hard at work » task, fixing dens

The next giveaway is for Overwatch! Check here for more info!
  • whitekit ! 4a46b0bc_1bb2_4cb6_bece_e988662644b1_by_a1t3r-dcidn2p.gif

Text

WASPKIT

skyclan kit • female

"Moss would be the best option. We should go collect some together from near the medicine den. It grows best there in the shade on one side."

Honey-colored eyes would gleam enthusiastically at Whitekit as her brother intelligently suggested for them to try out the moss, more or less, he knee exactly where to find some withiut them having to ask someone to leave camp to retrieve some materials to rebuild the dens: she hadn't really thought about it much before, but her ability to do this job would have been very limited without someone to show her where to find all the stuff she could use to patch up the leaky areas. "Great idea, Whitekit!" The female cooed happily, her tail lashing behind her. "We could jam the holes 'n stuff with moss instead'a trying to find a way to make twigs stay put."

Before Whitekit could make another comment, the little tabby's paws were skirting the earth in graceless strides, carrying her away from where Glacewing was handing out tasks and heading right towards the overgrown cottage. Just through the cracks in the old twoleg den, she could smell the earthy musk of many herbs that resided within: none of them had a name to her, but she knew most if not all of them were important. Perhaps they should check with that place first and make sure that there were no leaks?

Ah, but she didn't really like the medicine cat's den. It was nothing against the cats themselves, but she would rather not have to visit and get some of that nasty stuff all over her. It was enough gazing on at the place from a distance.

Her thoughts, as she slowed her pace and rounded the shadier side of the cottage, drifted to the task she was given: Glacewing had wanted her to assemble a team– like a leader– and just her and her brother was no real group effort. They would need at least one warrior to aid them in reaching the tall parts, or even retrieving some more moss if they were to run out, though she hoped that wouldn't happen.

"Hey, if anyone has som' time on their paws, come an' help me 'nd Whitekit fix any leaky spots 'n the dens!"

Text

Made by Alter

• let me dream with the stars // skyclan

Trotting at a slower pace after his sister, Whitekit glanced over his shoulder as she called for a warrior to help them. He knew that was probably a good idea, in case they encountered any areas they couldn't reach or fill properly, but Whitekit also knew that they would probably be able to get most of the work done on their own as well. While his sister called for a warrior, Whitekit started clawing carefully at the moss growing by the medicine den. He was able to gently tear up large clumps of the slightly damp growth, big enough that it would be effective at blocking leaks when stuffed into crevices. He also knew which area of moss to leave alone, as he knew from observation that the medicine cats preferred to use a certain section of growth for their tasks that needed moss. If Waspkit came over to help, he would make sure to let her know to leave that area alone.

speaking thoughts

"put me in the dirt; let me be with the stars."

forget all the shooting stars and all the silver moons ———— ・゚✧ 」

we've been making shades of purple out of red and blue — information

skyclan ・゚✧ kit ・゚✧ 6 moons ・゚✧ tom cat ・゚✧ minnowstar x unknown
    penned by hanakosong

• HNfzwXn.gif Kits really did grow up so fast, soon enough they would be apprentices. Rainpaw still remembered they day she helped their mother, Minnowstar, during the kitting. Now here they were running around with the world ahead of them. She once thought that she would be the medicine cat they would grow up to and come to when they had any problems. But now she was an one eye apprentice, recovering because she had been foolish enough to try and see her father in Bloodclan. She was almost healed enough that she could start her training to become a warrior, almost behind the training by three whole moons. There was a lot she had to learn and she knew it was unlikely that she would become a warrior at the same age as everyone else. Her dark blue eye watched as the kits moved towards the den, thinking they were awfully cute. "I can help!" she said, thinking she could try and still be the same cheery Rainpaw.

skyclan apprentice 9 moons girl ferretpaw x wolfgang tags

• While she had been the one to assign the task, that didn't mean the blue cat didn't have some free time to help out, too. After all, she wouldn't ask a Clanmate to complete a task she herself wasn't willing to do. Approaching the group with a calm nod of acknowledgement that she would be helping, Glacewing headed towards the supplies, picking some up silently and veering to aid in the rebuilding of dens.

WISHING I WAS A HURRICANE & TAGS

• Well hey, when you ditch the clan that took you in and then come back, there's sure to be work to do. The wiry, long-legged tortoiseshell stretched and stood, extending and retracting her claws a moment as she considered the worn-down dens. Where to start.

Noticing a pile of ferns the apprentices must have collected, the cream-chested she-cat trotted over and seized an ambitious mouthful of them, dragging them towards the warriors' den which had a pretty distinct hole in the roof. Dropping most of her ferns beside the den in question before clambering up on top with one remaining frond. Long-legged she might be but Briarfrost was still significantly smaller and less powerful than the other SkyClan cats and struggled a little.

A little startled at all the help they were suddenly receiving, Whitekit merely shrugged and stayed quiet, hoping to stay mostly to himself while they did this. He kept carefully tearing the moss back from the surface it had grown to and piled it up beside him. He was secretly happy to see that Rainpaw was offering to help and interacting with others. He had overheard enough from his mother and the other warriors about what had happened regarding Rainpaw's position in the medicine den, and he was glad she still seemed to want to be part of the Clan despite all that.

speaking thoughts

penned by hanakosong

• brookkit, five moons

Trotting over happily towards where Waspkit had called for assitance, Brookkit practically shouted with joy when she saw Rainpaw gathered among the other cats. Moving quickly over to the apprentice's side, Brookkit purred and flicked her tail gently over Rainpaw's flank. "Hey! Glad to see you around again!"

speaking thoughts

i'm staring at your photo // but i still miss you

i miss you but i'll erase you // because it hurts less than to blame you

character storage ||

• The she-cat glanced to her side, catching a familiar tortoiseshell pelt. So Briarfrost had returned, it seemed, a day late and mouse-tail short. Cedar's rogue group tore through camp, wounding their warriors and endangering the formerly-pregnant Minnowstar. Luckily the leader had given birth with no complications, yet Glacewing certainly missed the aid of another warrior during that raid. She wouldn't like to hold a grudge, though, so instead she remained grateful for her current presence. Striding over to join her moving the massive pile of ferns. "I've got the other end for you," informed the blue point, nodding to Briarfrost to move it into place while she kept the fern steady.

• Briarfrost nodded briefly, hauling the new branch up onto the roof. "I really am sorry I returned too late." she murmured, sounding for all who didn't know better like a world-weary elder. The tortoiseshell warrior shivered, feeling a brief chill as she worked. Despite her return from the mists, the warrior still felt so disconnected and while her body still resembled that of a junior warrior - she'd been around fifteen moons of age when she'd disappeared - there was something disconcertingly off about her.

"Thanks for the help," she added, with a guilty glance at the deputy as she continued weaving branches into the frame of the roof and then layering the fern leaves in to protect from the rain.

Glancing at his pile of moss, Whitekit gave a satisfied little nod and trotted quickly over to Glacewing and...wait who was that? Whitekit had never seen this cat before, but Glacewing didn't seem alarmed by their presence. If anything, they seemed rather friendly, the deputy actually aiding this cat with fortifying a den roof. Shrugging, Whitekit walked up to the pair and looked up at Glacewing.

"I've got a big pile of moss ready to fill up any cracks or leaks. Is there a den I should look at first?" Glancing sideways at the new cat, Whitekit didn't want to seem as overly curious as he felt, so he settled with simply asking, "Also, who is this?"

speaking thoughts

penned by hanakosong

• HNfzwXn.gif She was well aware that many had probably heard what happened to her. That Starclan told the leader that she was not meant to be the medicine cat, Rainpaw then went to see her father in Bloodclan, and a feline took her eye. Now she was back and recovering, soon to start her training. She was also aware that some probably judged her for going to Bloodclan in the first place. Some probably agreed with Starclan's choice of demoting her and finding a more suitable feline. Someone more stable. Her one eye looked to Brookkit, "I'm glad to see you around too." the apprentice said, aiming to gently touch their back with her tail. Her head then turned back to the task, though she was unsure how to help.

skyclan apprentice 9 moons girl ferretpaw x wolfgang tags

• brookkit, five moons

Purring happily at Rainpaw's acknowledgement, Brookkit carefully pressed her shoulder against Rainpaw's side and tried to convey her happiness. She really did look up to the older she-cat, even after everything that had happened. Brookkit thought that Rainpaw was particularly strong enduring everything that had been thrown at her in such a short window of time. Pulling away after a heartbeat or two, Brookkit bounced a little closer to where others were starting to work on the task of repairing the dens. She saw Whitekit leaving his pile of moss to talk to Glacewing and trotted over to the moss to wait for him to return so she could help.

speaking thoughts

i'm staring at your photo // but i still miss you

i miss you but i'll erase you // because it hurts less than to blame you

character storage ||

• 4a46b0bc_1bb2_4cb6_bece_e988662644b1_by_a1t3r-dcidn2p.gif

Text

WASPKIT

skyclan kit • female

By the time Waspkit was stumbling back towards the group, it seemed like they were already making significant progress. The small brown tabby was having a difficult time crossing over, tripping over some of the hanging moss she had managed to just barely scrape from the side of the cottage with her lack of any upper body strength: it felt like most if not all of her muscle was in her haunches, anyways.

"Oh–" Her surprise was easily construed through her tone as the moss she held fell to her paws, dark-tipped ears perked. Honestly, Waspkit was surprised that so many clanmates had come to help them at the call to action. A sort of prideful feeling swelled in her chest as she smiled at everyone present. "Thanks ev'ryone for helping. C'n some of you check the apprentices' den and warriors'? I'm gonna try to check in the cottage."

Although she greatly disliked going near the area where the medicine cats' worked, this time it would simply be to make sure there were no potential areas for leaks.

... or she could try to climb to the roof.

Thoughtfully, the girl gazed up at the top of the cottage, lost in thought.

{ My bad for my lack of replies :') }

Text

Made by Alter

• Her tail flicked dismissively at the apology Briarfrost gave, finishing up helping her before replying, "We can't change the past. It's what you do in the present and future that will define you." Unless the other had done something truly despicable, she held no ill feelings towards her. Minnowstar seemed to feel positively towards Briarfrost, so Glacewing would make an effort. Besides, it wasn't as if the she-cat could have known about the attacks. No one was psychic. Turning as she was prompted by Whitekit, a curious child of their leader, she explained, "This is Briarfrost, a warrior of SkyClan."

• Briarfrost eyed the creamy kit curiously. "Hi there," she mewed politely, weaving the last of the leaves into the den roof and dropping to the ground beside the others. "Who're you? I mean, who's kit. Words. Right. I can do words." she stuttered, realising awkwardly that this kit probably belonged to one of the cats she'd been friends with.

//low muse and headache soz

Whitekit was never one to brag, so when he answered Briarfrost, it was merely a statement of fact than anything else. "Minnowstar's my mom, and Waspkit, Wolfkit, Poppykit, and Breezekit are my littermates." Turning his head to look in Waspkit's direction, Whitekit gave a tiny shrug. "They all think I'm kind of weird, but we're related so I can't be that weird compared to them, I suppose."

speaking thoughts

penned by hanakosong

• Briarfrost blinked, then coughed, then dissolved into a fit of more coughing. "Wait, what, hold up. Minnowstar as in Minnownose, right? Minnownose has kids?" the tortoiseshell molly rasped, taken aback. "No way. I... I can't believe I was gone that long."

The tortoiseshell averted her eyes. "Do you have another mother, or a dad?" she murmured, feeling incredibly uncomfortable now. The last cat here she recognised, and this one had clearly changed so much.

Minnowstar   Northern-Skywatcher now is the tiiiiime, reveal thyself

The little tom shrugged, giving Briarfrost an odd look. "Mother says that she doesn't know our father, and no one is really acting as a second mother. Though, the whole Clan seems content with making sure my sisters stay out of trouble." If Whitekit had to guess by Briarfrost's reaction alone, he would wager that there were some half-buried feelings between this warrior and his mother. This should be interesting when Mother arrives...

speaking thoughts

penned by hanakosong

• //Ruh roh raggy

Minnowstar's my mom. The leader hears her son announce the fact to a cat, and she momentarily wonders who in StarClan's name didn't know by now. Is someone visiting?

As Minnowstar turns to see who he's talking to, and hears the familiar voice-as close to her heart as breathing air, as walking on the grass-she can't help but think shit. The short she-cat had known Briarfrost had returned, and it wasn't as if she was avoiding the other cat, but she just didn't know what to say. Hi, I'm leader now and got a donor to have kits? And by the way I'm the adoptive mother of the medicine cat, who has a habit of eating gross things and being forced to throw up by StarClan? Briarfrost would be out the camp entrance as quick as she returned.

But it seemed avoiding the issue at hand officially isn't an option anymore.

"I'm sure it is, for him and Breezekit," Minnowstar inserts herself in the conversation awkwardly, "Though with their sisters and Poppykit, I need all the help I can get."

With an awkward pause, she adds, "I, uh, I suppose I should have told you earlier that I have children."

[Avatar by Amy]

Optimistic Lesbian

Leader of SkyClan

(9/9 lives)