didn't mean he couldn't at least offer.

• The absence of dimples wasn’t generally alarming to him since, he didn’t exactly have the best frame of reference, but Arata probably wouldn’t have held it against him either way. Even though Arata smiled and nodded in return. “Sounds good I’ve got a couple free nights this week.” Arata frowned at yet another buzz on his phone, but waited to turn it over for now. It didn’t exactly make him all that comfortable to have an ex blowing up his phone, but he probably wasn’t going to do much to stop it either. He watched Yuuta lean more into the table and look at him through heavy lidded eyes. Offering a small nodded he tapped his finger ideally on the table beside is glass. “Awe, really thanks I appreciate it.” Arata was practially beaming, even if it was a hollow promise, he still liked hearing people willing to offer help if he needed it. It was just a good feeling to him, especially someone who he’d only met a little while ago. Another buzz could be heard and he sighed and caved flipping over his phone. He completely ignored the text itself and instead focused on the time on his phone.

“Can I use your bathroom to change for work? They frown upon me showing up in my street clothes or anything.” Arata wouldn’t expect such a big fuss over clothing, but he also had gotten an hour long lecture before about his presentation and how it reflected poorly on the company if he didn’t put more thought into his appearance. Leaning back on the cushion he smiled to himself. “And really thanks for everything. You didn’t have to go to this kind of trouble. You should be in bed resting and here I am keeping you up.”

BUT, I’M GOING ANYWAY

Always open to plotting

• "It's perfectly fine. It's been a while since I've had company, let alone even spent time with someone outside of work. It makes me feel invigorated," Yuuta laughed, scratching at his scar again. It sounded sort of sad to say it aloud, but it was true. He felt like he was five years younger. It was refreshing to spend even a moment of his time in Arata's presence. Thinking of going out for drinks with him one day was exciting, too. It was easy to forget that even on his sick days he had work to do, when he had something to look forward to. "I'll be sure to rest up when I can, but I won't be going back to work for a couple more days, so just call my cell when you have time. The bathroom is down the hall, it's a little small, sorry." Yuuta gestured down the hall, and stood. He took their bowls, leaving their cups and the kettle, and headed towards the kitchenette. While Arata went to change, he quickly washed them by hand and put them back in the cabinet. Yuuta was back at the table by the time Arata returned, sipping his tea quietly, staring down at the wood grain. His hands sat on the table top, as he absently picked at the wood. That dull look had returned, and the slouch to his shoulders was back too. His exhaustion had seemingly made its come back, though it seemed more emotional than physical this time.

• Arata wasn’t exactly sure how to react to the fact that he was outright saying that’d been too long since he’d spent time with anyone, especially for someone outside of his workplace. Sighing softly he paused for a second before standing up. He paused to look Yuuta in the eyes, his hazel eyes bright. A bright smile taking over his face. “You know, I’m even more grateful to have gotten to spend time with you then.” Genuine in in his words he moved his way towards the bed picking up his black garment bag carefully picking it up. He moved off towards the bathroom. As he reached the bathroom, he peered and had had admit, yes it was in fact kind of small, but hey it couldn’t be that bad. Slipping inside and easing the door closed. He was in the bathroom for a few minutes, there could be a soft thump heard by a muffled curse. The door opened a second later. Arata had on a navy blue button up shirt with a white tie loosely hanging around his neck. He kneaded a small red mark on his forehead for a moment, he had run his his hands through his long black hair and had slicked it back with a bit of water. “You really weren’t kidding about the bathroom.” He chuckled slipping his hands into the pocket of his black skinny jeans. He noticed the tired look coming over him again. “I can go if you need to get some work done or something.” The man asked shifting his weight from one foot to another.

BUT, I’M GOING ANYWAY

Always open to plotting

• "It's fine," Yuuta perked up immediately, smiling up at the other man. His smile dropped the instant he saw the red bump on his forehead. Yuuta jumped to his feet, swaying momentarily as the world around him spun, with the remnants of his fever leaving him light headed, but hastily recovered and hurried to the kitchenette. He reached into the freezer, grabbing a small ice pack for lunchboxes, and hurrying to Arata's side. He had a worried frown on his face, dimples poking through, as he leaned up to place the tip pf the ice pack to Arata's forehead. "I'm so sorry, Arata-san. You should have just gotten dressed in here, I could have stepped out." He pouted up at the other man, but eventually he let his gaze wander. The color of his shirt was a nice choice, and the white tie had an interesting allure to it. Arata looked very handsome, really. Would that be weird to say out loud? Would he be flattered, or just creeped out? Maybe it was best to leave those kinds of comments to himself...

"Did you hit your head hard? What did you hit it on?" Yuuta sounded like a mother at this point, hovering over Arata anxiously. For someone who could barely take care of himself, he sure had a lot of energy to spend worrying over other people.

• Arata stoped in the hallway seeing Yuuta suddenly frown and get up. “Hey, there’s no need to fuss.” Arata insisted even though he was already up and moving towards the kitchen. Of course it kind of hurt, but he wasn’t in in any sort of serious pain. Arata froze as Yuuta put the cold pack on his forehead. Wincing slightly he brought his hand up to take the ice pack. Instead his hand cupped around Yuuta’s. He locked eyes with Yuuta for a second. He watched Yuuta’s dark eyes glance down at his shirt. His eyes refocused on Yuuta’s questions. “The bathroom counter I think. It wasn’t too hard, it just hurts a bit” He blinked taking the ice pack from his hands. Despite the dull pain in the back of his head he couldn’t help, but smile watching him anxiously move around him watching him fretting like a mother with a child. With a light chuckle he looked over at Yuuta doing his best to cover up his smile. “Thanks...for the ice.” He chuckled pressing the ice pack on to his head with a sigh. “I might need to take a second though.” He reached out to lean up against one of the kitchenette counter. Maybe he had hit his head a little harder than he thought he did. Huffing he shrugged as he looked back at Yuuta with a stifled chuckle.

BUT, I’M GOING ANYWAY

Always open to plotting

• The moment their hands made contact, Yuuta became painfully aware of their proximity, and the fact that he had just rushed over to help without asking first. He took a step back, letting the ice pack go willingly and transfer to the other man's hand. He didn't want to scare Arata off or make him feel uncomfortable, but he just couldn't help his worry wart nature. "Sorry...head injuries are serious. Even a little bump can make you dizzy." He watched Arata with steady, clear eyes, searching his face for any sign of immediate weakness that he should be concerned about. As he leaned against the counter, Yuuta continued on, trying to keep the silence from the air. "This scar," Yuuta reached up to pass a thumb over the tiny pink scar above his eyebrow, "I used to play baseball and one day a pitch came straight for my face. I thought I was fine, and I didn't even feel the blood trickling into my eyes and after that I just cleaned up and finished the game, but two days later I was passing out left and right and throwing up every meal I ate. The whole time I hadn't realized I was concussed. The pain was there, but I had passed it off as a simple headache. If I hadn't realized what was wrong, I would be serious trouble; left with worse than a scar and chronic migraines." Yuuta dropped his hands to his side, fiddling with the bottom of his long sleeved shirt. "You can never be too careful," he concluded firmly, "If you need some water or some pain killer tell me, okay? I won't send you off to work with a headache or anything."

• Arata nodded along with his story as he looked at the small scar just above his eyebrow. Arata had noticed it before, but hadn’t thought much of it since it did’t seem like anything overly alarming. Arata appreciated him trying to fill the silence. Leaning against the counter still for support he nodded his head wincing at the movement in his head. “Ouch, you’re right I probably should take it easy for a sec.” Pressing the ice pack closer to his forehead. “I might have to take you up on that offer for some water though. I think I should be fine in a few minutes.” Young man assured before his hazel eyes wandered back over to the small scar. He wiped the small beads of water running down the side of his face. “How long did you play baseball for?”Arata asked ideally leaning his elbow on to the counter still with the ice pack pressed against his forehead. After holding the ice there for a minute he set the ice pack on the counter. He squinted his eyes a little, the red mark had gone down, but there was still a dull headache in the back of his head, so he wanted to distract himself with something else.

BUT, I’M GOING ANYWAY

Always open to plotting

• Yuuta nodded, and went to the fridge to produce a bottle of water. he nudged the door closed with his shoulder, and moved back to Arata's side, passing him the water. "I played for two years, took a three year break, and got back into it for another six years. I used to be a lot more healthy and agile," Yuuta laughed, a little embarrassed to admit that he wasn't so much in shape these days, "so sports were fun. I tried a lot of them, but baseball was the only one I really enjoyed." Yuuta clasped his hands together at his waist, as he usually did when he was just idling with nothing for his hands to do, and cocked his head to the side. "Are there any sports you like to play, Arata-san?"

• Arata took the water bottle from him with an appreciative nod. His eyebrows arched a little and his mouth made a small ‘o’ shape at the fact that he had played baseball for quite a while. Twisting his water bottle cap off he quickly took a drink of the water. “Life gets in the way sometimes.” The young man offered supportively before taking another long drink of water. “I tried just about everything when I was in high school, never stuck with anything, but now I play volleyball Thrusday nights. It’s not anything serious, but it’s a fun time.” Setting the water bottle down on the counter top. “You should come to see a game.” Taking a sip of his water he looked at Yuuta for a moment taking a contemplative sip of his water. There was a moment of silence before Arata snapped his fingers together midair and he visibly brightened. “You should meet some of the guys that play in a local baseball league too. I think you’d really like them.” The young man insisted with a light shrug of his broad shoulders. He liked Yuuta and he liked spending time with him a lot. Raising up the water bottle one more time he took one last drink of watbefore setting crumpling the plastic in his hands. Arata’s hazel eyes looked over Yuuta’s expresssion judging his reaction. Maybe it was kind of weird, but Arata thought that maybe Yuuta needed the opportunity to meet people who he could find common ground with outside of work. It might be a long shot, but he figured it was worth a try at least. Arata kneaded the red spot carefully on his head with a sigh. “I think the pain is getting better at least.” Arata chimed in picking up the ice pack again still having the red lump on the side of his head.

BUT, I’M GOING ANYWAY

Always open to plotting

• "I'd be happy to come watch you play a game," Yuuta replied with a genuine, kind smile, tilting his head to the side as he looked up at Arata from the corner of his eye. His smile faltered a little when Arata suggested going to meet some of the local baseball players, but he seemed more nervous than opposed to the idea, if anything. "I'm not so sure going out to meet so many new people is such a good idea. I don't even know if I could find the time...but I guess we all have to branch out and do things out of our comfort zone from time to time. Ill consider it," he nodded, almost as if he was steeling himself for the mere thought of meeting the team, with a look of weak determination in his eyes. He took the crumpled, empty bottle from Arata in both hands. "Oh, I'm glad your head is feeling better. Maybe you should take that ice pack with you." Yuuta leaned forward to set the water bottle on the counter in front of them, slumping back afterwards.

He seemed to be doing a lot better, steady on his feet, and only a little flushed now. The medicine was really doing its job. He was starting to get hot in his layers, actually. Yuuta mumbled a quiet "excuse me" and detached himself from the counter just long enough to peel his long sleeved overshirt off, pulling it over his head, bringing the bottom of his tank top with it. He was very thin, slim and pale, and his hip bones jutted out from the belt of his low jeans. He shook his hair back into place, and reached up to unclip it, putting the clip in his back pocket and laying his over shirt over the crook of his arm, before finally tugging his tank down. He huffed a sigh of relief. Yuuta dragged the back of his hand over his forehead, pushing his curls from his eyes. "I guess my fever is going away. I feel a lot better."