Just because you know you're colourblind (open) Doesn't mean you can see the colours

The winner of the October game giveaway for Overwatch is: Shywolf! Congratulations!

The next giveaway is for Shadow of the Tomb Raider! Check here for more info!
  • You can't fool your body

You can only fool your mind

Minnow ★ BloodClan ★ kit ★ 6 moons ★ female

Thump. The sound of paws hitting the ground could be heard, before a shrill squealing sound, which was abruptly cut off. Minnow had just successfully stalked and killed a mouse, though she'd almost missed it by hesitating. Revolution would've called her out on that, but he wasn't here right now, so Minnow had space to breath. The she cat took a few steps back towards BloodClan's central area, but strangely, didn't leave the mouse in a free-for-all pile as she normally did. Even more strangely, Minnow settled down, and began to eat. That's right, eat. The she cat had been getting thinner for weeks now, due to her eating less and less. Why had she stopped eating? Minnow lived in a bloody world, and she wasn't the most ideal candidate to survive here. Things happened, things went wrong, a lot. The caramel and white molly often felt that everything was out of her control, and she hated feeling so helpless on top of everything else that was wrong with her. Minnow had realized that she could control her eating habits, and so far that had helped calm her emotions. Besides that, she'd been bullied about her weight, and this way she killed two birds with one stone It wasn't healthy by far, but once she'd started, Minnow was finding it hard to stop. She knew restricting her intake of food was bad, but... If it helped her mentally, could it be that bad?

The answer was, maybe. Only yesterday, Minnow had eaten even less than normal, she'd gone without food for about twenty four hours, give or take. That was enough to cause the girl to pass out, and that had scared her. Scared her so much, that Minnow had decided to try slowing down on the whole 'starve yourself' thing. At the sight of the mouse in front of her, Minnow's thoughts had gone instantly on guard. Giving up will only prove every cat's point. But I'm not giving up. Just trying to, be ok. She would eat enough to get by without passing out, and that would be enough. Her stomach seemed to have other ideas. It seemed to curl up at the smell of the mouse, and Minnow nipped off and swallowed a chunk reluctantly. Why is this so hard? Why must her body act so stupid? When she didn't eat, it gave her so much pain for days on end, but when she finally did feed it, it wasn't doing much to encourage her. Because it's finally accepting what you're doing. Don't confuse it into going back. You don't want to go through that pain again. No, no she didn't. Minnow was determined not to pass out again, but only managed another mouthful or two before her stomach gave a confused twist, not used to another meal besides the small one she ate in the morning. Minnow sighed gloomily, not noticing that another cat had seen her struggles.

Tags "speech" thoughts

Please wait for Niruka to respond ^^

• Niruka padded on sable paws towards where the slim caramel-and-white she-cat was crouched, her body language telling him how much she wanted to hide. "That was a good catch. A little slow, but not half bad." The tom drawled, settling himself down beside her. This close he realised she was a lot thinner than the others, who were usually all hard muscle and glossy fur. This one looked cold, there was a sort of tremor to her body and blue tints to the exposed skin around her nose and ears. Manipulative and self-serving the tom might be, but even he could see that there was no future in dead Clanmates - at least, not too many. Not the ones he could use.

He'd heard the rumours about her, too. Just little anecdotes, mentions of fainting a couple of times - her demeanour wasn't at all like a BloodClanner. Curious, he probed further. "You're not happy here, are you?" he asked, not bothering for the polite introductions - they were part of the same faction and although they might not know names, they at least knew eachother by sight. There weren't too many who looked like Niruka. "I mean, for all the places for a cat such as yourself, this is the least healthy."

4952801.png

Perfectly fertile 'hermaphrodite', male pronouns and identifiers • 36 moons • BloodClan • Pansexual • Played by Rangerpaw

tags and bio here

Yo people you's should write on my wall. I dare you.

Small ears pricked in surprise, as an unknown tom approached her. Just hearing someone complimenting her catch, Minnow's mind hopped to Felix, thinking it might be him, but the tone and figure were completely wrong. When she realized this, Minnow sat up hastily, unsure of what to say. Was the tom mocking her, like Revolution would do, or was he being sincere? "O-Oh, uh, well, th-thanks, m-mister." Minnow meowed nervously, glancing at him with a timid gaze. He sat next to her, and the she cat's first impulse was to move away, not because he was making her uncomfortable, but because she was afraid he'd see how thin she was. Canary, Dragon, and Felix all knew she was starving herself, that much had been obvious when they'd found her, passed out. Minnow didn't want to make it easier for her clan mates to see what she was doing to herself. She didn't move though, afraid of being rude.

Minnow meant to ask the male's name, for she didn't know it, but he spoke before she could. The small girl was slightly taken aback, wondering what he was getting at. "I-I, w-what do you mean?" Was he trying to figure out if she was a traitor or not? Minnow was so quiet, anti fighting, and so not a BloodClanner, she could see why cats would be suspicious. But if they thought her disloyal, what would they do to her? What do I say? What he said was true, but poor Minnow didn't know if she could trust him. "Th-This is my home." She mumbled, somewhat lamely. Not her first home, mind you, but the one she had now. The tom was right, this wasn't... Wasn't the best place for her, but where else would take her? If she tried to leave, she'd probably end up dead, one way or another. Besides, I could never leave Felix. He was her best friend, even if she didn't deserve him.

Tags "speech" thoughts

• Niruka shrugged, he was hardly a loyal sort and saw no harm in cats moving from their birthplace to wherever they fitted in best. "You just don't seem happy here. Minnow, right? I'm Niruka, I joined the clan... a longer time ago than it might seem."

He could see she was a pawstep from running and settled back, giving her some space. "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to crowd you." he mewed smoothly, polite as ever.

"Failing the leaving idea," he began again, "you could learn. I'd be happy to teach you, to hunt or fight or whatever."

4952801.png

Perfectly fertile 'hermaphrodite', male pronouns and identifiers • 36 moons • BloodClan • Pansexual • Played by Rangerpaw

tags and bio here

He knew her name? Well, a good clan mate would, she supposed, and thankfully he offered his name in return. "Yeah, and uh, n-nice to meet you, Niruka." As for being happy here, BloodClan had it's pros and cons, though Minnow struggled once again for an answer. "Just, just a b-bad day, r-really. I-I like it here." Jeez, Minnow. She'd was stammered pretty much through this entire conversation, a red flag that she was nervous as all heck, and Minnow wished she were better at hiding her fears. And it wasn't that she wasn't happy in BloodClan, some days were nice. It wasn't BloodClan she feared, but what the standards were, and what everyone was asked to do. Many cats around here enjoyed that about BloodClan though, which did make Minnow feel a bit alone.

Niruka shifted away from her, and Minnow was grateful to him for that. "I-It's fine, I just, um.." She couldn't explain why she hadn't wanted him so close without telling him outright what she feared he figure out, so Minnow simply cut herself off and looked down, as she generally did. When Niruka offered to teach her, Minnow couldn't stop herself from flinching away. It was too much like what Revolution had offered, 'hey I'll teach you to hunt', when in actuality he'd really just wanted to bully her about everything she did wrong. Yeah well, he was right, wasn't he? He's just one of the only ones to point out all the things I can't do. "That's real kind of you, mister Niruka, b-but I, I'm not really into, fighting, and all that." Minnow called him mister, as she always did when meeting new cats. It was 'mister' or 'miss' until she figured out how much respect they required to not hate her. Maybe it would be a good idea to learn to fight. But then what? Minnow would never be brave enough to use such skills, so why learn them?

Tags "speech" thoughts

• Niruka shrugged, an easy movement that caused his creamy pelt to ripple with the barely-concealed wiry muscles of a hunter. He himself was no weakling, but wasn't much for close-quarters fighting either. And something intrigued him about this new cat, a fragility he didn't often see in his Clanmates. He suspected that if he played his usual games, she'd break - and all he wanted was fun, not finality. Breaking someone's spirit was far from fun. "Well, I'm sorry. That's all I've got... is there anything you do need? If someone's bullying you I'll happily discourage them for you. Non-lethally, of course, I'm not a savage." He purred, still holding himself away. Weird... his usual offers didn't work here. He might have to actually try sincerity for once.

4952801.png

tags and bio here

Minnow wasn't one to 'get' cats per say, but she really couldn't figure Niruka out. He really seemed to want to help her, but why? He hardly knew her, and she him. Maybe he's just being really nice. But this was BloodClan, hardly anyone was this nice for the sake of it. Now he offered to 'discourage' cats from bullying her. That would be nice, Minnow supposed, but she didn't want him to get in trouble, even if he wasn't nice to her. "I'm not being... Well, nothing I can't handle." At least, she hoped so. Minnow was calming down, no more stammer in her voice, but she was still wary. Looking into the siamese's light blue eyes, she asked, "Mister Niruka, why are you trying to help me? I, I mean, I think you're being really nice, I just..." She just didn't understand. To avoid looking more awkward, Minnow ducked her head down to take another nibble of mouse.

Tags "speech" thoughts

• Niruka coughed, and covered it with an amused snort. "With all due respect, Minnow, nice is the last thing anyone would call me." he mewed, amused by the compliment. "I'm offering to help you because you look like you need it. I'm far from kind or giving or even really empathetic but you remind me a bit of my little sister, and BloodClan has a tendency to discard those who can't tough it out."

The words left a bad taste in his mouth and a weird sort of stabbing in his chest. It was unfamiliar, and he decided immediately that it was unpleasant. Honesty - not at all the typical modus operandum when dealing with Niruka.

(Niruka hasn't seen a lot of roleplay time so I haven't really had much of a chance to feel him out. He's usually a jerk and would pretty much just flirt with someone and then ditch them, but I guess his thing is he doesn't really want cats winding up dead so... apologies if there's a lot of inconsistencies. He's a weirdo.)

4952801.png

tags and bio here

A blink of confusion at his words. Really? He seemed pretty nice to Minnow. A cat can act nice, without meaning it. A cat could do a lot of things, without meaning anything by it. Niruka assured her that he was only offering her help because she looked as pathetic as she was. Not his exact words, but Minnow still flicked her ears back in brief sorrow. Proving his point, dolt. The long furred girl tried to look less hurt, focussing on his mentions of a sister. "Oh, you have a sister? Er, who's she? Does she live here too?"

//little rushed, and that's fine, so far I love him <3

Tags "speech" thoughts

• Niruka realised with an annoyed start that he'd actually given up some of his own past. "I have two sisters, actually. Raki and Isis. They live with twolegs not far from here." He explained, deciding that he hadn't died yet so being open couldn't be so lethal after all. Probably. "Two brothers and another sibling too, actually." the sable-pointed tom added, surprising himself with his own willingness to volunteer information.

Seeing there was absolutely no point in pushing her to talk, Niruka did his best to keep the conversation pretty neutral. "How did you come to BloodClan? I mean, everyone's got a story there. Pretty much nobody was actually born here, it's like some kind of death trap when it comes to raising a family here." Yeah, that went well. Surprising, how when he had no real agenda how awkward a conversationalist the tom was.

4952801.png

tags and bio here

Two sisters who's names he'd given, and more that he hadn't. Minnow was maybe more intrigued than she should've been, but she couldn't help it, she'd hardly known her siblings. They'd been taken by two legs until Minnow was the only one who remained. At that point, it had been her mother's desperation to keep a child that had saved her from the same fate. "Wow. Did you know them well, before you came here? Do you still talk to them?" Minnow wished she could've kept contact with her siblings, but she'd been hardly three moons when the last of them had gone. The molly and her mother had lived in the streets for awhile, until... Well, that story was directly connected to how Minnow had ended up in BloodClan. "Oh..." The girl was a tad put off by hearing how BloodClan was a 'deathtrap' for families, but she figured she might as well go on. "My mother and I used to be, uh, kitty pets, I think you guys call them. But the twolegs kept taking my siblings away, and mama didn't want to lose us all. So she took me, and we lived as loners, for awhile. Then... Then she got hit by a monster, shoving me outa the way."

Minnow really didn't like telling this, to anyone, but Niruka had been so kind to her, sort of, and had told her a bit about his past, sort of. "So, so I ran, and I ran until I couldn't anymore, and I ended up by BloodClan's territory. Crow found me, then Felix and Canary and a couple others. They took me in, I-I'm might've died if they hadn't." That was another reason Minnow didn't want to leave BloodClan. They'd taken her in, no matter how... How horrible the place could be at times.

Tags "speech" thoughts

• Despite being a self-described heartless rogue, Niruka felt a sort of stirring in that lump of coal residing within his chest. "My family and I were kittypets too. Mother lost an eye and wasn't pretty enough, so the twolegs threw her out. Father was a mercenary here in BloodClan. He took her in, a bit like you actually, and they had two litters. I was one of the first, along with Raki and Hysteria. Sister and brother." the tom rambled, finding it easy to recall the familiar names and chatter about them. "Hysteria's a local rogue, lives on the streets a bit far north of here. He's not the friendliest. Raki lives in the nice twoleg nest near camp, the one that always leaves food out at nights. She got sick of being chased by dogs and rogues. Our younger siblings are a mixed bunch too, they were really sick as kits. Mercurial died pretty early on, but Osiris and Isis live in the nest next to Raki's." Niruka continued on, somehow there was something comforting in family talk? His wasn't really a happy family but he did have a little pearl of faith - his sibling and parents walked in his dreams, whispering advice and guilt-tripping him the minute he mis-stepped; as he inevitably did. Hesitantly, he offered forth a final suggestion. "I... if you like, I could take you to meet Raki and the other two, they're pretty much the only polite kittypets around here."

Secretly, the sable-marked tom hoped his siblings might have some advice, and that the familiar surrounds might ease Minnow's evident anxieties, that maybe Isis's sweet and subdued nature might calm his caramel-furred factionmate.

4952801.png

tags and bio here

Minnow listened quite intently as Niruka spoke, for she hadn't taken him as the type to suddenly open up about, well, anything really. Hearing about his mother only solidified Minnow's feelings that two legs were cruel creatures. Why did they have to be so, mean? It wasn't like they were even predators, they were just harsh for the sake of it, and why? Perhaps for fun, like some BloodClanners tortured their prey. Revolution flashed in Minnow's mind briefly. At least in the end, they do end up eating their prey. Not that Minnow wanted to be eaten by a two leg, but at least if they did eat cats it would give them some sort of motive. Raki, Hysteria, Mercurial, Osiris, Isis. They were all nice names, although Hysteria wasn't quite like any one molly had heard before. "I'm sorry about your ma, and Murcurial." Minnow meowed in the few seconds of silence before Niruka spoke again. At that, surprise etched Minnow's features, but this was finally an offer that she wasn't afraid to accept. After this sort of, bonding experience, talking about their families, Minnow trusted the tom enough to nod. "Sure, Niruka, that sounds like it would be nice." For me, and for him. Who knew when the tom had seen his family last?

Tags "speech" thoughts