Please let me go [Open; Herb interest]

The winner of the latest giveaway is: Bobbar7857! Congratulations to them!

The next giveaway is for Monster Hunter: World! Check here for more info!
  • // please state oocly if your character is interested in being the mca on day

ybLNaqY.gif Releasing a silent sight, his blue eyes look around as the sun begins to show and cats begin to move around. The camp was coming alive and he couldn't hear any of it, not a single conversation or whisper about what others would do today. But he could see their faces, tired eyes and excited souls bouncing at the chance to escape the camp. It brought a small smile to his maw as he sat out a couple of beginning herbs that almost everyone already knew. "Would anyone be interested in learning about herbs today?" .

windclan mc 12 moons boy eaglespirit x twilightrise tags

windclan mc 13 moons boy eaglespirit x twilightrise

roleplayed by decaying - TAGS

zUeH1qy.gif

• /you know this ones interested

The tom was the first to appear. Half blinded gaze lighting up when he saw Buzzardflight settle with a couple herbs set out. I’m interested! He mewed, a little too loudly.

• MORNINGFROST

❝ I wear a mask again and go to see you

TAGS ☆彡//not interested c:

the word 'herbs' leaves a bad taste in his mouth. it reminds him of dusksparks, and how he had been taught by the other. it wasn't as though he hated the other, it was just that he had never been allowed to properly like him. his connection to... eh, it didn't matter. cutting the thought abruptly, the blue tabby crawls over, head tilted. it's clear that he came over only because he was bored, and nothing more.

all opinions are ic! || played by happeh

bloomed in a garden of loneliness a flower that resembles you

uqgv8AV.gif46c8bfa9925f8c1d2a7cde967e4e2226ed305f11_00.gif

• Leafpaw ears perked. Herbs? The bi-colored tom was always interested in the certain plants that he discovered in his fur. Of course he knew not all of them were important, but he knew quite a few were. He was sure if he looked he’d find some yarrow he may’ve collided into this morning. His knowledge was limited on the effects, but he did know quite a few of the medical item’s names.

Leafpaw also generally liked the idea of working with herbs! He was already soooo good at finding them. With a lot of enthusiasm he burst forward and stopped in front of Buzzardflight. “I would!” Leafpaw all but whisper-shouted, not wanting to hurt anycat’s ears but still wanting to display his excitement. Even if the sound fell on almost deaf ears.

//my boi here is heavily interested

YOU CAN PUT SOME JOY UPON MY FACE

OH SUNSHINE IN AN EMPTY PLACE

male + windclan + apprentice + ten moons + npc x npc + played by graeypawz

• ybLNaqY.gif Buzzardflight was happy to see Jaguarkit, a familiar face along with Morningfrost. Though, he knew the older tom was not interested in herbs. He had a feeling that they didn't like herbs or medicine but simply came over because he was over here. For that, the white tom was grateful to have a friend. His blue eyes then looked to Leafpaw. An apprentice he didn't know as well as Jaguar but was happy to see that they were interested. "Before I begin, I want to remind everyone that I have lost my hearing. So don't be afraid to tap me or wave your paw if you have a question." he said, pausing for a moment before continuing. "What do you know so far about herbs? It's okay if you know nothing. I once didn't know anything and was still choosen to be the next medicine cat."

zUeH1qy.gif

• Featherpaw, too, was not interested in being a medicine cat. What was so fun about picking plants and dealing with sick cats? Sounded boring and disgusting. But, as it was obvious she had nothing better to do, the she-cat made her way over. She made a point of seating herself away from Morningfrost, knowing full well she was acting like a kit. So what? She couldn’t bring herself to care anymore, instead focusing on the tom who was running this thing. “You eat a flower and it makes you all better. That’s all there is to it.” The white apprentice smiled at her own joke. There was obviously a lot more to it, and she could respect anyone who knew what that was. She didn’t.

⌁✦ NOSTALGIA FOR

INNOCENCE ✦⌁

— Featherpaw | she-cat | WindClan | tags | rped by Autumnleaf

• Fogpaw’s ears swiveled towards the sound of voices as he walked towards the freshkill pile with a small bird in his jaws to add to it. Once he dropped his catch on top he turned towards the group and caught sight of the herbs in front of Buzzardflight. He padded over towards them, intrigued by their presence outside of the medicine den. After hearing that he would be teaching the others about them Fogpaw’s eyes widened with interest.

His paws led him over to the group where he sat down beside Morningfrost.

“I’d like to participate as well if you don’t mind.” Fogpaw meowed as he blinked at Buzzardflight and nodded respectfully to the tom.

Knowing about herbs and what they do could help in a situation that called for it. It never hurts to learn and be prepared for future events.

• Leafpaw settled himself in a seated position, knowing that this lesson would probably be long. He’d stay calm and power through it, no matter how much energy he had! “Herbs are used to help wounds from getting infected and help with illness, I-um, do believe.” Words were unsure, but his voice held strong. Leafpaw was a little nervous, he didn’t want to mess up. The gray and white tom recalled hearing it from his parents multiple times His olive-green eyes glanced at the others that were beginning to show up. That was awesome that so many wanted to learn! What he didn’t know, is that a faction didn’t care much for it.

• He looked at each cat as they answered, happy to see most got an understanding of what herbs were. One answer that he took as a joke and another feline made their way over to join. So far, so good. The tom then pushed some cobwebs forward, bundled into a little ball. "Can anyone tell me what this is and what it is for?" .

zUeH1qy.gif

• Recognition flashed in the young toms eyes as the sticky strands were nudged forward in a ball. Leaning forward he sniffed them, almost getting them stuck to his muzzle, before straightening back to his seated position.

“Those are cobwebs,” Fogpaw responded calmly as he lifted his head to answer Buzzardflight. His face scrunched slightly as he went through his memory to remember what they were used for.

“...they are used to stop bleeding and wrap wounds.” He finished after a small pause.

The apprentice remembers seeing them being used before. It’s really quite amazing what the webs can do. They can make a nasty wound stop bleeding in a matter of moments depending on the size of it.

Windclan ~ Apprentice ~ 9 Moons ~ Male ~ Npc x Npc ~ Heterosexual

Played By Relic Dreams

The post was edited 1 time, last by Fogpaw ().

• Those are spiderwebs, she thought to herself. She had no idea of their purpose, though. You wouldn’t eat them, right? Featherpaw started down the cobwebs, as if by doing so, they’d reveal some answer. Thankfully, Fogpaw spoke up before she’d had to wait too long. They were used as wrappings, to soak up blood. Huh. That likely would’ve been her last guess.

⌁✦ NOSTALGIA FOR

INNOCENCE ✦⌁

• ybLNaqY.gif He gave a nod, "Correct, they are used to stop the bleeding. Of course, if there is massive bleeding it is better to use your paws and large leafs." he said, but the trust was massive bleeding never worked out well. "Next up are poppy seeds. A common seed used for pain, but what two kinds of cats shouldn't eat poppy seeds?"

zUeH1qy.gif

• To keep wounds from bleeding.” Leafpaw said matter-o-factly, most knew that one. Well, he thought anyway. That seemed to be the most common appliance. The tom wasn’t quite sure that actually counted as a herb. Spider wrappings weren’t plants were they? That would be odd if the small arachnids shot plants out of their bums. His smile got a little wider at the thought.

Poppy seeds? Hm. Queens? But what else? He decided to voice his thoughts, “Queens that are still nursing kits? I don’t know about another.” Leafpaw was eager to learn however. This was what he was talking about! He was excited to hear the answer. “Perhaps really young kits, or extremely ill?” His tails swayed from side to side as he continued to speculate. The sleep inducing seed might be too much for newborns and the sick. Leafpaw was very sure that you weren't supposed to be feeding newborns anything except milk.

• Poppy seeds. He knew what they were used for but he didn't have an answer for Buzzardflight's question. There were cats that shouldn't eat them? As Leafpaw spoke, Fogpaw listened intently to his fellow apprentice's answer. Leafpaw seemed to know about herbs, at least more than what Fogpaw knew so far. The apprentice had an answer to each question Buzzardflight asked and this impressed the pale grey tom a bit. Queens weren't supposed to take them apparently, though Leafpaw didn't seem so sure of his second answer. He wondered if it was correct though. Could the newborn kits even swallow the seed? Well, he supposed he would find out in a bit.

Played By Relic Dreams

• ybLNaqY.gif "Nursing queens and young kits. Honey is a good way to get kits to take other herbs but for the most part they don't really need pain relief till they start walking around camp. As for nursing queens, honey is also good. But there are many other herbs that can sooth pain." he said, hoping everyone was able to follow along. Buzzardflight was impressed at Leafpaw's knowledge and wondered if they had learned from just watching. His blue eyes look at all the cats in front of him before continuing, "Last thing for this session. If you can not find him in time to help a cat, is it okay for you to step in?' it may seem like a trick question and he hopes they don't think to hard about it.

zUeH1qy.gif

• Featherpaw hadn’t even known what poppy seeds were, so she remained silent. She still had no interest in herbs, but appreciated all of this information. In response to Buzzardflight’s final question, the apprentice tilted her head in confusion. This did seem like a tricky one. “Uh, if it’s a life-or-death injury, I’d say you should do something.” Is that was the medicine cat was looking for? After all, how could you just let a cat die?

⌁✦ NOSTALGIA FOR

INNOCENCE ✦⌁

• 「 you are not as brave as you were at the start 」

Herbs.

He knew a lot about them. He kind of had too, being the medicine cat before Buzzardflight. As his eyes drifted over those who had gathered, the quiet warrior hung around at the back, wondering if...if they remembered what he had done. Cloudbounce sat down, curling his tail around his paws as he stared emotionlessly at what was happening before him, mind wandering slightly. Under his breath, the white and grey tom repeated more herbs and their uses under his breath, chest growing heavy as he remembered his past.

//stating interest solely because of those plots

"speaking." or "speaking."

TAGS (no link yet)

HE ONLY CAME AND GREW BACK AGAIN - ☽*˚⊹

played by onomato | warrior | 15 moons | healing-trained | storage thread

• Buzzardflight’s question caused Fogpaw’s face to blank as he thought it over. Well yes, if you couldn’t find the medicine cat then you should try to help in anyway you can. But there was always other things that could happen. What if you made them worse than they were before? Gave them the wrong herb? What if they died while you were trying to help them?

Fogpaw's thoughts were spinning, his ears start to ring. Memories flood over him, and he squeazes his eyes shut.

Then the ringing stops.

He opens his eyes and stares at the ground in front of his paws. No...I don’t know. He thought with a small shake of his head. He made himself a bit vulnerable at that moment, realizing this he sits up straighter and puts a calm expression on his face. “I’m not sure.” He states, a small grimace escaping him at not having a solid answer like yes or no. He just wasn’t sure and that nagged him in the back of his mind.

//Fogpaw gots some baggage and GOD I was not expecting this question after I had finally finished coming up with a backstory for him.

Played By Relic Dreams

• Leafpaw had spent a good portion of his life learning herbs after his mother. She, a loner with kits on the way, had known a lot of herbs. But only taught him the ones that would be beneficial for her in the harsh time. Leafpaw specifically knew lots about herbs ranging around queens, and fairly small common illnesses. So when she passed away by blackcough, Leafpaw wasn’t sure what he had done wrong. Had he addressed everything needed for whitecough?

Leafpaw noticed someone else had slinked in to join them but wasn’t this the last question? Or maybe just the last part of this specific test? Leafpaw was a bit puzzled but his expression softened as he noticed the expressions Fogpaw was pulling. He briefly looked away to address Buzzardflight first.

If you cannot find him? Who was this him? Buzzardflight? Leafpaw sat pondering for a minute but allowed his brain to reconfigure the sentence. “I’d say yes, it is okay.” Leafpaw knew that he couldn’t sit living with that on his conscious, not unless he tried to help the cat that was dying. Anxiously he awaited an answer, but an eye flicked to Fogpaw briefly. Is he okay? Should he ask? Probably.

Are you alright?” His voice soft, a whisper even as to not alert the other cats around him. Big olive eyes showing varying levels of concern.