RAVENS LAND // open, joining

The winners for the July Spotlight Contest are as follows: Writing goes to Mink! and Art goes to Baelfire!

The next Spotlight Contest can be found HERE!
The winner of the latest giveaway is: Juxtapose! Congratulations to them!

The next giveaway is for Ark: Survival Evolved! Check here for more info!
  • Curious paws padded through the thick pine forest. With wings folded at his sides and his usual gentle smile upon his lips, Angelface took a seat in the brush, waiting to see a passerby as the wind whistled in the trees.

I'M AN ANGEL WITH A SHOTGUN

FIGHTING 'TILL THE WAR'S WON

tags

• WINTERDOOMSDAY

Angelface's name honestly was the perfect name for this one. A stranger with a gentle smile, a pleasant face to look at. Although the tom had been hidden in a brush, the scent of his presence hit her nose first as she slowly made her rounds of patrolling the forest. "Hello?" she called out, surveying her surroundings as the nightwatcher tracked down the location of the scent.

• Angel's ears had perked up at the sound of a small 'hello' he had heard in the foliage. His head followed the direction of the noise and his eyes laid upon a white feline. "Ah, hello!" he answered back in his usual silvery tone, face brightening at the sight of the stranger. His expression quickly faded as a pause in conversation passed. Angel had to take a moment to think of what he had wanted to say next. What was that question they usually asked new people; name and business, right? "I'm Angelface Sugawara and, well, I was wondering if I would be allowed to join your clan, miss," Angel's joy faltered a bit, being replaced with a more serious look. This girl talking to him, whoever she was, seemed a lot older than him. She was a bit taller too, but that aspect didn't come off as much of a surprise. "It's called 'Shadow Veil', yes?" he asked, biting his lip. With fidgeting paws, he eagerly awaited Winter's reply.

tags

• WINTERDOOMSDAY

Well this one was cheery one and went straight to business. It certainly saved the assistant deputy time of having to ask for his name and reason why he was hiding in a brush on Shadow Veil's territory, although she would have to wonder why he was doing the latter, even if he did intend to join in the first place. "It's nice to meet you, Angelface. And yes, this is Shadow Veil. We do have an auto-acceptance policy so you're welcomed to the clan," the feline answered the tom, confirming his allegiance to the anticlan. "Although I hope you don't mind my asking why you were lurking in the brushes over there." She flicked toward the general direction of where she had seen the winged creature come from.

• Biography ・゚ ✦ °

Bemused was her expression, chocolate covered eyes betraying warmness as she joined Winterdoomsday. Her rounded ears gave a flick as if to show that she was listening and ready to hear of this bushes lingering tale; everyone had a story and she also was curious in what the male had been doing prior to running into the assistant deputy and pledging allegiance to the Veil. "Welcome," was what she would say via telepathy, deciding to keep her introductions brief as to avoid distracting from whatever he was to share. "My name is Amour, it's a pleasure to have you here."

• A sigh escaped Angel's maw in relief that the joining process was so quick. He had expected to be taken through a test of some sort. If they knew of his lack of prowess in battle, he thought he would've been rejected on the spot. He had opened his mouth to say something back, but it seems that Winter beat him to it, now asking a question of him. His eyes wandered back to the bush he had been hiding in as his cheeks slowly turned pink through his fur. "Well, you see..." he gave a nervous laugh, his eyes traveling between Winter and Amour. "I thought it would be funny to pop out of the bush when someone walked past..." he looked down towards his paws as they traced circles in the dirt. An image of him appearing out of the bush and receiving a small shriek from a passerby passed through his mind. "Obviously, that didn't happen," Angel mumbled. His nervous expression was quickly replaced with his usual grin. "Well, anyways, it was nice to meet you both!"

tags

• WINTERDOOMSDAY

Oh, so a prank? Winter couldn't blame that this one wanted to have some fun - some did. However, as for someone as old as Winter and Amour (mentally at least) and Standstill, pranks like these wouldn't be taken too lightly or would cause a feeling like a heart attack. Additionally, with the new world came wariness and high alert, for the strange lands that Shadow Veil and other Earth groups now live on held secrets of "magic" that Eiva had spoken on. Although the Kinship Circle leader had not expanded on what it meant, Winter didn't want to take the risk of letting her guard down for what could come in the future. A small smile was forced upon her maw, reflecting of this possibility. "Ah, I'm afraid you were not lucky today, then. Apologies that you didn't get your chance of fun. I'm sure you might find better luck with another individual in the camp, however," the nightwatcher lightly suggested the idea, although it was clear that she was not trying to suggest such an idea. "Nonetheless, it's our pleasure to meet you as well. Would you need some assistance to head back to our camp and rest or would you like to have a tour through our territory?"

• Biography ・゚ ✦ °

At this response, a twinkle of humor would be reflected in her expression. Her own days of lighthearted pranks were a thing of the past, if they had ever even existed in the first place. Though, like Winter, she couldn't blame the younger generations for wanting to engage in some harmless mischief. "Be careful who you scare," she would say, though her telepathic chiding came lightly and there was warmth reflected in tone. "You never know how somebody might react." This was true enough. A surprised cat could claw off your ears if they thought they were in danger. "In any case, I'm sure you'll get another chance."

• SEE TO THE REAL YOU

togaral / shadow veil & warrior / female [♀] / storage

*:・゚✦ The flirty female bound over and took a spot near the duo. Eyes on the tom that just joined. "I can see where you get the name. Lovely meeting you. Names Togaral." She cooed with a smirk playing her lips.

"Speech."

— I CAN SEE THROUGH YOU