something's gotta give — o, liza's birthday

The winner of the October game giveaway for Overwatch is: Shywolf! Congratulations!

The next giveaway is for Shadow of the Tomb Raider! Check here for more info!
  • I WILL NOT SURRENDER, THIS LIFE IS MINE

strelizia arbor / hawkclan / [♀] / tags & information

*:・゚✦ Strelitzia hadn't told many people, but she knew it was her birthday today. It gave her not much joy, however - it was a reminder of her heritage, that her mother was still mostly missing and her father, well, she didn't want to think about him. Liza didn't say much, mostly went on her day, but at some point she retreated to her quarters, retrieving a cupcake a clanmate had helped her bake - just a little one, with some frosting, just for her. Lighting a candle, she sighed as she stared into the flames. Happy birthday, Strelitzia, she imagined her mother whispering to her, but she knew it was empty hopes. Her family was long gone.

"Speech."

I WON'T BE POSSESSED, BURDENED BY YOUR ROYAL TEST

I WILL NOT SURRENDER, THIS LIFE IS MINE

strelitzia hawkclan knight + shaman tags

• track for rn, since I assume flynn doesnt know rn

"speech here"

♚ ・゚: JUST NOT MY DAY — TAGS

HEY THERE LOVER

DAMN I MISS YOU, ITS BEEN CRAZY. I PAINT THIS PICTURE

• HERE I COME, MARCHING ON TO THE BEAT I DRUM —

Russ, being the worrier she was, was seeking help from Strelitzia on a series of scratches on her back leg she couldn’t quite remember getting. She suspected maybe a thorn ptch or some tricky twigs, but either way she wanted to get checked for infection.

Of course, she wasn’t met with the normal calming scene of Liza’s quarters that Russet had familiarized herself with. Instead, shiny decor and a personified banner were strewn in the space, quickly clueing to Russ that today wasn’t the average day. “Liza! It’s y-your, uh, buur-thh-d-daay?” ‘Birthday’ was a word she had never said before. She hadn’t a use for it before now. But she knew how to say birth and day, so she just needes to put them together.

But that didn’t mean she knew what it meant.

Whe-er, whats that?” inquired Russet, gazing thoughtfully at the depressed-looking monkey. Naturally, this distressed the girl. She took a step towards her clanmate, asking, “Are you ak-okay? Oo-oh! Is it a bi—no, bad ti-thing?

tags + “russet” + “hawk

Webp.net-gifmaker.gif

HERE WE GO, ONE MORE TIME! LET'S GIVE IT OUR ALL!

lovingfondly altair-arcanium, tags + altair family guide

hawkclan trust [shp], hardened sweetheart

• ❝ MY PRETTY WEEPER

Hira adored birthdays. Celebrations of someone's birthing every year on the day they were welcomed into the world? She signed herself up any chance she got. She mostly adored them because they reminded her an awful lot about her Papa, who cherished birthdays more than even the three-eyed ginger. She wondered what kinds of things Aurum cherished. Family was very important to her, and now that Aurum was her father, she had a strange urge to learn more about his favorite things and his frequent hobbies.

But today wasn't the kind of day for brooding. It seemed it was someone's birthday - Liza's to be exact - from what the long eared child caught, carried by the wind. She turned her head up Hawkclan's giant, personal tree trunk, her eyes sparkling as she made her way up the rough bark to be faced with Russet and Strelitzia. To say she was merely shocked would be the understatement of the year. "Russ, y-you canned spoke?" She sputtered out through squeaky British vocals, excitement igniting in her eyes. This made it so much easier to get to know the pretty canine. "And Liza, it are yous birthday??" The smile on her soft features grew wider as she eyed the tiny cupcake sitting before the sad girl, her heart beginning to ache for the broken Shaman. "Well, that are not a cake for a Princess." Hira commented softly, squinting her three honey eyes in disbelief. She had to fight the urge to rummage through Liza's ingredients to bake her a nice, round cake fit for such an amazing person.

wit6pc.gif

MAY YOUR WEAPON BE KINDNESS, YOUR SHIELD COMPASSION ——— ・゚✧

❝ may the flowers grow again, to sprout love from all this sadnessinformation

*:・゚✦ Strelitzia hadn't expected anybody to notice - maybe they wouldn't if she didn't have the cupcake - but she sighed. As much as she appreciated their kindness, this wasn't the best sort of day for her. "Yeah, it's, uh... yeah. My birthday." she mumbled, flicking her tails to her side somewhat irritably. But the expression on her face looked more like thoughtful sadness. Considering Hira's comment, Liza shook her head. "I'm not a princess. This is all I've got, anyway." she wasn't really the person to try and bake anyway - if she was, she would have asked Flynn for help. But she didn't want to bother anybody, especially not with something as dumb as this.

"Speech."

• "

feliz cumpleaños! feliz cumpleaños! feliz cumpleaños!" the sing song tune came from flynn, a bright smile upon his face. he didnt really want to make a huge deal out of her birthday, but yet here he was, with a little wagon holding a cake for the gal. he didnt really talk about his birthday, but streli was his friend. he cared about her even if she didnt necessarily enjoy that he was.. an alcoholic. I mean, according to them, he was clean. he wasnt drinking anymore, and that was that. he hoped to keep them thinking like that, because he knew full heartedly, that he was drinking again. "happy birthday, strelizia. I made y-you a sm-small cake. n-no big deal but y-you are m-my friend and h-have helped me a lot. k-kinda like your mother a-and ya mean a lot to me." he said, pushing a smile on his cheeky face.

♚ ・゚: JUST NOT MY DAY — TAGS

HEY THERE LOVER

DAMN I MISS YOU, ITS BEEN CRAZY. I PAINT THIS PICTURE

• WHEN MEDICATED AND SCARED

weso / hawkclan & kit / male [♂] / storage

*:・゚✦ The small child came over and hung back. Watching silently as he did not understand. What was a birthday? He would tilt his head as he studied the scene.

"Speech."

I CAN TELL BY YOUR SMILE

YOU'RE COMING UNDONE

*:・゚✦ Strelitzia blinked with surprise as she heard Flynn's singing behind her; and she span around to watch him come in, her eyes watching him - there was a little twinkle in her eyes but it was more thankful that he'd remembered. She still wan't in the greatest mood, but she'd grit her teeth. "A-ah, thanks, Flynn," she mumbled half-heartedly, but she glanced around to the others that had gathered. She still had her cupcake, so... "Do you, uhm, do you guys want some?" she offered, not wanting to hog it all.

"Speech."