all around me are familiar faces [p, Jasperstar] worn out places, worn out faces

The winners for the July Spotlight Contest are as follows: Writing goes to Mink! and Art goes to Baelfire!

The next Spotlight Contest can be found HERE!
The winner of the latest giveaway is: Juxtapose! Congratulations to them!

The next giveaway is for Ark: Survival Evolved! Check here for more info!
  • JasperStar apologies for my disappearance again! i remembered these guys had a sort of chemistry briefly before I went poof like the magical genie I secretly am. Congratulations on being made leader. I didn't recognise your character for a minute, then I re-read my old stuff and went 'hang on a minute' and then I got hit with the feels, because she's barely changed a day and he's changed too much.

Barely balanced on unsteady paws, the scarred ginger molly gazed about her with wide, haunted eyes. So much was so familiar, but barely any of the friends she'd made still remained with the living. It wounded her heart to the quick, to come back and still bear the visage of a cat barely entering her twentieth moon, but to have the only cats she even remotely recognised be those who dwelt in the elders' den. And then, of course, Jaspereyes. No, Jasperstar now, she reminded herself. To return and find the cat who'd welcomed her, once resonating energy and vibrance, now resided in the darkest corner of his den fearing for his sanity... she could hardly bear it. Still, there was no way she could rejoin the clan and not address him, the molly was insensitive, not cruel. Cautiously, she approached his makeshift gorse-walled den, she still recognised his scent on it after more than twenty moons in half-living suspension. "Jasperstar?" Heathergaze inquired, her low voice rasping as she tried to conceal her pain. "Do you mind if I come in?"

4949733.png

She-cat • 20moons • WindClan • Pansexual • Played by Rangerpaw

• //Hey that's totally ok, I'm sure you had reasons that were more important than this cat site ^^ Man that was so long ago I hardly remember their interactions, and thank you it was a big shock when it happened lol. Honestly JasperStar's only just started changing recently, due to a million things slowly chipping away his ability to trust and my wish to kind of maybe break my poor boy XP He's the second character I ever made though, I do love him dearly so I might have him turn around in the future. So sorry for my horribly late response!

We've got to hold on, to what we've got — JasperStar — WindClan —

Much had changed since Heathergaze's disappearance. Cats had come and gone, the moor had burnt down, alliances had been made, broken, and made again. Scenery had changed, along with the cats that had lived through it all. JasperStar was one of them, and after so many moons of trying, trying to see the best in every cat, giving chance after chance, hoping that good could be found in everyone... He had indeed changed. The change might've been slow at first, but it was growing, and becoming more noticeable. The tom wasn't as energetic and enthusiastic, more serious and cautious. Not as open with his feelings, and more wary of strange cats, should they appear at his border. Heathergaze though, wasn't a stranger. They'd met long ago, but still, they'd met. JasperStar wished he remembered her more, but she was back now, so perhaps they could get to know each other again.

Of course, that was an option if Heathergaze was still who she said she was. Where had she been though, all these moons? Perhaps living life as a loner, like Bearstorm, or maybe making friends of JasperStar's enemies... You have no proof of that. Argued Jasperstar's sane mind and logic. But he'd convinced himself that of Lightningtooth too, so maybe there was proof, and he was just being a blind fool, as always. Upon hearing Heathergaze's voice outside his den, JasperStar looked up rather sharply. "I suppose not." He answered, sitting up as he did so. Well, this was their chance to talk. JasperStar cast a look of calm over his features, light green eyes awaiting Heathergaze's entrance.

JasperStar| Male| 40 Moons| Windclan| Leader| Bisexual| Brother of deceased Ferret| Best ability: Deep thinker, realist, slightly ADHD| Extrovert, thrives in crowds| Worst quality: mind affected by sickness, heart growing dark| PM for capture, major injuries, or possible death|

Lives: 5/9

Played by Jadefeather12

• it's no big! I honestly got so busy with life and stuff, and I'll be starting university next year so it's gonna get way worse... ugh. This is a theme with my characters! They all poofed, they come back and their crush/closest friend is in charge. Minnowstar and Briar in SkyClan and now Heather and Jasperstar here

//

Cautiously stepping inside the gorse-walled enclosure, Heathergaze seated herself off to one side so as to not block the light. The long-limbed molly felt uncomfortable here in the half-dark, the stifling closed space causing her breath to speed and her nerves to rise, the feeling only waning as she forced it down with her usual imperturbably level manner. "I... it's good to see you, Jasperey- star, Jasperstar." the ginger molly began, correcting herself hastily. "To my eyes, it's been a long time and from what I saw of the moor on my way here, that time weighs heavily."

Biting back the urge to apologise, to blurt out her guilt and grief, Heathergaze took another steadying breath and looked the tom in the eye. "I didn't mean to leave, and I'm not sure I can explain what happened or why I haven't changed. All I want to know is... am I still welcome here, in the Clan? You're all the closest thing I have to family now and I... fox-dung, I'm rambling." she trailed off, violet eyes downcast as the grief she felt crept into her low-pitched tone.

4949733.png

• //Good luck in university!

We've got to hold on, to what we've got — JasperStar — WindClan —

Heathergaze seemed immensely nervous, and JasperStar felt a bit bad about that. Perhaps he should've tried to be more welcoming when she'd first appeared, and made sure that his clan mates weren't being cruel. He didn't think they were, but... Things often slip by your notice. "It's good to see you too, Heathergaze." The leader was fairly sure that had been her name, so long ago. "Too true, many moons have passed since you were last here, perhaps more than a season." JasperStar wished to ask her where she'd been, but it seemed that Heathergaze didn't know herself. Maybe she'd lost part her memory, like Bearstorm, or something else had happened. As she finished speaking, cut herself off, JasperStar's gaze become a little warmer. "Of course you're still welcome in this clan. I wouldn't send you off, if you had no where else to go. Welcome back, Heathergaze." He meowed, smiling kindly now. A bit like the old him, really.

JasperStar| Male| 40 Moons| Windclan| Leader| Bisexual| Brother of deceased Ferret| Best ability: Deep thinker, realist, slightly ADHD| Extrovert, thrives in crowds| Worst quality: mind affected by sickness, heart growing dark| PM for capture, major injuries, or possible death|

Lives: 5/9

Played by Jadefeather12

• /oh nooo I'm terrified lol.

Also... wasn't he like the same age or a couple moons older than her when she left? xD because he's twice that now by my math... which would mean she's been gone for just over two in-game years. Yikes. Poor sad Heather is really confused.

Heathergaze smiled sadly, unsure of what to do. "Thanks, Jasperstar. Is there anything else you need? Um... I heard rumours, is all. I know we didn't know each other very long before I disappeared but... I've got your back, ok?" she mewed awkwardly, feeling guilty and strange, at once wanting to run for the hills but simultaneously feeling as if she just wanted to stay here and talk until she got to the root of what was going on. However, that wasn't how real life worked. One had to be tactful, apparently, and that didn't include grilling one's friends about their personal problems.

"I should... I should, um, go do something." the scarred ginger tabby muttered, shaking herself slightly. She stood, wincing as her head connected with the prickly roof, and turned to leave unsure of how to interact now. StarClan damn all of it, talking to a familiar face wasn't supposed to be hard! Heathergaze wasn't a dependent cat by any stretch of the imagination, but it was lonely coming back to find everyone had passed on and she found herself wishing he'd ask her to stay - it would prolong the awkwardness, sure, but there was just more to face if she went outside.

4949733.png