Some people run from a possible fight / Some people figure they can never win (Moonbreeze joining) And although this is a fight I can lose / The accused is an innocent man

The winners for the July Spotlight Contest are as follows: Writing goes to Mink! and Art goes to Baelfire!

The next Spotlight Contest can be found HERE!
The winner of the latest giveaway is: Juxtapose! Congratulations to them!

The next giveaway is for Ark: Survival Evolved! Check here for more info!
  • Crouching against the wind's chill, Moonbreeze padded confidently across the border that marked this land as belonging to ThunderClan. The calico she-cat was thick-furred and powerful, built for strength and stability - well-suited in this undergrowth and dense forest where raw speed was essentially useless. For a loner, she was definitely out of the ordinary - she had been given a Clan name and to the best of her knowledge her parents had once belonged to the Clans here in the forest. Still, the hazel-eyed feline was trespassing and arrogantly too, it would do well for someone to teach her the error of her ways.

(hey! meet my long overdue ThunderClan cat. She's pretty, cocky and over-confident. Build-wise, think of how a quarterhorse is pretty good at sprint speed and can turn on a dime, right? But their speed comes from raw muscle strength, the agility is part of how they balance themselves. Same sort of skill distribution here with Moon, she's agile and powerful but no good in terms of speed except over very short distances. Definitely a fighter type.)

• ———— Blackstorm ————

i'm still blinded by her lies

Blackstorm was a part of the patrol that found the trespasser on Thunderclan land. It was obvious that she was a loner from her scent. "You dare trespass on Thunderclan territory. State your name and business, otherwise leave this lands." The heavily scarred black bengal was definitely a sizable foe if put to it. He wasn't very bulky like a few of his clan, but his build was obvious that he'd seen and been through many fights in his time. Although he was polite in asking, his tone was definitely business.

"Speech."

넌 그냥 그대로 너무 예쁜 걸

Stop looking in the mirror
    Don’t worry about your weight
    You’re already beautiful the way you are
    No make up yeah, no make up yeah
    No make up looks best on you
    tumblr_nj4n2qCCCj1syegc4o1_r1_500.gif

Blackstorm || ThunderClan || Warrior || 5.3 years || Melanistic Bengal || Single || PM for plots

• That morning, Pumpkinstar had assigned him to a patrol that included his estranged father Blackstorm. He knew the tom wasn't the ideal cat to greet newcomers - especially given his scarred, terrifying appearance. However, Mothpaw also knew that Blackstorm was a relatively nice cat once one got to know him. Not that he was willing to admit that in his confused state. Trotting over to stand beside the black tom, the ginger tabby apprentice cast a curious glance over to Moonbreeze, wondering what she could possibly be doing, so confidently crossing the ThunderClan border. Was she an ally coming to alert them of something? An enemy seeking trouble? A rogue or loner without a care in the world?

Mothpaw | Tom | ThunderClan | Apprentice | 7 moons | Heterosexual | Blackstorm x Fern | Brother of Blue (deceased) and Jay (deceased) | PM for capture or major injuries | Penned by Amy

creamred_by_nebulaishere-d7zxnuh.png

• Moonbreeze stretched, eyeing the mismatched duo dismissively. The calico molly halted at least to speak, although her manner was definitely nowhere in the realm of 'polite newcomer'. "I'm Moonbreeze. Clan parents, currently loner extraordinaire. Who're you lot?" she drawled condescendingly, whiskers twitching as she pushed their tolerance buttons.

The calico shouldered calmly past them after they didn't respond as quickly as she liked, and continued on her way. "Now, if you don't mind, I'm going to continue with my day. You're welcome to tag along, just don't spoil my catch." she tossed back over her shoulder, knowing full well that she wouldn't be allowed to continue on as she was. The calico might have forgotten most of her kit-hood history lessons, but she remembered that much - Clan cats were real sticklers for territory.

• ———— Blackstorm ————

Blackstorm was no pushover and after she’d just blatantly brushed him aside, he was not going to step back. Releasing the tension on his haunches, the bengal sprung forward forcefully in attempts to pin her down and restrain the fem. Sharp piercing claws protruded from his slender, yet very strong paws to show her the seriousness of this offense. His deep thundering growl was definitely threatening. “Move an inch further into the territory and I will not let you go. You join the proper way if you are to join miss.

Blackstorm was angry she had the nerve and disrespect. Thinking she had full reign just because she found herself on their land. Moonbreeze stated she was a loner extraordinaire, but nothing of the likes of joining Thunderclan. Therefore that gave the warrior all the permission to prevent her from venturing further in.

“Be aware Mothpaw.” He growled, directing the young apprentice who’d been with him on the patrol. Where was the rest of the patrol? Though Blackstorm was strong, he didn’t want a full on fight either, not did he wish his son get involved with this ingrate. What a bad first impression this girl was giving.

"Speech."

넌 그냥 그대로 너무 예쁜 걸

Blackstorm || ThunderClan || Warrior || 5.3 years || Melanistic Bengal || Single || PM for plots

• Rowanflame was also on the patrol, and he wasn't sure how to feel about the other. ThunderClan was normally welcoming of strangers, but the strangers weren't allowed to trespass like this and just demand acceptance. Blackstorm tried a rude approach and it didn't quite work, so the cinnamon tom would try something else. "As he said, there is a proper way to join. However that would require you waiting here for our leader. ThunderClan is usually accepting of outsiders, however rude behavior like this is not how to get accepted." the male said, rambling slightly. "I would no recommend force. You are outnumbered here alone, and we have many more warrior back home. If you wait for a second, it will work much better. Am I clear?" Rowanflame spoke, rather annoyed with the female but not allowing it to show. His fur would remain flat and he kept a neutral face, hoping diplomacy would work better.

"LOVE AND LET GO" & ThunderClan warrior

AND NO ONE KNOWS

HOW FAR I'LL GO

male - 12 moons - warrior - ThunderClan

• ———— Blackstorm ————

Of course Rowanflame was being a little less heated. But he was just shouldered past and obviously that was not right. If she wanted a fight, she’d get it.

Why do some like things the hard way instead of being diplomatic and whatnot. It would’ve been easier saying she wanted to join them and etcetera. But hey, every cat was different. Perhaps she didn’t understand the rules even as simple as they were, or she just did as she pleased without regard of respect for others and all. “Rowanflame, I will not let her go till she gives us a proper answer.” He grumbled. What gives.

"Speech."

넌 그냥 그대로 너무 예쁜 걸

• Slatepaw

Slatepaw joined ThunderClan with the title loner as well. Though when she entered the territory, she didn’t make a show like Ms. America here.

The slim tabby observed the calico, a slight grimace of disgust curling on her maw. God. Some mollies could be so cocky and irritable. Moonbreeze was definitely no exception.

Green eyes narrowed, the female watched as the unfamiliar loner brushed past Blackstorm. Oh god. Slatepaw already decided she despised the stranger.

The tabby understood that Blackstorm could very well take care of himself, but this cocky brat of a loner couldn’t just waltz in like she owned the goddarn place.

Rowanflame kept his temper, which was to be expected. He was the kind of warrior who did no wrong. Kinda like the guy every parent would want their kids to grow up like. Though Slatepaw was far from that even-tempered personality.

“Get out of whatever fantasy world you’re living in and wake up, ya cocky piece of crap. This is ThunderClan territory. Get up and leave or show some respect” Slatepaw mewed, irritated that Moonbreeze was pushing her only maybe-friend around.

(c)trexgirl

slate_glass_tile.png

I Wonder Why People Think I Care

Played by -Renegade- | tags | plots

| Oriental Shorthair

| 11 moons | Apprentice | ThunderClan

• Moonbreeze heard the rush of wind and could have sidestepped if she so chose, instead letting Blackstorm tackle her. She fell in such a way as to land gracefully, with no damage to either of them. "Now, for all you're labeling me as rude, I don't typically tackle the first newcomer I meet. Is this usually how you greet strangers?" She drawled, looking up at the black tom with a teasing glint in her yellow-green eyes. Moving quickly, the tricoloured molly pushed up off the ground, breaking free and intending to reverse the pin so as to hold him down. "After all, if I wanted to join, I could be a great asset. You're giving me no motivation to do so, I have to say. My parents talked about ThunderClan but they said you were a welcoming bunch. Pity, I never took them for liars."

The calico flicked her plume of a tail, eyeing them all. "Stand down, you're acting like a bunch of kits. I'm one cat and while I appreciate the compliment of force, I'm not in the mood to hand your asses to you today."

• Who did she think she was? This was an improper way to carry oneself, definitely not the way to gain membership in a clan. "We would of treated you much differently had you not trespassed and demanded. If you had waited at the border and asked, we would of been a lot nicer and you would not of been tackled. ThunderClan is usually welcoming, but not to those who behave like kits who demand their way." Rowanflame meowed, maintaining his diplomatic posture. "We will not stand down. This is our territory and our home, not yours. I must ask you to leave for now, and if you wish to join come again later once you have cooled off. Carry yourself like an adult, and we'll consider a request to join. Carry yourself like a newly kitted kit? Not so much. Not acting aggressive and demanding goes a long way." the tom continued, blue eyes fixated on the female, ready to spring and attack if needed.

"LOVE AND LET GO" & ThunderClan warrior

AND NO ONE KNOWS

HOW FAR I'LL GO

male - 12 moons - warrior - ThunderClan

• ———— Blackstorm ————

Breaking away, the warrior seemed to feel more anger broil deep within. This one had a way to stir the passion in others. Yet it wasn’t in a good way at all.

“Your parents are not liars, Thunderclan does welcome those who come to us. Yet you do conduct yourself in such a way that makes them as such. And obviously are presenting yourself in such a irritable way.” He was willing to let her go and come back like Rowanflame had suggested. Now that the four of them were there, the female had better think of the consequences she was quickly building up due to her rude actions.

“Tell my clan mates to stand down? Well, I dare say, you should take a look at yourself.” He spat angrily, pale yellows narrowing. Blackstorm was truly frustrated too since he’d rather not spill bloo either, yet she just didn’t seem to get it did she?

"Speech."

///dearest, you’re totally welcome to join us~ I like moonbreeze hehee

넌 그냥 그대로 너무 예쁜 걸

• Moonbreeze snorted derisively. "Awesome. You know, I'm not necessarily being rude here. I didn't greet you by tackling you to the ground, nor have I insulted you in anyway - although 'who're you lot' was admittedly not my best line. Shocker, I know. And it's not me tossing names around either. 'Cocky piece of crap', particularly eloquent there. My father would have boxed my ears for speaking like that. Now, if everyone could cool their tails would be wonderful. I understand my presence may spur others to passion but this is so not what I was after." the calico drawled, her tone so deadpan that one would find it difficult to tell whether the self-aggrandising comment was a joke or not. "For the record, I mixed up the borders, okay? You clan cats have such a confusing scent, I just wanted to get something to eat."

That was about as close to an apology as the calico rogue would venture, her pride was dented enough already. Really. They should be bowing before her, or at least greeting her politely. The molly shook herself, giving herself a few quick licks where the black tom's paws had left her own pristine coat a little muddy. Savages.

( PumpkinStar come settle this? lol there is gonna be blood... totally my fault and I am sorry. I think I've created a monster.)

• ———— Blackstorm ————

Blackstorm scoffed. “Care to explain how you got it so confused? A little tidbit for you miss, if you’re nose isn’t at its best, you should’ve paid attention to the odd changes if it did confuse you and make sure you aren’t where you may not be wanted. Think of it as common sense. Then you dare ignore the fact I asked your name and business which you gave yourself a name, yet haughtily sauntered past without anymore disregard. You continually ignored our presence in your own way, despite Rowanflame trying to be a tad bit more diplomatic.”

The tom’s tail was now the only obvious movement that depicted his anger, lashing to and fro everyone and then. Heck they all tried in their own way, but this she-Cat had the most mousebrained sense of ego ever. He’ll be damned if it didn’t remind him of Fern.

"Speech."

넌 그냥 그대로 너무 예쁜 걸

• Moonbreeze scowled, the little epithet made her feel very small and that wasn't something which sat well with the proud molly. "With all due respect," she snapped as she drew herself up to her full height - which was only a little taller than average for a molly but her broad shoulders marked her as a capable fighter. "Borders might be easy to identify if you're used to living with lots of other cats. Me, I'm a loner. I live... way, way off past your territory. There's maybe one visitor in a moon if I'm unlucky. So around here, there's a lot of scents and my nose got confused since way back at the twolegplace. You'll forgive me for not knowing where a specific boundary lies since I wasn't here when they were set!" she growled, fur prickling in annoyance.

Backing down wasn't really Moonbreeze's forte, but the calico could see that this was about to devolve into her getting her pelt shredded - three or four on one was bad odds, even for her. "If it makes a difference, my family was Clan. I know about borders, I just can't recognise them. Practice and all that. Shouldn't have been so rude before, usually if I give ground the local rogues will take all I've got." she muttered, her low voice carrying in the stagnant forest air. This was getting dangerously close to sincerity and an apology.

• Slatepaw

// ahh, sorry! Pumpkin is a little busy atm so she’s gone inactive for a while. But please feel free to send Moon into other open threads as she’s auto-accepted. :)

Slatepaw’s green eyes narrowed as she watched the female. Ugh, this femme clearly would need to work on showing respect and earning her place and right in ThunderClan, if she was to join.

The slim apprentice was still irritated, but as she listened to Moonbreeze, a slight sense of understanding settled over her.

Slatepaw was a loner too. Before she joined. And it was a rough life. After her deadbeat parents got up and left her, she had to work for herself and her sickly sister. It wasn’t easy, for a child responsible for another life. She couldn’t make it alone. ThunderClan was her best chance at survival. And it was probably this calico’s best shot too.

Reluctantly, Slatepaw sighed, and turned to murmur softly to the other warriors.

“I know she’s irritating and has some problems with pride, but I say we give her a chance. We’ll take her to camp and see what we can do. I don’t know, maybe a test-trial or something. We’ll ask”

(c)trexgirl

slate_glass_tile.png

I Wonder Why People Think I Care

Played by -Renegade- | tags | plots

| Oriental Shorthair

| 11 moons | Apprentice | ThunderClan

• ———— Blackstorm ————

Blackstorm sighed. Slatepaw was totally right on that.

“Alright. If Rowanflame and I bring her into camp i’m Sure it won’t be so bad right? Give you a chance and all, but i’m pretty sure we’ll keep an eye on you till then. Trust isn’t easily given you know.”

The tom had cooled down enough after the first tense moments had passed. No need for all that and a fight. Though he was still miffed of course

"Speech."

넌 그냥 그대로 너무 예쁜 걸

• Moonbreeze had a clan cat's name, yet somehow she'd become a loner, now alone in the world with a hard attitude. Mothpaw shifted at her snark, listening to Blackstorm in remaining aware albeit silent. It was a warrior's place to deal with trespassers, not an apprentice's, so he was shocked to find Slatepaw so openly running his tongue. However, things simmered down once Moonbreeze offered an apology, something he appreciated hearing. Nodding quietly to agree with his father's assessment, Mothpaw asked in a lower tone, not wanting to appear rude for speaking out of turn, "Er, if she was a clan cat once, should we ask why she left?" Perhaps he was being childish, worrying about elder's tales of clan cats turned rogue and rejoining enemies like Tigerstar. It gave him nightmares to think about.

Mothpaw | Tom | ThunderClan | Apprentice | 7 moons | Heterosexual | Blackstorm x Fern | Brother of Blue (deceased) and Jay (deceased) | PM for capture or major injuries | Penned by Amy

• ———— Blackstorm ————

An imaginative brow was raised at his son’s query. It made sense yet it also felt taboo. Why? He wasn’t sure he felt like poking around another’s history for fear of allowing the sass monster to rear its head up and cause mayhem once again. Yet, he was oddly curious. He was going to ask regardless. Might as well strip himself of all inhibitions at that moment.

“You have a clan name.... because your parents were clan cats? Yet you don’t sound as if you’ve ever lived a clan life before.” He didn’t want to admit it because he’d been a loner before, but there were something’s that did bother him when he first found a clan and was brought in to live with them. Though that was the farthest thought in the back of the melanistic bengal’s mind right now.

"Speech."

넌 그냥 그대로 너무 예쁜 걸

• Moonbreeze scowled, biting back a retort about that being her business. "I was born Moonkit because that's how my parents knew how to do things. You're right, no Clan time but we did all go through a stage of being _'paw for a while. Took a bit of understanding, you have... like, an actual specific job for cats who are still learning?" The calico asked curiously, being raised the way she was the molly had pretty much hit the ground running and never stopped. "For the record, since I know you're going to ask me, my parents weren't traitors or anything. They disagreed with a leader and left not long after they both got their full names, something about my mother wanting to continue as a healer trainee but being overruled by some star-cats? Honestly, I wasn't told super specific things and it seemed like a point of resentment." the long-furred molly mewed, scowling at the thought of her parents. They'd abandoned her and both their litters besides one kit, and gone to live with twolegs. Despite herself, Moonbreeze still felt hurt at the thought - sure, Amberwish was a sickly kit but they would have survived without twoleg 'help'. It had just been an excuse to abandon the family. Still, better to not reveal too much about them to the Clan cats lest they go bother her siblings in the barn.

• He listened quietly to her story. She'd been born as Moonkit since her parents only knew clan names, but truly hadn't been raised in any particular clan. While she'd been apprenticed, Moonbreeze had very little connection with actual clan life and its policies. Believing he understood now, apology tinted his green eyes. "I'd like to apologize, Moonbreeze. I didn't mean to bring up bad feelings. Please accept my apology." Sincere oculars held steady gazing towards the calico. Mothpaw really hadn't meant to cause her any grief or ill feelings, he'd only been looking out for his clanmates. With all the talk of WindClan's troubles with BloodClan, everyone was wary - especially the little tom.